Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Genius

Entry #31

So that's where I left off years ago.
After I picked where I wanted to go Kate come and hosted a party. I don't really have friends so big thanks to Kate.
Actually, that's not right.
Looking back, most of the details of what I wrote isn't what I remembered. Some of them are not accurate. Kate doesn't really exist. She represented the zOMG community, who helped me recover during my traumatic times. They won't understand why I am so grateful, but still I should told them "thank you".
My life did change. I couldn't zOMG as much as I wanted. The best I can do is going to meats and post in forums. There ain't time for DMS or smeb. Beside, with how inflated the marketplace is I can't buy powerups at a reasonable price. As much as I want to support the game it isn't happening. Also the money doesn't really go toward the game anyways.
I couldn't really understand how Lux and other people in his crew balance school and intense zOMG. Perhaps I am just a bad time manager, like my mom have said.
Speaking of which, my mom now have a restraining order against her, placed by my dad. The divorce came shortly after I left. But it isn't really important to me.
I haven't seen much of dad.
Gaia is hosting a panel at Fanime. This should be fun.

Space Genius

Entry #32

Whoops, almost got kicked out of Fanime! I forgot their "no government logo" policy. So I didn't cosplay.
This isn't my first time at Fanime, frankly. Honestly I am quite bored.
But the Gaia panel is hilarious, to downright terrible.
So how does it feel to have enough virtual money to rival NASA's budget? Is the economic really fine?
No word regarding zOMG as usual. Sigh.

Space Genius

Entry #33

HAHAHAHAH this is way to interesting to write about. I am sure you have all heard it from the news but here is my account. They were worried that I have PTSD's or some s**t but don't worry, I can get over that s**t pretty easily.
Oh, I forgot. There was a truce to not tell the public what game was her emulating. I can't tell either. All court proceedings are kept secret. Maybe in a few years it will all come to light but for now it is top secret.
This is all in a diary so it is okay. Shame. I want to tell the zOMG community so bad. Maybe it will rekindle Gaia's interest in zOMG! Or they will pull the plug finally, connecting it with all the "bad" thing that happened to me.
Anyways...

Space Genius

Entry #34
I woke up in a damp place. I don't remember how I got there. Last time I remember I crashed after working on an intense project that's due tomorrow, aka today. Maybe this is a dream, because I don't want my GPA to suffer because I didn't turn in that s**t.
Whoop, this is NOT A DREAM. I have being abducted. I am sure, because I am writing it as NOT A DREAM two days after it happened. Which would means SPOILERS, but it made the news already so why bother.
Anyways, I tried walking around. The ground is soft but cold, which contributed to my skin being full of goosebumps but no backaches. I don't know where I am now. If I don't find my way out, then I could die and my GPA would suffer.
It isn't dark inside. There was a source of light near the end. I ran toward it. What if there is a killer there that is waiting for me? I don't care. I am trained in martial arts. Why do they want me, anyways? How did my defense mechanism not activating and chop the abductor to pieces already? But it is useless. I need to find my way out ASAP. Or my grade suffers.
The light is luckily, or unluckily depend on how you look at it, a windowed door toward an abandon subway station. I reluctantly pry it open. Oh god.
"Hey, you!"
I was startled. There was a gray old guy smoking something that greeted me. That reassured me. I am not in some random places after all!
"Know where we are?"
Oh, nevermind.
"I don't, sorry," I replied back, but that doesn't really help.
"Do you know about this, then?" the gray old guy passed me a paper.
"THIS IS FRANK, THE CREATOR OF ANIMATES," I read to the old guy.
"I took a train then I fell asleep after I got off. I think I landed on the wrong spot but there ain't no trains over here. Not even a sign," he said.
"Did you know how I got here, then?"
"LOOOOL, no, I don't even know you are here until a few seconds ago."
Okay, then.
I look around. The only Frank I know come from the zOMG wiki, about the abandoned tutorial.
Suddenly, a train whistle.
"Looks like we got something. It is the ticket to home!" the old guy said.
Yes, maybe.
The train look like a stripped down version of the BART trains. I haven't take them in a while so my recalling may be off.
"Come with me on this because I don't know s**t," I told the old guy. Not verbatim. Can't remember.
The train opened the door to us. We got on. As soon as we sat down the door closed down and the train get rolling. Stuff begin to fall into a blur.
"Soooo, where does this train stops?"
"I don't know, you are the expert on trains, not me," I ran to the train head. I don't want to sit around and do nothing and wait for my death. And my grade fall.
The old guy followed me.
The head took a bit of jogging to get to. It is just a set of levers and buttons and..what's this?
"THE TRAIN ISN'T STOPPING UNLESS YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE."
What.
Meh. I should just pull this lever. May as well as die with curiosity solved.
Seconds passed. I decided to push some buttons and pull some more levers.
The train stopped at another station, different from the one we were on.
More what.
We got off. The head doesn't have doors, as you may have known. There is some white light form the ceiling that light up a hollow stairway. May as well...
The stairway led to a sewer.

Space Genius

Entry #35
Ah, sewers. This isn't Paris. I am certainly not playing Assassin's Creed. I don't know what kind of sewers does Berkeley have.
The old guy winced. "This ain't no sewers I know of."
Which reminded me. "Do you recognize the train we were on?" I asked. One thing I am sure of is that Caltrain and Amtrak have some nice tables and seats if you find the right place. Also, double train. The train we were on have neither of those. Just some plain seats. Maybe some signs but I don't remember. See, I have never took subways in America. They said they are making one, outsourced to China, for the entire state, but I don't put too much hope on it. Then you got Elon Musk who said he can do a faster subway for cheaper. He essentially said "******** the government" like the old anarchist he is. Despite all the circlejerk he got on Reddit and NASA Watch I don't have any hope for that, either. Because we are all jerks who only thinks about ourselves. Screw all the small cities, especially those in the Northern California area.
"Come to think of it...it did look different from Metro trains."
"Metro?" I asked. "What is that?"
"That is our subway."
"Oh, okay then," I responded, seeing that it would get no answer. "Let's get out of here."
Sunlight shone thru openings on the ceiling--or should I say, ground. Enough to let us see the way out.
The sewer isn't what I expected from all the pictures. It looked very fancy for a sewer. There is bridges and pipes. It look liked more of a secret nuclear power plant you see in movies, but instead of secret inaccurate nuclear stuff bubbling down there you have water. Fast stream of water.
I spotted a ladder off to one of the walls. "Hey, look over there. Ladder!" An airtight door hung above.
"Great. I want to get out of here. I need food," he responded.
See? We are all selfish jerks.
"Okay. Let's go." I run up to the ladder. It is about 10 meter or so length. Enough for a slip to the grim reaper. "You got this."
So after some acrophobia prep talk from the depth of the memory coming from someone who thought if you want to work for NASA, you MUST want to be an astronaut despite numerous correction after, I got up the ladder. Annnd.
The door is jammed.
It isn't the result of my oh so weak arms. The door is dented out of shape.
"It is a no go," I yelled to the old guy who is at the base of the ladder. "Go to the next ladder." Which is about 20 meters away with a bridge between platform. What if I spotted that one instead of this jammed one. Quantum mechanics is a fun thing.
"You can't expect--" the old guy started.
"Okay. I am coming down. Get away from the base first," I yelled.
The next ladder is shiny. Like it get used very often. You can't see it from a distance.
To answer the long awaited question, the door above was very easy to open.
"Dafuq are we?" the old guy exclaimed.
The door opened to a walled community in reminiscent of old Roman city. You got a Colosseum, an open plaza complete with fountain in the middle and river around it. There is a pub and several other shops around. Patches of garden sits around the shops. It just seems so tiny though.
I can see there are three doors out of the walled tiny Roman city. "So, lend me some luck, which door is one we will take?"
"That one," the old guy points to the door closest to where we are.
That one it is.
All of these looked oddly familiar.

Space Genius

Entry #36
A thick forest by the creek awaits us.
Oh, did I said thick? I meant a few very small trees. The creek is evidently man made. It makes a pool at the end. A small bridge in the middle. A windmill by the pool. Around the space is rock walls. Why.
Are we in a LARP field or something? A golf field? These things look comical. And familiar. But nothing rings a bell yet.
We walked up to the bridge. The little man made pond have little koi swimming around. Koi koi.
"Let's get out of here," I said, pointing out the two very conspicuously marked path toward two separate caves to open light. One of them even have a fork. "My gut says to take the path to the left. Ignore the fork."
"There could be deadly scorpion by the end of there," the old guy responded.
"Deadly?" I looked down at my shoes. They are the same running shoes I wear all the time. "Nah."
We walk.
The cave turns into a twenty meter squared man made beach. Beyond is water. Plain, blue water. I think I can see the end of it. About ten meters into the water is a platform with some sort of podium.
"See? No deadly scorpion!" I said. Although in my mind I wish I saw some giant scorpion in the shape of an anchor.
The old guy rushed to the edge of the beach. "Aw man, I haven't swim in years!" he dived into the water. I was expecting some sort of loud sound as the guy hit the bottom of the water.
A mere ten seconds later he reappeared on the beach. "The water is too damn deep!"
"Let me see," I said, taking my time to get to the edge. "Oh. It sure is deep. Could use some diving gear."
"You got to be kidding me."
"Ha. Of course. I could swim that. Just don't look down. There is no way I will look like a monster with copper diving gears. Like the creeper Marshall."
"Marshall?"
"Oh, he is this non playable character in this game where he creeps up player underwater. He wears diving gears. The players have this magical ability where they can breath underwater."
Marshall.
Now I know why all of these looked familiar.
"We are swimming across. Can you swim?"
"Why yes. Freestyle."
"Good. I can only do frog style."
I am not good with diving.
From what I can see while trying to open my eyes, the ground is filled with sand and shells. The beach have an abrupt end, a deadly mistake. I can't see very well without my glasses and goggles.
Nomex doesn't suck a lot of water. My pajamas can go thru, let's see, flooding and sudden fire. It also dries rather quickly.
The old guy reached the platform first. "Get up here, there is a button!"
"Okay, okay," I said as I got up the platform. "Anything else?"
"Nothing," he replied as he pushed the button. I almost lost my balance as the platform starts moving.
"One hour and fifteen minutes. You are an experienced player, but not one of the elites," the podium suddenly speaks. I start look for the speaker on the plain, wooden podium.
"You are the chosen one, as like thousands of others. What are the chance of meeting a player in real life? Rather good."
"Shut up podium, just tell me how can I leave this place." I still have a project to turn in.
"Ah, here it is. Overlooking down at the Los Angeles outskirt," the podium said as the platform moved toward the edge of the water.
"What?" the old guy said.
The edge of the water is a sharp drop to a suburban area. About forty meters.
"WHAT THE ******** IS THIS?" I yelled. The podium was quiet.
"Want to jump down?" the old guy said. I looked at him as if I want to kick him. But it might be the only solution. One person jump down and have the people below look up and see one person standing on the top. Holding a sign that says "help".
Or use something else instead. What falls out of the skies that occurred before but will certainly be out of the ordinary?
We still need something to call for help though.
"Well we could use your flight suit to make a parachute and jump down!" the old guy interrupted my train of thought.
I tugged my wet pajamas. "Don't even think about it."

Space Genius

Entry #37

But of course, I made it out anyways. How I was noticed by the people down there and managed to not get shot was all over the news. LAPD had promised to keep the circumstances secret so I can only rant about it here.
At that time I wished I was one of those stereotypical teenagers that slept with phones in their pocket. Well, actually, since my pajamas doesn't have a convenient hip pockets, I would have to keep my phone in my breast pockets. Having my phone ringing near my breast is probably a confused experience trying to figure out where the heck is my phone in the delirium of sleep. Not to mention I run the danger of crushing it during my sleep. That goes for phones in hip pockets.
I started to cup water in my hand and thrust my hand outward. The old guy started to yell. We were panicking, alright. Just trying to get some attention.
After two minutes of yelling/cupping water we stopped. "What time is it?" I asked the old guy. He turned to me. "Well?"
"Probably seven. See, the sun is bright, but no one is out there yet," he points to the houses below.
"Great," I replied. "Let's find a way to make attention before they come out." It was school days, after all.
"I've been yelling at the top of my lungs for a while, ma'am. I don't think they care," he commented.
"Well, make them," I said. Water isn't able to make sounds loud enough to attract attention. Yelling isn't indicative of anything wrong. Jumping...well that would just be short sighted.
We needed something heavy to call to attention, but swimming back on shore and grab something heavy, then swim back was exhausting and certainly deadly for me. Not sure about the other guy.
"Hey, could you swim back to shore and grab something heavy?" I asked.
The guy threw a deadly stare. "What?"
"Whatever there is," I said.
"There is nothing."
"Well, okay. Do you want us to die here?"
"That's fine by me. At this age where a doctor can only starve it doesn't matter."
"Alright, then. But you know what? I am not giving up yet," I dived into the water instead.
To the old guy's credit there really is nothing to move around. I shivered for a bit on the shore, partly due to the wind and partly because of desperation.
But of course, even a dumb human can think of what I did next. I am professionally diagnosed to be dumber than average dumb human. Oh well. At least I made it to college.
I ran up to the mock Bass'ken Lake and unzipped the long zipper down my pajamas while tighten the zippers around my legs and the velcro around my arm. Without hesitation I crouch down the lake. The koi, startled by the sudden movements, swam away to the far end corner. It doesn't matter. The mock lake is deluxe bathtub sized. It didn't took long to trap all the koi inside my pajamas. They struggled around in there, tickled my stomach.
If I could not carry them, why not have them swim with me?
"Hey, I got some heavy stuff," I told the old guy, who was crouching near the edge of the podium. I remained submerged in Shallow Seas.
The old guy turned to me. "Oh?"
"I am keeping them alive. Okay, can you throw?"
"Of course I can," he was still puzzled ."What did you bring?"
"Fish."
"Fish?"
"You don't see them raining around, do you?" I joked. "Listen. When someone come out--it has to be someone, not someone in a car--throw a fish toward them. Take account gravity."
"Fish?"
I climbed onto the platform. "Yes, fish. You must do this or we all starve and die." I unzipped my pajamas a little and handed the old guy a live koi. "Sorry, but it is must. It is either us to them.'
"Them?" he held the koi, confused.
"Yes, I got a few more." Four, to be exact.
The guy turned around and threw the koi.
"Where are you hitting?" I moved toward the edge. The koi made a parabolic arc and landed on soft lawn grass, just behind a kid on a tricycle. We could see it flinched a bit before dying. "Ugh. So close," I handed him another one.
This time, the koi hit the roof of a car. But the car owner did not notice.
"Third time is a charm," I grabbed another koi.
The koi slipped thru my fingers and made its way to the water.
Ah, well.
I handed the old guy the two remaining koi. "Don't kill us."
It should be made clear that I have some peculiar syndrome that makes me sleep in the middle of the day.
I dozed off, only to be awoken by the old guy in what seems to be minutes after.
"They noticed."
"Huh?" I crawled to the edge. If not for the old guy grabbing my collar and almost choking me then I would have certainly fall to my death.
Down below, a crowd had gathered, no doubt drawn by the koi.
"Help!" I yelled. The crowd shuffled. "We are trapped here!"
"Already did that. No one cared," the old guy said. "This is the same kind of people that told a murder victim to be quiet as she was being stabbed to death."
What is he now, a psychologist?
I continued to yell. "Call 911! Call someone to help! Don't stand there. The death of us will be on all of your shoulders, equally heavy!"
Later on, I learned that a kid who skipped school called the 911.
It took a few hours for the fire department to broke into the estate and reach us (again, our case was too trivial to get helicopters). The estate was booby trapped to no end for whatever reason. And confusing to them. A segment of subway? Why is it here.
The rest is history. Pictures of the old guy--or should I say, psychologist PhD that is homeless-- and I started to circulate around mass media by the evening. Pictures of the estate is selectively taken to not reveal much about the game it is emulating.
I wonder if my pictures will end up on clueless Facebook feeds as "NASA astronaut lending a helping hand to homeless". That will certainly confuse interviewers and employers.
My grandma called my aunt who called her mother-in-law who called her daughter-in-law to pick me up from LAPD, buy some sea urchins that is only available in LA Chinatown, then send me back to Berkeley.
Berkeley tightened their security up for a bit.

Space Genius

Entry #38

Like any other Friday I logged onto zOMG. Except today's different. The address returned to "Ops! Something went wrong!" page.
"What?" I gasped. It isn't like that before. It isn't like that even in maintenance mode. What happened?
Is it...? I paused before continuing my thought. That can't be it.
But I was right. Of course I was right. There is no reason to believe otherwise.
We all knew this was coming. There is just no other way this situation could find another ending without Gaia undergoing intense change. Gaia is certainly not willing to do that, ever. Which leave this.
zOMG was shut down.

-end-

Editor's Note: This is how the record ended. The end. No more. The notebook is mostly empty though.

Dapper Loiterer

Perfect Saint

BF-dragontshd-40
Entry #38

Like any other Friday I logged onto zOMG. Except today's different. The address returned to "Ops! Something went wrong!" page.
"What?" I gasped. It isn't like that before. It isn't like that even in maintenance mode. What happened?
Is it...? I paused before continuing my thought. That can't be it.
But I was right. Of course I was right. There is no reason to believe otherwise.
We all knew this was coming. There is just no other way this situation could find another ending without Gaia undergoing intense change. Gaia is certainly not willing to do that, ever. Which leave this.
zOMG was shut down.

-end-

Editor's Note: This is how the record ended. The end. No more. The notebook is mostly empty though.
They'll find the old notebook one day and the Blair zOMG Project will be made.

Playful Guildswoman

Awwww....I forgot about this thread, read this page tonight and am going to share the url with a new friend from Save zOMG guild who likes fanfic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff