Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Sorry, still refuse after the atrocity. What should be done (it still isn't too late!) is to whip out some code that does the opposite of the ring soulbinding, and just soulbound the powerups gotten *before* a certain date, i.e. the 500 kajillion holiday powerups. Then the ones gotten after that point from back alley bargains and wherever else can be unsoulbound, and then they can be sold on the MP again, and life would be lovely and you guys would make more money.

What you guys are trying to do (forcing players to buy things instead of buying things from other players) won't work. A cornerstone of Gaia's commerce is people buying things with GC and vending, you should know this. xp
You might want to discuss some other topic, Aloysius, but that doesn't change that this is good news for those that like PowerUps. smile

And, for the record, that topic has been discussed internally from time to time. So many things to do, so little time. We'll see.
Qixter
Agreed. We'll be watching.

See, Qixter, you need to do that more often.

Agree with me, I mean.

Cleo knows best, darlin'

-patpat-

A warning stating that powerups are soulbound is really needed. There are people that are not up to date on zOMG stuff (or may not even play it) that buy them and find out the hard way (as I've seen from complaints in SF).
Me like biggrin

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Qixter
You might want to discuss some other topic, Aloysius, but that doesn't change that this is good news for those that like PowerUps. smile

And, for the record, that topic has been discussed internally from time to time. So many things to do, so little time. We'll see.

I do like powerups, I just protest what was done, and think soulbinding should be a thing of very last resort. This change doesn't affect me much, as I don't see the point in spending GC on consumables, but before the soulbinding, I was happy to buy them from people who would, who vended them.

My point is that (I swear, it really is related!) the prices are likely being lowered to encourage buying (duh), but I think the buying would be helped along substantially without soulbinding in the picture. Particularly because a pretty big portion of the userbase can't or won't use GC, and were they unsoulbound, they would help fuel demand liek whoa. A great example is the orb doublers. 3nodding

Thank you for the consideration, anyway. In the meantime, please put a warning on Back Alley Bargains, I feel bad for the poor nerfs that stumble into SF, all in a tizzy because they just spent GC on things they can't vend. xd
I can't deny that I do agree a bit with part of this point. While I'm happy about the new pricing, the combination of 90% of my Power-Ups being bound to a storage account and never getting mine multiplied aren't really the most encouraging things in the world.
Perhaps there is some solution you can come up with?

AloysiusWeasley
Qixter

I do like powerups, I just protest what was done, and think soulbinding should be a thing of very last resort. This change doesn't affect me much, as I don't see the point in spending GC on consumables, but before the soulbinding, I was happy to buy them from people who would, who vended them.

My point is that (I swear, it really is related!) the prices are likely being lowered to encourage buying (duh), but I think the buying would be helped along substantially without soulbinding in the picture. Particularly because a pretty big portion of the userbase can't or won't use GC, and were they unsoulbound, they would help fuel demand liek whoa. A great example is the orb doublers. 3nodding

Thank you for the consideration, anyway. In the meantime, please put a warning on Back Alley Bargains, I feel bad for the poor nerfs that stumble into SF, all in a tizzy because they just spent GC on things they can't vend. xd
thanks for the change qixter mrgreen
Absolutely BRILLIANT. I luv this! I remember when I finally ran out of my power ups... Right in the middle of the pillars quest in a batch of Tiny Terrors.... Good times, good times. I think I cried a little.

This makes my heart happy, though. heart

10,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Yes this is value for money... good move, im rapt!!!

10,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Does that mean that any power-ups I bought recently (including ones I've started using) are refilled? sweatdrop
Thanks, I was wondering why I all a sudden I had 100 charges.
Nenalata
Does that mean that any power-ups I bought recently (including ones I've started using) are refilled? sweatdrop

Yes! smile

10,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Qixter
Nenalata

Yes! smile

Oh good. I got very confused and thought it was a glitch until I saw this.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
This is a nice change, I'm not sure it's going to get me playing again (only more robofish in the tunnel will do that wink ) but I think it's good news and hopefully more people will use powerups and then be willing to buy more.

There is still a certain amount of prejudice (at least here on the forum that I've seen) against using powerups, a lot of players seem to think admitting using powerups is a declaration of weakness and/or inadequacy. You see it all the time in threads about powerups, a lot of players seem to find it necessary to declare that powerups aren't necessary. I don't really know how you can change that kind of attitude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff