Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think there's something wrong with Rin&Lin. It's been malfunctioning since last week.

So here it goes:
I finished the stone coat quest and defeated the avatar for God knows how many times. And the thing is whenever I tried to click rin or lin, it wont respond. Basically, it's malfunctioning. sad (
First off, regardless of what I say, it likely will not be fixed anytime soon... just based on what I've seen thus far~... >.<;

That said...so you're saying there's no speech bubble above their head?~

And this might seem like a random question, but did you play zOMG between May 19th and June 2nd?~ Also, how far into the game were you before that time period?~

Oh right, did you also successfully complete the quests "Merit in the Eyes of the Spirits" and "the Gauntlet"?~
yeah, you're right!!.. there's no speech bubble and stuff..

And... About the quest: I finished it all way before, i think about june or may... Then, i thought that the problem at that time was my connection so i tried it it again. By the way, it happened to my friend as well. He did say that it was a glitch.
This has been happening for a long time now. I have done stone coatl and the other quest and I still cant continue. I go to rin and click on him, he says his usual chanting stuff or whatever, then I say "uhh... is something supposed to be happening?" then red text appears on my screen saying "speak servent for we are listening" or something like that, and then nothing happens. I'm able to do this over and over and I have tried almost everything. Please fix this glitch.
Riqochet
This has been happening for a long time now. I have done stone coatl and the other quest and I still cant continue. I go to rin and click on him, he says his usual chanting stuff or whatever, then I say "uhh... is something supposed to be happening?" then red text appears on my screen saying "speak servent for we are listening" or something like that, and then nothing happens. I'm able to do this over and over and I have tried almost everything. Please fix this glitch.

Out of curiosity, which quests do you have with Rin & Lin?~

Also, as I asked the previous person, did you play the game between May 19th and June 2nd at all?~

Do note that I've still been saying my explanation for more than 5 months now... mostly to people with Rin & Lin issues. They are aware of the problem... but a fix isn't always that simple when not everyone has the issue~

And as a little sidenote, you can enter Shallow Seas alone now... so at least you're not missing out on that part~
Fr33d0m4ever
Riqochet

Also, as I asked the previous person, did you play the game between May 19th and June 2nd at all?~

Do note that I've still been saying my explanation for more than 5 months now... mostly to people with Rin & Lin issues. They are aware of the problem... but a fix isn't always that simple when not everyone has the issue~

And as a little sidenote, you can enter Shallow Seas alone now... so at least you're not missing out on that part~
Yes, I played between June and may. I used to play frequently until I got to this glitch. The quests I have are

"Aiding the twins: Speak to Rin and Lin on the sacred cliffs in the west of Otami Ruins and do what they ask."

"The Stone Coaltl: Return to Lin now that you've defeated Chaloc's avatar to receive your just rewards."

"Merit in the Eyes of the Spirits: Return to Rin and Lin with the offerings you have gathered."

I have completed everything I can think of but the quests just wont finish.
Riqochet
Fr33d0m4ever
Riqochet

Yes, I played between June and may. I used to play frequently until I got to this glitch. The quests I have are

"Aiding the twins: Speak to Rin and Lin on the sacred cliffs in the west of Otami Ruins and do what they ask."

"The Stone Coaltl: Return to Lin now that you've defeated Chaloc's avatar to receive your just rewards."

"Merit in the Eyes of the Spirits: Return to Rin and Lin with the offerings you have gathered."

I have completed everything I can think of but the quests just wont finish.

Hm, maybe I'll leave my explanation here then... just in case:

That means you're another person that has one of the typical problems associated with what I call "the May 19th to June 2nd glitchfest"~

Basically if you played zOMG at that time, there would be a chance your account data wouldn't load properly. Then, if you did almost anything quest related, your game would save that buggy data and... well, you're stuck with it~

(This means that if you made a new account today and played through zOMG, you would likely not encounter many, if any, problems at all~)

Known common problems include (but aren't limited to)

-Leon/Elizabeth not talking.
-Remo not granting his ring.
-Rina/Candices quests not progressing properly.
-Olivia's cookies quest not recognizing completion.
-Bill not talking. He may also give too many quests or keep asking for Stoocie despite never getting/already completing the quest.
-Albert being silent.
-Rubella being silent.
-Wish tree visions not recognizing visits to correct areas.
-Kin not granting his ring reward.
-Logan directing people to Concerned Citizen in Old Aqueduct without giving quests.
-Gustav only giving his repeatable quest that's supposed to only be accessible after completing his quest line (to gain access to she-wolf and papa saw)
-The guard in front of the entrance to Bassken Lake not giving the quest to see Gustav... and only his repeatable quest.
-Concerned Citizen giving too many quests at once, and not recognizing some of them as completed. Also, some quests just not working (like scanning the burrows). He may go silent as well.
-Mementos beep and you may get a popup saying you found more than the needed amount for the quest
-Rin and Lin giving too many quests at once and, after doing so, becoming either silent or giving their dialogue as if you don't have quests with them. Gauntlet quest skips, too.
-EB rewards not granting properly/at all (somewhat rare)

There was a fix for this problem implemented June 2nd that should prevent people from having these issues. However, it does not solve current cases~

For current cases, you have to wait for the zOMG team to either:

1) Look at your case individually~

2) Deliver a fix for everyone~

**There have been rare cases where, after an update to the game, some quests un-glitch... but at the same time, npcs for other users stop talking~

That said, they have tried doing method one here~

However, due to the vast numbers of individual cases (I've talked with at least around 500 by now; while the glitch was still able to happen, hundreds of different cases were present), I assume it was and still is locked down for 2 reasons:

1) Too much time to spend fixing every individual problem that comes up~

2) Individual fixes not actually working/too complex for each unique account's situation~

Again, these are simply my thoughts... but well, if they were intent on continuing with method one, I feel they would've made threads like this one for specific npc fixes~ (and even this didn't fix all cases of everyone's problems with this npc~)

Does this mean they won't ever fix it? Nah; I'm going with "not fixed how most people would like it fixed, or when they would like it fixed"~

Awhile back, they did say they wanted a "new game +" feature. However, with the minimal development on zOMG currently... it may not be a priority. Most of the zOMG team are working on other non-zOMG projects as well. Plus, I believe the Halloween event was a large focus of their time~

Here's that post mentioning a game reset~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces