Welcome to Gaia! ::

glad to hear that, it was something i pondered for a long time smile
if you could be more transparent with your plans in the future, lack of info makes rumors grow ninja

Eloquent Lunatic

Qixter
Hey there zOMGaians!

Rings and monster attacks are changing *significantly* in the near future. We're trying out all sorts of new ideas, including (but definitely NOT limited to the following list):

- As you charge up Rage Ranks, your ring effects change. Bigger AoEs, new abilities added on, etc. All the rings are changed significantly. Do *not* expect the current balance situation to be true. (But don't forget the "SWAP" feature so you try out different rings easily!)

- Monsters are smarter now and they do crafty little things now. Some of them heal each other, others use Fear on you, a number of them have stat debuffing abilities, etc.

- The armor system is rewritten. There are many useful armor rings now, not just Rock Armor and their impact is different. (Details forthcoming as we get closer to update time.)

This is just a sample of what's coming. Full details of all the changes will be posted before we update so you can be prepared for the changes, but I wanted to give you a nice and early "heads-up" about it.

-- Q.

(This thread left intentionally unlocked for discussion.)
sounds good.. but I foresee many bugs resulting from the update though
.. speaking about updates, any hints as to the ETA of this fabulous update might be?

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I don't see any explosions in this update. P:
Maybe you skipped out on that detail in this post.

Regardless. . .
Quote:
- Monsters are smarter now and they do crafty little things now. Some of them heal each other, others use Fear on you, a number of them have stat debuffing abilities, etc.

I'm scared!

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yay for employing actual strategy! Rage rank overhaul sounds like what you originally inteded g'hi to be. If it doesn't make me, crash i'm all for it. ninja

~Amara
Fou_Lu
.. speaking about updates, any hints as to the ETA of this fabulous update might be?
Do you know what you're seeing here...

:/ how presumptuous
Fantastic!
Sounds good. Can't wait to see the changes.

But those new abilities you're talking about for the animated, will that include the ones in Shallow Seas as well? Because those buggers are a pain already.

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I can't wait to seem my avatar running away from animated that cast a fear effect on me. It will be really interesting to see, that it will.

Eloquent Lunatic

PowderedVinegar
Fou_Lu

Fantastic!
not really, most major updates usually create bugs in the system as they affect other parts of the system.. so it's pretty easy to assume that an update of this caliber will also have bugs of its own as well

Eloquent Lunatic

Uron Teff
I can't wait to seem my avatar running away from animated that cast a fear effect on me. It will be really interesting to see, that it will.
oh I think I'd pay to see that one.. you running in fear from something silly like an air fluff

Priceless xd
Fou_Lu
PowderedVinegar
Fou_Lu

Fantastic!
not really, most major updates usually create bugs in the system as they affect other parts of the system.. so it's pretty easy to assume that an update of this caliber will also have bugs of its own as well

it was negative, and still presumptuous.
Fantastic!

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

I think that the two first points can either be good if played well. Animateds healing each other will cause some rage to some people, but I always enjoyed seeing how smart the enemies of this game are. Making them smarter sounds always as a good thing to me, but it might depend. Let's hope they don't make their debuffs stackable by mistake.
Also, I don't like the sound of Fear. It's not supposed to be a stat debuff, so considering scaredy cat, this might be an effect to make our avatar run away. I don't like that possibility, it will surely create goddamn bats amongst the animated for the entire community. Not that it would bother CREWERS, amirite? Just don't overdo it.

The armor thing... They are on to rock people. That ring's reign is doomed.
Hopefully, they'll turn Imp. Field, Teflon and Adrenaline up a notch enough to compensate or something. *wink wink*
Or maybe the rings end up getting on equal footing. The community would hardly use them all equally, but as long as they are all visibly used enough, that's their goal and a reason for them to stop tweaking stuff.

Invisible Poster

7,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
So some animated are going to have more attacks
That are similar to rings?

-Animated Healing Each Other --- Diagnose/Bandage
-Animated Giving You Fear --- Scaredy Cat
-Debuffing Abilities --- ....This one I don't know
anbu-of-sand
-Debuffing Abilities --- ....This one I don't know
Shuriken, gumshoe, HWB, etc.

@update- O SHIZZLES!

This update is sounding quite sexy. Healing animated? Fear that's implanted in US? omai omai.
Fou_Lu
PowderedVinegar
Fou_Lu

Fantastic!
All major updates create some sort of bug. Major bugs are normally fixed by the developers within a few weeks time, if not less.

But ALWAYS expect a big fat server lag after any update. XD

Eloquent Lunatic

PowderedVinegar
Fou_Lu
PowderedVinegar
Fou_Lu

Fantastic!

it was negative, and still presumptuous.
Fantastic!
and when the update proves me wrong and there are no resulting bugs I will PM you the apology stating I was wrong

you're suggesting that the connotation of my tone signifies that I'm expecting the whole update to be bad... sorry to disappoint you but you're wrong on that one, using past updates as my reference point I'm simply stating a fact.. that there's always a balance and something this good will have a side effect on the system

but this discussion can wait for another thread.. we should be celebrating this news, not bogging it up with negative nit pickings of other Gaians... yes?

Fashionable Elder

6,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
I cant wait to see the new rage system. but just all of this puts my videos on hold though lmao.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games