Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smitten Fatcat

So yesterday, I played saw mill for a while but was only making 3k each round. I know I couldn't have reached my max because I checked later and realized I only made about 30k all day -_-. So I thought I'd come back on and try again and I still only make 3k-4k each round! I'd like some gold thankyou. Can anyone fix or explain my dilemma?
You reached the gold Nerf.
Without Donor Status you gain a lot less gold after you make 50k in a day.
The Nerf resets at 12PM PST.

Smitten Fatcat

Binary Mess
What's donor status?
ShiyWolf
So yesterday, I played saw mill for a while but was only making 3k each round. I know I couldn't have reached my max because I checked later and realized I only made about 30k all day -_-. So I thought I'd come back on and try again and I still only make 3k-4k each round! I'd like some gold thankyou. Can anyone fix or explain my dilemma?

3 things come to my mind, from what I feel is most likely to least likely:

1) Your crew wasn't full (/the entire crew didn't always enter), which means there were not as many saw spawns~

2) People were not properly using their buffs, which does give a luck boost when fully raged~

3) The difficulty chosen was lower than you expected~

There are 1 or 2 more minor possibilities, but I think one or more of these 3 are your issue~
Binary Mess

Person stated 30k was made in a day~

You would be getting around 1k max per PS run if you were nerfed~

Smitten Fatcat

Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf

1) Your crew wasn't full (/the entire crew didn't always enter), which means there were not as many saw spawns~

2) People were not properly using their buffs, which does give a luck boost when fully raged~

There are 1 or 2 more minor possibilities, but I think one or more of these 3 are your issue~

I was leader and monitoring everything and things were going smoothly. I told them when to use buffs and such and they did. We used normal each time. Then 2 others in my crew exclaimed for having the same problem. Someone left and I recrewted them but then they seemed to be achieving 6k-8k each round.
ShiyWolf
Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf

I was leader and monitoring everything and things were going smoothly. I told them when to use buffs and such and they did. We used normal each time. Then 2 others in my crew exclaimed for having the same problem. Someone left and I recrewted them but then they seemed to be achieving 6k-8k each round.

Was everything rage rank 4 buffed?~

Also, in my experiences with PS, you would make on average 5k max per run on hard; I don't see any issue here really~

Smitten Fatcat

Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf
Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf

Was everything rage rank 4 buffed?~

Also, in my experiences with PS, you would make on average 5k max per run on hard; I don't see any issue here really~

I have been PSing for about 3 years now and we usually only R4 like Div and Coy and we (I) mostly get around 8k per round. This is the first time I noticed a 3k limit.. Hard and Normal give the same amount now. And, I still see an issue because I feel cheated for playing for hours and hardly getting I did about 3 days ago.
ShiyWolf

In the past couple days, I have been doing PS runs to the gold cap. And in the crews I've been in, it takes just over an hour to hit the 50k cap~

Each wave of saws, on normal and at CL 5.0, gives on average around 600 gold per wave (sometimes more or less; this is just general observation). I have the highest ghi luck boost, integrity, fitness, rr4 coyote, and rr4 divinity on. This gives 31 luck, or 31% more gold from killing monsters. There's roughly 7 waves of saws total in each round (maybe 6). 4-5 of them to start off PS, then the Mama saws spawn... and in another 2 waves of saws, Papa Saw usually appears~

So assuming the 600 gold per wave, that's 4200 gold on average from drops by killing the mobs of saws. When you include the bonus the extra bit from killing Mamas and Papa, + the final reward for completing the saw mill, it brings it up to around 4500 (again, roughly)~

Each wave takes, for the groups I've been in, about 40-45 seconds from the time the first group of saws appear to the next group (we just stand in a corner and all use fire rain once. If there are any surviving saws, they tend to be picked off with 1 round of water balloon). So if we factor that in (and using the higher value), it's about 5 and a quarter minutes. Factoring in killing papa saw himself, then leaving and restarting the instance, it comes to about 6 minutes when being efficient~

With that said, I just don't really believe you~

I also do not believe the accusations of making more than that per run. Unless you deliberately do not finish off the Mama saws and/or Papa saw as quickly as possible or somehow get them stuck~

...Sorry for the rather long "counter" to your statements. But yeah, those are my observations based on what I recently observed and know about the game~

Smitten Fatcat

Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf

In the past couple days, I have been doing PS runs to the gold cap. And in the crews I've been in, it takes just over an hour to hit the 50k cap~

Each wave of saws, on normal and at CL 5.0, gives on average around 600 gold per wave (sometimes more or less; this is just general observation). I have the highest ghi luck boost, integrity, fitness, rr4 coyote, and rr4 divinity on. This gives 31 luck, or 31% more gold from killing monsters. There's roughly 7 waves of saws total in each round (maybe 6). 4-5 of them to start off PS, then the Mama saws spawn... and in another 2 waves of saws, Papa Saw usually appears~

So assuming the 600 gold per wave, that's 4200 gold on average from drops by killing the mobs of saws. When you include the bonus the extra bit from killing Mamas and Papa, + the final reward for completing the saw mill, it brings it up to around 4500 (again, roughly)~

Each wave takes, for the groups I've been in, about 40-45 seconds from the time the first group of saws appear to the next group (we just stand in a corner and all use fire rain once. If there are any surviving saws, they tend to be picked off with 1 round of water balloon). So if we factor that in (and using the higher value), it's about 5 and a quarter minutes. Factoring in killing papa saw himself, then leaving and restarting the instance, it comes to about 6 minutes when being efficient~

With that said, I just don't really believe you~

I also do not believe the accusations of making more than that per run. Unless you deliberately do not finish off the Mama saws and/or Papa saw as quickly as possible or somehow get them stuck~

...Sorry for the rather long "counter" to your statements. But yeah, those are my observations based on what I recently observed and know about the game~

Thanks for calculating it for me. But, I wouldn't post this if I was lying.. I just wanted to know why I wasn't getting gold.. I'll just assume I nerfed and I'll go back on later.

I'm the type of person who will play gaia for weeks on non-stop, get busy with something else and maybe not come on for a month or 2. So I'm not all caught up with the changes and such. I just remember about a year or two ago, I would get about 8k each round and I could play for hours. But I guess it must have changed.

Thanks anyway.
ShiyWolf

The PS nerf has been in effect for more than a year. I think since the time DMS first released or before that~

Sorry again~ mad

Smitten Fatcat

Fr33d0m4ever
ShiyWolf

The PS nerf has been in effect for more than a year. I think since the time DMS first released or before that~

Sorry again~ mad
then its probably that
Fr33d0m4ever
Binary Mess

Person stated 30k was made in a day~

You would be getting around 1k max per PS run if you were nerfed~

I got more than 50k while Nerfed, just takes more work and/or a complete oblivion of the Nerf to realize that you get less gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff