Give Away prizes given out Jan 1st 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 22 ]
<3 0.67532467532468 67.5% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Soreiyu
I'm 29 and I assume everyone is younger as well. I did find 3 people in this forum event who were older than me.

I prefer random gift threads. I don't like being required to gift someone. I mean in threads like those people whore out their wishlists and expect you to spent millions on them. It's a little.... I can't think of the word...

I remember seeing something on someone's profile that said they were a grandma

I dont know...I like the 'give to the person above you' kind of threads because then everyone gets something. I just didnt like how I spent so much and got so little back. Maybe I'm being selfish, (is that the word you were thinking of?) but I just really like presents >.< But I also like going out of my way to find someone something they actually might like. I guess I just wish it was a bit more equal

Well, coming into it, I had this kind of vision in my mind that I would get an amazing gift, so that's what I tried to give everyone else. After the first few times, I figured I was just not getting the right person. But after some more, I realized I was never going to, and I left. I guess I could've just bought myself something with the gold I spent on presents, but it just feels better when someone gives you something nice. The best present I've ever gotten on gaia was not something on my wishlist, but if you knew me, you would've known it was something that I'd love. And I did end up really liking it and I wear it quite often.
Since then my philosophy on giving gifts is try to get something on their wishlist in my preferred price range, if there is none, search the MP for one. They might not realize what they like until it's right in front of them.
Like I said, I've ranted about this quite a lot, sorry sweatdrop

Quotable Shapeshifter

Quote:
Iceland Peppermint
*has been stalking thread* Hello! What a nice thread you have here!

Hello

Quotable Shapeshifter

LostPhantasii
Soreiyu
I'm 29 and I assume everyone is younger as well. I did find 3 people in this forum event who were older than me.

I prefer random gift threads. I don't like being required to gift someone. I mean in threads like those people whore out their wishlists and expect you to spent millions on them. It's a little.... I can't think of the word...

I dont know...I like the 'give to the person above you' kind of threads because then everyone gets something. I just didnt like how I spent so much and got so little back. Maybe I'm being selfish, (is that the word you were thinking of?) but I just really like presents >.< But I also like going out of my way to find someone something they actually might like. I guess I just wish it was a bit more equal

Well, coming into it, I had this kind of vision in my mind that I would get an amazing gift, so that's what I tried to give everyone else. After the first few times, I figured I was just not getting the right person. But after some more, I realized I was never going to, and I left. I guess I could've just bought myself something with the gold I spent on presents, but it just feels better when someone gives you something nice. The best present I've ever gotten on gaia was not something on my wishlist, but if you knew me, you would've known it was something that I'd love. And I did end up really liking it and I wear it quite often.
Since then my philosophy on giving gifts is try to get something on their wishlist in my preferred price range, if there is none, search the MP for one. They might not realize what they like until it's right in front of them.

Hi there I'm to be fifty this year 2012, and so proud of it.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LostPhantasii

I'm sure there is a fair amount of people here who are over 40. It's just hard to judge age on the internet.

I think making a thread like that is fine, but perhaps a modified version would be better. Say 10 pages of chat 5 of gifting then 10 pages of chat again. This way you can get to know people before giving them anything. It's also a good way to see who is there just for something free.

I'd make a fule that wishlists are not allowed in the thread. That way it's not as obnoxious.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
edokitty

Thank you for the pin.

Sugary Gaian

iiGen

aw no :/ well maybe itll improve after being introduced to more illness ? maybe not just throwing out ideas haha
O_O I think not. O_O

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I almost thought that this thread had become active again.

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Soreiyu
I'm sure there is a fair amount of people here who are over 40. It's just hard to judge age on the internet.

I think making a thread like that is fine, but perhaps a modified version would be better. Say 10 pages of chat 5 of gifting then 10 pages of chat again. This way you can get to know people before giving them anything. It's also a good way to see who is there just for something free.

I'd make a fule that wishlists are not allowed in the thread. That way it's not as obnoxious.

That's a great idea 3nodding
Next year, do you want to co-make the thread with me emotion_kirakira
That way, we'd keep each other company in case nobody shows up emo

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
craftmama1
Hi there I'm to be fifty this year 2012, and so proud of it.

Oh, congrats! : )

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Soreiyu
I almost thought that this thread had become active again.

I have a feeling this thread will die out soon...or at most eventually, what with the holidays ending and everything
We should go inhabit another (preferable more active) thread

Dapper Dabbler

18,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Pixitella
iiGen

aw no :/ well maybe itll improve after being introduced to more illness ? maybe not just throwing out ideas haha
O_O I think not. O_O

that sucks big time Pix * hugs *

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LostPhantasii

I'm not good at making threads, but I can help out.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LostPhantasii

I have a feeling this thread will die out soon...or at most eventually, what with the holidays ending and everything
We should go inhabit another (preferable more active) thread

I'm not sure where I will g once this forum dies, but for now I've been chatting in another thread here.

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Soreiyu
LostPhantasii

I'm not good at making threads, but I can help out.

Yeah, well that makes two of us. I've only ever made one my whole gaia life and it was great the first 2 pages then it completely died

edokitty

emotion_kirakira THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE IT. It's sweet how you went through all that trouble
I'm probably not the easiest person to gift because most of the stuff on my wishlist is really expensive sweatdrop
BTW, y u no chat here no more ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LostPhantasii

I can keep a thread alive even if it's just me posting. I'd prolly go broke though. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff