Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Lover

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm having difficulties with my ZOMG quests. When I started doing quests in Bass'ken Lake, I started doing them in the wrong order. I started with one of Logan's quest instead of Ryan's. stare I realized this when I got the Concerned Citizen's quest but I went ahead and tried to finish it before going to Ryan. The Concerned Citizen gave me the 'Get the Transponder' quest(which I cannot do. sad ) so I went back to Logan who said I hadn't finished the quest... and now I'm stuck. Is there anyway I can fix this? neutral
Hidden Queen Elvithrarith
I'm having difficulties with my ZOMG quests. When I started doing quests in Bass'ken Lake, I started doing them in the wrong order. I started with one of Logan's quest instead of Ryan's. stare I realized this when I got the Concerned Citizen's quest but I went ahead and tried to finish it before going to Ryan. The Concerned Citizen gave me the 'Get the Transponder' quest(which I cannot do. sad ) so I went back to Logan who said I hadn't finished the quest... and now I'm stuck. Is there anyway I can fix this? neutral

That doesn't really illustrate the problem~ ^-^;

Okay so... talking to Ryan starts an entirely separate quest chain that is in no way related to Logan's quest chain~

Logan does send you to Concerned Citizen eventually... but after you do some quests for him~

As for getting the transponder, you were supposed to have a quest or so from Concerned Citizen before that... did you ever "scan the burrows"?~

...I have a gut feeling you have a sadly somewhat common issue that hundreds of others have... but first, I want to hear your responses~ ^-^;;

Blessed Lover

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Fr33d0m4ever

Okay so... talking to Ryan starts an entirely separate quest chain that is in no way related to Logan's quest chain~

I know, but Ryan won't give me a quest besides killing fluffs.

Fr33d0m4ever
Logan does send you to Concerned Citizen eventually... but after you do some quests for him~

Finished, besides the one I stated. xp

Fr33d0m4ever
As for getting the transponder, you were supposed to have a quest or so from Concerned Citizen before that... did you ever "scan the burrows"?~

Nope, he went straight to Get the Transponder. Sucks. stare

Fr33d0m4ever
...I have a gut feeling you have a sadly somewhat common issue that hundreds of others have... but first, I want to hear your responses~ ^-^;;

Really? ...I don't think that makes me feel any better. lol
Hidden Queen Elvithrarith
Fr33d0m4ever

I know, but Ryan won't give me a quest besides killing fluffs.

Fr33d0m4ever

Finished, besides the one I stated. xp

Fr33d0m4ever

Nope, he went straight to Get the Transponder. Sucks. stare

Fr33d0m4ever

Really? ...I don't think that makes me feel any better. lol

... *sigh* Yep... your symptoms point to this long explanation (before reading it though, exactly what quest with Logan?~ You never really said~):

That means you're another person that has one of the typical problems associated with what I call "the May 19th to June 2nd glitchfest"~

Basically if you played zOMG at that time, there would be a chance your account data wouldn't load properly. Then, if you did almost anything quest related, your game would save that buggy data and... well, you're stuck with it~

(This means that if you made a new account today and played through zOMG, you would likely not encounter many, if any, problems at all~)

Known common problems include (but aren't limited to)

-Leon/Elizabeth not talking.
-Remo not granting his ring.
-Rina/Candices quests not progressing properly.
-Olivia's cookies quest not recognizing completion.
-Bill not talking. He may also give too many quests or keep asking for Stoocie despite never getting/already completing the quest.
-Albert being silent.
-Rubella being silent.
-Wish tree visions not recognizing visits to correct areas.
-Kin not granting his ring reward.
-Logan directing people to Concerned Citizen in Old Aqueduct without giving quests.
-The guard in front of the entrance to Bassken Lake not giving the quest to see Gustav... and only his repeatable quest.
-Concerned Citizen giving too many quests at once, and not recognizing some of them as completed. Also, some quests just not working (like scanning the burrows). He may go silent as well.
-Mementos beep and you may get a popup saying you found more than the needed amount for the quest
-Rin and Lin giving too many quests at once and, after doing so, becoming either silent or giving their dialogue as if you don't have quests with them. Gauntlet quest skips, too.
-EB rewards not granting properly/at all.

There was a fix for this problem implemented June 2nd that should prevent people from having these issues. However, it does not solve current cases~

For current cases, you have to wait for the zOMG team to either:

1) Look at your case individually~

2) Deliver a fix for everyone~

**There have been rare cases where, after an update to the game, some quests un-glitch... but at the same time, npcs for other users stop talking~

That said, they have tried doing method one here~

However, due to the vast numbers of individual cases (I've talked with at least around 500 by now; while the glitch was still able to happen, hundreds of different cases were present), I assume it was and still is locked down for 2 reasons:

1) Too much time to spend fixing every individual problem that comes up~

2) Individual fixes not actually working/too complex for each unique account's situation~

Again, these are simply my thoughts... but well, if they were intent on continuing with method one, I feel they would've made threads like this one for specific npc fixes~ (and even this didn't fix all cases of everyone's problems with this npc~)

Does this mean they won't ever fix it? Nah; I'm going with "not fixed how most people would like it fixed, or when they would like it fixed"~

Awhile back, they did say they wanted a "new game +" feature. However, with the minimal development on zOMG currently... it may not be a priority. Most of the zOMG team are working on other non-zOMG projects as well. Plus, I believe the Halloween event was a large focus of their time~

Here's that post mentioning a game reset~

Blessed Lover

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Fr33d0m4ever
... *sigh* Yep... your symptoms point to this long explanation (before reading it though, exactly what quest with Logan?~ You never really said~):

Oh, I didn't? My bad. Well Concerned Citizen of course and Needle Nose, but I was sure I got a reward for that... Oh, and I can't finish the Wish Tree's quest.

Fr33d0m4ever
That means you're another person that has one of the typical problems associated with what I call "the May 19th to June 2nd glitchfest"~

Basically if you played zOMG at that time, there would be a chance your account data wouldn't load properly. Then, if you did almost anything quest related, your game would save that buggy data and... well, you're stuck with it~...

...Does this mean they won't ever fix it? Nah; I'm going with "not fixed how most people would like it fixed, or when they would like it fixed"~

Awhile back, they did say they wanted a "new game +" feature. However, with the minimal development on zOMG currently... it may not be a priority. Most of the zOMG team are working on other non-zOMG projects as well. Plus, I believe the Halloween event was a large focus of their time~

This was very helpful. Thank you. Oh, and sorry for the late reply.
my ZOMG wont even play it goes to the loading screen and the blue loding bar in the corner wont move so wtf is that i cant even play it at all or any other gaia game it wont connect to the server
mibudurka
my ZOMG wont even play it goes to the loading screen and the blue loding bar in the corner wont move so wtf is that i cant even play it at all or any other gaia game it wont connect to the server

First off, this is a problem on your end in some way~

...The only thing I could really give you is some basic pointers to isolate the problem~ (Normally, I wouldn't give this all at once... but since I have little time, I fear I wouldn't be responding quickly enough~)

Anyway, first, try a different browser (Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc). I highly doubt this means anything, but regardless, give it a shot~

Next, try to access gaia's games on a different computer on the same internet connection~

---If that works, you know that the problem is related to your computer in some way~

------From here, try disabling all the security stuff (firewall, antivirus, etc) and try connecting to one of gaia's games again~ If that does nothing, go to your router/modem and disable the security settings there (or try resetting it to default settings)~

---If that still doesn't work, you know that the problem is related to either your home network or your internet service (provider)~

------From here, try resetting your router/modem~ If that does nothing... well, there may be a potential that you are out of luck. What I mean is is if you have "satellite" internet, gaia's games will not connect with the server because the time to communicate is too large~... (Though that said, what is your internet service provider if you do get to this step?~)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff