Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kzenski's Princess

Dedicated Seeker

10,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
Thank you very much for the awesome items. Not sure how well it goes with my softball outfit but hey,
there is a game tonight!! GO GGW!

10,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
i dont really get this sweatdrop

Kzenski's Princess

Dedicated Seeker

10,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
adgjl97
i dont really get this sweatdrop

Do you have a golden egg from the Easter event?
If so go to back alley bargains and exchange recipes, the last one will be the egg, it is awesome!

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Very awesome! The new gold cape is awesome! I probably would never use it though..... The ring is neat but I think I'll wait till newer rings come out first.

Ruthless Businessman

I was actually expecting a ring to come from the egg but the addition of a wearable item was wonderful. Thank you all

Kitten In Chains's Significant Otter

Velobus99
I upgraded the ring to cl10 and put it on a finger, but my stats all stayed the same. I tested wearing the ring (it appears to be passive) in otami but received the same amount of gold and orbs from animated and chests that I would normally. I do not see that the ring does anything.

Just wanted to touch on this post briefly. The dodge and accuracy buff associated with the ring do scale and are visible.

No ring in slot 8, dodge/acc 516:
User Image

Level 1 Fortune's Favor in slot 8, dodge/acc 520:
User Image

Level 10 Divinity in slot 8, dodge/acc 528:
User Image

Level 10 Fortune's Favor in slot 8, dodge/acc 568:
User Image

Secondly, yes, it's true that the benefit granted by the luck boost, for anyone curious it's a 13 luck boost which is 62.5% more than the next highest luck boosting ring, isn't immediately obvious. Prior to releasing the ring, we conducted exhaustive testing of the impact of luck tracking item rewards over several thousand monster kills in a controlled environment. Through these tests, we were able to prove that luck reliably increases all item awards aside from gold. Loot, recipes, orbs, and rings all showed increased reward rates.

Does this mean you will always earn more loot with Fortune's Favor over an hour's play or 100 monster kills than without? Not necessarily. Due to the nature of probability not all rewards will be equal over the course of an hour or or 100 kills. This variability leads to imprecise results in such small testing samples. In point of fact, in our own testing we were still seeing inconsistent results after 1000 monster kills. What does it mean then? It means that with every monster you kill your chance of receiving an item with the Fortune's Favor ring is higher than it is without and that, over an extended period of time, you will be awarded more items. You may not even notice it, but it will definitely be happening.

Finally, with regards to gold, we'll be making a change to the way Luck functions soon that will increase the amount of gold you receive when your Luck is increased. This should be a lot more visible than item rewards. Instead of increasing the chance you have of being awarded an item it will increase the amount you are awarded whenever you receive gold from a monster kill.

Hope this clears up the confusion about the new ring!

-bron

Precious Cat

7,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Thanks guys! :]

Profitable Prophet

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Im disappointed.... A passive ring? Someone got lazy. I was excited for a new animation... And the regal adornment is a repeat item. Bleh boring...

Kitten In Chains's Significant Otter

TOOTINGBUBBLES
Im disappointed.... A passive ring? Someone got lazy. I was excited for a new animation... And the regal adornment is a repeat item. Bleh boring...

Not as much laziness as being unable to get time scheduled for anyone with the skills needed to create a ring animation because they were all very busy with other stuff. Sorry to disappoint. crying

Profitable Prophet

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
bronstahd
TOOTINGBUBBLES

Not as much laziness as being unable to get time scheduled for anyone with the skills needed to create a ring animation because they were all very busy with other stuff. Sorry to disappoint. crying

That came out a lot more pissy then i wanted, I understand you guys must get really busy and swamped with work, but with all the delays and work it took to get it I was expecting something AMAZING. I guess i just expect to much sweatdrop Sorry. Its good for what it is.

Original Gaian

Can anyone confirm for me? Does the ring Soulbind or no? o:

Profitable Prophet

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mirrorism

No it is not soulbound I can sell my 10.0cl ring after playing with it.

Original Gaian

TOOTINGBUBBLES
Mirrorism

No it is not soulbound I can sell my 10.0cl ring after playing with it.
Thank ya ma'am. whee

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
bronstahd

Just wanted to touch on this post briefly. The dodge and accuracy buff associated with the ring do scale and are visible.

[cut for shortening quote]

[/cut]
Hope this clears up the confusion about the new ring!

-bron

Ah, I was to mention that. So is not just loot, and you just commented about it as well with the details on dodge & accuracy.

Am getting ready to test it at S.S. lol

Keep doing a great work, all of you. For what is about to come and all the previews shown, the new rings are a neat advance. And as the kind of "reward" it was, is amazing, and for the effort in bringing the Easter Event to zOMG! this year with the Golden Egg.

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I love the golden egg ring and item
= D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash