Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallant Goat

35,765 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User Image

Ah, much like Rebecca, I'll probably spend the majority of my time slipping away into a state of dormancy until the next event begins.

Cold Snowflake

The Kyr
None. After so many years,I just have gotten tired of the many a-holes I seem to find in the forums. So I visit them rarely..

Aw! Kyr, I'm sorry to hear that. What with the anonymity people think that they can treat you like rubbish just because you can't see them nor can they see you.

I can't say that I've had that problem because I tend to stick with the forums that I think will be friendly such as the ''welcome to Gaia'' forum and the ''word games forum'' is definitely friendly, without a doubt, friendly.

I think on the internet you are going to find mean people all the time but it's also the same for real life. They are out there and we just have to deal with it.

I suppose if the Gaian is very nasty you could add them to your ignore list and that way they can't bother you. Have you tried that before?

Feline Lunatic

52,790 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
K i m z y
Aw! Kyr, I'm sorry to hear that. What with the anonymity people think that they can treat you like rubbish just because you can't see them nor can they see you.

I can't say that I've had that problem because I tend to stick with the forums that I think will be friendly such as the ''welcome to Gaia'' forum and the ''word games forum'' is definitely friendly, without a doubt, friendly.

I think on the internet you are going to find mean people all the time but it's also the same for real life. They are out there and we just have to deal with it.

I suppose if the Gaian is very nasty you could add them to your ignore list and that way they can't bother you. Have you tried that before?

Eh. I'm not very social to begin with,being mainly a loner type. I can and do enjoy amusing myself. I am a maser at multi-tasking too lol. But if all you do is meet a-holes when you DO try and socialize,you get discouraged and just go back to the things on the site and other sites that you can amuse yourself with,so you don't have to put up with those type of people. As in Real Life,I just don't put up with a-holes....especially since I can choose not to on the net,you don't always have that choice in Real Life.
When I do find people I like,I do socialize with them though. I usually friend or get friended by people I like and we socialize through PMs or the 2 IMs I run or by finding a Forum where we can post and socialize.

Cold Snowflake

The Kyr

Eh. I'm not very social to begin with,being mainly a loner type. I can and do enjoy amusing myself. I am a maser at multi-tasking too lol. But if all you do is meet a-holes when you DO try and socialize,you get discouraged and just go back to the things on the site and other sites that you can amuse yourself with,so you don't have to put up with those type of people. As in Real Life,I just don't put up with a-holes....especially since I can choose not to on the net,you don't always have that choice in Real Life.
When I do find people I like,I do socialize with them though. I usually friend or get friended by people I like and we socialize through PMs or the 2 IMs I run or by finding a Forum where we can post and socialize.

I can understand that. It does discourage you from taking part in the forums if someone is being mean, and there is no doubt about it that I do, in fact, feel somewhat down if someone is saying something mean because you just hope that everyone will be somewhat pleasant, but I know that isn't the case at all, though.

It's funny because I'm not shy on the internet yet in real life I'm really quite shy. I would rather stay indoors than go out and socalize because I feel as though I don't fit in nor am I any good at finding decent friends.

Lonely Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Clambake 200
I spend the most time in CB.
Sometimes i bump around a little in GE as well, when im selling some stuffs xp

Feline Lunatic

52,790 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
K i m z y
I can understand that. It does discourage you from taking part in the forums if someone is being mean, and there is no doubt about it that I do, in fact, feel somewhat down if someone is saying something mean because you just hope that everyone will be somewhat pleasant, but I know that isn't the case at all, though.

It's funny because I'm not shy on the internet yet in real life I'm really quite shy. I would rather stay indoors than go out and socalize because I feel as though I don't fit in nor am I any good at finding decent friends.

I can stand up for myself very well. But I have a lot of health problems right now and don't need the stress a-holes can cause me. In fact I just went through 2 surgeries in the last 5 months. So my decision to deal with those types is to just not socialize much in the places they hang out,which is most of the forums it seems -.-. sweatdrop I am more social online than I am in Real Life,but I still am less social than most others you will meet. You also have to think that I multi-task a lot,so usually while on Gaia I am doing other things too....such as hanging out in my Guild Dream on the MMORPSG I have played for over 12+ years now,then I am either reading Fanfiction or doing some Artwork on my Comp,talking to people on my 2 IMs,etc.....on top of maybe playing games on Gaia or posting on Gaia. So I don't feel deprived lol.

Cold Snowflake

FallenCalamity
Ehh, I'll go back to hanging around charity forums

I prefer events though ;__; so much more fun

I rarely step into the charity forum. It's like the forum that I forget to check out.

I agree. I wonder why that is.

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Th event forums are usually the only ones I visit razz

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Xaos313
User Image

Ah, much like Rebecca, I'll probably spend the majority of my time slipping away into a state of dormancy until the next event begins.

Maybe that is why the event forums are so good
All the lurker come out

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
I reside in the resort world forums, but I makeing my way to some new forums.

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
K i m z y

Lol, I was the same way until I stepped in and found that it's a nice place to talk to people.

Maybe it's because a lot of err... nice people from different forums gather in one place? Less trolls? Holiday spirit... probably something like that... :c well, all good things come to an end. Time to prepare for the next event emotion_awesome

5,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
K i m z y
I'm going to miss this forum. I don't know why but the event forums always seem to be more interesting rather than the original forums.

Interesting Conversationalist

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
K i m z y
I think I will be frequenting the word games forum, welcome to Gaia forum, but probably guilds as well.

I'm going to miss this forum. I don't know why but the event forums always seem to be more interesting rather than the original forums. Does anyone feel the same way?

i agree. event forums are more exciting 4laugh

15,450 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
I don't really have a particular forum I go to, I mainly just lurk around until I find something interesting. But the forums I usually end up on are usually achievements, welcome to gaia, anime/manga/comics, and the gaming discussion forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff