• Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
swarf
pirate

Berryfarmer
What: DMS Maps Resetting

How
Happens in crews, and can be reproduced with some certainty however finding volunteers is a tricky subject so reliable reproduction is hard to come by. When everyone dazes while progressing through DMS the practice is to leave someone to anchor the instance. When said anchor is not the crew leader the instance has a habit of resetting leaving the anchor stranded where they are and the rest of the crew having to start the instance over. This leads to the possibility of wasting time, energy and powerups. It happens more frequently in the player dubbed green rooms, hundred percent rooms and the crypt.

Additional Information

DMS Maps Resetting:
The green rooms seem to reset when someone disconnects or the crown leaves the green rooms. Passing the crown to someone in the yellow maze, even one room away from green, will trigger a reset. The game gives you a prompt, "The leader must be in Bill's Ranch to select a difficulty setting" as someone tries to enter Deadman's Pass, which always leads to a reset yellow maze.

original post
"Just had another instance reset.

One person d/c in the green room, so we wiped. Everyone except me (leader) went to the null and then walked back to the final door of the yellow maze. Someone went into the gr, I passed the crown, awakened, walked back myself, and had the crown passed back to me. When they awakened from the green maze the "Your crew leader has to be in bills ranch" message appeared and yellow maze has been reset.

The rest of the crew was stuck in the last yellow room.

Crew disbanded."

I've also had an instance reset using the attunement door. We cleared the first green room and we wiped in the second. Several people awakened and went to the first cleared green room. The crown was passed to one of these. The rest awakened and then got the bills ranch message. We found the entrance to the yellow maze reset and when trying to get into the green rooms anyway it took us to a different "first" green room, leaving the members in the clear room stuck.

I volunteer for testing the instance reset if you ever plan on doing it c:

Had an instance reset?

Post details to help it get fixed!!

Benevolent Codger

Thank you for making an actual thread about this - I considered making one myself, but since I've got no personal experience with this glitch, it didn't seem entirely appropriate for me to do so. And as such, I'm afraid all I can contribute is to re-state what I said in DARKNRGY's original Bug Reports thread:
Quote:

DMS Maze Resets - This is something of a big one, and unfortunately I don't have much personal experience. Based on an account of it that I heard yesterday, however, there's a distinct possibility that the 'reset' is not so much a 'reset', as the creation of a new maze alongside the existing (cleared) one. As such, it's possible that the conditions for generating a new maze are a little loose, and I'd suggest looking into that.

The account I heard involved one player disconnecting from her crew, and after re-connecting and attempting to catch back up (using the "attuned door" near the entrance), found herself in a decidedly un-cleared Green Maze. The curious bit was that she had Crewmates inside the Green Maze - in fact, they were waiting in the room she should've been entering, which was cleared; those Crewmates were able to watch her enter the room, and saw her daze from 'invisible enemies'. I would guess the players were mutually visible because all of them were in 'room0' of the Green Maze, despite the fact that those were obviously two different mazes. Unfortunately it would be extremely time-consuming to test this glitch, so all I can offer up are the accounts I hear about it.

Also, worth noting: I don't believe quotes send Notices from the first post of a thread, so if you were aiming to get swarf's attention by quoting him, you may need to try once more... sweatdrop

Partying Sex Symbol

I think two days ago, we waited in gr for almost two hours trying to crew one person, since the server we were on was dead and one person (not the leader) went to another server and got someone. We all waited for the two to come back, no one D/C while the 4 of us we're in GR and then they came back and the new person was attuned. She died when using the door because the rooms reset even though the 4 of us were waiting the whole time in the what, 7th GR? Waste of time. :l

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
swarf
pirate

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
From luze, "This has happened to me twice in DMS and I heard of at least another time it happened in a crew I was in before. One time all of a suddenly our crew was split into 2 halves of 2 and 4 players each. We were in the same maze but unable to find each other or see each other outside on bills ranch. This happened in yellow maze. Something similar must have happened to the other crew in green rooms. Needless to say both games could not be continued."

Invisible Loiterer

[ My issue was I had a crew getting ready to try and do a tuna run. But we still wanted to get as much loot as we could in the YM so we capped.
When we reached the GR we all died, of course, so someone stayed there to anchor (which means stay in the instance) and we all went to the null to change our levels. When we all went back to the gate to enter DMP, boom, it asked us to pick an instance level. I clicked easy, because I had no idea what this was.
Soon we found out, the YM had reset and our anchor was stuck in the GR.
The next round we did, we tried it again, and the same thing happened, even though we kept the crown in the GR.

It took us three tries to make it through a few GRs. (And that's when we ran the YM without suppressing.)

(Totally unrelated. We got trolled so bad. Finally made it through some green rooms and we got an impossible one... A NF that instantly came after us, and three swarms of BBs. I still haven't gotten tuna. :c ANYWAYS)

Is that the detail you wanted Owlie?
]

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
ChuVonya

[ My issue was I had a crew getting ready to try and do a tuna run. But we still wanted to get as much loot as we could in the YM so we capped.
When we reached the GR we all died, of course, so someone stayed there to anchor (which means stay in the instance) and we all went to the null to change our levels. When we all went back to the gate to enter DMP, boom, it asked us to pick an instance level. I clicked easy, because I had no idea what this was.
Soon we found out, the YM had reset and our anchor was stuck in the GR.
The next round we did, we tried it again, and the same thing happened, even though we kept the crown in the GR.

It took us three tries to make it through a few GRs. (And that's when we ran the YM without suppressing.)

(Totally unrelated. We got trolled so bad. Finally made it through some green rooms and we got an impossible one... A NF that instantly came after us, and three swarms of BBs. I still haven't gotten tuna. :c ANYWAYS)

Is that the detail you wanted Owlie?
]

Thanks for posting!

So the yellow maze reset even though the crown never left the green rooms? gonk

Invisible Loiterer

Owlie

Thanks for posting!

[ For us it did. :c Sucked. That was the worst tuna attempt... EVER ]

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
ChuVonya
Owlie

Thanks for posting!

[ For us it did. :c Sucked. That was the worst tuna attempt... EVER ]

From what I've been seeing, keeping the crown there is supposed to help, but now... emotion_facepalm

Did the leader refresh at all while anchoring? Or anything else specific you can remember about that time?

Invisible Loiterer

Owlie

From what I've been seeing, keeping the crown there is supposed to help, but now... emotion_facepalm

Did the leader refresh at all while anchoring? Or anything else specific you can remember about that time?

[ Not that I know of. They just sat there. .-.
Maybe I just have really really bad luck Dx
]

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
ChuVonya
Owlie

]

If you could PM whoever anchored for you and ask them if they refreshed, changed browsers, disconnected or anything unusual...? This is incongruent from what I've experienced.

Just to be entirely sure, it will really help with bug reporting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sweatdrop

Invisible Loiterer

Owlie
ChuVonya
Owlie

]

If you could PM whoever anchored for you and ask them if they refreshed, changed browsers, disconnected or anything unusual...? This is incongruent from what I've experienced.

Just to be entirely sure, it will really help with bug reporting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sweatdrop

[ Well it was my boyfriend at the time and I was on skype with him at the time.
He really did just sit there.
]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas