*dances on it* 1 100.0% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 >

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I was thinking of all the excitement of the GBS and how it'll be a race to get the best rings first (just for bragging rights sake or to sell them).

Then I realized what if the starter areas are so flooded by gaians that it's almost impossible to do the quests? We'll be huddled around monster spawn points desperately trying to get that last kill in for our, "kill 20 bootsnakes mission."

What do you think gaia will do to combat this problem?

lots and lots of separate servers? being able to create you own room and be able to lock it just like with fishing and other games?

Whats the opinion's and/or ideas about this problem and how we can overcome it?

swarf
First, yes we will have lots of servers to choose from. If one is too full, you can find one with fewer people. Secondly, some of the quests will be in instance-based areas where you and a few friends can go and quest by yourselves. And if public areas are still to crowded to use, we'll have to increase spawn rates or something else to handle it. Don't worry, we won't let the game become unplayable.
We could do as Artix Entertainment does and make a server cap so that only so many people can be on at one time.
it will probably like the von helsons quests where they took you to a back alley where nobody was even though thousands were doing that same quest aka an npc will take you to a private area

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Seth-Moore
We could do as Artix Entertainment does and make a server cap so that only so many people can be on at one time.

That'd be no fun because then if you aren't an early riser you'd have to wait till 3 in the morning for an opening.
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore

That'd be no fun because then if you aren't an early riser you'd have to wait till 3 in the morning for an opening.

I know, I was only saying it was a possibility...and it would silence all the people saying it would take away from the forum.

reenactment:
Newbie: Oh no, I can't get on to Battle. What ever shall I do?
Newbette: Don't worry, Gaia is fully equipped with an amazing forum in which you can wile away your hours.
Newbie: Oh, hallelujah, I am saved from the boredom of waiting!

That is, of course, a complete dramatization, however.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Seth-Moore
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore

I know, I was only saying it was a possibility...and it would silence all the people saying it would take away from the forum.

reenactment:
Newbette: Don't worry, Gaia is fully equipped with an amazing forum in which you can wile away your hours.

Ya and the speculation that they would make legible sentences like that is laughable ^^

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Yeah..that would be bad

but it would go more like this..
Newbie: bumpbumpbumpbumpbump

But for the over-crowding problem..

It might be like Rally marts and shows..have people create their own rooms for them and thier friends...and put a password on it to keep people out......maybe

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Undead Suitor
Yeah..that would be bad

but it would go more like this..
Newbie: bumpbumpbumpbumpbump

But for the over-crowding problem..

It might be like Rally marts and shows..have people create their own rooms for them and thier friends...and put a password on it to keep people out......maybe

Well that was originally a feature on fishing right? It just strikes me as odd that you use that as an example x.x

but ya it'd work like fishing rooms which is how PSO worked kinda.

but then where would they meet? It's going to be a huge world and a pain to take a party out to the vast expanse all the way to where you need to go for a dungeon. But maybe they'll have warps between towns where dungeons are nearby to.
i just go with the diffrent servers idea...

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
GenTrigger
Well that was originally a feature on fishing right? It just strikes me as odd that you use that as an example x.x

but then where would they meet? It's going to be a huge world and a pain to take a party out to the vast expanse all the way to where you need to go for a dungeon. But maybe they'll have warps between towns where dungeons are nearby to.

I just used rallys as an example because you can walk around...

They might have individual "hubs" or town centers where everyone goes first...then you can go to where you want..and different hubs will be close to different locations and dungeons...I dont know...im just rambleling at the moment...its early
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore

reenactment:

Ya and the speculation that they would make legible sentences like that is laughable ^^

I have a dream, a dream in which newbs can spell. I have a dream, a dream in which newbs don't randomly bump. I have a dream, a dream in which all newbs who ruin my dream get flogged with a haddock.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Undead Suitor
GenTrigger

I just used rallys as an example because you can walk around...

They might have individual "hubs" or town centers where everyone goes first...then you can go to where you want..and different hubs will be close to different locations and dungeons...I dont know...im just rambleling at the moment...its early

Ya... It'd also be easier to get a group together for a dungeon raid.

instead of standing in a town yelling, "LFG DC! 1healer 1tank"

you could instead...

set up a room, "LFG DC" and get the word out to anyone who's browsing the servers.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Seth-Moore
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore
GenTrigger
Seth-Moore

reenactment:

I have a dream, a dream in which newbs can spell. I have a dream, a dream in which newbs don't randomly bump. I have a dream, a dream in which all newbs who ruin my dream get flogged with a haddock.

*sniffle*

beautiful...
I hope they have a lot of servers for this, i'm not going to wait hours on end while thousands of bots and noobs are running around there getting themselves killed like idiots...

either that, or no server limit... but that would be pretty laggy D:

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Bolto The Mage
I hope they have a lot of servers for this, i'm not going to wait hours on end while thousands of bots and noobs are running around there getting themselves killed like idiots...

either that, or no server limit... but that would be pretty laggy D:

very...

I hope to god that we don't have those eyesore bots using scripts to exploit the game

xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces