Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Millionaire

8,925 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
stare Is there some specific reason that this event is still going on? I thought that I'd at least get to play zOMG normally by now, but all I get is a ****-ton of lag. stressed

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
iCrazyGal
Aldo Simoncini
Transiente
I have a question.

Where ever Jack is, does he always stay at a 15.0/11.5 CL?

Jack's CL depends on the area he appears. As far as I know he's:

CL 3.0 - VG
CL 4.0 - Bill's Ranch
CL 5.0 - Zen Garden
CL 11.0 - Gold Beach
CL 11.9 - Otami (before he got nerfed he was CL 15)

I haven't fought him at Bassken Lake and OA so far, but I guess at Bassken he's CL 6.0 and at OA 7.0 (probably higher).

Jack don't appeared at OA, his ghost don't too because they scared of the
hive xD

lol the hive is scary... but also cute biggrin
Damien_The_Omen
stare Is there some specific reason that this event is still going on? I thought that I'd at least get to play zOMG normally by now, but all I get is a ****-ton of lag. stressed

I know we are already going on the 11th and zOMG is still acting up stare i mean its cool Jack is still around for everyone to get a chance to kill him, but it sucks that it messes up the whole server. and now i cant even get back on.. soo it would be nice if this was cleared up some time soon xp
[ JK ]
Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

by my calculations (10k gold for village green Jack, 20k for ranch Jack...) I should have about half a million gold at this point.
scream
To be honest. I had thought zOMG was lagging so terribly because of my 4-year-old computer.

Amateur Prophet

I have only got Jack once, then the server stopped loading. confused

And does anyone know how long he will be staying? Is he staying for much longer?

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
I've tried killing Jack three times now, and done everything in my power to reduce lag. And I have yet to get a single reward for beating him Dx
I need more time to beat him D:

5,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Cexil
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

Where ever Jack is, does he always stay at a 15.0/11.5 CL?

They changed him to 11.9 because of how hard it was. Plus it was time consuming and it killed the server thelonger it took to kill him.

Well, I fought him at 15.0 (lost) and 11.5 (won). Both in Otami Ruins.
But that still doesn't answer my question.

Yes he will stay nerfed. The event is new so of course the nerf would be a bit unexpected for some people.
that's what she said
How come sometimes we kill jack but get no reward?

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
i was fighting jack but so many people were there that safari crashed cause the computer was being slow and other people got rewards but i didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was the only time ive ever found him, hes so rare!!!!! scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

10,700 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Hygienic 200
captain valkerie
i was fighting jack but so many people were there that safari crashed cause the computer was being slow and other people got rewards but i didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was the only time ive ever found him, hes so rare!!!!! scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

Woah, calm down. Happened to me twice and everytime to my friend. He will appear in the place where there are tons of little ghosts of cl 1.0 .

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
and why did you quote me?

Invisible Soldier

12,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Over Easy 100
  • Millionaire 200
all the update say play at your own risk it takes a while for it to load and you have to be alive when he dies to get credit i opened another screen after i didn't win and it was different gold amounts hope this help it over tonight
[ JK ]
Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff