Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

A players guide of glitches and fixes and more!
Made for and by the players of zOMG!

Your input is needed
Please post your glitches to help other players determine if it is their computer or the game giving problems
Please post your fixes and tips to help other players get through a possible glitch or weird issue

*This is not a bug reporting alternative* Please report all glitches and bugs in the proper forum

Please remember to report all glitches and broken quests.The devs can't fix it if they don't know it's broken. This is the Link to the zOMG! Game Bugs Sub-forum. PLEAS make sure to post your bugs/glitches here!

Some General Rules

Please do not beg in this thread
Follow the ToS (duh right?)
Stay in topic (that would be zOMG! if you didn't know)
No trolling
Be polite
Please don't spam
Bumping only if we fall of the front page please
Please use the form provided so I can easily see which posts are for glitches and fixes
All fixes are ones submitted by you or gleaned from the zOMG! forum

Table of Contents

Link Posting Form
Link Known Glitches and fixes when I have them
Link Non-Functioning Quests (including SS and Endboss)
Link Players Tips and Hints
Link Mini Guides (for Repeatable Quests and Rings)
Link Qixter Quotes

Other Helpful Threads

Of course you can and should read all the stickies including Qixter's one on Recent Updates

You may also want to check out these helpful threads listed in no particular order (well maybe alphabetically then):
adblock-makes-zomg-less-laggy

chat-panel-out-of-game-screen-and-the-work-around

Link to: Brias Guide to your zOMG Adventures:Quests, Animated&Badges

Link to: z!F's Gude to Rings and Ghi

Link to: Faiths Guide To zOMG Badges

Link to: Keyboard Workaround (Updated Vista & XP) (for International zOMG! Players)

Link to: Keymapping - A Guide

Link to: Pookys Goofball Guide

Link to: Shallow Seas & Beyond - A Guide of Tips & Tricks

Link to: zOMG! Help Thread

Have a thread you want me to link here? Let me know and I'll add it. 3nodding

heart Thank You heart

Thanks to all the players who keep this updated with the latest glitches, fixes and helpful tips

I hope this thread is a help to you all heart

User Image

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Posting Forms

Bug/Glitch Form [for mini events}

(Please remember to use this form.)
When reporting a bug/glitch, what we need from you.

Guest or Site?
-Tell us if you were a guest log in and from what site (link us please!)
-Or if you were logging in from the main site.
[-Which Mini Event]

Operating System
Specify for the computer used when you experienced the issue.(date/time with time zone)
- Windows (95/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista),
- Mac
- Linux/Unix.

Internet/Web Browser
The program/application in what you use to view gaiaonline.com.
- Internet Explorer
-Firefox
-Netscape
-Opera
-Lynx
-Safari

Flash Version
Click here for a link to test your flash version

The Bug
Try to explain in your problem detail.
- where it happened
- how did it happen, give us the steps leading to the bug
- what were you doing when it happened
- provide links if needed
- screen shots can be very helpful
-did you disconnect at anytime, reload or refresh, did the browser crashing, any errors messages before the bug/glitch show up?
-anything else happen that was odd?
-how many time could you /did you reproduce this bug/glitch. Example: only happened 3 of the 5 times I killed a grunny.** 3/5

Please give as much detail as you can, this thread is watched by the devs, so if you want to help them help you then please include as much of the info they need as you can. Please use this form to help you and use. Thank you.

[b]Guest or Member[/b]: (link to site if guest)

[b]Operating System[/b]: (examples: Mac, Windows Vista)

[b]Internet/Web Browser[/b]: (examples: Internet Explorer, Firefox)

[b]Flash Version[/b]: (example: Flash Version 10)

[b]The Bug/Glitch[/b]:
(What is the bug/glitch, include quest name if applicable)
(How did it happen? Give steps leading to the bug)

[b]When[/b]:
(When did you first encounter this bug/glitch and when did you last see it)
(How often does this bug/glitch occur?)

[b]Notes[/b]:
(Did you try to fix the problem by reload/refresh, clearing browser cache, etc. and did it help or change the glitch?)
(Anything else happen that was odd that might be related?)
(Any other additional notes/screen captures)

Mini Event Glitch Form

(Please remember to use this!)

[b]Guest or Member[/b]: (link to site if guest)

[b]Operating System[/b]: (examples: Mac, Windows Vista)

[b]Internet/Web Browser[/b]: (examples: Internet Explorer, Firefox)

[b]Flash Version[/b]: (example: Flash Version 10)

[b]Which Mini Event were you doing? [/b] (Give as much detail as you can please and screen shoot are very helpful.)

[b]The Bug/Glitch[/b]:
(What is the bug/glitch, describe the glitch please.)
(How did it happen? Give steps leading to the bug)

[b]When[/b]:
(When did you first encounter this bug/glitch and when did you last see it)
(How often does this bug/glitch occur(reoccur)?)

[b]Notes[/b]:
(Did you try to fix the problem by reload/refresh, clearing browser cache, etc. and did it help or change the glitch?)
(Anything else happen that was odd that might be related?)
(Any other additional notes/screen captures)

NOTE: Some things may not be broken for everyone. This list is not complete. Updates once a week or as I can find the time. Date is the date of my posting not the date of the start of the glitch. Always check your game play after an update to check for fixed glitches and quests. Your input is need so please post and correct me if I have something wrong or missed something. And let me know if a glitch is fixed. Thank You Sensual Soul

*Disclaimer: These fixes are suggest fixes from myself and from you the players of zOMG!, they may not work for everyone.

User Image

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Known Glitches
and Fixes when I have them
Last Update: 09/23/2009

Please use the form provided here to post new glitches

exclaim Popular or recent glitches have this icon next to them exclaim

Rings and Orbs

Locks on my rings -- Soulbound Rings
The little gold locks are not going to stop you from playing. It means that all your rings are soulbound to you on this account. Soulbound means you can not trade or sell your rings to other Gaia members. You can salvage them for orbs or sell them to the stores for 2 gold. There is no way to remove soulbinding. The rings in the MP are rings acquired before the soulbinding took effect on Dec. 8th, 2008. Once those ring are equipped they too will become soulbound. Link to the official statement from Qixter
Fix! It's not broken there is no need for a fix!

Ring is a "?"
Fix! log out and back in

Orb upgrade glitch
When you are upgrading you get to a point where the screen won't let you upgrade anymore, the upgrade button stays depressed.
Fix! Reload your game and add orbs slowly.

Can't seem to salvage my rings
When you click on them and then the salvage button nothing comes up (the warning asking if you really want to salvage), both the upgrade and salvage button just go dark so you cant click on them anymore.
Fix! This is lag, so log off and wait a few minutes and log back on. Salvage your rings slowly and you should be fine.

When salvaging rings, the orb count goes down instead of up
Fix! Upgrading another ring or relog into zOMG! and the orb count corrects itself

exclaim Defib not working on some other people (who are not in your crew)
There is a glitch where some avatars are not completely getting logged out (or have the evil twin glitch) so defibbing them will not work. (They have been stuck there for days.) post (5/25)

Other Ring Issues
Check out the section for the Rings Mini Guide

Loading, Lag, Moving Issues, Stuck, and GIM

Server Loading Errors
Init Map glitch Fix! Wait for 5 to 15 minutes and try again
104 Time out Fix! Keep trying

Lag
Fix! Refresh your page or close browser and reload from the beginning, waiting 2 to 5 minutes to log back on (changing servers can help as well).
Tip! "If you go to the menu, click options then graphic options, and change your setting to My Ring Animantions Only. Aslo go to your Silhouetting / Show Avatar and uncheck it. And lastly, you can lower the resolution or Graphic Quality. I personally get much considerably lag in medium, and usually stick to it, but when I get to something that is going to require all of my attention, I turn it all the way down to low. At that point any text becomes choppy, but I don't know anyone who pays attention to the chatbox during a boss battle ;D " --Megumi_is_me

Hung up on a loading screen
Fix! If you're using Firefox, adblock maybe to blame. If you disable adblock and reload the game the map will load fine and it'll let you play. Another work around is to just use another browser.

Movement glitch (walking disease)
walking disease is when you are stuck walking in one direction, for example left, and cannot go right, and can only stop by sitting, however the player can go up and down
Fix! the usual fix is sit and stand + press all directions
Fix! get stuck on something (rock, tree, etc.) until it wears off (never lasts more than 20 seconds).
[2/17]

Game Freeze
Game would freeze only while sitting down to try and regain stamina. As soon as I would stand back up, the game would resume as normal.

Movement glitch (Rubber banding)
You can't move out of the "room" you are in to the next, can move to the edge and even die but can't move about or see monsters nor attack anything.
Fix! Restart broswer, log off for 2 to 5 minutes and/or switch servers. This is a type of the lag in a major way!

Stuck in the Null and can't move or can't exit the null.
Fix! Close the game wait for a few minutes log back on, change server and you should be in Barton.

Stuck in trees/rocks/pillars
Fix! have a friend get on a different layer then you and warp to them
Fix! have someone remote invite you from another layer
Fix! have someone bring monsters to you to daze you where you can awaken and get to null

exclaim Freezing very often while fighting
The sound works and I can still use my rings but the screen is froze/stuck. post (5/14)

GIM keeps logging in and out
"I have found this happens to me the most when I'm page hopping between zOMG and Gaia (or other sites). *notes* It'll happen on it's own too, but it does it the most (for me) then."--Jackie Nemo
Fix! Go to My Gaia> Account Settings> Preferences
In the 2nd colum under Gaia Instant Messenger turn off the auto popup AND the auto log in.
Fix! Sign out and wait 2-5 minutes before logging back in

Badges, Quests and NPCs

Hive Refugee--Graphic are missing.

exclaim Kill Counter
There is a kill counter in your My Gaia > Quests > Badges (or just click here for that Badge Status page)
This page updates every 5 minutes.
Note: The Gift Box 50 badge was previous counting the wrong animated (ring boxes) but any ones you have killed after the fix will be counted correctly.

NPC won't give me my repeatable quest
Fix! Some NPCs for repeatable quests need to be spoken to twice. Once to get your reward and once to renew the quest.
Fix! Some NPCs won't talk to you unless you are the right CL.
Tip! Check out the Repeatable Quests Mini Guide below for some tips on what CL to be when doing a repeatable quest.

Quest are not updating as they should on My Gaia page or on the PDA
Quest flags not leaving or reappearing on map and can not be turned off
One Example: NPC has a permanent question mark (Trip)
Fix: None yet [2/15]

No word bubble on Trixie
While trying to lowering my CL, the word bubble on Trixie doesn't appear?
Fix: None yet

Quest Glitch?
Check out the section on Non-functioning Quests

Graphics Issues

Avatars for players and NPCs appearing as outlines
They may appear after time.
Fix! It's our friend "lag" again, just reload/switch servers. Part of the program is just loading too slow.

Where is the monster?
I am getting attacked by something invisible. You should still be able to target the monster with the target key on keyboard to attack it.
Fix! It's our friend "lag" again, the monsters should appear eventually, sometimes after they die. This happens frequently in the Shallow Seas

I can't see my avatar (just a shadow)
This is most likely the Ghost Ring invisibility glitch
When using the ring you are left invisible, only a "shadowy circle can be seen
Fix! You need to fight something that has a debuff that's visible(like sand fluffs and the sea sprites is SS) a few times until it sticks to your avatar.

No Graphics for orbs / gold or for monsters
Fix! Slow load of part of the program, reload/switch servers.
Tip! Try watching your orb count before you open a basket, chest or crate and/or listen for them.

Map Black out glitch
This is where a map you have already explored turns black again and you have to re-explore it to see the map.

Misc. Stuff

Friend request not going to main site

Clan displaying your clan on all players info. sheets in game

"Oh No! I selvaged my only attack ring!" This is not a glitch just user error but I'll stick it here anyways. If you don't read the prompts and selvage your only attack ring there is only three things you can do.
1. Start over by making a new account.
2. Crew with other and hope for a ring drop.
3. Buy a new one in the Market place.
That's it. Oh and next time the game gives you a prompt, read and make sure you understand what you are reading before clicking that OK button!

NOTE: Some things may not be broken for everyone. This list is not complete. Updates once a week or as I can find the time. Date is the date of my posting not the date of the start of the glitch. Always check your game play after an update to check for fixed glitches and quests. Your input is need so please post and correct me if I have something wrong or missed something. And let me know if a glitch is fixed. Thank You Sensual Soul

*Disclaimer: These fixes are suggest fixes from myself and from you the players of zOMG!, they may not work for everyone.

User Image

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Non-functioning Quests
(including SS and End Boss)
This is not a confirmed list.
This it just a list of what you the players say is not working and possible fixes.

Last Update: 3/29/2010

Notice: this section needs your input for what has been fixed and what is still broken heart

Please use the form provided here to post new quest issues

Quest Issues
Post if you notice one still broken after the update, I'll put a exclaim (to help identify ones that are still problems for people).
Post if you notice any of these that start working, I'll strike them out.
The quests are in the areas under the NPC that gave the quest originally

Training
This are is being re-worked by the devs at this time.

Barton

Village Greens

Getting stuck in wall. Fix---Close your game and wait for 3 minutes and restart your game, changing servers.

Bill's Ranch

Bill

Rebella not giving you your freebie? Go here---&mlos thread

Zen Gardens

Old Aqueduct

Gold Beach

exclaim Repeatable quests

Otami Ruins
Jerry

Rin and Lin Will not take quest or are silent. (Please post this in the bugs forum no known fix or work around.)

Shallow Seas

Sometimes crew can't get in to SS or get dazed when they try. Work-a-round is to disband and reform crew with the leader being someone that has finished the Otami quest. Note: Sometimes just changing leaders will work but not always.

End Boss
-- END BOSS GLITCH...no recipe and not badge received. --(4-22) (there is a thread to post in, in the main forum as well as posting it in the bugs forum.) No fix or work-around

Events
Gruckens-- It seems if you double click a Grucken the vanish. [9/16] FIxed--well never broken, it was set up that way by bronstahd, so it's meant to do that. Nice of them to let us know huh?

New content

Daily Chance

Jerry is not putting out! He tells users that they have gotten there daily donation even if you have not. Fixed

* Fix = Work-a-round or possible fix for a "glitch" Always report all glitches in the Game Bugs Sub-forum please.

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Players Tips and Hints
Last Update: 05/21/2009

exclaim Tip! Kill Counter
There is a kill counter in your My Gaia > Quests > Badges (or just click here for that Badge Status page)
This page updates every 5 minutes.
Note: The Gift Box 50 badge was previous counting the wrong animated (ring boxes) but any ones you have killed after the fix will be counted correctly.

Tip! Keyboard Work Around for International zOMG! Players
Link to: Keyboard workaround updated vista-xp

Tip! Can't seem to get an NPC to give you a quest? Don't panic!
Some NPCs for repeatable quests need to be spoken to twice. Once to get your reward and once to renew the quest.
Some of them won't talk to you unless you are the right CL.
Check out the repeatable quests mini guide below for some tips on what CL to be when doing a repeatable quest.

Tip! Not getting orbs or loot?
When monsters are "green" or "yellow" to you (your CL or up to a CL above you), then they're at maximum loot drop rate.--Quoting Qixter Head Developer of zOMG!
Link to Qixter Sticky: a CL Guide to the zones plus playing tips

Tip! Why can't I get into the mini-boss lairs?
There are CL caps for some of the mini-bosses. They also require that the animated outside are killed before letting you in.
Kat's Kokeshi Doll -- 4.1 max
She Wolf -- 5.1 max
Papa Saw -- 5.1 max
Duneslam -- 7.1 max

Tip! Why do I daze when I go into the Whirlpool on Gold Beach?
You need to finish the tasks in Otami (specifically beat the Stone Coatl for Rin and Lin) before you can go in there on your own. If you are in a crew where at least one person has beaten the Stone Coatl then you don't drown and daze.

Tip! How do I see my badges?
1. Go to your Account Settings and make sure your Profile is set on the Current setting
2. Next go to your profile and Edit Profile at the top right of the page
3. Got to Content and click Badges
4. Save and that's it biggrin

Tip! Why when I click on another person's "show more badges" link, do I end up seeing my profile and all of my badges?
There is a problem with viewing all badges for another person sometimes.
If the profile looks like this: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/7109982/
add ?showmorebadges=true so it looks like http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/7109982/?showmorebadges=true

If the profile looks like this: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=7109982
add &showmorebadges=true to the end of the address so it looks like http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=7109982&showmorebadges=true

Hint! Don't use the Ring Cheat
This is a cheat so I won't give details but you know it if you've use it. It's a loop hole glitch some people use to get around the CL cap on the Bosses.

Qix's response to this Cheat found on page 7: Link to quote

User Image

For those of you who still try this Cheat:
"Logic was added to mini-boss lairs so that if a player goes into an instance with low-CL rings, and then puts high-CL on *after* they enter that instance, they will receive no rewards after beating the boss in that encounter." -- Qixter
Also while talking to the devs I found out that now if you try to cheat by using this "ring trick" the game will "cheat back" by upping the cl of the Chapter Boss and the smaller spawns. So have fun if you want to cheat. twisted
Link to Update sticky for 2/26

Hint: About G'hi

User Image

Note: Your tips and Hints will go here, just post them and I'll add them. If you would make them easy to understand I'll quote you directly. Thanks heart

User Image

Here is a list of abbreviation and other useful words
. whee

EB
= End Boss
SS = Shallow Sea
OA = Old Aqueduct
VG = Village Green
Zen = Zen Gardens
Div = Divinity Ring
Defib = Defibrillator ring
AoA = Area of Affect
Null or NC = Null Camber (Crystal)
Qix = Qixter head developer
Dev[s] = zOMG game developer[s]
Rev = Revive (found in Back Alley Bargains)
Newbie = New person playing the game
Noob = Jerkish person playing the game.
Prommies = stuck up know-it-all, the ones that tell you how you have to play to beat the game. Travel in packs and love to troll and spam topics, rarely if ever give useful help or feedback. rolleyes "Look and me look at me! I"m better then you. Haha! I'm so Kewl." You know the type.
Regs = Regular poster of the forum, been around for a long time. Most are very helpful if you have a problem or want advice.

That's all the ones I can think of feel free to add!

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Some tips for what's New.

Coliseum! biggrin Yay!
But there are a few glitches and bugs to work out so please go HERE To let the devs know about it. smile Thank you!

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Quotes

On The Changes made 6/25/2008
Qixter
To fully explain the Landshark change:

Gold Beach is a CL 6.0 - 7.0 zone.

For those that were playing in Gold Beach, fulfilling tasks, and hunting for orbs, Landshark (at his CL10 strength) was an absolute abomination.

The folks that were designed to be playing in that zone had absolutely NO possibility of banding together and fighting back against him. They had to rely entirely upon CL 10s to show up and help them out.

And the CL10s *did* do that...some of the time. Other times, when no CL10s were available, Landshark just roamed the beach, killing everyone it encountered and making the zone unplayable.

So, we're making this change so that the players that are playing that zone at the levels it was designed for have a good shot at being able to do something about him.

This doesn't prevent anyone else from suppressing and helping out. It's still a fun fight (at the correct level) and he's still the bad-a** that you're used to fighting...but now everyone in the zone can participate.

In other words, it's better gameplay.

We'll get some CL 9+ content into the game sometime in the coming months. But we're making the existing content playable by as many people as possible, and because of CL Suppression, all of that content is available to CL 10 players also.

I hope this explanation makes the change reasons more clear.

-- Q.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/1111-1.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/untitled-1-1.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/11-2-1.jpg

Qix posted in RiRi's thread before it got moved...

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/koumikochan/QixGoofball.jpg

Link to her thread

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/Qixter.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/00111-1.jpg

To find these quotes...Go here.

Have a quote you'd like me too add? Post it or send it to me in a PM.

User Image

Vermillion Spirit

Thank you for the resolution to the left behind glitch. blaugh
I find this guide very useful, thank you.

Katsumi's quests have disappeared for me, and I can't get credit for stone coatl.

I sure hope they fix these, or someone finds a resolution for it. I want my ninja gear, lol.

Hilarious Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200

nice forum if you need any help with it message me razz
User Image

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,550 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Mika won't follow me out of her square next to the cliffs in Otami..... stare Schtoopid girl.
Yay, Glitch fix Guide. 3nodding

9,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
wahuskies96
Mika won't follow me out of her square next to the cliffs in Otami..... stare Schtoopid girl.

Added. biggrin
Didn't you have one of this thread? Or this one's newer and better?
Whether you’re pleasing or pissing everyone off…

Good guide. 3nodding

I sure hope they fix the Zen Garden's quests soon...I was really excited to do Kin's quests. D:

… you’re doing something wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces