Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Noob

4,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Market Browser 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Soubi N Butterflies
Wut Panda
I suppose you are going to give them the funds to do all of this....?

Soubi N Butterflies
Jon Mess
You are missing one main component of it all:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Money for 'more servers' or the money to have the upkeep done? Like I said, unless something changed, the servers themselves already exist

I don't think they realize how much business they lose just because the game lags so bad so often.
In all honesty, I think more people would buy from the cash shop, and more people would play in general, if the servers were reliable.

Heck, I stopped playing for at least a whole year BECAUSE of the lag. The lag that I run into every time I start wanting to do something specific (and the fact half my quests are glitched) make me wonder why I even tried to come back to it.

While it may be true that zOMG! needs money to function normally, that doesn't account their their laziness in cycling the servers. I rarely ever use Gaia Cash, unless it's something I really want. They'll get more of my money when they earn it x:

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Myrielle
Wonder what that would mean for people playing long-winded runs like BL? It's hard enough for some to find crews, but to schedule a rule against server changes? It could discourage some players knowing that they may not have long to play long instances during the time they are free with an impending server cycle. Still, it should be good for others.

The key here was that they could go to a specific server for safety on the runs. The set up would look like this

Day 1: Server 1 & 2 put online
Day 4: Server 3 & 4 put online
Day 7: Server 1 & 2 taken offline, Server 5 & 6 put online (3 and 4 would be on still)

In other words, as long as you know which servers have been around, you know which ones would be safe to be on at cycle-time

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Wut Panda

While it may be true that zOMG! needs money to function normally, that doesn't account their their laziness in cycling the servers. I rarely ever use Gaia Cash, unless it's something I really want. They'll get more of my money when they earn it x:

Thank you ^.^ More or less one of the points I was trying to make there, that if the game was stable, I'm sure they would find more people willing to fund it.

I might spend my fake-money to buy a bloodstone to go into a special area.. but I am NOT spending any real money for a specialty that will be un-reliable

Perfect Saint

Soubi N Butterflies
Myrielle
Wonder what that would mean for people playing long-winded runs like BL? It's hard enough for some to find crews, but to schedule a rule against server changes? It could discourage some players knowing that they may not have long to play long instances during the time they are free with an impending server cycle. Still, it should be good for others.

The key here was that they could go to a specific server for safety on the runs. The set up would look like this

Day 1: Server 1 & 2 put online
Day 4: Server 3 & 4 put online
Day 7: Server 1 & 2 taken offline, Server 5 & 6 put online (3 and 4 would be on still)

In other words, as long as you know which servers have been around, you know which ones would be safe to be on at cycle-time

Knowing that, people might abandon the older servers and pile on the new increasing its risk for lag greatly before its due date. An example would be during the Halloween or Easter events, people will jump on the servers where Jack or the Golden Eggs are and fill those up so much that people cannot even log on the server while causing tremendous lag. However, it should be stated that the volume of people playing during events is far greater than the ones playing on typical days.

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Myrielle

Knowing that, people might abandon the older servers and pile on the new increasing its risk for lag greatly before its due date. An example would be during the Halloween or Easter events, people will jump on the servers where Jack or the Golden Eggs are and fill those up so much that people cannot even log on the server while causing tremendous lag. However, it should be stated that the volume of people playing during events is far greater than the ones playing on typical days.

Well, why shouldn't they go to the new servers? the issue we're finding is that after about day 3-4 is when the horrid lag truly starts.. Thats when we all want new servers anyways. So yes, let us have our fresh servers! The others may feel abandoned, but I am sure people would still use them, plus its a safety net for if...
A) Something goes wrong while trying to recycle the other servers
B) people have a safe place to be when old servers do cycle rather than having things interupted

Perfect Saint

Soubi N Butterflies
Myrielle

Well, why shouldn't they go to the new servers? the issue we're finding is that after about day 3-4 is when the horrid lag truly starts.. Thats when we all want new servers anyways. So yes, let us have our fresh servers! The others may feel abandoned, but I am sure people would still use them, plus its a safety net for if...
A) Something goes wrong while trying to recycle the other servers
B) people have a safe place to be when old servers do cycle rather than having things interupted

That was my point. Flooding the new servers can cause the same lag that was being avoided.

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Myrielle

That was my point. Flooding the new servers can cause the same lag that was being avoided.

I'm not entirely sure that unless they change things other than just cycling that they can even get rid of the lag. Its going to lag no matter what, after about 3-4 days of them being on people STOP PLAYING anyways, because of how horrid the lag is.... they're not going to make any money off of that

Perfect Saint

Soubi N Butterflies
Myrielle

I'm not entirely sure that unless they change things other than just cycling that they can even get rid of the lag. Its going to lag no matter what, after about 3-4 days of them being on people STOP PLAYING anyways, because of how horrid the lag is.... they're not going to make any money off of that

I've long accepted the fact that Gaia no longer sees zOMG as viable income-generating feature so it'd be a miracle for them to spend anymore time and money despite what was being said in the Ask the Admin threads. I hope to be proven wrong one day.

As it is, it looks like a resource-sink they'd hope to ignore enough for it to die a natural death likes so many other features.

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Myrielle

I've long accepted the fact that Gaia no longer sees zOMG as viable income-generating feature so it'd be a miracle for them to spend anymore time and money despite what was being said in the Ask the Admin threads. I hope to be proven wrong one day.

As it is, it looks like a resource-sink they'd hope to ignore enough for it to die a natural death likes so many other features.

I guess my issue is that I still see the potential for it -.-; the fact that I remember how many people would play during the times it worked the way it per-say should... I know i'd actually be willing to spend money, but only if it worked and was reliable. and of course, they'd need to advertise it, along with its available cash-shop items from time to time because advertisement is always key in anything getting the publicity it truly needs. (not that publicity will do anything in a game that 'doesn't work correctly' )

I don't see them fixing the issues causing the lag any time soon though -.-; I don't even see them fixing the server-cycling issues honestly, but I can hope, and if enough people actually showed that this is what they wanted, they might actually take note.

I know too many people who come to gaia and then wander off to either never return or only return once in a blue moon to check up on things and leave again because things simply don't work the way they should.

13,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
With four servers up, it would actually be difficult to find crews, unless you planned one with friends.

Beloved Fairy

10,100 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Staring_At_The_Night_Sky
With four servers up, it would actually be difficult to find crews, unless you planned one with friends.

or planned one with the boards, I agree.. but its not like people are generally willing to help with random crews from my experience anyways. (Such as needing to do a quest line that requires help I mean) the easiest are PS and DMS .. and smeb/smob from my experience

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff