Welcome to Gaia! ::

IDEA...ummm...'block'?

Hmmm...well, we need to give the users a REASON to buy cash shop stuff.
You could make the enemies a tad harder. I'm still quite peeved at that last 'nerfing' that was done on zOMG. I'm sure it would get some users to buy more Ghi Amps and Superchargers. (I used to solo Mowers and Buzzkill, and be proud of it. Now anyone can. User Image )

You could also give us an immediate use for large quantities of orbs, thus increasing the revenue on double orbs. (IE: the crafting system. You could throw us a tester item, to see if people bite.) You could also include more uses per pack. The better the deal, the more people will want to buy.

As for those voice fonts, they seem useless to me. It's incredibly hard to understand what everyone is saying. Yeah, they were a cool idea at the time. I dunno if you guys are actually making that much money off of them. If so, sorry. Just saying.

You could always introduce new material items, and new recipes. Make the enemies for certain materials stronger, but don't put a limit on how long those monsters exist, like in events. You could always have them appear only at certain times or something. Either way, the recipes and items from the harder monsters should keep their value for a while.

Perchance make a zOMG! Exclusive EI recipes (with the strong monster material drops, of course. It can't be too easy.) Something tells me that would get TONS of players on there, AND stimulate the Gaia marketplace.

Either way, I hope something from this will be useful to you.

Oh, and I also second the rewards for badges.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Sensual Soul
Valheita
Re: Dungeon Maker...

Given the stuff that Mavdoc has been showing us, I'd be VERY surprised if we could make areas ourselves. The maps we see in zOMG! are the many steps removed from an adjustable model of the region..

Also, for those who wish to fish it up.. Someone brought this idea up in the Raxa/Qixter interview some months back, and I believe Qix said it probably couldn't be done. Though my memory is hazy at best.

stare Idea squishier! xd It would be cool but I thought it wasn't likely. Still they could do a design a maze thing or something more simple.
Val is hungry for dreams to destroy and crush *rawrs*
Please don't hurt me for not understanding whether or not this will break the economy (Or if this has already been said, for that matter), but... XD

I think one of the reasons people don't go on zOMG is because it's a huge time investment, and you don't really get much IMMEDIATE reward out of it like Booty Grab and... Well... Almost any other Gaia game.

I think that two big ways to really increase interest in zOMG would be

A) Simply increase the gold-drop rate on the lower-level monsters, and

B) Allow people to sell orbs for something a little more than just one gold each. XD That way, you know... Casual zOMG'ers can stick to the casual areas like Village Greens and such, and sell the orbs they make back to the NPC shops for some profit, and the big CL 10.0s who are all "LOOK AT ALL THESE ORBS THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH" can cash in right away if they feel like they won't need all 10,000 of their orbs to get through Chapter 2 once it comes out.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Sensual Soul
Valheita

Given the stuff that Mavdoc has been showing us, I'd be VERY surprised if we could make areas ourselves. The maps we see in zOMG! are the many steps removed from an adjustable model of the region..

Also, for those who wish to fish it up.. Someone brought this idea up in the Raxa/Qixter interview some months back, and I believe Qix said it probably couldn't be done. Though my memory is hazy at best.

stare Idea squishier! xd It would be cool but I thought it wasn't likely. Still they could do a design a maze thing or something more simple.
Val is hungry for dreams to destroy and crush *rawrs*

*sits on and hold down* Noooo! Be nice! rofl

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita

Eh, it couldn't be done how the devs make it.
              But I'm sure, if they really wanted to, a drag-and-drop kind of deal, with preset sprites and ground-squares could be done.
              It's done in other flash games.
              It'd be cool, but either way, not worth the time and effort, IMO.

Wheezing Warlord

RAS Productions

Perchance make a zOMG! Exclusive EI recipes (with the strong monster material drops, of course. It can't be too easy.) Something tells me that would get TONS of players on there, AND stimulate the Gaia marketplace.

This totally reminded me of this.
              "Animating Items".
              Basically, the same exact thing as EIs, but they don't evolve on a weekly basis.
              Instead, they evolve based on zOMG! playtime, as a result of "Ghi Exposure".

Each item would start out as just that, a single-pose, ordinary item.
              But as you play zOMG more, it would begin to animate, into both an Animated companion/I am pose, and matching clothing and accessories.
SykoCaster

Oh, and another thing.
              To keep the price of loot and recipes up, for the love of zOMG!, don't include crafted items in the Daily Chance.
              As if they weren't cheap enough before that, now crafted items are worth less than then gold it takes to craft them.

It'd also draw people in if you added a chance at Gaia Cash to the zOMG! Daily Chance.
              Nothing big, 1-5 GC grants, but still. It'd get people playing every day, and wanting to complete the game in order to get more chances at it.

This is a good idea - I know someone who would start playing if she had a chance at gc.
I--BAR--I
just increase the gold drop in zOMG...
and they should make announcement about zOMG saying you can make alot of gold out of it....
once its way more famous and alot more people are playing ..
then start putting in the cash and stuff.

there should be a store inside zOMG too. It can be located in a higher leveled area... so people have to play to get there. Item from that store can only be bought in game.
curl your mustaches

I think this would just encourage people to power up and skip thru to that level...maybe make it dependent on quest completion?

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
SykoCaster

But as you play zOMG more, it would begin to animate, into both an Animated companion/I am pose, and matching clothing and accessories.

I don't bother with EIs because they are just pixels, but I would actually consider buying this because it would require me doing something other than just forking over large amounts of cash in order to get something really cool. Interaction/Actually doing something functional = win imho.

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
SykoCaster
RAS Productions

"Animating Items".
              Basically, the same exact thing as EIs, but they don't evolve on a weekly basis.

Nice one, that could definelty get some people to play more, or start playing. I especially like the matching clothing, accesories part.
SykoCaster
RAS Productions

"Animating Items".

Wow. I never knew that post existed. In that case, I second the original user's idea.
Thanks! This means there's other people who want it too! Without even talking between. xd

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
SykoCaster
Valheita

But I'm sure, if they really wanted to, a drag-and-drop kind of deal, with preset sprites and ground-squares could be done.
Then you've also got to factor in the coding of collision detection - and the fact that zOMG! isn't really a ground square interface...

That said though, if they can convert the Housing system to Flash, then they might be able to code zOMG! to imitate it.

Seeker

SykoCaster
(s)oul
CS non ring skills (not attacking obviously) but like a quick dash like Shunpo (that teleport looking that on bleach or Dragon ball Z) or some sorta super knockback (non damaging) power thrust!

So if i lost any of you my idea is Cash shop only skills that either use no or little stamina but don't do any damage (since that would contridict the game's story)

Doesn't have to contradict the game's story.
              Who says Ghi can only manifest itself as Animated, Orbs and Rings?
              Instead of forming rings, it could form expendable items.
I like the cut of your jib ^^

and as for the rewards for the badges i am all for that! i JUST got my 5k sand golem badge today and when i get another 450 something kills ill have my 5k anchor bug badge. so i would really, really love to get something from that
(s)oul
SykoCaster
(s)oul
CS non ring skills (not attacking obviously) but like a quick dash like Shunpo (that teleport looking that on bleach or Dragon ball Z) or some sorta super knockback (non damaging) power thrust!

So if i lost any of you my idea is Cash shop only skills that either use no or little stamina but don't do any damage (since that would contridict the game's story)

Doesn't have to contradict the game's story.
              Who says Ghi can only manifest itself as Animated, Orbs and Rings?
              Instead of forming rings, it could form expendable items.
I like the cut of your jib ^^

and as for the rewards for the badges i am all for that! i JUST got my 5k sand golem badge today and when i get another 450 something kills ill have my 5k anchor bug badge. so i would really, really love to get something from that

Hmmm...I like it too. Ghi synthesis, anyone?
Make the craftable items related to CL or TCL...maybe...

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita
SykoCaster
Valheita

Then you've also got to factor in the coding of collision detection - and the fact that zOMG! isn't really a ground square interface...

That said though, if they can convert the Housing system to Flash, then they might be able to code zOMG! to imitate it.

Oh, yeah, ofcourse.
              I'm just playing devil's advocate and saying it could potentially be done.

Though... I'm not sure. Do they add the collision detecting "walls" while it's still 3-D, or add them in after it's been compressed?
              If the latter, it wouldn't theoretically be too difficult.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff