Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the listed ones should get worked on first?

Orb counters and upgrading 0.33956386292835 34.0% [ 109 ]
Village training for new players 0.18691588785047 18.7% [ 60 ]
Alastor in DMS 0.10591900311526 10.6% [ 34 ]
Clan chat 0.046728971962617 4.7% [ 15 ]
Do I really have to pick one? 0.3208722741433 32.1% [ 103 ]
Total Votes:[ 321 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11 >

A master list? Don't be silly; that's downright impossible with so many issues~ *cough*~ ^-^;

Joking aside, I guess I'll post everything I know of and have heard of... the things I remember off the top of my head/ glancing at my list of all the things I saved at least. Not going to go through a ton of subscribed threads and bookmarks to check everything (and even that isn't a complete list of everything reported due to laziness and thought of it being negligible). I'll divide it up like how I did with my wordy AtA post that didn't get replied to~

1) Problems everyone will encounter all the time:

-Orb count glitch: The counter works properly when you enter a server and never have a change in orb count~

-Alastor for DMS quest chain: I haven't reached the point to see this yet, but... well, nobody can get further in the quest line after a certain point as far as I'm aware~

-Gnome general normal difficulty doesn't work: Never does~

-Clan chat not working: It never worked properly for any length of time, but still~

-Mini events not working: I think either the GB or ZG one was broken. Maybe both. Not sure about others. I don't remember, and it has been at least a month or two since I've seen either event at all... so not sure if something changed~

2) Problems people can encounter some of the time, but have a "workaround" of sorts:

-DMS reset: Obvious what this is. While the workaround of "do it again" exists, it's pretty unacceptable to have hours go down the drain~

-Stuck in tutorial: There are still some old variations where the user has an already opened chest and no ring. However, most cases these days are Leon not progressing in his speech after killing the 3 small OMGs. "Fixed" by making another account and waiting after sending a PM on the current account~

-Rings from marketplace not soulbinding: Well, this has a simple workaround, but is worth a mention I guess. CL swap to fix~

-Repeatable item gathering quest not able to be turned in, despite quest log saying all items were obtained: Not sure how it happens, but the fix is to just buy more off the marketplace. Either the user used some of those items, or the game "forgot" to give said items. Haven't heard of this issue recently~

-Whispers not working/ connection to jabber lost: When DMS was first released, I think my whispers worked perfectly. After some updates to DMS behavior, I usually get that jabber disconnect message and my whispers never actually go through. Not sure how widespread this issue is, since I haven't ever seen it reported since the beginning of DMS. Also haven't tried recently... but yeah~

-Stoocie not being recognized: Well, this one hasn't been reported in awhile (so not sure if still valid), but some players aroudn the time when DMS opened had to get Stoocie twice to get Bill to recognize her. (Or maybe it was before DMS a bit; don't remember) There is an unfixable variant that I recall, too~

-Sawmill not letting anyone in: Being honest, I don't know if this is still an issue. When/if it is though, certain layers may permanently close off the sawmill until the server itself is cycled again. Easiest solution is to switch servers~

3) User specific quest issues:

...This is going to be very, very long. Keep in mind this is everything I've seen over the years that are all unresolved as far as I'm aware. Not everyone has all of these... even the May 19th - June 2nd people may or may not have the specific issue. Also keep in mind there's a lot of variations to the exact issues with each npc out there, mostly due to different dates of attempting to do the quest/playing zOMG (... or rather, certain builds/versions of the game... at least that's what I've been seeing~)

-----Barton Town-----

-Rina/Candice: A May 19th - June 2nd 2010 bug. Users try to turn in... some portion of the quest. I believe it was the feathers to Candice/Rina. But the required npc is either silent or says something about being best friends~

-Olivia: Her cookies quest not recognizing completion. May 19th - June 2nd 2010 issue~

-Old tutorial sewers quest: Some people just have them and can't get rid of them~

-----Village Greens-----

-Leon: Silent for many users with an old account (and that played zOMG at least once during old tutorial in most cases). There are variations of when it happens (based on how far along the user got in their previous play session from long ago), but typically while on the part to upgrade rings for Elizabeth (or the first quest that's similar to the old quest line~)

-Remo: Silent for those that, again typically, didn't progress very far, but did get past Leon long ago. Not too many complaints about him though, but I do believe users said Leon was un-clickable too. Possibly a May 19th/June 2nd issue... I recall branding a few of them as such, but it may have been wrong. Can't remember specifics, not seatching really old threads yet~

-----Bill's Ranch-----

-Larry: May 19th - June 2nd 2010 issue. Can endlessly give fluff rush, but never progresses. Also can be outright silent. Lastly, repeatable quest to kill 20 fluffs can go over 20, and be unable to be turned in from that point~

-Albert: Unable to be spoken to for some, and makes his quests unable to be turned in. Can have it fixed by some who didn't complete any part of his quests before by completing all 3 at once~

-Bill: Silent for some because of Larry. Silent for others for... whatever reason. Not just a May/June issue. Several reports of becoming silent at different points in quest chain. Or if not silent, acting as if there's no more quests to give when there are still some left to do (planting garlic/ windmill repair unable to be turned in I think). Most common error(s) with Bill are being unable to talk to him after the planting garlic quest... and people not having his badge despite completion of the quest chain (not sure about newest accounts, but certain periods of time of completing the quest chain seem to have been the issue for all reports~)

-Purvis: Garlic repeatable over 20, like air fluffs for Larry~

-Klaus: Alarmskeeter repeatable over 20~

-----Zen Gardens-----

-Kin: Not giving quest chain ring reward is the most common. Silent for some older players. For May 19th - June 2nd people, some have multiple steps/out-of-order steps of Kin's quest chain active (typically at the battle of three bridges), which causes the things on the bridge to not spawn/not count (I forget)~

-Wish tree: Wish tree visions quest not recognizing the visited locations. May/June issue~

-----Bassken Lake-----

-Gustav/Ryan: Most common is a May/June issue. Combining these 2 because they typically result in the same problem of being unable to do Gustav's quest chain. Gustav may give only his repeatable, as with Ryan. Some really old variations have a quest description of "Speak with Gustav" or something like that... only remember a few people reporting it, and the issue stems from November of 08 I believe~

-Logan: Haven't heard a report about him in ages, but I believe that users with a problem also are from November of 08. There was also a May/June issue with him immediately directing you to Caruthers in Bassken Lake despite having not completed any of his quests at all... but for both of these, haven't heard complaints in a long while. The most common issue I've heard of is the user disconnecting while choosing a ring from Logan. Then Logan becomes silent... until the user switches servers twice. Or at least, I don't recall anyone saying that didn't work~

-----Old Aqueduct-----

-Caruthers: Tons of variants, some of which are fixable. For the non-fixable stuff, the May/June variant is usually of him giving multiple quests to do at once... then being silent. Mostly scanning the burrows and the hive quest I believe. Burrows quest itself can have the burrows not recognize at all too. Other variants include being silent while trying to turn in his repeatable quest... and his repeatable quest just outright not recognizing any kills (though I think this is a player issue in the cases I remember being honest). Lowering your CL to 6.0 or lower, moving away from his screen, then back is the method to fix him if everything seems normal~

-Roderick: Vox Stellarum can't be found. No red text anywhere. Just doesn't work. Forgot when it started being able to happen. Don't think I kept track of this issue like others too~

----Gold Beach-----

-Whoever the npc is for the metal detector/ memento quest is: Pinging noise. All the time. My mule has this issue, as well as some others (it's a May/June issue I think... don't remember for sure though). Some can't actually complete the quest I think, but I haven't seen a report on it for over a year, so I can't say if it's still an issue. I know this account doesn't have the sound issue~

-Whoever gives the anchor bug repeatable quest (Brodie?): As with air fluffs, quest counter above 20 and never stops climbing~

-----Otami Ruins-----

-Blaze: Silent for some really old players. And some May/June issue players. That said, haven't seen a specific report for blaze in a long while... over a year I think. Probably because the really old players with the issue completely left/ gave up~

-Rin & Lin: May/June issue has them giving out multiple of their quests at once. Possibly skipping the Gauntlet quest altogether. Then speaking with the "spirits" talk, never accepting any quest. Other variants include being completely silent. The silence stems from, again, really old accounts... or from an update they did in... November 2010 I believe. Since that time when Shallow Seas stopped checking for Otami quest completion to get in, some users just had Rin & Lin go silent on them after completing the Gauntlet/ beating the Stone Coatl. Haven't heard recent reports about it... but again, I feel like everyone with the issue already left long ago~

-----SS/EB-----

-4 recipes: Tons of variants. Some got no recipe, some got 1... 2... or 3. Some missed their ring grant, some didn't. An issue from 09 and May/June stuff I believe. That said, those that were able to get 3 of their 4 recipes was able to get it fixed by Kuzuan/mlos when they were trying to fix this I think. (Or at the very least, Val got it fixed when he beat EB for the 4th time... at that time~)

-----Misc/Unsure of actual issue or user problem-----

-Midas touch badge not granting: Specifically, the midas touch badge for easter 2011. Those that killed the golden egg in 2011 didn't get granted the previous year's "hatching" egg, and instead just got a bundle I believe. Not sure if fixed yet, since there's no recent reports~

-Actual loss of orbs/rings: Not from "glitched" rings, not from visual orb bug... actual, seemingly random, loss. The few that reported it though were newbies with respect to how far in the game they were though... so not certain about this. Probably rare enough to ignore if it really does happen 0.0000001% of the time. No recent reports too~

4) Users that have problems just playing (like stuck connecting to server...for zOMG and/or other games on gaia):

Technically, I don't consider this too appropriate for this thread, but a problem that I'm sure drove some users away nevertheless. There hasn't been a case of one of these people recently (that I recall getting into discussion with too at least), but again, I'm almost certain they just gave up~

Most people with satellite internet, limited/throttled cellular internet, and firewalls (both from home networks, parental controls, schools and whatnot) are the main offenders. The thing is though, some of these people have been able to get other games to work (towns, rally, etc)... some even zOMG for a period of time. Technically, all those could technically be "firewall related", since the ISPs themselves could be the ones blocking it from using up bandwidth. Not sure though; never really found a solid answer to everyone's various issues~

That said, most players nowadays seem to only have an issue with zOMG... so that leaves me confused. Of course, of those issues, it seems like it's one server he/she cannot get on... which isn't too new. But I can't think of a way to properly organize my thoughts for this section~

----------

That took awhile. I can't believe I remember half the quest issue things I do~ >>;

Anyway, I'm sure there's more specifics along with issues I overlooked. I'll edit this/post more if I don't feel so lazy. And provide links to most of these maybe... but that's also if I stop feeling lazy. Which might be awhile if I'm honest~

Lastly, I feel my list is somewhat redundant. At least,

what Kuzuan said

about how bug reports are handled

and assuming they actually still do something like this for zOMG would make it that way~

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Fr33d0m4ever

After today's AtA where how much they actually pay attention to the bugs forum came into question, I figured it's worth a try to make a "Master List" so that they know where to focus some repair work efforts.

Thanks for the very extensive list ^^

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I've got one that I think hasn't been mentioned here, and I'm pretty sure that it's across accounts (at least I've had it on both my accounts that play ZOMG & my husband had it on his, all on different browsers etc.)

If you upgrade a ring to a 'round number' CL, and you are not in a crew, you will get the message 'You are not in a crew' instead of "Zzyli just upgraded a Taunt Ring up to CL 100.0!" (insert appropriate details in there). Whilst not game-breaking per-se, it is still a glitch in that it shouldn't be happening.

By the way, if you want data reproduced for glitches, I'm your girl. I love data emotion_awesome

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Zzyli
By the way, if you want data reproduced for glitches, I'm your girl. I love data emotion_awesome

Definitely would cut down the time I need to put in to reproduce and document some of these.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Berryfarmer

Definitely would cut down the time I need to put in to reproduce and document some of these.

That would be fine- If you give me a list & what sort of information you need, I shall go out & seek knowledge! I was fortunate enough to somehow avoid the glitch-fest of '09 though, so I actually managed to get through main-game without anything breaking.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Zzyli
Berryfarmer

That would be fine- If you give me a list & what sort of information you need, I shall go out & seek knowledge! I was fortunate enough to somehow avoid the glitch-fest of '09 though, so I actually managed to get through main-game without anything breaking.

Basically looking for the same kind of info as the bug subforum:
What was going on, where, when, Operating System and web browser kind of information.

As far as which ones you want to tackle take your picks, I'm currently playing through on a mule to test some of the quest and NPC related ones.

Invisible Codger

To add to the list:

When buffing sometimes the Buff will only R3 instead of R4ing despite having full rage and holding charge long enough that it should do R4.

Also one more visual glitch that I don't see mentioned yet is when an R4ed buff changes to R1. Typically it only effects part of the crew (2-4 members most often), occurs after moving to a new screen, and at the moment Iron Will is typically the offender (while in theory harmless, some people don't realize what has happened and end up yelling at crew members to buff properly causing ensuing drama).

Genius

There's a annoying phanting noise that keeps playing when stamina is running low. It should be removed.

You should add it in and hopefully they remove it xD
Its worth a shot huh.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
II_Kisame_II

There's a annoying phanting noise that keeps playing when stamina is running low. It should be removed.

You should add it in and hopefully they remove it xD
Its worth a shot huh.

Had that snuck in as a possible volume adjust.

Sparkly Poster

19,075 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I think this glitch/issue should also be on the list, even though it doesn't happen a lot.
BUT when it happens, its really a bummer for those who wanted to get attuned or want to do a full Kamila run;

100% room glitch
The 100% room glitch.
its has happened to me and someone else, wich I cant remember the name of.
But basically; when you cleared the Green rooms and and finally find the 100% room, the whole room is empty. No Blood Bats, no Count and no Kamila. You also can not enter the Crypt, because no gears will show when you click on the entrance.
And no, its not a case when the Green room resetted on you, when someone DC's. It has happened to me, when we started from the greens and entered the 100% after +10 rooms?

So I hope this glitch can be fixed / be added to this list, because when people want to get attuned / do a full Kam run and this happens, its a great bummer and basically, you need to restart the whole run.

I hope this helps a bit x)

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ring stats don't show up anymore when looking at a ring in your inventory.
User Image

Specs:
OS X Lion (Latest)
Google Chrome (Latest)
Flash (Latest)

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
it was also said that they would try to recycle past holiday events.

if this does happen, theres a glitch with the halloween trick-or-treating:

in halloween 2k10, aka: the last time they had trick or treating in barton, people could get the badge grant for trick-or-treating 200 times after just diong it one time (this happened to me, and that was the first time i had ever trick or treated).

there might be other holiday glitches, but thats the only one i know off the top of my head.

Questionable Genius

Has anyone posted the Vox Stellarum glitch? I can't finish the quest because the notices that tell you if you got a Vox or not from killing pups do not pop up.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I've got a few glitches that have been happening.

Vampire Clothing Glitch
When the Vampires/Vampiresses in DMS get hit, their hairstyle and outfits do a complete switch. It's not a really bad glitch, but it is bothersome for targeting purposes.

Ghi Amp Glitch
This is a bit of a more recent one. In the Green Maze inside DMS, I would use a Ghi Amp, but at times, it would glitch and not activate. For a period of time, I would be amp-less, and unable to use it.

Operating Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium Serv. Pack 1
Google Chrome (latest version)

Benevolent Codger

Seems like we've overlooked the ones that people actually make use of, eh? sweatdrop

• Health drop on ring switching - The game fails to factor a player's current G'hi bonuses when switching rings. This causes a players Health to drop unusually when switching ring locations while equipped, which is in-turn used to generate Rage (via Bandage) in an unintended manner. A broad-based solution would be making it impossible to switch rings outside of the Null Chamber (which there is little reason to allow anyway), but simply correcting the function to factor current G'hi would be functional as well.

• Armor Rings grant Rage each use - Buff rings are intended to generate Rage only when used at a Rage Rank higher than their current one; currently, Armor rings grant Rage any time their buff replaces the current one, meaning they can be used repeatedly to gain Rage in an unintended manner. Since other buffs do work appropriately in this regard, the solution should be primarily a matter of copy-paste.

• Meat's broken healing - Meat is intended to heal only as much as its additional buff amount with each use; currently, it heals the full buff amount with each use at a higher Rage Rank. This means that Meat used progressively at RR1, RR2, RR3, then RR4 generates substantially more healing than using it immediately at RR4 - an unintended advantage.

I'm confident there are more, but I suspect someone - gataka - will remember them before I do... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff