Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
bronstahd
EmperorZensekai

Rofl, is it only the zOMG artists judging then? xd

yay at least I have a strange back up in case I don't finish in time. Slow artist with finals ftw.

Definitely will be the artists. They have a much better sense of these things than I, after all. smile

ooouuwwwww, Jenzee too?
I got my work cut out for me then @_@... I need clones... lots of them.

Val all you coder types should draw something, I am curious as to what it'd look like xd

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Okay, so pardon my uncertain-ness with the technical aspects, but would something like a scanned watercolour/acrylic be acceptable if it's digitally touched up before submission? (I can do digital from scratch but it's not my best skill set...)

Also, what is the contest's splash page for exactly? Are we only supposed to make one of anything we want, or are similar style pages needed for all splash pages?
Hell, I'm doing it. xd Sounds amazingly fun. ouo <3
It's going to be so hard to pick just one topic though. ;A;
Hmm.. maybe we need to update the contest announcement with more details. I'll try to answer all art related questions regarding this contest, but if I don't get to your question, just PM me.

@Shakkaho, 72 dpi or pixels per inch

@MaxsAnjo, nope.. the plan is that these artworks will be randomly cycled through and uploaded among all splash screens.

@Valheita, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. You should start to practice singing though just in case.

@Tasn Zheng, and maybe also practice dancing.

@[ Person Man ], it can done in any style.

@Kaitan Guo, it could be pre-existing art. Just make sure that it's the right size.

@Kats Kokeshi Doll, I suppose it'll be okay if it's a joint entry, however you'll only recieve 1 prize for winning. Also, it doesn't need to be from any boss area. As long as it's something relating to zOMG... the background could be about anything.

@gataka, we'll need to get back to you on that rule, but it should be alright. It's not like we handing out real money here.

@Nurannoniel, yes, you could scan traditional artwork and touch it up. Also, you don't need to follow the art-style found in the game. And we'll randomly upload them into various splash pages.
Oh, forgot to ask.
May we also enter NPCs that are supposed to be for the next chapter or have been mentioned/seen in the NPC montage (ex: Sweet Shot and the as-of-yet unused NPCs)?
And also--does it need to be NPCs/Animated or can it be users w/ ring animations/other tie-ins to zOMG? (I have a feeling that both answers are yes, but I really want to make sure before I start this. XD; )

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Oh perfect! Thank you so much [ JK ]!!! biggrin

*goes to start sketching ideas*

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
Alright, by related to zOMG could it have to do with some past Gaia plot?

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
Gah, I'm so lame. Can anyone give me just a blank 2136 by 1110 image to use? I can't seem to get the dimensions right. xD

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
so it can be any of the splash screens that are in-game?

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
[ JK ]
Nespin Fernagon
How I WISH I knew how to art.

No worries, we'll have other zOMG contests for people who can't draw.
I lol'd at that. Just the way ya came off like it wasn't no big thing. xD

I might enter but my submission wont be worked on for a bit. (Work and School) o.e

8,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Signature Look 250
Can we fill the whole 2136x1110 or do we have to put a sort of a black margin like that on the example in first page?
@Jer0nim0, yes and yes.

@Kats Kokeshi Doll, I suppose if it was shown in the intro then yes, but that's stretching it. smile

@scullylam, yes, the submission could be used for any splash screens in the game.

@Xinned, yes, you could use the whole 2136 x 1110 area.

Distinct Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie For All! 300
Nespin Fernagon
How I WISH I knew how to art.

as do i emo
Good luck creative people! heart

Hilarious Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
is it possible to make more than one design for the contest?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff