Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purple Pimp Crusader
Wicc123

Few things before I go:

Disagreement =/= trolling.
Anyone in their senior year at a state university should know the difference between waist and waste.
I fit in where I don't think your solution would work. I posted explaining why. You responded to me giving reasons why I didn't think it would work by telling me to STFU, my opinion isn't as important as yours. That is not the response of an adult.
I never bashed your experience, nor did I bash you, your friends, or anything connected with you. I didn't think your alternative was workable. That's all I did.

Since you asked politely - albeit in a backhandedly bitchy and condescending way - I'll no longer quote you, on the condition that you don't quote me. This has to go both ways.

Few things before I go:

You= Internet Troll
Seriously, have you not read your own post lately? Because you have been pretty much "disagreeing" with anyone who has posted on these last few pages that you've posted on, which has nothing but rude insults and bashes from you. Why don't you just make your own original post with your own opinion, instead of bashing others post, if you enjoy sharing your opinion to everyone so darn much?

Oh no a spelling mistake! Wow you sure proved your point on that one! I'm such a terrible person because I made a few spelling mistakes, and oh my gosh look at that I'm human too! Hey look, I can be a spelling/grammar freak too to your replies, and "only people in this forum with brains and the will to use them." isn't exactly a proper sentence ending now is it? I guess everyone does have brains in this forum; except you obviously, because "the will to use them." wink

No, you don't fit in my post at all, because again, I never asked for your input to begin with nor did I ask to be bashed on! You completely tore apart and disrespected my idea in your first post, and I don't even know you! In my second post I was nice enough to try to explain my situation better to you, and why your/the devs opinion/solution after even considering it/trying it with many of my friends, isn't working for us. But then you still feel the need to go ahead and write even more disrespectful and rude messages, because I tell you that your opinion isn't going to have influence on my experiences and ideas, seriously? Is there an unwritten law that I'm not aware of on how I'm supposed to bow down and agree that your opinion is god, and how no one else can have an opinion that opposes yours or something, in order for you just to leave me alone? I understand that you don't agree with my opinion, and I don't care because I don't agree with yours, get over it seriously!

I'm aloud to say that your opinion isn't as important as mine, because guess what; that was my original post and you were quoting my idea. In this case I'm aloud to not care about your opinion, because again I didn't ask for it and it wasn't the point of my original post, nor did your reply even take into consideration my post, so why should I care about yours? If your post was an original post, that was not quoting and insulting my idea, maybe I would have actually took consideration to your opinion. But again, it wasn't your original post, it was you quoting mine; and because you were extremely disrespectful and rude from the start, of course I'm not going to be happy about it and respect your opinion, because you didn't respect mine. There's a difference between a friendly critique and a complete thread bash, and what you did was a complete thread bash. You had nothing positive to say from the start, and you just assumed that your solution and opinion is the only right way and no other is "workable". I'm guessing as a child you were never taught the meaning of these old sayings; "Before criticizing a man, walk a mile in his shoes" or "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

Yes you did insult me; so far you've said I'm acting "b****y" and a "bratty 14-year-old who thinks they rule the world" I'm sorry but those are pretty immature insult. I never told you to STFU ever, I told you to just stop replying, quoting my posts,and to leave me alone; so please stop putting words into my mouth. I don't care if it's a public forum or not, just because it is doesn't give you the right to be rude and disrespectful to other peoples ideas just because they don't agree with yours. This is NOT a debate forum or a forum for you to bash peoples ideas; this is a zOMG forum that is meant to be a friendly respectful community, that shares one another's experiences while playing zOMG, get help if you have questions about the game, and meet friends or people that you can future crew with.

Ok I'm done now, and I've said my input just as you did in your last post so we are EVEN. And I agree-- " I'll no longer quote you, on the condition that you don't quote me. This has to go BOTH ways" SO STOP QUOTING ME, Thank you. sweatdrop

9,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sublime Spectrum
Purple Pimp Crusader
Sublime Spectrum
she's stating an opinion, and you're being mean by rebuking it. i wouldn't call that "respectable"

So now it's mean to say anything if you don't completely agree with someone? Are we in kindergarten?

And for the record, I never said I was respectable- I said I would respect her request that I not quote her, provided she asked politely.

you're acting like it's kindergarden XDD you keep stating your opinion even when people don't give a s**t.

Actually, I am interested in Purple Pimp Crusader's opinions. I am also interested in Sublime's suggestions. Remember, this is a discussion. There is give and take. Purple Pimp Crusader has provided some very helpful information. Quite honestly, Pan lost me with this new curve. In addition, it helps with the discussion to quote an individual when responding to that person's statements. From what I've read, Purple has been polite and merely has pointed out the flaws in Sublime Spectrum's suggestions. Unfortunately, you and Sublime have taken the base method of debate - attack and ridicule. This change doesn't prevent Sublime from playing with her friends. The fact she will earn less than a 100% is minor if her interest is being with her friends. When I read her remarks, I thought there was a cap and she would be unable to play. That is not the case. She can still earn gold. Sublime seems just frustrated. You, on the other hand, seem just plain nasty. Quite frankly, I've never earned more than 80k in one day on zOMG. I don't have the time. But I am interested.

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
hemmmp ,gimana caranya supaya dapet gold yg banyak . redface
masih baru nih main ginian sweatdrop

Bashful Sex Symbol

zOMG Quickdraw Sal
Actually, I am interested in Purple Pimp Crusader's opinions. I am also interested in Sublime's suggestions. Remember, this is a discussion. There is give and take. Purple Pimp Crusader has provided some very helpful information. Quite honestly, Pan lost me with this new curve. In addition, it helps with the discussion to quote an individual when responding to that person's statements. From what I've read, Purple has been polite and merely has pointed out the flaws in Sublime Spectrum's suggestions. Unfortunately, you and Sublime have taken the base method of debate - attack and ridicule. This change doesn't prevent Sublime from playing with her friends. The fact she will earn less than a 100% is minor if her interest is being with her friends. When I read her remarks, I thought there was a cap and she would be unable to play. That is not the case. She can still earn gold. Sublime seems just frustrated. You, on the other hand, seem just plain nasty. Quite frankly, I've never earned more than 80k in one day on zOMG. I don't have the time. But I am interested.

It was Wicc to whom I was originally responding, not Sublime- Sublime jumped in on Wicc's side afterwards. Thank you for your support, but this is getting a bit too off-topic; it would be best just to leave the argument where it is, before it devolves into a flame war of whatever degree.

Gracious Conversationalist

Panagrammic
Updated: Fixed the 50% glitch and a couple other things; the curve still resets at 0:00 GMT. Based on user feedback, we're experimenting with making the granting more gradual. The current formula is:

100% up to 80k
thereafter it is max(0.20, 1.0 - ((earned - 80000) / 150000))

Note that this grants more gold than the previous curve and there isn't a sharp cliff. It looks like what we'll have to do is adjust the difficult of EB / Papa Saw upwards in order to prevent them from getting farmed. After we make those changes, we'll remove the curve if the gold has dropped down to a reasonable amount.

We appreciate the levelheaded level of discourse, and thank you for your understanding. I'm going to mention something at the behest of Customer Service, even though I don't believe that there is anyone in the zOMG community that would do this: using mules for the purpose of earning gold and funneling gold to one account is considered against the TOS. If the admins see a bunch of people running mules they would issue warnings / bans / whatnot, so they did want me to give fair warning to everyone.

Original:
Before starting off: if you want to blame anyone for this change, blame the Gold Grant Committee, or blame me if you need a personification. We're adjusting gold grants throughout the site, and zOMG was part of it recently -- just wanted to try and give some more information about what is going on. My journal has more backstory if you're interested.

What Were The Exact Changes?
100% earnings up to 100k; 90% earnings from 100k - 150k; 10% earnings post 150k. Resets daily at a set time -- I think 0:00 GMT, but I'd have to check the code. Someone doing sEB will hit the 10% limit in about three hours, although possibly less.

How Did You Pick Those Numbers?
We took a sample day -- 3/6. A total of 13k+ players played on that day. Taking all players and looking at the very top, there were 169 players that made 150k or more, just a touch over 1%. This was the source of "1% of players should be affected." The high player on 3/6 made a bit under 1m gold with 10 sEB runs, and the top 169 players made 25% of the zOMG gold granted on that day.

Why Are You Picking on zOMG?
zOMG is the largest single source of gold generated on the site, both in absolute terms and in terms of players / gold. We're reducing both zOMG and BG in order to bring their proportions more in line with the rest of the site. We're fine with CL 10.0 zOMG paying better than anything else -- we just don't want it to be magnitudes better than anything else.

But Why Pick On It Now?
Remember that what we want to do is drive more users to zOMG -- we're going to start testing it on the new user home page, increasing integration via item exchange, so on and so forth. We want to increase the amount of gold that new users get, but we need to get that gold from somewhere. It seemed to make sense to adjust the curve at the high end to provide more leeway for the low end.

But The Curve Takes All My !@@#!@#! Gold
As long as the total amount of gold given out is reasonable, we're fine with adjusting the shape of the curve or the way that it's implemented. There are two current issues with this one: a) it doesn't report properly in the client, and b) the cliff is a bit shocking when you finally hit it. Using a more gradual exponential or cubic curve may work better.

Looking at the curve over time, the question here is a) when does it start to kick in, and b) when does it reduce to minimum. The current curve kicks in immediately at 2 or 3 hours; we could instead flatten it out so that you would have to play 12 hours to get the maximum amount of gold.

Gamewise, there are also options: taking EB as an example, we could reduce the payout or change it so speed runs are no longer possible.

But It Won't Help Because Of All The Gold Given Out
We have goldsinks planned, but we're planning zOMG and BG specific gold sinks to help drain out the gold.

I'll update OP as necessary based on any common questions.

It just seems to me that the only feed back or people gaia wants to hear from on this subject are those that support the nerf and changes.

The rest of us don't count and are not being asked or heard.

Panagrammic
Updated: Fixed the 50% glitch and a couple other things; the curve still resets at 0:00 GMT. Based on user feedback, we're experimenting with making the granting more gradual. The current formula is:

100% up to 80k
thereafter it is max(0.20, 1.0 - ((earned - 80000) / 150000))

Note that this grants more gold than the previous curve and there isn't a sharp cliff. It looks like what we'll have to do is adjust the difficult of EB / Papa Saw upwards in order to prevent them from getting farmed. After we make those changes, we'll remove the curve if the gold has dropped down to a reasonable amount.

We appreciate the levelheaded level of discourse, and thank you for your understanding. I'm going to mention something at the behest of Customer Service, even though I don't believe that there is anyone in the zOMG community that would do this: using mules for the purpose of earning gold and funneling gold to one account is considered against the TOS. If the admins see a bunch of people running mules they would issue warnings / bans / whatnot, so they did want me to give fair warning to everyone.

Original:
Before starting off: if you want to blame anyone for this change, blame the Gold Grant Committee, or blame me if you need a personification. We're adjusting gold grants throughout the site, and zOMG was part of it recently -- just wanted to try and give some more information about what is going on. My journal has more backstory if you're interested.

What Were The Exact Changes?
100% earnings up to 100k; 90% earnings from 100k - 150k; 10% earnings post 150k. Resets daily at a set time -- I think 0:00 GMT, but I'd have to check the code. Someone doing sEB will hit the 10% limit in about three hours, although possibly less.

How Did You Pick Those Numbers?
We took a sample day -- 3/6. A total of 13k+ players played on that day. Taking all players and looking at the very top, there were 169 players that made 150k or more, just a touch over 1%. This was the source of "1% of players should be affected." The high player on 3/6 made a bit under 1m gold with 10 sEB runs, and the top 169 players made 25% of the zOMG gold granted on that day.

Why Are You Picking on zOMG?
zOMG is the largest single source of gold generated on the site, both in absolute terms and in terms of players / gold. We're reducing both zOMG and BG in order to bring their proportions more in line with the rest of the site. We're fine with CL 10.0 zOMG paying better than anything else -- we just don't want it to be magnitudes better than anything else.

But Why Pick On It Now?
Remember that what we want to do is drive more users to zOMG -- we're going to start testing it on the new user home page, increasing integration via item exchange, so on and so forth. We want to increase the amount of gold that new users get, but we need to get that gold from somewhere. It seemed to make sense to adjust the curve at the high end to provide more leeway for the low end.

But The Curve Takes All My !@@#!@#! Gold
As long as the total amount of gold given out is reasonable, we're fine with adjusting the shape of the curve or the way that it's implemented. There are two current issues with this one: a) it doesn't report properly in the client, and b) the cliff is a bit shocking when you finally hit it. Using a more gradual exponential or cubic curve may work better.

Looking at the curve over time, the question here is a) when does it start to kick in, and b) when does it reduce to minimum. The current curve kicks in immediately at 2 or 3 hours; we could instead flatten it out so that you would have to play 12 hours to get the maximum amount of gold.

Gamewise, there are also options: taking EB as an example, we could reduce the payout or change it so speed runs are no longer possible.

But It Won't Help Because Of All The Gold Given Out
We have goldsinks planned, but we're planning zOMG and BG specific gold sinks to help drain out the gold.

I'll update OP as necessary based on any common questions.

Also,

here is some of the people that gaia and developers haven't asked and have not listened to.

In this Petition Thread

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/nurf-removal-gold-nurf/t.70260559_1/#1

Fanatical Consumer

Angel_Candy me
It just seems to me that the only feed back or people gaia wants to hear from on this subject are those that support the nerf and changes.

Obviously you haven't been in the zOMG! Forum within the last week or so. People would not stop bitching about the nerf. The nerf is a good thing. The whole goal of it is to lower the inflation so that people won't need massive amounts of gold to get the items they want. And really, unless you're one of the people who farm for hours on end the nerf really doesn't affect you.

Dangerous Genius

Angel_Candy me
Also,

here is some of the people that gaia and developers haven't asked and have not listened to.

In this Petition Thread

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/nurf-removal-gold-nurf/t.70260559_1/#1
I really doubt your petition will have any effect on the situation. Gaia staff did this to try and slow the rate of inflation. Besides, lining our pockets with gold was never intended as the primary function of zOMG.

Benevolent Codger

Angel_Candy me

Well, dear, something needs to change - that's why the nerf showed up to begin with. zOMG! is giving out too much gold, plain and simple, and any proposal that doesn't resolve that issue simply cannot be considered a viable one. If you do, in fact, have a proposal that reduces the amount of gold zOMG! puts out without nerfing drops, we would all be happy to hear it - but they cannot simply remove the curve, and allow zOMG! to continue producing absurd amounts of gold, which is what it seems like you're really asking. Allowing zOMG! to produce large amounts of gold is bad for Gaia as a whole, so you must understand why the developers will never agree to it - and why, if that's what you really want, there's a very slim chance of you getting your way.

Now, they're currently looking at more indirect ways to limit the gold that zOMG! is able to produce - forcing players to take longer to obtain rewards, for instance. That will still limit the amount of gold you're able to obtain (because, again, it needs to be limited), but it will do so without a direct nerf. If those types of solutions would prove more acceptable to you, then supplying feedback and suggestions for those types of changes will help to ensure that they can change the game sufficiently to make the curve unnecessary. However, if all you're really interested in is the amount of gold you're able to get, you have to realise that your desires are in opposition to Gaia's, and it shouldn't be very difficult, then, to predict whose will prevail.

So, yes; you're right that anti-nerf sentiments are liable to fall on deaf ears. You'll either have to adjust your thinking to accept that you'll be receiving less gold - and determine in what ways it would be most acceptable for that to happen - or accept that you're actually pushing forward a petition that is harmful to Gaia as a whole, and understand why it is that you're not being heeded. The question here is "How do we stop zOMG! from producing too much gold?" The reason you're not being heard is that you're not answering the question...
I really, really want to know who the number one player on 3/6 is xD

Red Kutai
Angel_Candy me

Well, dear, something needs to change - that's why the nerf showed up to begin with. zOMG! is giving out too much gold, plain and simple, and any proposal that doesn't resolve that issue simply cannot be considered a viable one. If you do, in fact, have a proposal that reduces the amount of gold zOMG! puts out without nerfing drops, we would all be happy to hear it - but they cannot simply remove the curve, and allow zOMG! to continue producing absurd amounts of gold, which is what it seems like you're really asking. Allowing zOMG! to produce large amounts of gold is bad for Gaia as a whole, so you must understand why the developers will never agree to it - and why, if that's what you really want, there's a very slim chance of you getting your way.

Now, they're currently looking at more indirect ways to limit the gold that zOMG! is able to produce - forcing players to take longer to obtain rewards, for instance. That will still limit the amount of gold you're able to obtain (because, again, it needs to be limited), but it will do so without a direct nerf. If those types of solutions would prove more acceptable to you, then supplying feedback and suggestions for those types of changes will help to ensure that they can change the game sufficiently to make the curve unnecessary. However, if all you're really interested in is the amount of gold you're able to get, you have to realise that your desires are in opposition to Gaia's, and it shouldn't be very difficult, then, to predict whose will prevail.

So, yes; you're right that anti-nerf sentiments are liable to fall on deaf ears. You'll either have to adjust your thinking to accept that you'll be receiving less gold - and determine in what ways it would be most acceptable for that to happen - or accept that you're actually pushing forward a petition that is harmful to Gaia as a whole, and understand why it is that you're not being heeded. The question here is "How do we stop zOMG! from producing too much gold?" The reason you're not being heard is that you're not answering the question...

I do not beleive that zOMG produces too much gold.

I do not agree.

I do not think it is too much, actually I don't think it was enoughe.

And the only ones being heard are the ones that have rallied for support of the nerf and changes.

It is a one sided fix' and KARMA will see it develope.

Benevolent Codger

Angel_Candy me
Red Kutai
Angel_Candy me

I do not agree.

And the only ones being heard are the ones that have rallied for support of the nerf and changes.

Your beliefs and disagreements have very little bearing on the facts, dear. Until you're able to accept the fact that zOMG! is producing too much gold, then you have to accept that you don't fully understand the question to begin with. And, somehow, you're upset that the developers are not heeding your non-answer to a question that you don't even understand? confused

Again, denying the facts won't change them. The developers would love to have your feedback on the situation, once your opinions are actually based in reality. Of course, you're free to maintain a fictitious view of how the game 'should be', but you can't reasonably expect anyone else to indulge that fiction. I won't force understanding onto you (as if I could), but it's your choice between understanding the problem and aiding the developers and the community in finding a solution for it, and denying the problem and decrying the reasonable action taken to solve it. It is, as I've said, your choice...

Red Kutai
Angel_Candy me
Red Kutai
Angel_Candy me

I do not agree.

Your beliefs and disagreements have very little bearing on the facts, dear. Until you're able to accept the fact that zOMG! is producing too much gold, then you have to accept that you don't fully understand the question to begin with. And, somehow, you're upset that the developers are not heeding your non-answer to a question that you don't even understand? confused

Again, denying the facts won't change them. The developers would love to have your feedback on the situation, once your opinions are actually based in reality. Of course, you're free to maintain a fictitious view of how the game 'should be', but you can't reasonably expect anyone else to indulge that fiction. I won't force understanding onto you (as if I could), but it's your choice between understanding the problem and aiding the developers and the community in finding a solution for it, and denying the problem and decrying the reasonable action taken to solve it. It is, as I've said, your choice...

By what guiedeline? lol- Where are you getting this 'Gold-Outline' of what is the right amount to be dropped?

No one has answered this - What is the designated 'right' amount of gold?

(For you to say zOMG is giving too much gold, You have to SHOW PROOF of a kind of OFFICIAL something that OFFICIALLY states and shows WHAT the right amount is...and what amounts are being given out that are too high.

Where is this OFFICIAL GUIDE to gold drop amounts for zOMG?

There are alot of unanswered questions.
Show Me The Facts... What facts? I hear all this being 'hot-worded', but it is not a fact to be seen.

Let's start here;

We NEED TO KNOW:
1. We have to know what it should have been
2. What is was (that is assumed to be too high by some)
3. And where it should be?

Mister Male
Angel_Candy me

Obviously you haven't been in the zOMG! Forum within the last week or so. People would not stop bitching about the nerf. The nerf is a good thing. The whole goal of it is to lower the inflation so that people won't need massive amounts of gold to get the items they want. And really, unless you're one of the people who farm for hours on end the nerf really doesn't affect you.

Those forums don't really count as GAIA unless someone form GAIA makes a presence.

They are deaf walls if you're wanting answers.

Otherwises they are just sound off's.

Fanatical Consumer

Angel_Candy me
Mister Male
Angel_Candy me

Those forums don't really count as GAIA unless someone form GAIA makes a presence.

They are deaf walls if you're wanting answers.

Otherwises they are just sound off's.

Gaia developers make appearences all the time. The developers explained that zOMG! produced a large percentage of one week's gold output. And this wasn't the first time this happened. The percentage was too large to be left alone, so the gold was nerfed.You have no evidence backing up any of your arguements, which are more like tantrums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff