• Gaian 50
User Image
thx for d info jk ;3

Fashionable Genius

7,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Flatterer 200
honestly the event is great. razz and the lagg isn't really your fault...it's all the server hopping people do. razz Thanks for the fun!

Dangerous Lunatic

I have a suggestion.

Remove the gold drop from jack all together. This will make all the gold mongers disperse and only leave the true zomg players to fight jack. Less lag, less issues. 3nodding
If no one has said this yet, the solution would be the lesser gold drops (which you have now done) but the rare Jack spawn might be different, I think you should have Jack spawn in all the servers (at the same time) so that people won't bother to leave their servers (I know what you're thinking, that it ruins the event a bit by making Jack easier to find, but people are already spamming it over the forums where they know and causing this epic lag).

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Twisted Angel of Darkness
I have a suggestion.

Remove the gold drop from jack all together. This will make all the gold mongers disperse and only leave the true zomg players to fight jack. Less lag, less issues. 3nodding

stare Right, because EVERYONE wants to fight a boss that doesn't reward them with (deliberate pun) Jack ****. rolleyes
Thank you for trying to resolve the lag issues, I know it is difficult at this time due to having a very small dev team right now.

However I think it would be the best to place Jack in an instanced/boss area and lower his gold drop to about 15 K per kill and the average team taking about 30 minutes to kill him. Solves all lag issues and people won't farm him any more then they do Shallow Seas or something. Or make the instanced area only accept x amount of people at one time.

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
Despite, all the glitches and what have you I just want to say that I had fun this weekend. This whole community is one of the few forms of stress relief I have and you guys are doing amazing the way you keep with things. Thank you.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I've been linking people on zOMG! who have been hinting Jack to this thread. Hopefully It's discouraged them from hunting.

Friendly Hunter

13,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
Thanks for the info JK. I'm sure most Gaian's understand that you are all doing your best to make us a great game but there are sometimes growing pains for all new things XD Keep up the good work and thanks for all the fun to yourself and the entire team that gives us Gaia online ^_^

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
13Erased7Memories0
If no one has said this yet, the solution would be the lesser gold drops (which you have now done) but the rare Jack spawn might be different, I think you should have Jack spawn in all the servers (at the same time) so that people won't bother to leave their servers (I know what you're thinking, that it ruins the event a bit by making Jack easier to find, but people are already spamming it over the forums where they know and causing this epic lag).

I agree, it does make Jack easier to find but it's the only way I can think of that would deter people from server hoping. I'm guilty of it, I tried to just stay on one server and wait for jack to appear, but I got nada, spent almost two hours on BuzzSaw when the event first started and never got a wiff of jack, so I don't know...thanks for trying though [jk] we thank you for your effort. heart
It's a totally understandable issue 3nodding
Thanks for informing us and trying to fix the problem(s)!
[ JK ]
Please refrain from fighting Otami Jack. The lags occurring during this event is mainly attributed to the influx of players jumping to servers where Jack spawns. The frequency of Jack spawn is same as every area, however since it takes so long to kill Otami Jack, it allows for higher percentage of players to reach that server. This sudden increase of server population is the main reason for the lag (there's more technical reason for this which i won't get into, but it's tied to the amount of players fighting Jack).

You'll notice that lags start to occur as soon as Jack has spawned and everyone is doing server hopping to that server. You'll also notice that once Jack is defeated, the lag subsides. This is due to all the server hoppers logging out of the server to fight next Jack. If players didn't jump servers, we wouldn't be having the problems that we're experiencing now.

The server lag is also causing glitches where players are not receiving rewards from Jack. At this time I would highly recommend that you don't engage in combat with Jack (esp. Otami Jack). Until we can update zOMG with another fix, you could be just wasting your time.

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who didn't receive rewards from Jack and is experiencing lags during this event. I know it's inexcusable, but these types of things can not be tested until it goes live to the site. We had couple dozen SCAS testers helping us debug the event for few days, however you can not account for thousands of players playing the game until it goes live. This was a learning experience for us and we'll do everything possible so this doesn't occur again. I hope you'll understand, thank you.

Thanks for the info. heart
Of course, lowering the gold amount was a good idea heart but I have to agree with the idea that Jack should spawn at all servers at (more-or-less) the same time and location 3nodding (as addition to the lowered gold) It would solve the server-hopping issue admirably while being probably the simplest solution to implement. Or at least, it would be a better short term solution than the rare spawning, because now people will change servers even more(!) since there are so few chances to "meet" Jack. So, this will cause more lag and problems than benefits IMHO.

As for my personal standpoint: I understand the issues and hope you'll be able to find a solution soon. *gives you cookies and hot chocolate and lots of hugs*
I can very well imagine the bitterness you must feel because of some "kids" who do not see further than their nose and can't imagine the effort, work, lack-of-sleep and the stress you had to go through to make the event. But there are many people who have been looking forward to this event for months and are almost desperate to participate and earn their Halloween items wink
Take it as the appreciation of ZOMG that it is 3nodding

If I may beg, I beg, that you don't make him too rare an occasion... Otherwise I do not stand a chance to participate, since I have very little time to spend on Gaia emo (meaning... like.. 30 minutes tops in a workday) And I really want to earn my cursed pumpkin and enough loot to get at least one of the items heart

You have all done a GREAT job.
PS: I. LOVE. those cute ghosts - great artwork heart An I'm also loving all the little details in Barton wink Great job! smile

Fashionable Kitten

Planetary Particle
Thank you for trying to resolve the lag issues, I know it is difficult at this time due to having a very small dev team right now.

However I think it would be the best to place Jack in an instanced/boss area and lower his gold drop to about 15 K per kill and the average team taking about 30 minutes to kill him. Solves all lag issues and people won't farm him any more then they do Shallow Seas or something. Or make the instanced area only accept x amount of people at one time.

I like this idea!

As for myself, I've never server hopped. I honestly don't see the point of waiting to load up another new server for Jack to arrive, I simply wait, though I will admit to layer-hopping.

Mr Clocksy's Queen

Devoted Lover

20,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
ty for the info it was needed very much mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash