18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG
I might be able to change their minds. wink

In all seriousness though, I do hope they recycle the event. It can't be that hard, otherwise they wouldn't of recycled the Easter event, would they have?

From what I remember, [ JK ] learned enough about the code to recycle the easter event himself even though he's an artist.

So, in theory, it shouldn't be that hard, we just need someone to do the work.

Exactly. It shouldn't be too much different from the concept for the Easter event....

It was actually modeled on the easter event exactly. xd

It's getting someone to actually update the game with the extra content, I don't know how many hours it would take since I'm not a programmer.
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG

In all seriousness though, I do hope they recycle the event. It can't be that hard, otherwise they wouldn't of recycled the Easter event, would they have?

From what I remember, [ JK ] learned enough about the code to recycle the easter event himself even though he's an artist.

Exactly. It shouldn't be too much different from the concept for the Easter event....

It's getting someone to actually update the game with the extra content, I don't know how many hours it would take since I'm not a programmer.

Really? eek
WELL THEN
Shouldnt be too hard then I suppose. Maybe someone could ask JK

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG

Really? eek
WELL THEN

I PMed him in late September but he hasn't read it yet. emo
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG
Owlie
Marshall of zOMG

Really? eek
WELL THEN

I PMed him in late September but he hasn't read it yet. emo

crying
I'm pretty sure someone has another way to contact him. THEY MUST emotion_0A0 or we can try to stalk his facebook or something and see if he still goes on it. emotion_awesome
Only joking. but ya know, if ya want it I has it.

Familiar Lunatic

Owlie
Only Gray
1 trillion.

GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!

Keep talking to them about the powerups making them lots of gc.

They might give in.

Maybe even a trillion and one.

I don't understand how Towns is making money... and apparently enough to invest in development, too.
Here's part of the answer:
codemonkey37179

One of the goals of towns 2.0 is to include sponsorship areas or to have a sponsor rent out a space, such if we have a convention hall or fairgrounds. Once we have a beta version of towns and need some feedback, I think we will be putting it in labs.

So yeah sponsorz.

But the real value of a virtual world, in a srs bzns sense, is how impossibly sticky they are and stuff.

Plus we don't know all their plans yet, they've hinted at much more than T1, and you could say "selling premium House stuff" counts as Town money.

ANYWAY, Gaia isn't quite a vworld and really always wanted to be one.

Tried twice: Town and zOMG!...they both feel more like natural extensions compared to the random asides like other games... neither quite succeeded...integration...bugs ahoy... blablabla...

"We don't plan to create another MMO style game on Gaia. Long term we do want Towns 2 to be an integrated site experience but not quite like an MMO." Narumi Misuhara

Town is much easier to support, or at least will be, and proved more succesful (like still had more active players even when it was glitch and stuff ladden than zOMG! if I recall correctly)

So Town gets another go.

Aye, what concerns me is that it'll be much harder to convince them of further developing/z!2.0 because of the overlap I've mentioned. Best bet would be to z!-fy Town some way... still thinking about it.

Anyway, that's the very short version x P

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
It's really sad D:

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
gataka

Aye, what concerns me is that it'll be much harder to convince them of further developing/z!2.0 because of the overlap I've mentioned. Best bet would be to z!-fy Town some way... still thinking about it.

Ah, that would be AWESOME.

After years of neglect and Furry Sex Camp BanFests, Towns II suddenly starts seeing Animated pop up and smack them around... and where do they turn...?

Familiar Lunatic

Cyrus Lurch
gataka

After years of neglect and Furry Sex Camp BanFests, Towns II suddenly starts seeing Animated pop up and smack them around... and where do they turn...?
Marshall?

edit: no wait derpah anyway...

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
gataka
Cyrus Lurch
gataka

Marshall?
crying

OK, maybe that's not such a good plan.

"Hey, I got mod slapped for sexting that hot fox chick that's probably a guy. Now this weirdo in a diving suit is glued to my butt. HAAAALP!"

Hold on, that might work after all...

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
azphyxxxiate
sadly, i think everyone else is right. gaia doesnt care about us T-T //waits for zomg to be removed completely

They've already said they won't completely remove zomg
Not until the players are so little for a certain amount of
Time.
They said they just will never majorly update it.

Familiar Lunatic

Cyrus Lurch
crying

"Hey, I got mod slapped for sexting that hot fox chick that's probably a guy. Now this weirdo in a diving suit is glued to my butt. HAAAALP!"

...you're right.

Not sure I want it to anymore >.<
Cyrus Lurch
gataka
Cyrus Lurch
gataka

Marshall?
crying

emotion_dowant

Familiar Lunatic

Marshall of zOMG

emotion_dowant
*looks at avatar*

...aren't you glued to your own butt? ._o
gataka
Marshall of zOMG

emotion_dowant
*looks at avatar*

...aren't you glued to your own butt? ._o

Maybe. User Image
Problem? emotion_awesome

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
gataka
Here's part of the answer:
codemonkey37179
One of the goals of towns 2.0 is to include sponsorship areas or to have a sponsor rent out a space, such if we have a convention hall or fairgrounds. Once we have a beta version of towns and need some feedback, I think we will be putting it in labs.

So yeah sponsorz.

But the real value of a virtual world, in a srs bzns sense, is how impossibly sticky they are and stuff.

Plus we don't know all their plans yet, they've hinted at much more than T1, and you could say "selling premium House stuff" counts as Town money.

ANYWAY, Gaia isn't quite a vworld and really always wanted to be one.

Tried twice: Town and zOMG!...they both feel more like natural extensions compared to the random asides like other games... neither quite succeeded...integration...bugs ahoy... blablabla...

"We don't plan to create another MMO style game on Gaia. Long term we do want Towns 2 to be an integrated site experience but not quite like an MMO." Narumi Misuhara

Town is much easier to support, or at least will be, and proved more succesful (like still had more active players even when it was glitch and stuff ladden than zOMG! if I recall correctly)

So Town gets another go.

Thanks for the info.

I somehow don't see Towns 2 becoming very popular, though. We've had hangouts for sponsors before, even if the execution is different, and none of them "stick".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff