16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
hey, does someone want to do dms? i dont have a lot of experience, only been in a few times. i want to complete the kamilla quest though xP

Do you still need help? sweatdrop

i actually, after an hour of loitering, found a pretty good crew. i jsut figured it cant hurt posting here since everyone sitting outside dmp is looking for cl 11+

Well, I'm glad for you. Feel free to ask for help though if you ever need it. 3nodding

Dark Light Doom's One That Got Away

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
hey, does someone want to do dms? i dont have a lot of experience, only been in a few times. i want to complete the kamilla quest though xP

i actually, after an hour of loitering, found a pretty good crew. i jsut figured it cant hurt posting here since everyone sitting outside dmp is looking for cl 11+

Well, I'm glad for you. Feel free to ask for help though if you ever need it. 3nodding

I'm also available for DMS time. It might actually get me online more if I had someone to hang out on zOMG with again.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Darkened Fay
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

I'm also available for DMS time. It might actually get me online more if I had someone to hang out on zOMG with again.

i think i actually crewed with you and silk yesterday...? but yeah, i havent been on in a looong time but ive been going on a lot lately trying to level up. i would love to crew with you guys again!

Dark Light Doom's One That Got Away

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Darkened Fay
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

i think i actually crewed with you and silk yesterday...? but yeah, i havent been on in a looong time but ive been going on a lot lately trying to level up. i would love to crew with you guys again!

You did. Dark Light Doom was there and is in this thread when she can get on too. Let me know some time, I'd like that too. biggrin

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Darkened Fay
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Darkened Fay
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Silk Kanishk
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn

You did. Dark Light Doom was there and is in this thread when she can get on too. Let me know some time, I'd like that too. biggrin

okay, yay! xD

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Chapter 31

1. A return to the time before the progressive era.
2. A period of time when Americans were paranoid of leftists and feared a communist revolution in America.
3. He was an Attorney General who rounded up nearly 6,000 people he suspected of communism during the Red Scare.
4. They used it to ruin unions which were played off as un-American and “Sovietism in disguise.”
5. They were prejudiced because the two were Italians, atheists, anarchists, and draft dodgers. Americans were so strung up in their own way of life that they convicted two men on faulty evidence.
6. The KKK was anti-foreign, anti-Catholic, anti-black, anti-Jewish, anti-pacifist, anti-Communist, anti-internationalist, anti-revolutionist, anti-bootlegger, anti-gambling, anti-adultery, and anti-birth control.
7. The mid-west and South.
8. Embezzlement by Klan officials where $4 out of every $10 initiation fee went back to the local organizers.
9. The quota system set a limit on the number of immigrants from a certain country on a yearly basis. The years were changed because it favored western Europeans to southern and eastern Europeans. Americans hated the latter group because they didn’t speak English and didn’t assimilate easily into “American culture.”
10. It marked the last time immigrants would be able freely enter the U.S.
11. The Volstead Act made the consumption, manufacture, and selling of alcoholic beverages illegal.
12. The south and West.
13. They didn’t consider Americans’ love for strong drink and a government with very weak control.
14. Places where one could get an alcoholic drink during the prohibition.
15. Bank savings increased, workers showed up to work more, and overall less alcohol was consumed during the prohibition era.
16. Because selling and consuming alcohol was illegal, gangsters would bribe officials to look the other way at their speakeasies.
17. Prostitution, gambling, and narcotics.
18. Honest business men were forced to pay “protection money” or their businesses could be ruined.
19. He started the principle of “learning by doing” and formed the basis of progressive education.
20. They argued that the theory of evolution destroyed faith in God and the Bible while contribution the loss of morals of the youth of the jazz age.
21. Scopes was arrested for teaching the theory of evolution. He was defended by famous attorneys like Clarence Darrow, while former Presidential Candidate William Jennings Bryan joined the prosecution.
22. Yes, many fundamentalists still like to deny the theory of evolution, despite the recent findings of fossil data and other scientific discoveries.
23. Mass-consumption
24. It was the first time that an item could be so cheaply mass-produced that it rocketed the economy forward and made owning an automobile cheap for the average man.
25. It persuaded Americans that they needed to focus on their “wants,” adding to the mass consumerism of the 1920s
26. Sports became a large business in the 1920s, mostly thanks to the Sultan of Swat, Babe Ruth who transformed baseball from a low scoring game into America’s National Pastime.
27. It meant that more Americans could afford new items such as refrigerators, cars and radios now instead of having to save for it later.
28. Mass production of the automobile created a faster economy because it lead to mass production techniques for other items and drove down the cost of goods.
29. Charles A. Lindbergh is remembered for being the first to solo fly across the Pacific Ocean in his plane, The Spirit of St. Louis.
30. He opened up a new dimension—the sky—that Americans now had access to.
31. The radio industry.
32. It was used to refer to five-cent movie theaters.
33. It was the first movie that had audible words in it.
34. It had an abundance of sunshine for filming.
35. Most Americans lived in urban areas instead of rural areas.
36. Women who wore rolled stockings, shorter skirts, and commonly had cigarettes on them.
37. Jazz.
38. Harlem held a vibrant, creative culture that gave rise to powerful, new Jazz-era music.
39. Books based on the popular flapper culture of the time and writers who examined the war and life around them.
40. Buying stocks with small down-payments.
Chapter 32

1. Harding put a stop to the progressive era and brought in (though not of his own doing) a corrupt political era.
2. The large amount of political scandals that occurred.
3. They wanted compensation for money lost when they quit their jobs to join the military. Coolidge vetoed it to cut spending on the war.
4. Congress quickly crushed unions and reversed rulings for special protection for women and child labor laws.
5. They wanted railroads to stay nationalized.
6. It outlawed war.
7. To limit the number of warships currently in use by the world’s navies.
8. They wanted to ensure people would buy American made goods by making foreign goods expensive.
9. They were a group of Harding’s friends who took advantage of him and his ignorance by setting off a series of scandals.
10. Teapot Dome, an oil reserve, was given over to the Secretary of the Interior and the oil was allowed to be sold by Harry Sinclair and Edward Doheny.
11. It made many Americans lose faith in the government and court system.
12. He was spared because he was on a speech-making trip which brought him to Alaska.
13. Coolidge was silent and believed in sticking with the status quo.
14. Coolidge spoke little and largely ignored the economy, letting it progress on its own, which what big business owners wanted.
15. Business-centered. During this time, taxes were lowered, which allowed businesses to expand and profitize.
16. Other countries were beginning to enter the world market again, which drove down the price of goods. They were also beginning to be forced off their land by machines such as tractors, which could do their job much faster and more efficiently.
17. The Wets and the Dries, the former didn’t want to see prohibition, while the latter fought for prohibition.
18. 102 ballots, it meant that Coolidge was able to campaign more effectively and retain office.
19. Americans were doing too well with the current system to want to move to progressivism.
20. International debts, which ended up getting pushed on to Germany’s already feeble economy.
21. The Dawes Act rescheduled German debt payments and led to a vicious merry-go-round of the U.S. giving money to Germany, Germany giving the money to Britain and France, and Britain and France giving the money to the U.S.
22. Greedy, the U.S. was trying to get the money owed to it by Britain and France.
23. He was a “Wet” candidate, viewed as too urban for the people, a catholic, and forced a dry running-mate and political platform.
24. He was a rags to riches story that many Americans found favorable.
25. He was shy, confrontational, and was too accustomed to giving orders to subordinates.
26. He wanted a fair election against Al Smith and constantly sought to stop the rumors regarding him being under the Vatican.
27. It forced other countries to raise their tariffs, which caused the depression to spread from the U.S. to a global scale.
28. People rapidly pull their money out of the stock market in an attempt to sell it off as quickly as possible.
29. The crash was a symptom because it showed that people were beginning to lose faith in the economy.
30. Over-production of goods, a slowdown in agriculture, high tariffs, and the tax policies.
31. He felt just handing out money would cause Americans to lose their sense of self-worth and the economy, not the government had to end the depression.
32. Groups of people were gathered in small, unsanitary areas which could lead to disease or an uprising.
33. MacArthur ordered his men to use bayonets and tear gas to flush the Bonus Army out.
34. He sternly believed that nothing the government could do would help the economy recover from the depression. He was proved right when even the New Deal failed at recovery, if it wasn’t for World War II, the depression might not have ended as quickly as it did.
35. The building of the Hoover Dam, Home Loan Bank Bill, and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
Chapter 33

1. Both were born to wealthy New York families. TR was confrontational and always had his way, while FDR was calm and open to cooperation.
2. It humbled him and gave him a sense of empathy and ability to understand the problems the common man was facing.
3. She went out with or on the behalf of FDR to show the people the New Deal was a good thing.
4. His entire New Deal and politics was built on helping “the forgotten man.”
5. Smart, young, reform-minded intellectuals who gathered to help FDR come up with the policies that made up the New Deal.
6. He didn’t have a solid plan when he was campaigning his New Deal.
7. Hoover promised “prosperity was just around the corner” while FDR promised a “New Deal for the people.”
8. New Deal policies offered by Democrats proved more enticing than the current republican stand of “doing nothing.”
9. During the first 100 days, Congress passed over 15 major pieces of legislation.
10. –
a. Recovery: Help the nation get out of the depression.
b. Relief: Help those suffering in the depression.
c. Reform: Ensure another depression cannot happen.
11. Pre-war progressive movement. Unemployment, Social Security, and minimum wage regulation.
12. Emergency Banking Relief Act of 1933.
13. Glass-Steagall Banking Reform Act. It insured investments up to $5,000 in the event a bank failed.
14. It gave jobs to young males in the countryside, who otherwise would have resorted to criminal action to survive.
15. Agricultural Adjustment Act gave millions to farmers to help pay their mortgages.
16. A catholic priest who preached “Social Justice.” His messages were finally shut down in 1942.
17. He wanted to take the wealth from the rich and distribute it to everyone equally.
18. The purpose of the WPA was to provide employment on useful projects.
19. America’s first female Cabinet member.
20. The NRA enforced the NIRA, which set standards for employees and employers.
21. The WPA supplied work for government projects while the PWA matched people to jobs with their talents.
22. The TVA aimed at bringing electricity to the southeast portion of the country.
23. Farmers were paid not to grow crops because they were growing too many and selling them too cheaply.
24. Over farming and poor irrigation of the land, which lead to the soil being blown away.
25. It left over 300,000 without jobs and homeless.
26. To provide unemployment insurance and pensions for the elderly.
27. It would lower people’s self-worth and would promote a life of leisure.
28. It gave employees the right to strike and practice collective bargaining with their employers.
29. He tried to run against FDR in the 1936, but lost in the most lopsided election since Washington with 523 electoral votes to a mere 8.
30. He felt many of the 9 justices, who were all appointed by former republican presidents, weren’t giving his New Deal legislation a fair ruling.
31. They saw it as a power grab.
32. The first new deal was centered mostly around both sides of the political spectrum working together and the 2nd new deal centered around FDR’s coalition comprised mostly of liberals, the “forgotten man” and African-Americans.
33. Recovery.
34. Republicans and Southern Democrats.
35. World War II. It kicked off the U.S. economy, providing jobs for the jobless and gave manufacturers of warfare items a large payday.

110 questions, with another 70 due next week emotion_zombie

God I love AP 'Merican History emotion_drool

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
A Random Act of Terror

Chapter 31

1. A return to the time before the progressive era.
2. A period of time when Americans were paranoid of leftists and feared a communist revolution in America.
3. He was an Attorney General who rounded up nearly 6,000 people he suspected of communism during the Red Scare.
4. They used it to ruin unions which were played off as un-American and “Sovietism in disguise.”
5. They were prejudiced because the two were Italians, atheists, anarchists, and draft dodgers. Americans were so strung up in their own way of life that they convicted two men on faulty evidence.
6. The KKK was anti-foreign, anti-Catholic, anti-black, anti-Jewish, anti-pacifist, anti-Communist, anti-internationalist, anti-revolutionist, anti-bootlegger, anti-gambling, anti-adultery, and anti-birth control.
7. The mid-west and South.
8. Embezzlement by Klan officials where $4 out of every $10 initiation fee went back to the local organizers.
9. The quota system set a limit on the number of immigrants from a certain country on a yearly basis. The years were changed because it favored western Europeans to southern and eastern Europeans. Americans hated the latter group because they didn’t speak English and didn’t assimilate easily into “American culture.”
10. It marked the last time immigrants would be able freely enter the U.S.
11. The Volstead Act made the consumption, manufacture, and selling of alcoholic beverages illegal.
12. The south and West.
13. They didn’t consider Americans’ love for strong drink and a government with very weak control.
14. Places where one could get an alcoholic drink during the prohibition.
15. Bank savings increased, workers showed up to work more, and overall less alcohol was consumed during the prohibition era.
16. Because selling and consuming alcohol was illegal, gangsters would bribe officials to look the other way at their speakeasies.
17. Prostitution, gambling, and narcotics.
18. Honest business men were forced to pay “protection money” or their businesses could be ruined.
19. He started the principle of “learning by doing” and formed the basis of progressive education.
20. They argued that the theory of evolution destroyed faith in God and the Bible while contribution the loss of morals of the youth of the jazz age.
21. Scopes was arrested for teaching the theory of evolution. He was defended by famous attorneys like Clarence Darrow, while former Presidential Candidate William Jennings Bryan joined the prosecution.
22. Yes, many fundamentalists still like to deny the theory of evolution, despite the recent findings of fossil data and other scientific discoveries.
23. Mass-consumption
24. It was the first time that an item could be so cheaply mass-produced that it rocketed the economy forward and made owning an automobile cheap for the average man.
25. It persuaded Americans that they needed to focus on their “wants,” adding to the mass consumerism of the 1920s
26. Sports became a large business in the 1920s, mostly thanks to the Sultan of Swat, Babe Ruth who transformed baseball from a low scoring game into America’s National Pastime.
27. It meant that more Americans could afford new items such as refrigerators, cars and radios now instead of having to save for it later.
28. Mass production of the automobile created a faster economy because it lead to mass production techniques for other items and drove down the cost of goods.
29. Charles A. Lindbergh is remembered for being the first to solo fly across the Pacific Ocean in his plane, The Spirit of St. Louis.
30. He opened up a new dimension—the sky—that Americans now had access to.
31. The radio industry.
32. It was used to refer to five-cent movie theaters.
33. It was the first movie that had audible words in it.
34. It had an abundance of sunshine for filming.
35. Most Americans lived in urban areas instead of rural areas.
36. Women who wore rolled stockings, shorter skirts, and commonly had cigarettes on them.
37. Jazz.
38. Harlem held a vibrant, creative culture that gave rise to powerful, new Jazz-era music.
39. Books based on the popular flapper culture of the time and writers who examined the war and life around them.
40. Buying stocks with small down-payments.
Chapter 32

1. Harding put a stop to the progressive era and brought in (though not of his own doing) a corrupt political era.
2. The large amount of political scandals that occurred.
3. They wanted compensation for money lost when they quit their jobs to join the military. Coolidge vetoed it to cut spending on the war.
4. Congress quickly crushed unions and reversed rulings for special protection for women and child labor laws.
5. They wanted railroads to stay nationalized.
6. It outlawed war.
7. To limit the number of warships currently in use by the world’s navies.
8. They wanted to ensure people would buy American made goods by making foreign goods expensive.
9. They were a group of Harding’s friends who took advantage of him and his ignorance by setting off a series of scandals.
10. Teapot Dome, an oil reserve, was given over to the Secretary of the Interior and the oil was allowed to be sold by Harry Sinclair and Edward Doheny.
11. It made many Americans lose faith in the government and court system.
12. He was spared because he was on a speech-making trip which brought him to Alaska.
13. Coolidge was silent and believed in sticking with the status quo.
14. Coolidge spoke little and largely ignored the economy, letting it progress on its own, which what big business owners wanted.
15. Business-centered. During this time, taxes were lowered, which allowed businesses to expand and profitize.
16. Other countries were beginning to enter the world market again, which drove down the price of goods. They were also beginning to be forced off their land by machines such as tractors, which could do their job much faster and more efficiently.
17. The Wets and the Dries, the former didn’t want to see prohibition, while the latter fought for prohibition.
18. 102 ballots, it meant that Coolidge was able to campaign more effectively and retain office.
19. Americans were doing too well with the current system to want to move to progressivism.
20. International debts, which ended up getting pushed on to Germany’s already feeble economy.
21. The Dawes Act rescheduled German debt payments and led to a vicious merry-go-round of the U.S. giving money to Germany, Germany giving the money to Britain and France, and Britain and France giving the money to the U.S.
22. Greedy, the U.S. was trying to get the money owed to it by Britain and France.
23. He was a “Wet” candidate, viewed as too urban for the people, a catholic, and forced a dry running-mate and political platform.
24. He was a rags to riches story that many Americans found favorable.
25. He was shy, confrontational, and was too accustomed to giving orders to subordinates.
26. He wanted a fair election against Al Smith and constantly sought to stop the rumors regarding him being under the Vatican.
27. It forced other countries to raise their tariffs, which caused the depression to spread from the U.S. to a global scale.
28. People rapidly pull their money out of the stock market in an attempt to sell it off as quickly as possible.
29. The crash was a symptom because it showed that people were beginning to lose faith in the economy.
30. Over-production of goods, a slowdown in agriculture, high tariffs, and the tax policies.
31. He felt just handing out money would cause Americans to lose their sense of self-worth and the economy, not the government had to end the depression.
32. Groups of people were gathered in small, unsanitary areas which could lead to disease or an uprising.
33. MacArthur ordered his men to use bayonets and tear gas to flush the Bonus Army out.
34. He sternly believed that nothing the government could do would help the economy recover from the depression. He was proved right when even the New Deal failed at recovery, if it wasn’t for World War II, the depression might not have ended as quickly as it did.
35. The building of the Hoover Dam, Home Loan Bank Bill, and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
Chapter 33

1. Both were born to wealthy New York families. TR was confrontational and always had his way, while FDR was calm and open to cooperation.
2. It humbled him and gave him a sense of empathy and ability to understand the problems the common man was facing.
3. She went out with or on the behalf of FDR to show the people the New Deal was a good thing.
4. His entire New Deal and politics was built on helping “the forgotten man.”
5. Smart, young, reform-minded intellectuals who gathered to help FDR come up with the policies that made up the New Deal.
6. He didn’t have a solid plan when he was campaigning his New Deal.
7. Hoover promised “prosperity was just around the corner” while FDR promised a “New Deal for the people.”
8. New Deal policies offered by Democrats proved more enticing than the current republican stand of “doing nothing.”
9. During the first 100 days, Congress passed over 15 major pieces of legislation.
10. –
a. Recovery: Help the nation get out of the depression.
b. Relief: Help those suffering in the depression.
c. Reform: Ensure another depression cannot happen.
11. Pre-war progressive movement. Unemployment, Social Security, and minimum wage regulation.
12. Emergency Banking Relief Act of 1933.
13. Glass-Steagall Banking Reform Act. It insured investments up to $5,000 in the event a bank failed.
14. It gave jobs to young males in the countryside, who otherwise would have resorted to criminal action to survive.
15. Agricultural Adjustment Act gave millions to farmers to help pay their mortgages.
16. A catholic priest who preached “Social Justice.” His messages were finally shut down in 1942.
17. He wanted to take the wealth from the rich and distribute it to everyone equally.
18. The purpose of the WPA was to provide employment on useful projects.
19. America’s first female Cabinet member.
20. The NRA enforced the NIRA, which set standards for employees and employers.
21. The WPA supplied work for government projects while the PWA matched people to jobs with their talents.
22. The TVA aimed at bringing electricity to the southeast portion of the country.
23. Farmers were paid not to grow crops because they were growing too many and selling them too cheaply.
24. Over farming and poor irrigation of the land, which lead to the soil being blown away.
25. It left over 300,000 without jobs and homeless.
26. To provide unemployment insurance and pensions for the elderly.
27. It would lower people’s self-worth and would promote a life of leisure.
28. It gave employees the right to strike and practice collective bargaining with their employers.
29. He tried to run against FDR in the 1936, but lost in the most lopsided election since Washington with 523 electoral votes to a mere 8.
30. He felt many of the 9 justices, who were all appointed by former republican presidents, weren’t giving his New Deal legislation a fair ruling.
31. They saw it as a power grab.
32. The first new deal was centered mostly around both sides of the political spectrum working together and the 2nd new deal centered around FDR’s coalition comprised mostly of liberals, the “forgotten man” and African-Americans.
33. Recovery.
34. Republicans and Southern Democrats.
35. World War II. It kicked off the U.S. economy, providing jobs for the jobless and gave manufacturers of warfare items a large payday.

110 questions, with another 70 due next week emotion_zombie

God I love AP 'Merican History emotion_drool

Oh I loved my AP American history class in high school, funny thing, the same class in college? I spent most of that class just taking notes and writing short stories in my notebook. Still got an A wink

We also talked about how someday regular incandescent light bulbs would be like something that you had to buy off the black market, because they'd make everyone switch over to the new twisty 'energy' saving bulbs and the others would be against the law to use eventually. Don't ask me how we got on that topic, had something to do with Prohibition, but IDEK. Class was still freaking awesome.

Sparkly Spotter

9,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
VKiera

Oh I loved my AP American history class in high school, funny thing, the same class in college? I spent most of that class just taking notes and writing short stories in my notebook. Still got an A wink

We also talked about how someday regular incandescent light bulbs would be like something that you had to buy off the black market, because they'd make everyone switch over to the new twisty 'energy' saving bulbs and the others would be against the law to use eventually. Don't ask me how we got on that topic, had something to do with Prohibition, but IDEK. Class was still freaking awesome.

User Image

You can't buy incandescent bulbs here any more. Which is all well & good, but a lot of light fittings just aren't designed for 'twisty' bulbs so you have to leave the covers off.

User Image

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
dms anyone? carrion flower xP

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
I just realize how many people stalk my profile.
"rainbow you're so pretty! <3"
gonk
And half the people I don't even know

Fashionable Lunatic

22,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Zzyli
VKiera

User Image

You can't buy incandescent bulbs here any more. Which is all well & good, but a lot of light fittings just aren't designed for 'twisty' bulbs so you have to leave the covers off.

User Image

rofl Well what ya know, my prof was right, at least in Australia. haha. You can still buy them here and they also make twisty bulbs that look like the old incandescent ones, kinda cool, they're almost like a bulb inside of a bulb.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff