Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Allow limited ability to ignore defense on enemies.
Enemies don't have defense >.<;

They probably should, but they don't.

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Yar, they should.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Odd, I thought they did as certain enemies take less damage than their contemporaries. Then I can think of something else but do you at least like the idea in theory? I figured it was something a lot of people could agree on.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Odd, I thought they did as certain enemies take less damage than their contemporaries. Then I can think of something else but do you at least like the idea in theory? I figured it was something a lot of people could agree on.
Aye, armour piercing is a sound ability. One that should be implemented alongside the armour needed to make it work.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
*facepalm* I gave an idea for Adrenaline too...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Oh sorry, in the context of the sub-discussion I figured I should only comment on that part of knife-sharpen.

Adrenaline... I'd rather see it as a sudden restoration of stamina, or a stamina-cost-reduction type effect. I like the neat percentage thing Stamina has going on.

Familiar Lunatic

All those Cooldown or Stamina cost reduction ideas scare me. These could easily unbalance things up in an ugly way. Faster cooldown at increased cost or the reverse might do it, thought. Need to check the Math on that.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
All those Cooldown or Stamina cost reduction ideas scare me. These could easily unbalance things up in an ugly way. Faster cooldown at increased cost or the reverse might do it, thought. Need to check the Math on that.
Could work. Adrenaline increases the cooldown but drops the cost, Panic could increase the cost but drop the cooldown...
Valheita
Disagreed Lob. Controllers are useless because their rings are (in general) pretty bad.

Remember that we all have 8 ring slots in the game. Because of this Adrenaline and Knife Sharpen are only a small aspect of what a controller does. Controllers in general would also make great use of CC rings while the two debuffs helping generate Rage and do additional damage. If you think that Scaredy Cat and Quick Sand are also useless then I doubt we'll be able to see eye to eye on this topic. This is doubly true if you insist that Keen Eye is useless; this ring is essential when farming at CL 5.0 or lower.

That said it would also be nice if Adrenaline and Knife Sharpen had an AOE radius that increased with higher Rage Rank.

Shirtless Trader

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
[ JK ]
Valheita
Disagreed Lob. Controllers are useless because their rings are (in general) pretty bad.

After all, unless they've changed since last tested, their magnitude is about that of the complementary buff ring, except it affects only 1 enemy for only 45 seconds, rather than "all enemies" for 15 minutes.

Buffer vs Controller.. The controller is just going to be wasting stamina. And normally, as far as buffs go, Keen Aye and Ghost are still far from the first to be included in a team... so you're wasting stamina on something that's really not all that major in a battle.

I think the debuffs should be changed to really give you some bang for your stamina. Maybe make the duration comparable to the cooldown, and make them seriously nerf the enemy. A ~10% crit rate, or a 40-50% miss rate. Something flashy.

I've been following your other thread in regards to individuality in zOMG and you make some valid points there as well. Anyway, in general I would agree that the debuffs in zOMG are weak and not very useful.. this is just my opinion btw... I'm not representing the whole dev team here.

I actually preferred the way adrenaline use to work. I find it odd that it's an offensive ring now. Not to mention that that ring animation was not designed for its current purpose, and this really bothered me when they made changes like that (this also includes knife sharpen.. that ring animation was not intended for its current use as well). We should make new rings if we want more offensive/attack rings and not modify what we had initially designed. I understand that we're short on resources and that they felt it was necessary to make certain game balances, but I didn't agree to this approach.

I've brought up these ring discussions again with the rest of the dev team, and I'm hoping that we can address all of these issues soon.
While you're at it, do you think you can have a look at Turtle?

Because as much hate as Adrenaline gets, Turtle probably has it a lot worse. Mostly because you cannot use it for a long time after it's first use, with an effect that doesn't really last all that long. Also, shouldn't Fitness increase footspeed a bit too?
i think adrenaline is the weakest ring
Quote:
6. It has a retarded animation. Oh hey, let's throw gold sparklies at the animated, and maybe all the glitter will distract them and we'll be able to hit them easier! Like, OMG! Oh looook! Glitter!

Maybe the animated are Twilight fans?

That could be another useless ring. "EDWARDIAN ATTACK, GOOOO!"

-Edwardian attack only effective on Gramsters-

confused
The Marketplace
[ JK ]
Valheita

After all, unless they've changed since last tested, their magnitude is about that of the complementary buff ring, except it affects only 1 enemy for only 45 seconds, rather than "all enemies" for 15 minutes.

Buffer vs Controller.. The controller is just going to be wasting stamina. And normally, as far as buffs go, Keen Aye and Ghost are still far from the first to be included in a team... so you're wasting stamina on something that's really not all that major in a battle.

I think the debuffs should be changed to really give you some bang for your stamina. Maybe make the duration comparable to the cooldown, and make them seriously nerf the enemy. A ~10% crit rate, or a 40-50% miss rate. Something flashy.

I've been following your other thread in regards to individuality in zOMG and you make some valid points there as well. Anyway, in general I would agree that the debuffs in zOMG are weak and not very useful.. this is just my opinion btw... I'm not representing the whole dev team here.

I actually preferred the way adrenaline use to work. I find it odd that it's an offensive ring now. Not to mention that that ring animation was not designed for its current purpose, and this really bothered me when they made changes like that (this also includes knife sharpen.. that ring animation was not intended for its current use as well). We should make new rings if we want more offensive/attack rings and not modify what we had initially designed. I understand that we're short on resources and that they felt it was necessary to make certain game balances, but I didn't agree to this approach.

I've brought up these ring discussions again with the rest of the dev team, and I'm hoping that we can address all of these issues soon.
While you're at it, do you think you can have a look at Turtle?

Because as much hate as Adrenaline gets, Turtle probably has it a lot worse. Mostly because you cannot use it for a long time after it's first use, with an effect that doesn't really last all that long. Also, shouldn't Fitness increase footspeed a bit too?

I used to love turtle ring with ninja set (that's why I call it Ninja turtle combo) but not anymore... I missed the old days but oh well, welcome to beta world pirate

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
[ JK ]
Never said that adrenaline was useful... you must have misunderstood me. I find that ring useless atm, including taunt ring.

o_o I swear I saw something like that when I was talking about adrenaline in the chat. Maybe you were talking about another ring, then?

Of course, that part of the transcript seems to be missing, so I can't confirm it.

Edit: Actually, I believe it was said that adrenaline wasn't useless as I claimed.

However, with the way it is, as you agreed with others in this thread, it isn't th best ring atm since it' offensive. o-O

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
Oh sorry, in the context of the sub-discussion I figured I should only comment on that part of knife-sharpen.

Adrenaline... I'd rather see it as a sudden restoration of stamina, or a stamina-cost-reduction type effect. I like the neat percentage thing Stamina has going on.

Eh, I never felt the 100% thing despite the number 100 being used so I don't share your sacrosanct view of it since our health started at 100 and went up...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff