Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Streaker

Valheita
Jane Fallen Angel
Erynne
*shrinks from all the math* gonk

Hehe. Sadly, I like math. Although that's subject to change when I take Calculus and Vectors next year.
Vectors are pretty cool, differentials are.. not so much.

Question: Did you or your team use functions/calculus to figure out the formula? To many whom I've asked, they said they had never used functions/calculus after uni.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
First of all--holy crap, how'd you come up with that formula? I can't come up with formulas to save my life. D<

But anyway, I like this short guide a lot. <3

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
From what I understand, gataka dumped a whole bunch of information in Excel, then stared at it till the pattern jumped out at him xd

We don't do anything nearly as exhilarating as Uni level math.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I wish my brain could do the same--being able to have a math equaton jump out at me. gonk

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
I've done pattern matching before by guesswork, nothing as grand as this one though :3

You should have seen the equation before Thard neatened the algebra though. That was terrifying.

PlumpGerty's Significant Otter

Good stuff, of course. I'm sure most gaians won't mess around with the equation, so it's nice that you included the easy/hard data xD.

I'm curious to know which instances actually feature animated with modified base stats on hard mode...

Jane Fallen Angel
Valheita
Hmm. That'd be interesting

But that's not our next project. We're doing a boss, or an Animated guide. We haven't decided yet. >.<;; Anyway yeah, we're collecting data about Animated.

@iTamako: Madness? This. is. Math clas- *shot*

I'm contemplating making a highscore booty grab guide, but I'm not sure if there is any out there already. =P I want to contribute to gaia somehow. Gud Luck on whichever guide you are doing next. I always find your discoveries kind of fascinating.
User Image

*0* /random bragging sharing.

Actually, you need to talk to this guy:

User Image

Soo epic...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
OMFG Taylor
Good stuff, of course. I'm sure most gaians won't mess around with the equation, so it's nice that you included the easy/hard data xD.

I'm curious to know which instances actually feature animated with modified base stats on hard mode...
I wouldn't expect any instance has animated with any stats modified, except for the normal scaling.
Thanks biggrin

now i know how do equations XD

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info smile

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Yay for math!
You explained it very well, Valheita. Makes perfect sense to a guy that's used to calculating the probability of capturing a Pokemon.
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy237/h3luckynoob/pokemonmath.jpg

These equations will come in handy when I consider the efficiency of rings I use to badge farm.

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Holy crap that's a lot of math. O-o
But thank you, this will help me a lot. *starts calculating on a piece of paper*

Fashionable Genius

Yay!
This is pretty awesome.
Thanks for taking the time. heart

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Good to help guys ^^
Oh awesome, now I can test what I can one hit, unsuppressed, without actually going out and doing it. blaugh

Question(s); Will you be adding this handy little equation to your main guide? Also, while it is fairly insignificant, you wouldn't happen to know how to calculate the damage while you are lower than your enemy would you?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
SolarInvictus
Oh awesome, now I can test what I can one hit, unsuppressed, without actually going out and doing it. blaugh

Question(s); Will you be adding this handy little equation to your main guide? Also, while it is fairly insignificant, you wouldn't happen to know how to calculate the damage while you are lower than your enemy would you?
This equation functions whether you're stronger or weaker than the enemy ^^

It also works for calculating how much the enemy does to you, just reverse where the Player C.L and the Enemy C.L. goes :3

As for the guide, I've already got it linking to here, that's probably about as far as it'll go though. I plan to make a series of Mini-Guides which will all be linked to from the Main Guide.

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
wait what about critical hits, (is that just on the high range of the scale)
*feels slow after looking at the math* x-X

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces