Huh? 0.088709677419355 8.9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 124 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Considering how much people flock to Jack and how they break the layers capacity I would say, no.
Adding more layers or servers to displace the volume of people would be tricky since, as I said, people flock to a sighting on Jack.
That and with the introduction of more servers/layers equals more chances of Jack appearing throughout causing a rather unbalanced mix of people so one or all sides would face the lack of needed people to take on Jack.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I_SlenderMan_I
Considering how much people flock to Jack and how they break the layers capacity I would say, no.
Adding more layers or servers to displace the volume of people would be tricky since, as I said, people flock to a sighting on Jack.
That and with the introduction of more servers/layers equals more chances of Jack appearing throughout causing a rather unbalanced mix of people so one or all sides would face the lack of needed people to take on Jack.

We did it in 2010 with 3 servers just fine.
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I

Yes but weren't there people though complaining about the lag and layer issues? confused

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I

Yes but weren't there people though complaining about the lag and layer issues? confused

People complain about the lag and layer issues no matter whether we have 2 or 3 servers, events or not.
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I

People complain about the lag and layer issues no matter whether we have 2 or 3 servers, events or not.

Yes but with events, it would make sense that more people come out and flood the servers and layers.
Then again if they avoided the events because of the lag someone else could share that same thought and stay away too?

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I

Yes but with events, it would make sense that more people come out and flood the servers and layers.
Then again if they avoided the events because of the lag someone else could share that same thought and stay away too?

Trying to cater to the minority that complains no matter what happens is never a good direction to go in.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
I have already made my mark on that thread. pirate pirate

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I
Owlie
I_SlenderMan_I

I look at it this way, If people dont like the event becuase of the "event lag" then they shouldnt get on, They should NOT however try and ruin it for those of us that DO like the events and will put up with the lag to collect loot for recipes from the past events smile

Malevolent Tycoon

Dear Owlie,
Why don't you ever plot to take over Gaia H.Q.?
From,
Tyrant Vankenshu

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Tyrant Vankenshu
Dear Owlie,
Why don't you ever plot to take over Gaia H.Q.?
From,
Tyrant Vankenshu

Because I don't want to run a giant corporation. sweatdrop

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I suggest the act of "flooding".
As in, next ATA, gather a bunch of friends (around 20-50) and constantly post zOMG Halloween related requests and questions, blocking all other questions and feedback and getting them lost in the storm of requests of a similar nature.

It leaves an unsatisfactory taste in the admins mouths but leaves an impression of the importance of the issue.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Pirate Captain Sushi
As in, next ATA, gather a bunch of friends (around 20-50) and constantly post zOMG Halloween related requests and questions, blocking all other questions and feedback and getting them lost in the storm of requests of a similar nature.

It leaves an unsatisfactory taste in the admins mouths but leaves an impression of the importance of the issue.

I've been thinking about doing something like that. I don't know how effective it would be but at least they would realize we really want it.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Owlie
Pirate Captain Sushi

I've been thinking about doing something like that. I don't know how effective it would be but at least they would realize we really want it.

It pisses them off.
When E CORP did it to bring EB back, it caused Pan to pitch a fit and leave his computer.
We got the Easter Bunny back that year though.

A warning for flooding: They'll start to overlook the questions or ignore questions asked and pick them apart. Hiding a "slightly relevant but unrelated" question in there allows them to skimp around it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff