Welcome to Gaia! ::

What, now that Qixter's going AWOL, you're replacing him with an NPC?

gonk

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Voter 0
so no night fright skin?

spunglass's Fav

Hostile Genius

Lolness I already miss Qixter's announcement posts >_>"
did it have to be Leon? ._.;;
Just in time too...I just finished getting my badges. Now, I have to spend my time in the marketplace getting loot for these new recipes.
[Kohta]
did it have to be Leon? ._.;;
OKAY EVRYONE LEON IS NOT TAKING OVER... IT'S THE ADMINS... HAVE YOU EVEN READ QIX'S ANNOUNCMENT?

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
o_O Yay my loot items will probably start selling expensively soon ^_^ especially those pellets.

However.

NIGHT FRIGHT SKIN scream ? whee

Buggy Survivor

15,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Invisibility 100
so leon you are taking over for Q?

Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I wonder how many of you have even considered that maybe they're expecting you to post your reaction to Leon doing the announcements in comparison to Qixter.... all hail subtle feedback setups!

But seriously, they better not make it an NPC. NPC's are restricted, by design, to a set personality. They'd have to regulate what the NPC says more than they would for an actual post. (For those that missed the careful wording; no I don't think an NPC actually made this post.) We need a person to point as a symbol for our zOMG Dev's. I'm not saying we need a new Qixter (though I do sort of miss him). What we need is simply not an NPC. A majority of Gaians and zOMGaians already feel like the staff and dev's aren't interactive enough in the community.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I don't blame the other devs for bowing out of doing the announcement post. Just think about all the extra stress involved! Safe way to do is for them it to have a NPC take the brun of the "Love" we showeredd on Qixter! wink

If not Leon, who would you rather have?

Fluffy Lover

Sheltari
I wonder how many of you have even considered that maybe they're expecting you to post your reaction to Leon doing the announcements in comparison to Qixter.... all hail subtle feedback setups!

But seriously, they better not make it an NPC. NPC's are restricted, by design, to a set personality. They'd have to regulate what the NPC says more than they would for an actual post. (For those that missed the careful wording; no I don't think an NPC actually made this post.) We need a person to point as a symbol for our zOMG Dev's. I'm not saying we need a new Qixter (though I do sort of miss him). What we need is simply not an NPC. A majority of Gaians and zOMGaians already feel like the staff and dev's aren't interactive enough in the community.

I dunno. It seems like Qixter at times got hassled and maybe even verbally harassed by people trying to get his attention to X problem or opinion about the game (there are as many immature as mature people going through these forums...). Qixter was willing to take the burn from a lot of users but I don't know if others would be willing to put themselves up to that kind of user response at the moment.

I also don't think an NPC (or someone with the NPC's persona wholly in mind) made this post. Leon's character probably knows next to nothing about server updates so it's a bit out of character (and time, place....his reality) for him.

Anyway, since zomg is open beta it kinda makes sense that it'd be more advantageous for them to have the devs more interactive with the forum community, than using an NPC to do the talking (i mean, how much can you really get across to users using an NPC? people seem more serious about giving feedback if it's to an actual 'person' than a character figure, IMO). I wonder what the rationale was behind using Leon's character to keep us updated, even if it was a trivial reason.

Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Elazar
I dunno. It seems like Qixter at times got hassled and maybe even verbally harassed by people trying to get his attention to X problem or opinion about the game (there are as many immature as mature people going through these forums...). Qixter was willing to take the burn from a lot of users but I don't know if others would be willing to put themselves up to that kind of user response at the moment.

I also don't think an NPC (or someone with the NPC's persona wholly in mind) made this post. Leon's character probably knows next to nothing about server updates so it's a bit out of character (and time, place....his reality) for him.

Anyway, since zomg is open beta it kinda makes sense that it'd be more advantageous for them to have the devs more interactive with the forum community, than using an NPC to do the talking (i mean, how much can you really get across to users using an NPC? people seem more serious about giving feedback if it's to an actual 'person' than a character figure, IMO). I wonder what the rationale was behind using Leon's character to keep us updated, even if it was a trivial reason.
Yeah, it's a shame. Whatever happened, it's sad seeing Qixter go.

If you read what I said again, you would note I didn't say anything about Leon (or the person(s) responsible for Leon's personality) having made the post other than in that first statement. I was simply elaborating that we had better not have an NPC doing these sorts of things for more than a temporary period.

Agreed. They may have done it for a few rational reasons, though.
1 - They don't want anyone to take the heat from die-hard Qixter fans yet. Remember, Qix isn't even quite out of the picture yet. People still need some cooldown time.
2 - They don't want to get our hopes/ideas set on that new person being the new symbol of zOMG Dev's.
3 - They might be planning to use a series of NPC's, then gauge our reactions to them in order to pick some one with a personality that we respond better to.

Distinct Noob

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
yo llegue a ser 4.0 y nunca habian arreglado las vacas jajajajajaja bueno creo que ahora si ordeƱare jajajajaja que LOL XD heart
But.... what about the Night Fright Skin?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff