Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

No, JK, thank you for all the effort you and the other devs put into this event. I know that it wasn't easy for you guys to code and sprite on a bare-bones crew, and with all the server cycles I'm sure that you've been pulling a full weekend shift when you would probably much rather enjoy your Halloween.

I understand that you have done and are doing the best that you can. For what it's worth, I've really enjoyed the event for more then just the gold. I had tons of fun farming to my 5K pumpkin fluff badge and met lots of people I otherwise might not have and I'm glad :>

Edit: And I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here: I like the idea of a roving boss that takes lots of people cooperating to buff, heal and fight (and revive if need be). Yes, missing Jack's reward a couple times was frustrating, but I enjoyed crewing with people I've never met, and the rallying that went on as we chipped away at Jack's heath point by point. Jack reminded me of those three days I spent back in 2008 waiting for Kat's doll, and the rush of fighting a boss that wasn't chained to a little room and couldn't be accessed at will.

Distinct Citizen

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Statustician 100
Alucio
Transiente
I have a question.

Where ever Jack is, does he always stay at a 15.0/11.5 CL?

If you mean per area? No. Village Green jack is 3.0
While Bill's ranch Jack was 4.5 3nodding
Idk about the Lake, Zen, the Aqueduct, or the Beach though.

Jack at the beach is 11.0
Dilgert
We all know that you won't update the game again. Who got the Jack badge and the pumpkin, got it and who not is not. That's all. Case Closed.

Well, la de da!

My solution? Since people like Dilgert *don't* care, If Jack spawns on a layer (server) and someone who has gotten their badges was not on that server/layer at the time: tough!

(my attitude mirrors that of Dilgert -- who has obviously reaped the benefits and doesn't need them any more, or give a rat's back end about anyone else -- and since the Halloween events are supposed to got until the 14th per the rumors, you might actually be fair enough to spread the wealth around and let some other people try.)

So no. Case *not* closed Dilgert. You may be happy with it that way, but I just came here a couple of days ago. Previously I was in a game community where things went down the toilet to the point where I finally left.THat one I had been at since it was an Alpha. My emotional commitment to this community is even less than it was there, and I left for their stupidity! And I had been there for over a year -- there just comes a point when you've screwed the pooch and everyone leaves. A few core (favored) people are left, and when newbies get bashed, they leave as fast as you can get them. Guess where that goes? BTW, it got so bad that although I was considered "favored" and even Legendary, it was just no good anymore! I hope that does not happen here, but if it does, I hope you and ones with your attitude are the last to leave, grumbling all the way!

;'{P~~~

Malevolent Millionaire

8,350 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
shiroimomo
Wouldn't the problem of server hoppers be solved though, if they put a timecap in? :/ Like they did with the chests somewhen back.. E.g. you can only defeat him once every hour or something..

Umm.......why the hell would they go back to a failed system, just because there are one too many people attacking a rare event spawn? The whole "you didn't help defeat these creatures, you don't get any loot from this container/mid-boss/boss" system works fine as-is. >.>

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
be easier if jack was released all all layers at the same time so to cut down on jumping. thats my thought but I dunno if I'm right, one thing I found odd was I was talking to my friends last halloween event that you guys should do zomg we fight jack roaming around the areas. either I'm psychic or you guys were eavsdropping on my ideas.

Mega Nerd

Sabin le Rose
Although I can argue Jack is insanely easy in Otami. I didn't die a single time because I understand what buffs do and their necessity , which was more then I could say for the people who were dieing in droves and droves over and over again.

This was actually the best part of Jack for me.

Sure, I like the rewards. I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but let's face it, I don't need Jack to make gold. And the lag with Otami Jack was so bad that no amount of gold was worth the frustration, so I battled a couple of Jacks in lower leveled areas today, with players that were at or close to their level.

A lot of what I was doing was healing and buffing, and some players not only noticed, but asked me what rings I was using and why - and seemed pretty happy they weren't dying as often smile . I liked that a lot - I hope maybe someone took the idea that buffs don't suck away from the battle along with all the gold. Hey, if I can convince even one person that 7 weapons + bandage is not a particularly good ring build, I've done my job.

That's what is neat about this event - that players of different levels can play together, and it's a big enough playing field that one screw up doesn't kill the whole crew.

Feline Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Jason Clearbrook
Dilgert
We all know that you won't update the game again. Who got the Jack badge and the pumpkin, got it and who not is not. That's all. Case Closed.

Well, la de da!

My solution? Since people like Dilgert *don't* care, If Jack spawns on a layer (server) and someone who has gotten their badges was not on that server/layer at the time: tough!

(my attitude mirrors that of Dilgert -- who has obviously reaped the benefits and doesn't need them any more, or give a rat's back end about anyone else -- and since the Halloween events are supposed to got until the 14th per the rumors, you might actually be fair enough to spread the wealth around and let some other people try.)

So no. Case *not* closed Dilgert. You may be happy with it that way, but I just came here a couple of days ago. Previously I was in a game community where things went down the toilet to the point where I finally left.THat one I had been at since it was an Alpha. My emotional commitment to this community is even less than it was there, and I left for their stupidity! And I had been there for over a year -- there just comes a point when you've screwed the pooch and everyone leaves. A few core (favored) people are left, and when newbies get bashed, they leave as fast as you can get them. Guess where that goes? BTW, it got so bad that although I was considered "favored" and even Legendary, it was just no good anymore! I hope that does not happen here, but if it does, I hope you and ones with your attitude are the last to leave, grumbling all the way!

;'{P~~~

I'll be happy when they fix the glitches. I joined Gaia almost 5 years ago. Some times they fix the problems, some times they don't. I still love Gaia and my opinios is that the crew done the things very well. What I don't like this time is that fact that I have to find Jack again and I have to kill him again. I have gold, I don't need more. I have items, I don't need more. I just want my badge, that's all.

Inquisitive Bookworm

19,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Thank you for the event. Better than the easter one. Never got the golden egg with that one or the badge. I'm one of the few that didn't mind the lag for this event because it was less than ss mobbing lags. Still trying to get the ghost and pumpkin badges. Ghost badge still not showing up for me.

Sparkling Wolf

19,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Beta Critic 0
Yeah I understood that straight away. Even with your settings set to the lowest, the lag will still result in your avatar glitching over the board. Its really annoying.

This is why I've advised people to check the threads about Jack so that they can skip the server that currently has Jack in Otami. There are still tons of people who don't read updates pertaining to the servers or who just don't care to engage in the forums unless they feel they can get a good shortcut to more gold.

Well anyway I fight Jack occasionally, which is nice.

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
you should just put long server switching times or caps on the number of people per server for the duration of the event :O

So people who want to actually play can do so and screw the server hoppers sad

Hygienic Gekko

As those dotted lines move faster...

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you guys have put into this event.
<3
Ghost hunting is fun and when Jack randomly spawns in front of you it makes me smile.
smile

We'll watch the night turn into day.

6,550 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Are the rewards the same for every jack?

Distinct Dabbler

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Love you, zOMG! Crew.

Shameless Enabler

Kai Thorn
be easier if jack was released all all layers at the same time so to cut down on jumping. thats my thought but I dunno if I'm right, one thing I found odd was I was talking to my friends last halloween event that you guys should do zomg we fight jack roaming around the areas. either I'm psychic or you guys were eavsdropping on my ideas.

Oh my god, nooo.
Can you image the horror that would cause on the server?!
@>@

Shameless Enabler

Damien_The_Omen
shiroimomo
Wouldn't the problem of server hoppers be solved though, if they put a timecap in? :/ Like they did with the chests somewhen back.. E.g. you can only defeat him once every hour or something..

Umm.......why the hell would they go back to a failed system, just because there are one too many people attacking a rare event spawn? The whole "you didn't help defeat these creatures, you don't get any loot from this container/mid-boss/boss" system works fine as-is. >.>

Im really confused here....

Did you quote the wrong post or something?

Because a time cap and what you said have nothing in common....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff