Huh? 0.088709677419355 8.9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 124 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Blessed Wife

Well, I haven't asked them so maybe that's why cool

Familiar Lunatic

Owlie

Thanks for the info.

I somehow don't see Towns 2 becoming very popular, though. We've had hangouts for sponsors before, even if the execution is different, and none of them "stick".
Neither do I... but the data said otherwise x D

Bah! We'll see soon enough x P

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
gataka
Owlie

Thanks for the info.

I somehow don't see Towns 2 becoming very popular, though. We've had hangouts for sponsors before, even if the execution is different, and none of them "stick".
Neither do I... but the data said otherwise x D

Bah! We'll see soon enough x P

I think how well an area "sticks" is likely pretty closely matched with "how much free stuff you give peeps". The short term "go here, do something, collect stuff" do well, until everyone's had their shot and bails.

I'm not sure what they're hoping for though. The Rejected Olympics were run using the T2 engine (AAAAH SKYNET!!!), and there was a pretty hefty incentive to stay in the "Towns" area (circulate between games etc.)... but in practice it all seemed to wind up with huge crowds in the game of the Day, empty rooms in the earlier ones, and a vacant Towns setup with people running from login point to the game of choice.

Now if they'd just had crap attacking them and people defending them with some sort of player-vs-monster combat system in place... hmmmmm.....

Hallowed Prophet

I'm thinking that if they do end up recycling it (highly unlikely), they won't tell us until literally a day before, maybe the day of. They wouldn't want to get our hopes up in any case; can you imagine the bawwfest if they hinted at a possibility and then pulled out?

I'm really hoping that it does get recycled.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
If they're still saying no, then the answer IS no. I really think the mods are tired of getting questions related to zOMG.

There, I said it. Think rationally, people!

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
TigerLilyChick
If they're still saying no, then the answer IS no. I really think the mods are tired of getting questions related to zOMG.

There, I said it. Think rationally, people!

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop asking.

You're free to give up if you would like.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
I need some jack cause need to get back the gold I spent for the blood stone amulet which is now useless..

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
We need Jack! The Halloween event won't be as fun without him! The event in the forums is okay and the trick or treat in the shops/towns can get boring after a while! Jack spices things up because we actually get to team up and kick a** on Halloween. And I don't care that the mods said no! They better recycle him!

Newbie Noob

Cyrus Lurch

I have a suspicion that they look at Towns and see the cliques and fetish groups that populate it, and say "Ah, an audience we can sell to sponsors". I'm guessing that Towns 2.0 is going to be mostly upgraded in sponsor-friendly information gathering and seamless campaign integration more than anything else.

arrgh, ikr? I can see gaia pawning their community off to the *insert sponsor* ad campaigns and selling it back to gaians as an achievement if we do 1000 long jumps with our avi's in Towns 2.0 just to get an "insert sponsor" item to hold/wear. xP. Nuuuuuu, that's not cool. I want jack 2012. christmas 2012, easter 2013, ... (you know what i'm saying) ...lol emotion_dowant and then the "sponsored item"... lulz.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image
just something from the 2010 event
and too bad you can't post in the old thread anymore

MisterPeon's Waifu

Amateur Saint

20,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Divorux
User Image
just something from the 2010 event
and too bad you can't post in the old thread anymore

lol, nice picture, how did you get that?
I love how all other avi is blank~ it must be really bad lag there. o u o

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

Honestly, I don't think they'll change their minds unless a good chunk of Gaia asked for it. 1000, large as that number is, is nowhere close to that. Make it around 15K or more.

It's the indifference of the masses that kills us. gonk

But we can still fight the good fight. Until then, do you know if there's a private movement going on for user-run Halloween-based events?

I want to see this forum spammed with Halloween-based threads for this or that.
The events is the only thing that brings me back to Gaia, DMS never got my attention and never will and i have not stepped into towns in a good 2 years. I do hope they change their minds even if it's in November anything is better than nothing.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
He Has Fought Too Many Battles To Count....

They require over 10,000 votes before they will think about actually, maybe doing the event, if they feel like it. emotion_awesome

Honestly, Our thread in the spring cleaning forum asking for a new dev for zOMG got over 5000 votes, and it was I believe the second (Or most) voted on thread there. And they decided to get rid of our Devs altogether. emotion_donotwant

I somehow feel if we really want this, we'll have to work hard to get noticed. sweatdrop

....The Souless Angel Fights On, Forever More.

Dangerous Lunatic

florzz

jack spawned in the wrong place during the Halloween 2010 event and everyone is blank because i had to block all avatars due to the lag

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff