Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you for taking care of it! smile it's unbelievable LAG SPIKE that I had so many times yerstarday and 2 days ago Dx also, I fought Jack in Otami at CL 15.0 and won the prize and this was the last one xd

oOLeanOo's Husband

Playful Vampire

14,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Waffles! 25
Transiente
I have a question.

Where ever Jack is, does he always stay at a 15.0/11.5 CL?

Jack's CL depends on the area he appears. As far as I know he's:

CL 3.0 - VG
CL 4.0 - Bill's Ranch
CL 5.0 - Zen Garden
CL 11.0 - Gold Beach
CL 11.9 - Otami (before he got nerfed he was CL 15)

I haven't fought him at Bassken Lake and OA so far, but I guess at Bassken he's CL 6.0 and at OA 7.0 (probably higher).

Twinkles_the_Kat's Princess

Friendly Member

Transiente
iCrazyGal
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

They changed him to 11.9 because of how hard it was. Plus it was time consuming and it killed the server thelonger it took to kill him.

Well, I fought him at 15.0 (lost) and 11.5 (won). Both in Otami Ruins.
But that still doesn't answer my question.

No,his level won't stay the same, for example at Village Green, CL 3.0 I think. So basically depend on the area, but Otami is hardest. And Cexil was right, they changed Jack to 11.9 because it took long much people to Otami and make the whole server lagging plus taking too long.

If his CL is 3.0 in Village Greens. Why are users wasting their time in Otami with 11.9 Jack? I would go to the 3.0 one. It'll take less time because he is weaker, and it will require less players. Unless your one of those people who MUST get his reward disregarding [ JK ]'s warnings.

That is a good point, but people need the damn badge at Otami :/ but HARDER the Jack, the MORE reward, if you fought at Village Green, you get 23k+ but at Otami you get 120k+
Transiente
Why are users wasting their time in Otami with 11.9 Jack?

Not only does Otami Jack give higher rewards (Which is what most people are after), but Otami Jack gives a separate badge for killing it (So, two Jack badges. One for killing any Jack, and one for killing Otami Jack).

People who need the Otami badge will likely still go after Otami Jack, but those who have it already should try to refrain from engaging more |:

Edit; Ninja'd >:c

Friendly Member

Aldo Simoncini
Transiente
I have a question.

Jack's CL depends on the area he appears. As far as I know he's:

CL 3.0 - VG
CL 4.0 - Bill's Ranch
CL 5.0 - Zen Garden
CL 11.0 - Gold Beach
CL 11.9 - Otami (before he got nerfed he was CL 15)

I haven't fought him at Bassken Lake and OA so far, but I guess at Bassken he's CL 6.0 and at OA 7.0 (probably higher).

Jack don't appeared at OA, his ghost don't too because they scared of the
hive xD

Perfect Hunter

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
iCrazyGal
Transiente
iCrazyGal
Transiente
Cexil
Transiente
I have a question.

They changed him to 11.9 because of how hard it was. Plus it was time consuming and it killed the server thelonger it took to kill him.

Well, I fought him at 15.0 (lost) and 11.5 (won). Both in Otami Ruins.
But that still doesn't answer my question.

No,his level won't stay the same, for example at Village Green, CL 3.0 I think. So basically depend on the area, but Otami is hardest. And Cexil was right, they changed Jack to 11.9 because it took long much people to Otami and make the whole server lagging plus taking too long.

If his CL is 3.0 in Village Greens. Why are users wasting their time in Otami with 11.9 Jack? I would go to the 3.0 one. It'll take less time because he is weaker, and it will require less players. Unless your one of those people who MUST get his reward disregarding [ JK ]'s warnings.

That is a good point, but people need the damn badge at Otami :/ but HARDER the Jack, the MORE reward, if you fought at Village Green, you get 23k+ but at Otami you get 120k+

They'd be lucky to get anything from Jack. If the JK said this before I got my badge, I would have gone to the Village Greens Jack and be happy with the 23K+.

Ferocious Pumpkin

Heh, I don't mind not being able to kill Otami Jack. I really only did it for the badge. For gold, I think I'll stick to Gold Beach Jack.

Friendly Member

Transiente
iCrazyGal
Transiente

They'd be lucky to get anything from Jack. If the JK said this before I got my badge, I would have gone to the Village Greens Jack and be happy with the 23K+.

mhm.. Village Green only take about 10minutes or so. I beening avoiding Otami one

Tipsy Bookworm

Yay! Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a chance to get my badges now...
I keep getting booted from the layer when Jack's gets to about 82k HP in Otami.
Really sucks! Thanks for making this [ JK ]!

Festive Hunter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
if we didn't get our gold for killing jack will we be ever get paided or no

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Trick or...

Thank you JK for posting this. I was already getting annoyed about the lag that occurs whenever Otami Jack spawns on the server. But wouldn't it have been better if Jack became an instanced event boss?

TREAT!

Cluttered Bear

68,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100
Thank you [ JK ] for coming online on a Sunday to take care of things. An apology is all we can ask for as the past cannot be undone. Good of the team to give it instead of trying to assign blame to others.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
[ JK ]
Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

what about ghost badges? will they be unglitched before the event is over? its kinda annoying counting all the ghosts ive killed to make sure i get the badges......
speaking of the end of the event, when DOES it end?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
XxXx_JAVIER_xXxX
ok good to know biggrin
what about the ghost badges? question

ghost badges will be rewarded after the event. all data on the ghost kills is still being recorded, just the grant isn't happening right now.

thank you jk!!!!!! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces