What you will like more?

PvP 0.27491408934708 27.5% [ 80 ]
Pet System 0.36082474226804 36.1% [ 105 ]
Clan Areas 0.079037800687285 7.9% [ 23 ]
Pollwhoring with NPCs? 0.28522336769759 28.5% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 291 ]

cool biggrin wink xp
Area: Items, IE; Pricing.

Summary: The way it is right now. The items they are offering to sell us for gaian cash is way to over priced for their insignificant use. I will admit it is true you can play this game without buying any of their items, but we all know they want some money out of it. I'd say right now, the recharge/supercharge items are fine, They are cheap and only act as something like a potion with a very nice cool down. Ring buffers are also ok, it's 2$ for 20 hours, that's not bad plus, it's in no way needed for the game.
But when I look at double orb (deluxe) I begin to laugh. $7.50 for an Item that is not needed in the game? But it is easily the most useful because it's end result is permanent, once you have the orbs you can't lose them. And once you have your 8 favorite rings at 10.0 you don't officially need any more orbs. But as we all know, at some point there will be more areas, we'll need stronger rings up to 15 and maybe some day 20. So orb stocking isn't a bad thing. Plus some people will like to create as many rings as they can to 10.0 so they can have fun and change their rolls. And other people will like to create alternate sets at 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc for old bosses.

Explanation: Every decent MMOrpg in some way charges money. Certain games require you to pay for monthly use, but that's just it. All the good games charge for monthly use. Right now gaia is trying to charge us $7.50 for only 20 hours of use, while most other web based MMOs charge $7.50, the exact same price, but for monthly use. Right now gaia is charging us ABOUT 30x the amount any other MMO charges.
So my over all suggestion would be to make the double orb items into 15 day and 30 day increments. They will be an automatic item that inflicts your character once purchased. And lasts for 15 or 30 days. Once that 15 or 30 day period is up, it is no longer in effect and you only gain the normal amount of orbs.

Examples: Just gonna give 3 or so comparisons.
In games like gunbound, you buy "power user" for 5-7$ The effects of this item causes you to earn more GP for rank, more gold for Items. Advantages to your room and other effects. And it lasts, 30 days. 30x24=720 hours of use. $7.00 / 720 hours = .96 cents per hour. That's just under 1 cent an hour!

In WoW. Currently the most favored MMO around the world. It is true you can't play the game for free and without paying, but for a game of its size it goes without saying. But in the end their rate is only 15$ / 720 hours = 2.08 cents per hour for a game that offers 1,000,000x more content then Zomg.

And the worst for last comparison. A game that I hate but some people love and just about everyone knows of it. Rune scape charges about 8$s (last time i checked, 3 years ago?) Which gives access to 1,000s and 1,000s more of content. Their rate is 8$ / 720 hours = 1.11 cents per hour

And here's what gaia wants us to pay, for just 1 item, for just 20 hours. $7.50 / 20 hours = 37.5 cents an hour!!! again, like I said. they charge more then even WoW! Depressing. But like I said, if they were to move the length to 15 or 30 days. They'd end up more with a rate of $7.50 / 720 days = 1.04 cents per hour. A perfect comparison to every other MMO.

Distinct Warlord

silfer
Area: Items, IE; Pricing.

Summary: The way it is right now. The items they are offering to sell us for gaian cash is way to over priced for their insignificant use. I will admit it is true you can play this game without buying any of their items, but we all know they want some money out of it. I'd say right now, the recharge/supercharge items are fine, They are cheap and only act as something like a potion with a very nice cool down. Ring buffers are also ok, it's 2$ for 20 hours, that's not bad plus, it's in no way needed for the game.
But when I look at double orb (deluxe) I begin to laugh. $7.50 for an Item that is not needed in the game? But it is easily the most useful because it's end result is permanent, once you have the orbs you can't lose them. And once you have your 8 favorite rings at 10.0 you don't officially need any more orbs. But as we all know, at some point there will be more areas, we'll need stronger rings up to 15 and maybe some day 20. So orb stocking isn't a bad thing. Plus some people will like to create as many rings as they can to 10.0 so they can have fun and change their rolls. And other people will like to create alternate sets at 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc for old bosses.

Explanation: Every decent MMOrpg in some way charges money. Certain games require you to pay for monthly use, but that's just it. All the good games charge for monthly use. Right now gaia is trying to charge us $7.50 for only 20 hours of use, while most other web based MMOs charge $7.50, the exact same price, but for monthly use. Right now gaia is charging us ABOUT 30x the amount any other MMO charges.
So my over all suggestion would be to make the double orb items into 15 day and 30 day increments. They will be an automatic item that inflicts your character once purchased. And lasts for 15 or 30 days. Once that 15 or 30 day period is up, it is no longer in effect and you only gain the normal amount of orbs.

Examples: Just gonna give 3 or so comparisons.
In games like gunbound, you buy "power user" for 5-7$ The effects of this item causes you to earn more GP for rank, more gold for Items. Advantages to your room and other effects. And it lasts, 30 days. 30x24=720 hours of use. $7.00 / 720 hours = .96 cents per hour. That's just under 1 cent an hour!

In WoW. Currently the most favored MMO around the world. It is true you can't play the game for free and without paying, but for a game of its size it goes without saying. But in the end their rate is only 15$ / 720 hours = 2.08 cents per hour for a game that offers 1,000,000x more content then Zomg.

And the worst for last comparison. A game that I hate but some people love and just about everyone knows of it. Rune scape charges about 8$s (last time i checked, 3 years ago?) Which gives access to 1,000s and 1,000s more of content. Their rate is 8$ / 720 hours = 1.11 cents per hour

And here's what gaia wants us to pay, for just 1 item, for just 20 hours. $7.50 / 20 hours = 37.5 cents an hour!!! again, like I said. they charge more then even WoW! Depressing. But like I said, if they were to move the length to 15 or 30 days. They'd end up more with a rate of $7.50 / 720 days = 1.04 cents per hour. A perfect comparison to every other MMO.

This is not the place for this kind of issues.
Ungoliath

Um, really? Because I do believe it's a suggestion. Not a bug nor a glitch. For something referring to zOMG.... hmmmms.

Distinct Warlord

silfer
Ungoliath

Um, really? Because I do believe it's a suggestion. Not a bug nor a glitch. For something referring to zOMG.... hmmmms.

You have to read again some things, and I don't want to be rude about the subject. This thread is meant to add things for the game, not to discuss the ones that are ALREADY in game.

This place is not to talk neither about some decided issues. Also, you wont have that much feedback. I suggest that maybe you should make your own thread to have better answers and more attention.

And to add something without sense, you didn't filled the form xd
Ungoliath
silfer
Ungoliath

You have to read again some things, and I don't want to be rude about the subject. This thread is meant to add things for the game, not to discuss the ones that are ALREADY in game.

This place is not to talk neither about some decided issues. Also, you wont have that much feedback. I suggest that maybe you should make your own thread to have better answers and more attention.

And to add something without sense, you didn't filled the form xd

So far the game is still "Beta". 90% of anything they are going to change is what's already in the game. Not suggestions of what people want to add.

Distinct Warlord

silfer
So far the game is still "Beta". 90% of anything they are going to change is what's already in the game. Not suggestions of what people want to add.

It's why this thread lacks yet of dev posts wink This thread is not meant to be FOR the beta, but AFTER it. I made it just because to gave users more time to suggest.
Ungoliath
silfer

It's why this thread lacks yet of dev posts wink This thread is not meant to be FOR the beta, but AFTER it. I made it just because to gave users more time to suggest.

Kid, there's only one suggestion sticky for a reason. Think logically, what good is it for them to sticky this already? That may be your intention but, thinking logically, they made it a sticky to get the few good suggestions to add for release. Whens the best time to add something to a game. Pre-release or Post.... I wonder....

rhiakrista's Husband

Dapper Elder

Dude, stop freakin' arguing with the one person in this thread who can kick your a** out. If the CREATOR says this is not the place for that, guess what? This is not the place for that End of discussion. Period. Fin.
And no, I have absolutely no intention of continuing to argue the subject with you. SO, feel free to respond if you want, but it won't help.

[.:User Image:.]

Distinct Warlord

I need to find a way to make the front page somekind of FORCED reading sad

8,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
silfer
Ungoliath
silfer

Kid, there's only one suggestion sticky for a reason. Think logically, what good is it for them to sticky this already? That may be your intention but, thinking logically, they made it a sticky to get the few good suggestions to add for release. Whens the best time to add something to a game. Pre-release or Post.... I wonder....

You still fail on the whole it's a DECIDED ISSUE thing. As in, even if you make a thread for said suggestion, it might wind up locked or ignored. =D
And I think Ungo would know why this is stickied because it's...his thread
The Form

Area: Area/Quest: Save Gambino & Edmund from the Grombies (well, in Gambino's Mansion)
Summary: Gambino & Edmund are trapped within the structure of Gambino's Mansion trying to find the final ounces of the Serum 3A, but were captured by Grombies and are separated into 2 different areas of the Mansion. Your objective is to rescue the both of them. This quest can only be activated when talking to Gino outside of Barton, and you can only enter the Mansion when GTS Time is 12 AM/PM and closes at 6 AM/PM. Just wait until it's 12 again.
Explanation: There are 2 entrances to this area, so you cannot really solo this completely (you can but you need to go back through the other entrance). The crew must split up and search each 1/2 of the area (if you have a crew). There are many hallways to go through, rooms to enter and enemy Grombies lurking around each corner. There are 2 separate rooms where Gambino and Edmund are held in, but once you rescue them, they tell you that the only exit there is in the Main Corridor (which is where the crew reunites, but if you solo this, Gambino/Edmund wait in the MC until you bring the other one along). Once you crew meets in the Main Corridor, Edmund & Gambino make a run for it and shut the door... By now Grombies have heard the sounds and immidiately go to the Main Corridor, so have your crew ready to fight for their lives!
Pictures and Examples Battle Explanation: this is just like the Hive, except the # of Grombies appearing is 10x the amount of what Hive spawns out. Once your crew has gone through at least 20 rounds of fighting, the quest is finished. Talk to Gino for your reward (100 Orbs/1k) & go give Gambino/Edmund a good talking to...

The Form

Area: Animated: Grombie
Summary: Though weak in HP (500 HP), Offense and Speed, these creatures can come in large groups, making these guys hard to wipe out.
Explanation: Offense moves: Cling (Short Range, causes DoT), Terrifying Stare (Long Range Stun effect), Necromance (20% of Grombies reviving), Eat Brain (does 10% damage of your max HP).
Pictures and Examples***WARNING: Please keep note in not using Fire Rain/Hot Foot on Grombies. These Rings would cause the Status Effect "On Fire". There is nothing worse than having a flaming Grombie chasing you... it just causes extra DoT damage for both you & Grombie when it's close up...

rhiakrista's Husband

Dapper Elder

Only 12pm? That seems kinda... inclusive, no? Should give at least a couple times a day to get in. Though the mission does sound kinda fun... even though 'soloers' will continue o gripe about one more quest they cannot do!

[.:User Image:.]
Changed it. Soloers can now go for it, except they have to go all the way back and start at the other entrance.

EDIT: Thanks for thinking that it's fun! I thought people would hate to fight undead Grombies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff