3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
RafiCat
TheHolyPenis
ll-Bipolar Bear-ll
Remember that what we want to do is drive more users to zOMG

Well you failed on that part my friend.

No it'll will get them more NEW users but at the same time the majority of the old users will quit zOMG! insanely fast because what's the point of having a 10 CL when somebody with a little 1.0 CL is gonna be earing like 20 times more gold than you. The real question should be is this curve really worth all the anger it's causing? Because i think not.

How do you get that 1.0s will be able to earn more than 10.0s??

Because they curved the gold at the top so the people at the bottom can get more. Also they have their own little boss quests they can farm for gold.

Rainbow Enabler

15,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Everything Pan had to say seems perfectly reasonable and understandable.

Shapeshifter

TheHolyPenis
RafiCat
TheHolyPenis
ll-Bipolar Bear-ll

No it'll will get them more NEW users but at the same time the majority of the old users will quit zOMG! insanely fast because what's the point of having a 10 CL when somebody with a little 1.0 CL is gonna be earing like 20 times more gold than you. The real question should be is this curve really worth all the anger it's causing? Because i think not.

Because they curved the gold at the top so the people at the bottom can get more. Also they have their own little boss quests they can farm for gold.

What are you talking about? As soon as you hit 100k-150k, the gold curve affects the whole game. If you get your 150k in EB, then decide to go do the Doll Shrine, you're still going to only get 10% of what you would earn without the curve.
Even the new players can only get up to 150K. Everyone's even.

Benevolent Healer

28,925 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Healer 50
Whoa, it actually happen. Happy that those rich people will suffer from this, this makes me feel really good. The remaining goldsinks in zOMG will be event loot and probably new areas.

Mega Hoarder

TheHolyPenis
RafiCat
TheHolyPenis
ll-Bipolar Bear-ll

I don't think you understand how it works. The curve is based on gold amount, it doesn't take effect until you reach 100k earnings...

Hygienic Duck

You Sir Are Jesus
Your not bringing in new users pan, your losing users.

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

Nwel
You Sir Are Jesus
Your not bringing in new users pan, your losing users.

I'm pretty sure he meant his statement in the way of they are planning to bring new users to the game, not that the nerf would be an incentive for them to join. I think they are possibly planning to funnel new users through from the Monster Galaxy game on FB, but that's just a theory.
Thanks for a non-inflammatory post that doesn't present any biased retardation of words. The last "explanation" definitely failed at that. n_____n
LiXKuja
Whoa, it actually happen. Happy that those rich people will suffer from this, this makes me feel really good. The remaining goldsinks in zOMG will be event loot and probably new areas.
Idk really. Rich people aren't gonna lose any gold, just not gain as much as before. C: I think they'll still stay preeeeetty damn rich, doll.

8,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Vanity Du Vendetta
LiXKuja
Idk really. Rich people aren't gonna lose any gold, just not gain as much as before. C: I think they'll still stay preeeeetty damn rich, doll.

They will definitely stay rich, and all of them are going to be back on in a week doing just that. Thank you for the clear and precise explanation, I would argue that the nerf did not go far enough and there probably should have been a more complete way of countering the ridiculous amount of gold in the economy.

Obsessive Cutesmasher

18,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
Ok tested this out yesterday and found that between 100K and 150K I was earning 50% of the amount. Up until 100K the gold amount is the same as usual. Only thing that sucks is that like hardly any of my friends wanted to keep playing for fun. I still got awhile to go for my robo badge so I like mobbing and ss is really fun to play especially doing themed ss runs like wearing all tails. So I played a few rounds of papa saw got bored, then played hive and had fun. Just wish we could go into gauntlet multiple times because it would be fun trying it with sugar rush ring. I can't wait till the new area opens up. Is it true that Chapter 2 is supposed to open this summer or just rumor? Thanks so much for not having a biased poll on your post.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Red Kutai

Thank you for finally getting this out there. This is the kind of transparency we expect (and certainly still appreciate) in the zOMG! Forum, and I'm glad to see it coming through so clearly... 3nodding

EDIT: I have, rather unceremoniously, barred myself from further Forum interaction tonight. I'll come back with more feedback later, but I really just wanted to let you know how much this meant...
This.^ Thank you for clearing things up.

Familiar Lunatic

Panpan-sama-san-sushie, is it really 90% betwen 100K and 150K, like you say in the OP?
Scobes is the third person I hear saying it's actually 50%. swarf says it's 50% too.

So, someone's doing it wrong :3
Scobes
Ok tested this out yesterday and found that between 100K and 150K I was earning 50% of the amount. Up until 100K the gold amount is the same as usual. Only thing that sucks is that like hardly any of my friends wanted to keep playing for fun. I still got awhile to go for my robo badge so I like mobbing and ss is really fun to play especially doing themed ss runs like wearing all tails. So I played a few rounds of papa saw got bored, then played hive and had fun. Just wish we could go into gauntlet multiple times because it would be fun trying it with sugar rush ring. I can't wait till the new area opens up. Is it true that Chapter 2 is supposed to open this summer or just rumor? Thanks so much for not having a biased poll on your post.
Think your friends would accept taking more time to reach that same 150K "limit", keeping them playing longer but not actually gaining more gold than they currently can?

*bets all his Gold on Summer Chapter 2 being a rumor*
I'm gonna be RICH !11!&!! D<<<<<< tho I'd rather not Dx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas