Welcome to Gaia! ::

I fought Jack.

I got the pumpkin symbol where my icons for Meat, Improbability Sphere, etc goes.

I was always targeting Jack and using number keys to select rings.

I saw his hit points go to zero.

I lost my connection to the server and got nada - zip.

You explain that the problem is that when Jack spawns, people are jumping to that server.

Why not shut that option completely off? When I want to change servers because the one I am on is being so very glitchy, I see that message that I am logged into another server. So obviously there is tracking.

So some of us get screwed, and others reap HUGE benefits for killing Jack.

Sorry, but even if this is a "beta", what I see from where I stand is that you have explained the problem where a solution is simply to shut certain people down (the "professional" Jack hunters) but refuse to do it -- *THAT* is *not* an acceptable answer.

crying

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i'm glad someone came forward to explain the issues with the event. my personal horror story: i was farming pumpkins on village greens, jack appeared, took him down about half health, he killed me, then the lag was so bad the null chamber never loaded, even after 10 minutes. by the time i reloaded gaia i had been booted from that layer. absolutely ridiculous.

Feline Shapeshifter

10,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
We all know that you won't update the game again. Who got the Jack badge and the pumpkin, got it and who not is not. That's all. Case Closed.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Thank you for telling us this JK smile

I get what you mean about the Otami Jack the lag is just impossible to do anything ill stay out of there atm got my badge on day 1 anyway.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
How long do we have until zOMG Halloween ends? I assume is until the 8th of November like the forum event, but sometimes zOMG has its own schedule and end things earlier/later. I haven't beaten Otami Jack, tried once but died and awakened so I am not sure if the glitch will affect me.
Gosh, I understand being angry but people swearing to quit zOMG? Unblieveble. I think you're doing a great job zOMG Team!

O.G. Nerd

While I was one of the lucky ones who did get the rewards after fighting Jack, the lag does get to be a pain in the tukkus while I'm trying to fluff farm.

While the event is buggy, keep doing what you're doing. I've enjoyed this event like you wouldn't believe.

Shameless Enabler

Jason Clearbrook
I fought Jack.

I got the pumpkin symbol where my icons for Meat, Improbability Sphere, etc goes.

I was always targeting Jack and using number keys to select rings.

I saw his hit points go to zero.

I lost my connection to the server and got nada - zip.

You explain that the problem is that when Jack spawns, people are jumping to that server.

Why not shut that option completely off? When I want to change servers because the one I am on is being so very glitchy, I see that message that I am logged into another server. So obviously there is tracking.

So some of us get screwed, and others reap HUGE benefits for killing Jack.

Sorry, but even if this is a "beta", what I see from where I stand is that you have explained the problem where a solution is simply to shut certain people down (the "professional" Jack hunters) but refuse to do it -- *THAT* is *not* an acceptable answer.

crying

There is still no technical fix for "Greedy" and "Stupid" people.
It's been a problem thats plagued techies since day one.

Original Survivor

Flux
How long do we have until zOMG Halloween ends? I assume is until the 8th of November like the forum event, but sometimes zOMG has its own schedule and end things earlier/later. I haven't beaten Otami Jack, tried once but died and awakened so I am not sure if the glitch will affect me.

Kuzuan told me it ends the 14th.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Lei_Trigar
Flux

That's plenty of time, thanks.

Malevolent Millionaire

8,925 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Lei_Trigar
Flux

That sounds rather ridiculous, even for this particular yearly event. >_>

Original Survivor

Flux
Lei_Trigar
Flux

That's plenty of time, thanks.

no problem, i managed to get the Otami Jack, but i'm more worried about whether or not i'll get 1k ghost kills... i guess i could start counting them... i really hope i get it. XD
I cant even get on to zOMG -_- it lets me pick the server, but it wont load after that
Thank you for keeping us informed, JK =)
(Also, it's really cool that you stand up to all the rage)

Ryxios
In response to everyone else, I disagree with stopping Otami Jack spawns. There are still people who have not gotten the badge. I haven't, simply because I don't want to put up with the lag right now. I do agree with whoever said that there should be a way implemented to keep people who have already gotten the badge from getting gold from Otami Jack. This would discourage the Otami hunters, and HOPEFULLY lessen the lag a bit. Otherwise, people are just going to continue fighting it for easy gold, and contribute to the horrendous lag that everyone has to deal with.

Well, another way to cut the lag would be... setting the Otami-Jack gold amount to the same amount from the other areas. Only people who want to fight him for the badge (or the challenge) would fight him, the gold hunters would go for the other Jacks (and seriously, in the 2hrs it takes to kill Otami-Jack, you can kill 4 other area-Jacks and get the same amount of gold not-glitched :/)

@Damien, I think the zOMG-events always stayed around a week longer than the forum-events.. what's ridiculous about it?

Malevolent Millionaire

8,925 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
shiroimomo
I think the zOMG-events always stayed around a week longer than the forum-events..

I wouldn't know......I only started playing a few months ago. One would think, however, that all things related to an event would be shut down on the same day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff