Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apparently I (and several other people) misunderstood JK. So much talk going on at once during Dev Chat.

[ JK ]
Never said that adrenaline was useful... you must have misunderstood me. I find that ring useless atm, including taunt ring.

Adrenaline is great in theory. It should stamina by reducing the number or attacks you must make, and therefore reducing time, which reduces damage, which reduces healing, which also reduces stamina.

BUT IT DOESN'T!

Adrenaline has a (relatively) long cooldown (let's ignore Turtle for the moment) for what it does. This means in practice, I hit one animated with it, and everything else on the screen is dead before I get a chance to hit anything else. Instead of wasting my 6 stamina on Adrenaline, which does about 40 damage at rr1, CL 10.0, I could have used Mantis 2 or 3 times (in the SAME TIME PERIOD), and done 180-270 damage. Now, the argument is that Adrenaline will save stamina by causing less misses, and increase crits, so you end up doing more damage with it.

Problem? Testing shows ZERO variation between no Adrenaline and rr1-rr4 Adrenaline for misses and crits. Furthermore, with rr4 Keen Eye, you really don't see many misses at all, and you get plenty of crits. rr4 Keen lasts 15 minutes and is applied to every crew member. It's like having Adrenaline on every animated for 15 minutes, in essence. Only better. Because it doesn't waste your stamina or a ring slot to do it.

Besides that, there is the content of my original post:

Right, so I have compiled a list of everything wrong with Adrenaline because I really really hate it this forum needs more discussion:

Quote:
OMG ADRENALINE IS TERRIBLE!!!! *coughTHISWILLBEARANTcough*

People swear it does something. Oh-- they say-- you will get more crits and less misses and even do a little damage! And look, it gives the medics footspeed bonuses!

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!

1. Footspeed bonus is retarded. Honestly why? (except for maybe DC and Grukens-- but that's beside the point) When you're actually playing, bring freaking Coyote for your whole crew + a luck boost. If you really need to run away from a battle to save your butt, you got bigger issues-- like maybe an epic lagshark, poor players, or an oshitwe'renotgoingtomakeit moment that sometimes occurs when you miscommunicate (in which case... you're screwed, daze, get over it, try again).

2. More crits and less misses? Yeah... NO. If you really want some of those, bring Keen Eye for the whole freaking crew (though honestly you won't see as big results unless you're sweeping/AoEing). It lasts 15 minutes instead of the 15 seconds it takes to kill 1 animated, and doesn't cost you ridiculous stamina for NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER! *grumblegrumble* Adrenaline doesn't make any difference on crits and misses. For reals.

3. Damage? WTF? No sure, if you want to be pwnsome and solo EB after the rest of your crew dazes, 26 damage at a time... DO YOU HONESTLY HAVE SIX HOURS? 'cause trust me it will take that long. It has a ridiculous cooldown too! Why? Idk! It's not even AoE! You won't be able to even hit half the animated with it before your crew wipes them out!

4. There are sooooo many better rings you could bring! Besides Keen Eye, or Coyote-- you could bring Meat, to keep your sorry medic butt alive (or your butt alive when your sorry crew won't help you), or you could just haul an extra buff along (so many of those) to help keep your crew alive, or you could just haul a freaking attack! Because unless you're getting a couple of crits per animated, you would do better with Mantis, or something similar with high damage per stamina costs.

5. It sucks.

6. It has a retarded animation. Oh hey, let's throw gold sparklies at the animated, and maybe all the glitter will distract them and we'll be able to hit them easier! Like, OMG! Oh looook! Glitter!

7. It was useless when it was a freaking buff-- you would have thought the ring rebalancing would have changed it-- but no! Devs probably hate it too then! EDIT: THEY DO!

[ JK ]
Never said that adrenaline was useful... you must have misunderstood me. I find that ring useless atm, including taunt ring.

8. That ring could have been something much more epic-- instead of wasting one of the 1/40 ring slots. Think of the possibilities!

9. I hate it.

10. God hates it.

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY!!!!?????

Yes, I have a huge personal vendetta against Adrenaline. Can you tell maybe?

Now-- tell me if I missed any reasons to hate Adrenaline, and discuss what it should be changed to.

Relentless Glitch

I can't seem to find a counterargument.
You missed:
11. I hate it.
I don't think there's room for discussion here, HotRed. It's all pretty much true~

You can almost say the same things about knife sharpen in this case, yes?
I think the adrenaline system is outdated. The monsters don't have it and can attack infinitely without getting tired. Seems a bit unfair compared to the supposed balance update.

The game can be challenging, yes. But i think it should also be smooth and streamlined.

/gamecritic

Edit: I guess i read it wrong.
Well, I guess...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Shiversalt
I think the adrenaline system is outdated. The monsters don't have it and can attack infinitely without getting tired. Seems a bit unfair compared to the supposed balance update.

The game can be challenging, yes. But i think it should also be smooth and streamlined.

/gamecritic
xd That's the Stamina system. Adrenaline is a ring.

@OP: I see your arguments, and raise you Swarf's counter argument:

Paraphrased rip-off of Swarfs Post
Adrenalines magnitude is small because it provides the benefit to everyone hitting the target rather than just yourself

'course... It's kinda not true now since Keen Aye is AoE.

What they need is either:

1) Make it nerf HARD.
2) Make it do something else.
Valheita
Shiversalt

/gamecritic
xd That's the Stamina system. Adrenaline is a ring.

But basically it says (that i forgot to add) that i think the adrenalin ring should be removed and replaced with something more useful. Like, for example. A shoop da whoop ring.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Shiversalt
But basically it says (that i forgot to add) that i think the adrenalin ring should be removed and replaced with something more useful. Like, for example. A shoop da whoop ring.
T'would annoy those who have it unfortunately. There's only so much of a change that can be made.

My own suggestion that I've made about Adrenaline is it becomes a stamina healing ring.
Valheita
Shiversalt
T'would annoy those who have it unfortunately. There's only so much of a change that can be made.

My own suggestion that I've made about Adrenaline is it becomes a stamina healing ring.

Yes. It should heal stamina like bandage heals hp.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Shiversalt
Valheita
Shiversalt

Yes. It should heal stamina like bandage heals hp.
I was thinking more along the lines of Wish. A single burst to an ally.

Though.. Bandage might work.

Dangerous Genius

Reason number 1 to use Adrenaline: Seeing how many people will try to tell you off for using Adrenaline.

Hm... counter-thought to stamina healing. Temporary zero-stamina-cost (5s/8/12/15) but long recharge. Maybe? Or maybe I need to keep trying.
Lol CH0Z0: i heart u

So... besides Val's stamina idea, does anyone have any other really inspired ideas?

I was actually thinking-- what if Adrenaline went back to being a crew ring-- and by using it on others you put them in this Adrenaline-raging mode where all damage intake is "frozen" for a set time.

So like... for example-- if someone was taking huge amounts of damage, you could "freeze" their damage intake so they could have time to either heal or wreak havoc. Then when Adrenaline runs out, all that damage hits them at once.

BUT! It would be so useful to a healer, because we all know how frustrating it is when we can't keep up with someone's damage intake, and they can't get rid of stamina fast enough, and it's freaking annoying, because you're basically throwing stamina out the door when they daze. That way, they can get out their last few attacks and daze AFTER they kill things.

In a way, it would be like the old Turtle, I guess, only it would simply delay damage, not prevent it/heal it. And I think it would aid and abet my Defib sweeping strategy, lol.
But...but...I love it...
l Black Shadow l
But...but...I love it...

gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff