Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

Versatile Bear

11,725 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Generous 100
  • Market Browser 100
ok good to know biggrin
what about the ghost badges? question

Perfect Hunter

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I have a question.

Where ever Jack is, does he always stay at a 15.0/11.5 CL?

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Thank you for posting this!
I finally got Jack in Otami last night and it was a nightmare with people swarming, using Shout, and somehow I DC'd and after like 5 minutes I got back on and my settings were reset.
Meaning High Graphics and everyone's ring animations were turned on.
It was horrible but I finally got it.
xp

Edit:
I also took the time last night to whisper about 20 people who were using shout telling them not to use Shout.
It worked.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Transiente
I have a question.

They changed him to 11.9 because of how hard it was. Plus it was time consuming and it killed the server thelonger it took to kill him.

Perfect Hunter

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

They changed him to 11.9 because of how hard it was. Plus it was time consuming and it killed the server thelonger it took to kill him.

Well, I fought him at 15.0 (lost) and 11.5 (won). Both in Otami Ruins.
But that still doesn't answer my question.

Lonely Fatcat

User Image

Ha
I'm not doing otomi jack again.
^^ it's ok jk we will wait
so now no otomi

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

Yes he will stay nerfed. The event is new so of course the nerf would be a bit unexpected for some people.

Twinkles_the_Kat's Princess

Friendly Member

Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

No,his level won't stay the same, for example at Village Green, CL 3.0 I think. So basically depend on the area, but Otami is hardest. And Cexil was right, they changed Jack to 11.9 because it took long much people to Otami and make the whole server lagging plus taking too long.

Lonely Elder

Damn that lag, cost me both rewards after half an hour put into killing Jack in Village Greens, and a ring from a quest I'd completed fifteen minutes later in Bass'ken.. >:
[That lag sure sticks around a while]
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

I don't quite remember, but I don't think so. I only remember Jack having different health percents..That probably means that he got different CL's too. It depends on the area.

7,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Thanks for posting [ JK ]. It is very understandable how and why it is happening, and that it couldn't have really been predicted with the influx of players that are going on. Your apology is greatly appreciated, especially since alot of other sites, the main people in charge of such things wouldn't do so. It is very nice to have some one [as well as the rest of the zOMG staff who would do the same thing] who keeps the players informed and what not. So thank you. Keep up the good work. It is an awesome event regardless of the lag, nicely done.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Transiente
I have a question.

If you mean per area? No. Village Green jack is 3.0
While Bill's ranch Jack was 4.5 3nodding
Idk about the Lake, Zen, the Aqueduct, or the Beach though.

Perfect Hunter

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
iCrazyGal
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

No,his level won't stay the same, for example at Village Green, CL 3.0 I think. So basically depend on the area, but Otami is hardest. And Cexil was right, they changed Jack to 11.9 because it took long much people to Otami and make the whole server lagging plus taking too long.

If his CL is 3.0 in Village Greens. Why are users wasting their time in Otami with 11.9 Jack? I would go to the 3.0 one. It'll take less time because he is weaker, and it will require less players. Unless your one of those people who MUST get his reward disregarding [ JK ]'s warnings.

Twinkles_the_Kat's Princess

Friendly Member

And okay to JK! I hope everyone not going to Otami, I started to hate Otami, 1/3 fight got reward :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff