Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Master zOMG Glitch Link List
Link alllll the bugs
last updated 6/24/12 3am central

Trying to compile a link list based on Berryfarmer's thread at swarf's request: The numbers are multiples of that report.

swarf
Hey guys, this thread isn't going very well so far. I'm really serious about this. If halzy spends his time doing a lot of investigation into broad descriptions of bugs or screenshots but doesn't have a bug thread with full details where he can ask additional questions, then he'll get just a couple bugs fixed with his time.

If you want bugs fixed, we need full bug report threads. Link 'em!

General
exclaim Broken Quests & Silent NPCs: A compilation of broken quests, too many, this needs its own thread for links.
Old broken quests/silent NPCs thread: Many of these are still problems, this thread is locked but it might still have useful information in it.

(Partly) Fixed! 5/14/12Broken, Missing or 42 million orbs: Variants and workarounds for the glitched orb counter.

exclaim Orb counter remains at 0: This is still a problem

Upgrading with shadow orbs not possible: Inventory has two icons of shadow orbs, can't upgrade (rare)

I have no rings though there are rings in my inventory. (rare)

My rings disappeared, Rings disappeared while smobbing, screenshot in dms, notice cl remains at 12.0 but 3 ring slots are empty.

Unsoulbound ring remains unsoulbound when equipped with screenshots

Bots exist, Bots defeated

exclaim Donor status not activating. Possibly caused by purchasing directly in game instead of cash shop

In the null with someone else after crew has been disbanded, with screenshot. (rare)

Dazed in the null chamber, screenshot, 2: Can happen by getting dazed and then having to use "/stuck" (Buzzkill does this a lot apparently). Also can happen by jumping into the null when trying to avoid death (Jack, KJ spawns).

Loading Issues

Stuck on "connecting to server": Workaround is to log into and out of a mule account and try again.

Unverified account- "GSI Error, -3 Unverified Account", prevents users from loading zOMG!, with screenshot.

Stuck on Loading UI, with screenshot

Constantly disconnected

Stuck between screens, with screenshot: Unable to move either way, game totally freezes.

Visual Glitches
Ring stats in ring information not showing

Upgrading rings a full level causes "You are not a member of a crew" instead of "You have upgraded xxx ring to 12.0!" (with screenshot)

Sweetheart causes white dots to follow your avatar.

Ring sets don't glow

Quest flags don't disappear with screenshot

Deadman's Shadow
exclaim Alastor quest update glitches 1st form of Kamila, another

100% Room Glitch, another reported, another, another: Get to the 100% room and it's empty.
screenshot, screenshot, screenshot

exclaim DMS Instances Resetting: Various ways that the yellow maze or green maze can or has reset in DMS.

Kamila moves too close: "Where Kamila will move right on top of whoever has aggro and will move to follow whenever that person moves."

Village Greens
Fixed! 5/14/12*****Stuck in training, Village Greens Training glitched, Stuck in training: (screenshot), another
"I just started ZOMG and i can't go to the next area after i keep going back into the game. My first try was fine but now i can't even shoot the monsters or go to the next area... the commander keeps running around if the system lets me shoot the monsters."

NOT Fixed! Despite report on 6/4/12 General mayhem, 2: Randomly stops spawning gnomes, keeping new users from advancing, on Normal and Hard difficulties.
--The 7th wave on Normal never appears.

Zen Gardens
NOT Fixed, despite report! 6/4/12 Clutch fly by, 2, Video: Mini event does not spawn any clutches

Otami Ruins
Blood tree quest not working

Gold Beach
P3 Event (with video)- P3s stop spawning.

Shallow Seas
EB rewards, 2- They don't grant for some people no matter how many times they beat EB.
Brain clams stick you to rocks (with screenshot)

Badges
Lawnshark event: Doesn't grant badges when it's supposed to, screenshot included.

Midas Touch: doesn't grant after killing a golden egg.

Chat & Communications Issues
Jabber Error 401: Not Authorized, 2: Makes Whispers and Clan Chat unavailable

Easter
Barton Town Easter Loot: Barton town's code for the easter event has not been updated, so eggs there drop loot from 2008, including strawberry chocolate eggs and the sundae sweets recipe.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Need These Links!
Help!

These are glitches that do not seem to have any documentation.

If you have first hand experience, screenshots, video, or any other information relating to these glitches, please create a thread and link to it here!

DMS Related Glitches:

• Ghi Glitch- During Kamila Bloodlust form- "glitches when people disconnect in there. It drops even when there are 6 people in crew on the same screen."
    Cause: Something about programming not recognizing there are other players on screen?

• Ghi Amp- From Mage, "This is a bit of a more recent one. In the Green Maze inside DMS, I would use a Ghi Amp, but at times, it would glitch and not activate. For a period of time, I would be amp-less, and unable to use it."
    Cause: Unknown

Game Progression Quests, NPCs and Upgrading:

• Null Chamber reset- For some players their null chamber resets meaning they have to reattune every crystal. While this isn't game breaking it can be a bit of a nuisance.
    Cause: Unknown, may be player information related.

Visual Glitches
  • Level Cap- Visual glitch where when someone level caps their new capped level doesn't update in the crew pane.
    Cause: Coding for level displays in crew panel not updating?

• Queen Lorelei- Demi-boss in Shallow Seas is still invisible.
    Cause: Unknown, her sprite is in the programming, maybe it is not being called properly?

• Fear and the RR- Visual glitch where pressing "R" twice causes your rings to unlock from fear status, allows you to "use" your rings but they have no effect.
    Cause: Probably has to do with opening your ring inventory already locking use of rings and closing it unlocking it overriding the lock placed by fear status.

• Buff information- Visual glitch in crew panel where it shows a lower raged buff overwriting the higher rage. "Which is confusing and has even led to some heated arguments in game when someone blasts another person for "over-writing" their strong Buff with a weaker one."

• Buff Drop- A variant of the Buff Information glitch, this however happens after an RR4 buff has been applied, when it randomly drops to RR1.

• Animated vanish- Only to return with whatever health they had before the killing blow. Sometimes an animated dies, but then returns seconds later with some left-over HP and continues attacking you.
    Cause: Some kind of lag between displaying the enemy and when it is attacked?

• Loot not showing up in inventory ingame.
    Cause: In game inventory not communicating with actual inventory?

Communications Issues:

• Clan chat- Doesn't work.

Gameplay Mechanics

• Unable to Unsuppress in Null - Sometimes when you die with suppressed CL you are unable to unsuppress to your maximum CL in null chamber. This is only fixed when you do a hard refresh and completely log out of the game. (You can further suppress your CL in null, and unsuppress to the CL you died at, but no further.)

• Enemy Knockback - Sometimes knocks players out of the map. Maybe set up boundary walls to prevent this?
    Cause: Map boundaries with collision settings aren't being applied to knockback distances.

• Robofish Fear Effect - Can sometimes cause people to run off the cliff into the main Sealab Compound prematurely.
    Cause: System cannot distinguish between involuntary movement due to fear and player selected movement. Perhaps lock changing areas while under fear effects?

• Sitting While Crowd Controlled - You are able to sit while crowd controlled. This negates the running while feared only for you to suddenly jump to where you would have been without sitting.
    Cause: Name says it all.

• Buff Rage- Sometimes despite adequate rage and time holding the ring, the buff fires at RR3 instead of RR4 forcing re-rage and rebuff.
    Cause: Discrepancy between the rage bar indicated and the actual rage value.

• Survive with 0 Health - Sometimes someone's health displayed in the crew panel drops to 0 without invoking dazed status. Probably healed as they got to 0.
    Cause: Possible lag from what is happening to what is displayed?

• Crewed with Zombies - Sometimes when people daze and are either defibed or use a revive, the crew panel still shows them as dazed, making them an invalid target for buffs or heals. Side note: Sometimes they display still having buffs at whatever they were at when they originally dazed.
    Cause: Crew panel information not updating properly?

• Sub-Boss Level Change - Upon reaching Queen Lorelei with sufficient spawns cleared to register at the normal level. When she spawns more Sea Spouts mid fight her level suddenly jumps to the speed preventing level.
    Cause Has something to do with killing a borderline number of foes then the additional spawns mid battle change it to a value of not enough. Maybe have the code lock her at the lower level once she is damaged?

• End Boss Switches - Similar issue to Sub-Boss Level change. Sufficient spawns are defeated to properly trigger the switches however something spawns as they are pulled shifting the balance back to not enough. Yields the message that switches were pulled properly, but then displays the switch lockdown message.
    Cause: See Sub-Boss Level Change

• Unable to Enter/Start Instance - Sometimes despite a crew leader selecting a difficulty when the crew tries to enter an instance it will display some kind of failure message. The Sawmill for example has the "You must defeat the Buzz Saws guarding the entrance" despite them being destroyed multiple times. Another variant doesn't even allow difficulty selection, displaying "Your crew leader must be in ______ to make a selection" despite crew leader being in correct location.

• Passive effects still work when you're Dazed
    Cause: Something to do with passive rings always being on?

• Rings from Marketplace Not Soulbinding- When equipped, worked around by charge swap.
    Cause: In game inventory not communicating with actual inventory?

• Health Drop when Ring Switching- "The game fails to factor a player's current G'hi bonuses when switching rings. This causes a players Health to drop unusually when switching ring locations while equipped, which is in-turn used to generate Rage (via Bandage) in an unintended manner."
    Cause: Health when changing rings does not take Ghi boost into account. Rings are able to be moved from finger to finger outside the Null Chamber.

Ring Use Related Glitches

• Meat's Broken Healing- "Meat is intended to heal only as much as its additional buff amount with each use; currently, it heals the full buff amount with each use at a higher Rage Rank. This means that Meat used progressively at RR1, RR2, RR3, then RR4 generates substantially more healing than using it immediately at RR4 - an unintended advantage."
    Cause: Meat buffs to a certain HP mark, if your health is below full it heals the difference in marks, maybe something to do with how the extra HP is recognized? Sweetheart increases max health but doesn't have healing bonus.

• Armor Rings Grant Rage Each Use- "Buff rings are intended to generate Rage only when used at a Rage Rank higher than their current one; currently, Armor rings grant Rage any time their buff replaces the current one, meaning they can be used repeatedly to gain Rage in an unintended manner."
    Cause: Has to do with how rage is granted on buffs, each time an armor buff is applied it overwrites the existing buff unless the existing is a higher level.

• Defib Invalid Targets- You can activate Defib on a live target at melee range ("Invalid Target", partial animation, ring reloads). Alternate Variant: Ocassionally, you Defib someone, and the animation plays, your rage is used, and the cooldown starts... but the person remains dazed.
    Cause: Targeting can't distinguish between valid and invalid targets?

Miscellaneous/Uncategorized Glitches:

• BB Full Exit- Upon taking the eastern exit from Buccaneer Boardwalk Full the entrance/exit boundary can cause you to re-enter the full boardwalk.
    Cause: Where the entry boundary is versus where the exit spawn point is.

• Map Resets- On occasion area maps reset. As put by IceSharpie, "One of the more obvious situation I can think of is when going into sealab, clicking the door to robos then running to the next screen below or right before they wrap you to sealab will cause your sealab map to reset."
    Cause: Perhaps something to do with how player information is saved and stored.

• Broken badge grant- The Re-Composing quest in Barton Town. Ranch Hand in Bill's Ranch. Hit the Road Jack for Halloween 2k11 players.
    Cause: Broken code?

• Goofball and Fountain Game- These two mini-games were removed because they were glitchy and buggy. With other glitches getting looked at would it possible for these two pastimes getting fixed and playable again?
    Cause: Apparently they were broken to begin with?

Fixed!
  • Voice fonts/changers- For the long removed Vivox feature are still purchasable in the store in-game.
    Cause: They just haven't been removed from the in game shop.

• Pant and heartbeat- Get a volume adjust for these effects?
    Cause: They don't fall under the Sound FX for volume control.

• Cure Powerup- Release it again? More possible revenue.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Need More Info

These glitches have been documented but still need more information, examples, or screenshots.

DMS Instances Resetting: Various ways that the yellow maze or green maze can or has reset in DMS, needs far more specific examples.

Broken Quests & Silent NPCs: A compilation, needs screenshots and examples.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
OPEN

emotion_awesome

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Quotable Dabbler

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I hope someone can help us. smile

3,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
ok, so i got one that may just be localized to my profile, but with the recepies you find, itwill not let me create anything, i have al of the resources, an even though i have over 4k gia gold, it says in the recepie components that i only have one, i have one gia cash, but more than enough gold, so...
Hey Owlie
There's a glitch in Papa Saw where suddenly the saws stop coming and you have to restart the instance. I know it has happened to me a few times, and I've heard it mentioned a few various times around the forums and on zOMG, but I don't think that anyone's documented it.
The cause seems to be if you stand too close to the wall, the saws will just stop coming. This is just a guess though, because I haven't been able to recreate the glitch myself to document it.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-bugs/zen-garden-fly-by-event-not-functioning-properly/t.76523473/

Another repeat that seems to have gotten buried. ^^;;

Also: your list seems to be missing the Trophy Hunters mini-event in Gold Beach. D:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-bugs/gold-beach-problem/t.80105775/ *not my thread

Gonna try to get some video for that thread. xP

Edit: video added. owo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas