Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Kiyanga
Myrielle
Been away math for too long. What function makes it so that the number always comes out positive? Anyway, the equation should only hold true for CLs with a 2.0 or less difference from the attacker and target or the value automatically becomes 1.

It is the absolute value function that makes the answer always be non-negative. And you're almost right, the equation will only hold true when the CL of the target is less than 2.0 higher than the CL of the attacker (when the difference is exactly 2.0, the result will be 0, meaning the damage will be 1). But in the cases for which the equation holds true, the absolute value signs are unneeded, because the result will already be positive.

You really need a system of equations to make it always be true, but since the point was to make it as non-mathy as possible, I won't go into that...

& thank you EmperorZensekai smile

lol your quest is more sane than mine

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
gataka
Thard_Verad
So the first of our guides has been published, eh? Looks good!
I hope people take a second look at this and congratulate Taylor and his Hive Crew. Reaching levels with CL 14.6 Animated is impressive enough without knowing the Shift equation. But when you realize that after 12.0, the players' attacks drop to 1, going all those extra waves is even more astounding. Viva la Reflect!
._O
Hadn't thought about that... Holy Carpet Bombing!

Oh. Wow. For some reason I just figured it didn't apply there...but then there would be no challenge... *is flabbergasted at the thought* ...Honestly, I think this has just broken my sleep-deprived brain... *gives full Texas curtsy in general direction of Taylor & Crew* Also, who was Taylor's crew? 'Cause I never hear about who he decimated things with, only that he did...
D'arvit, I just completely forgot what I was going to say...well, ten minutes later and I don't remember, but it was a *good* point, I'm sure...Oh! So this isn't what I was going to say, but question: when Improbability Sphere reflects damage, it reflects *all* the damage done in that attack, regardless of the CL difference between monster and player? Even at that large of a difference? (I'm sure I could find this elsewhere, but I thought I'd ask, since it relates)

EDIT: and my quest is only more sane because I'm not sure I have the patience to get to 1 mil, let alone 4...
I caught that AF reference.

More impressive when you realize they killed things 1 points by 1 point when Lightening bugs did freaking... 800 damage and shiz.

Crew was Taylor, Gerty, and Cat. ^_^
This is that thread, Kiyanga~

Yeah, after thinking about the formula and how long they survived doing that small amount of damage... I just facepalmed~
They were bored. *shrug* We kept them occupied in skype. *cough* /my role in the epic lack of life-ness

But uh, Taylor said soloing EB by reflection was a worse.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I still remember taking out a Mr. Fluff with reflection. We were all so surprised. xp

OMFG Taylor's Significant Otter

9,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
*bows*
And yeah, reflection with EB looked MUCH worse than the hive run. Basically all he did was stand and heal xD Hive run was still pretty boring though ;o;
Red: 8 hours on skype with them? XD;

Well, I would assume soloing EB by reflection is worse because of the simple factor that he's alone~ Not only that, but EB's health is far higher, and thus things happen a lot slower too~

Back on topic: I think there needs to be a poll to see what kinds of people visit this thread >>

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Fr33d0m4ever
Back on topic: I think there needs to be a poll to see what kinds of people visit this thread >>
o.O

To what end?
Yeah. I kinda have no life.

On topic: Actually... I gotta say, much as it's nice to know the inner-mathematical-workings of zOMG! I have absolutely no use for any of the info in here. Idk-- I mean-- what am I gonna use it for, lol?
Val: I honestly don't know; I thought about it and there's too much to put into one poll >.<;

It was an idea to fulfill a personal curiosity as well~

Edit:

Red: ...

...Things~

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
HotRed_Streak
They were bored. *shrug* We kept them occupied in skype. *cough* /my role in the epic lack of life-ness

But uh, Taylor said soloing EB by reflection was a worse.

somebody really soloed EB? User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
HotRed_Streak
Yeah. I kinda have no life.

On topic: Actually... I gotta say, much as it's nice to know the inner-mathematical-workings of zOMG! I have absolutely no use for any of the info in here. Idk-- I mean-- what am I gonna use it for, lol?
You can use it to work out how fast your team mates are going to get their butts whoped should you be taken out.

=P

Would make a grand incentive, no?

@Freedom: Curiosity killed the cat.
>.> Really Val? Really? You expect me to take all their rings stats, the animated HP, the stamina costs, blahblahblah, and calculate this in the twenty seconds it takes for the battle to finish either way?

Practically speaking, what's the use of this information, lol? I mean-- general rings stats are good to know for strategy's sake. But-- generally speaking, I'm fighting stuff that cons green, and I know about how much damage I will do. And if it's blue, I understand I do more damage and take less. And if it's yellow, I understand I do less damage and take more. Basically... this information just validates that?

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
Oh...yeah, forget the lack of damage being done, I couldn't sit there for 9 hours...I crewed with Cat & someone else whose name was two words, the first one started with an 'H' & the second one started with an 'A' (I think?), a couple days ago on my mule...they both had voip and missed crewing with you Red...apparently we don't compare to you in buffing speed skills (or speed buffs skills) xd It was fun, but I wish I'd known just *how much* they like mobbing things...I'd have brought my fire rain and wish.

I still can't get over those numbers...1 damage plus lightning bugs were healing & attacking...that's crazy...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff