Welcome to Gaia! ::

PaganPrefect's Husband

Benevolent Elder

61,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
It's really horrible. In all honesty, Gaia should have know something like this was going to happen when you dangle a huge lump of gold like that out and a badge for people to get as well. Of course 100+ people are going to go swarm Jack to get a quick 130K+ and don't care if it lags the servers. I honestly think Gaia should have really thought that out a little better than they have.

But, I got my badges and my gold and I never want to be around that lag again. I'm sure my computer was screaming at me the entire time.

PaganPrefect's Husband

Benevolent Elder

61,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Damien_The_Omen
Della Ilisia
Everyone is questing something. I've got to get 15 mill to get the three big-ticket items *I* want. People who are questing the badge want the badge just as much as you want to get your item. DON'T blame everyone else for trying to be fair when you're just being self-centered.

Uh-huh.......Not "everyone" plays (much less likes to play) zOMG, either. And who are you to say I'm "self-centered"? rolleyes As long as I have to put up with greedy elitists who think it's "fair" to keep raising the price of something that shouldn't have an exorbitant price to begin with, I'm going to keep doing whatever I have to do in order to make as much gold as possible to get it. THAT is how I define "fair". talk2hand

You know, by you buying the elitists' items at those prices you're putting up with them and just adding to the fact that they can get that much out of an item that doesn't even need that kind of price. *shrug*

Trash Genius

I O R L A N D O I
you should stop jack from spawning in otami at least for a while

This.
Amazing idea, that I hope people will listen to.
It's amazing, I posted, sentence by sentence, however laggy the announcement in Otami.
Oh, three people listened and the rest went on to whine, "BUT I WANT MY MUNAH."

Benevolent Codger

Thanks for that, [ JK ]. Good of you to keep us informed. 3nodding

Perhaps this will help quell some of the lagwrath, and help the forums settle down a little bit. 'Til then, we'll just be awaiting those fixes... wink

Malevolent Millionaire

8,925 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
CrimsonDice
You know, by you buying the elitists' items at those prices you're putting up with them and just adding to the fact that they can get that much out of an item that doesn't even need that kind of price. *shrug*

Perhaps you should worry less about blaming people like me, who have to work harder to earn the gold necessary to buy such items, and worry more about blaming the people responsible for stating that "the MP will never have fixed prices/will always be user-controlled".

Skilled Poster

9,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
there is a game feature being exploited in my opinion..

feature: ......... Invite/crew or blue dot/friend
description:

A player/s who is/are stuck in graphics on wall making invites or bluedotting others into the same situation..

Result:

Makes no difference how many server go up
this action occurring religiously is wreaking havoc

I witnessed this in Otami on the Grunny Sub on the 3 level on the wall above the 3 Masks

Xeliel's Queen

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

Damien_The_Omen
Lovelyygurl
soto saki
Lovelyygurl
Hopefully everyone will read this thread.
One can only hope.
Unfortunately, while the mass influx of players is good for the game, they don't know much of our zOMG! community and probably won't listen... User Image

It's sad how people are more focused on making money for themselves rather than sharing the game in order to make it easier [less laggy] and enjoyable for everyone to play..

stare "SAD"? It isn't "sad" to want to fight a super-difficult boss so that you can reduce the amount of gold you still need in order to purchase an item you're questing for & will likely never get, thanks to greedy elitists and their trumped-up inflation. evil scream

But you know, I'll tell you what........YOU (you = everyone complaining about the horrid lag in the game's servers) donate 5,000,000 gold to me, or just simply donate to me the things I keep farming the Otami Jack to get enough gold to pay for, and I'll stay out of Otami Ruins until the event is over.

rolleyes Otherwise...... talk2hand cheese_whine
CrimsonDice
I can understand that, but you know people are not going to listen to anyone because they want to make a quick 130k+. If they want to keep people from lagging it, make it so that people that already have gotten the Otami badge can't get gold anymore from there. That way it forces them to go to other areas to look for Jack. Harsh yes, but it would keep the traffic down so others can get the badge from him there.

I can't think of anything to say about this, other than that this is complete & utter horse****. That's like telling people they're not allowed to speedrun SS for quick & easy gold anymore. rolleyes wahmbulance

This is what Lovely meant, and what I don't like.
Self absorbed people like you over PIXELS. zOMG is for fun, not a gold making machine.
When you quest you do it for something you want and you do it from hard work,
thereafter you'll feel great about not having to ask for help and doing something for yourself.
talk2hand

PaganPrefect's Husband

Benevolent Elder

61,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Damien_The_Omen
CrimsonDice

Perhaps you should worry less about blaming people like me, who have to work harder to earn the gold necessary to buy such items, and worry more about blaming the people responsible for stating that "the MP will never have fixed prices/will always be user-controlled".

Gaia is never going to do anything about the MP so don't complain you have to pay 10M for an item you want because someone puts it up at that price. That's just how it is. Gold is too easy to get now so prices are of course going to rise.

Your complaints will now fall on deaf ears because I'm not checking the thread anymore.

Shameless Enabler

Damien_The_Omen
Della Ilisia
Everyone is questing something. I've got to get 15 mill to get the three big-ticket items *I* want. People who are questing the badge want the badge just as much as you want to get your item. DON'T blame everyone else for trying to be fair when you're just being self-centered.

Uh-huh.......Not "everyone" plays (much less likes to play) zOMG, either. And who are you to say I'm "self-centered"? rolleyes As long as I have to put up with greedy elitists who think it's "fair" to keep raising the price of something that shouldn't have an exorbitant price to begin with, I'm going to keep doing whatever I have to do in order to make as much gold as possible to get it. THAT is how I define "fair". In fact, people should be happy enough that I'm not like one of those idiot emote/shout spammers in Otami making **** worse for "everyone else" trying to kill Jack, too. talk2hand

Elitists aren't the ones who set prices, people who want the item do.
Damien_The_Omen
I can't think of anything to say about this, other than that this is complete & utter horse****. That's like telling people they're not allowed to speedrun SS for quick & easy gold anymore. rolleyes wahmbulance

No one ever said anything about SS, so your point is wholly invalid. This is about Jack, and the IMMENSE lag that is caused when multitudes of people suddenly try to get onto one server at once.

Your failure at understanding the situation other than "Bawww I want my gold though!" makes me unable to take anything you say seriously.

In response to everyone else, I disagree with stopping Otami Jack spawns. There are still people who have not gotten the badge. I haven't, simply because I don't want to put up with the lag right now. I do agree with whoever said that there should be a way implemented to keep people who have already gotten the badge from getting gold from Otami Jack. This would discourage the Otami hunters, and HOPEFULLY lessen the lag a bit. Otherwise, people are just going to continue fighting it for easy gold, and contribute to the horrendous lag that everyone has to deal with.

Gallant Gaian

11,550 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
Krovahn
Thanks for posting [ JK ]. It is very understandable how and why it is happening, and that it couldn't have really been predicted with the influx of players that are going on. Your apology is greatly appreciated, especially since alot of other sites, the main people in charge of such things wouldn't do so. It is very nice to have some one [as well as the rest of the zOMG staff who would do the same thing] who keeps the players informed and what not. So thank you. Keep up the good work. It is an awesome event regardless of the lag, nicely done.
TRUTH!!! ^

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Thanks for the information, [ JK ], I really appreciate it.

Now if only people who have already gotten their Otami Jack badge would actually READ this thread. I'm trying to fight Jack in Bill's Ranch, but apparently, Jack is also in Otami. I can't even get past the loading screen because of that. x_x;

Wheezing Warlord

Maybe lock all the server-jumping threads for the time being to help combat it?

Dapper Elder

Thanks for the explanation [ JK ]. It wouldn't really be a Gaia event without some kind of glitch. It just sucks it was zOMG this time.
However, I am still enjoying the event despite the problems. Fighting Jack is like the epic boss/Landy fights of old.

6,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Megathread 100
[ JK ]
Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

ok then thanks for the expanation BUT HURRY UP AND FIXED IT! this explanation just barly fixed the problem .-.(in the meanwhile I'm going to play maple biggrin )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff