Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Smasher

Even if my skills are horrible, I MUST ENTER!!! scream

Witty Shapeshifter

Thanks for the clarification, JK!

I've... gotten a sketch together for an image. I think. I just need to go get me a proper ref of the Otami Throne room... >A>

One moar question before I proceed, though... Can the splash pages involve Gaian avatars?

I have one sketch I'd started a while ago that was a ginormous group battle pic of Gaians vs. Giftboxes, and some of the people are fairly detailed. Or should any avvies included in the images be sort of obscure and not really discernable?
Kaitan Guo
Can the splash pages involve Gaian avatars?

Personally I believe an image with user avatars is acceptable as long as:

1) All the pictured users consent to having their likeness submitted to the contest
2) None of the avatars have a written username next to them

Make sure the final result meets submission guidelines and your work will be set for contest judgement.

8,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Signature Look 250
Kats Kokeshi Doll
Holy crap, that's huge. xD There's no way I'm going to be able to draw anything in a canvas that huge.

I know, I just started mine and I'm having a little hard time adjusting... it's the first time I'm using a canvas this big.

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
I give up x_x. Times like this make me wish I knew how to draw.
My little garlies are done.. *snickers- I think they came out... nicer than I thought they would. 3nodding

Now for the hardest part.. a background. sweatdrop

3,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
oh this sounds fun
time to put those background-making skills storyboarding taught me to use >A>
User Image

If we can submit more than one, I'm totally going to attempt another. whee
Also, the signature is there just for the resized image.. its it's own layer in the PSD file, so it's 100% removable. xd

//EDIT: Haha. In the process of fixing up a last few stray things, I deleted the Gaia signature layer. Whoops. sweatdrop
Hope that's not an issue. If it is I'll put it back. >3>;

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I am SO boned. That's awesome Shakkaho!!!!

*edit: Started painting a background to scan in, will probably paint, scan and clip in the foreground stuff much later... I hope it measures up to all of your amazing digital art!
Haha. Thanks. heart

I think I might do another one... if we can enter more than once.. ^^

Witty Shapeshifter

ASDFGHJKL; that's so CUTE. OMG. XD I want to hug them. ;o;

I've only got the inks on mine done. I'll likely mess around with the filters and effects before I go to town coloring. Hopefully that won't take forever. x-x;

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
Shakkaho
User Image

If we can submit more than one, I'm totally going to attempt another. whee
Also, the signature is there just for the resized image.. its it's own layer in the PSD file, so it's 100% removable. xd

//EDIT: Haha. In the process of fixing up a last few stray things, I deleted the Gaia signature layer. Whoops. sweatdrop
Hope that's not an issue. If it is I'll put it back. >3>;
I thought our picture had to be huge! D: How come yours is so small?

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Lol Kat, that's because there is a tiny little part in the OP that says they want a downsized version posted to the thread as well wink Sorry, you still have to make that huge version!

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
Nurannoniel
Lol Kat, that's because there is a tiny little part in the OP that says they want a downsized version posted to the thread as well wink Sorry, you still have to make that huge version!
Damn. ;~; I would be able to do suuuuch a better one if the dimensions weren't so huge. Off to failing again~
Kats Kokeshi Doll
Nurannoniel
Damn. ;~; I would be able to do suuuuch a better one if the dimensions weren't so huge. Off to failing again~

I want to see yours when it's done. x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces