Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been looking around the forums a bit and have seen that the topic on fixing broken quests in zOMG is closed. Are they done with that or is there still time to submit info?
Ixxirr
I've been looking around the forums a bit and have seen that the topic on fixing broken quests in zOMG is closed. Are they done with that or is there still time to submit info?

I'd say they're likely not going to fix issues that way~

As an explanation...

For current cases, you have to wait for the zOMG team to either:

1) Look at your case individually~

2) Deliver a fix for everyone~

**There have been rare cases where, after an update to the game, some quests un-glitch... but at the same time, npcs for other users stop talking~

That said, they have tried doing method one here~

However, due to the vast numbers of individual cases, including the variations of each, I assume it was and still is locked down for 2 reasons:

1) Too much time to spend fixing every individual problem that comes up~

2) Individual fixes not actually working/too complex for each unique account's situation~

Again, these are simply my thoughts... but well, if they were intent on continuing with method one, I feel they would've made threads like this one for specific npc fixes~ (and even this didn't fix all cases of everyone's problems with this npc~)
With that said, you don't think they're just going to eventually toss the whole issue, do you?
I'm kind of tempted to just make a new account and send all my stuff over.

Pretty durn tempted. neutral
Ixxirr
With that said, you don't think they're just going to eventually toss the whole issue, do you?
I'm kind of tempted to just make a new account and send all my stuff over.

Pretty durn tempted. neutral

If by "toss the whole issue", you mean not give out individual fixes... then yes, likely~

Though that said... I'm going with "not fixed how most people would like it fixed, or when they would like it fixed"~

There has been word of a "new game +" feature they want to make. However, there is very little development on zOMG currently... as most of the zOMG team are working on other non-zOMG projects as well~ I assume most of their time went into this Halloween event update~

Here's that post mentioning a game reset~
Well I didn't necessarily mean individual fixes. I don't know about how stuff like this works, but I was thinking they could just close up zOMG for a while to do a complete "Big Fix" or something. Again, I don't know anything about how they go about this stuff but thanks for your input. This "new game+" idea sounds pretty interesting though.
Ixxirr
Well I didn't necessarily mean individual fixes. I don't know about how stuff like this works, but I was thinking they could just close up zOMG for a while to do a complete "Big Fix" or something. Again, I don't know anything about how they go about this stuff but thanks for your input. This "new game+" idea sounds pretty interesting though.

Hm... unless they can make some piece of... "code" (as a generic term I guess) that can be put into the game that, upon playing the game after some hypothetical update, fixes things... it won't change anything~

Thing is is, game development (new stuff, fixing things that don't work for everyone, etc) can happen while the game's servers are live~

Plus, in that thread you described (and I linked~), they did do individual user fixes while the servers were up and running~

...Yeah, it's different from other games, but zOMG was built around gaia (a site)... whereas other games were built only as a game... with maybe a site to support it~

That's also just my thoughts on the concept behind it; not sure if it's entirely right or wrong~

I'd say go for a new account if you haven't passed Zen Gardens yet... if I recall, it's a couple hours of playing to get back to the point where Zen Gardens is tolerable/doable~
I dunno if they've thought of this yet, but what about updating it so that quests are abort-able so that you can trash a quest and completely restart it from the beginning? It SOUNDS really simple, right? I wonder...
Ixxirr
I dunno if they've thought of this yet, but what about updating it so that quests are abort-able so that you can trash a quest and completely restart it from the beginning? It SOUNDS really simple, right? I wonder...

Sounds simple, but since the game wasn't designed that way from the start, not exactly plausible~

Things that have to be done include:

-Adding/redesigning the user interface to allow it~

-Making sure it actually does work instead of simply lock people out (like most people are now~)

-Make sure that abandoning quests cannot be abused~ (I know that for one part in particular, it would be easy to abuse for getting a normally hard-to-earn badge~)

-Make sure this doesn't introduce more problems than what it was out to fix (which it very well could... since not all cases happen to the same people~)
Yeah, I suppose with every idea comes consequences. >__<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces