Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

December, 2011 AD.

... December, 1889 AD?

Well, whatever year it is, it's most certainly December, and we're most certainly in London.

But it's not our London.

The year 2011 is a year of tiny electronics, cars driven by batteries, and buildings of steel, concrete, and glass. Our Queen is Elizabeth the Second, and our Prime Minister is David Cameron. It's a bit of a messed up world, but we're all very well used to it. Desensitized, even.

The year 1889... where the hell do I start? Queen Victoria reigns supreme, and Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury sits in the PM chair. The world is rife with problems we're still trying to abolish completely. It's like a different planet. A different planet that looks rather like a Christmas card itself, to be honest. At least on the surface.

And that brings us to our problem again. It's supposed to be 2011. Clearly, it's not. Clearly, something went wrong somewhere. Hopefully we can find it and fix whatever it is before we get shot back any farther into the past. At least Victorian England couldn't be as bad as say... ancient Rome, right?
User Image
User Image

Oh! Hello! What? Who were you expecting?
Something went a bit timey wrong and wrong, of course I'd be here.
I know I'm not wearing a bow tie, but I find this old thing and a banana are just as cool.
I'm not sure exactly what happened or which one of me was involved, but I'll speak for us.
Got to tell you the rules!
And not the stuff you already know, you've probably heard quite enough about paradoxes.
Right, so, where do we start? (I was never very good at following rules myself, but let's keep that between you and me)

1. From what I understand, we call this universe Gaia. They have this thing called the ToS, since they've been kind enough to host all this we should probably follow that.

2. We have rules of reality, effects from actions and general ways of being for a reason. I think you crazy kids call breaking those things godmodding, don't do any of that!

3. If something happens and you're in a position to notice it, you notice it! Honestly, it surprises me how ignorant some beings can manage to be around here...

4. I don't mean to sound like a teacher - really, had a bad experience in a physics class once... physics, physics, physics... - but we like spelling. You know why that's in the rules, but saying it'd spoil the fun.

5. We don't like bumping either! Not the dance, that's all right - especially in Victorian England, these people do know how to party once the alcohol starts flowing mrgreen No! Actually. Wait. We can't introduce it too early, that might break the rhythm of the timeline of dance. We don't like bumping. At all.

6. We have this sort of base of operations, surprisingly sturdy bunker with a brilliant couch. Our rules there apply here too.

Fashionable Explorer

User Image
User Image

Temporal shifts, universes collapsing together, and they gave me contests? Sheesh! Although I guess I can see why, I am the perfect reward. cool

Now ,in contrast to popular belief the Victorian era wasn't nearly as prudish as the history books make out. I would know. But one's thing for sure, they did have GREAT clothes: suit coats, vests, corsets, and tiered skirts--oh sorry that's MY favorite outfit. Heh. Anyways, I want to see everyone taking advantage of our time here. You know, blending in with the locals! Buying them a drink! Taking them back to your ---oops sorry my itinerary again, not yours.

Really...gotta stop doing that.

Make A Victorian Avatar

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sadly, you have to be dressed up for it to count (not just a tektek). I'll keep track of the participants here and at the end I'll announce the winner. I can do this right? I'm an....impartial judge wink

Oh right the reward. What a kiss isn't enough? A night out on the town? Geez you people are hard to please. Well okay fine if that's how you want to play it I guess I can throw a little gold your way too.

Quote:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*Throughout the night they have built their army with the bloody cries of the condemend alien pests and now the Cybermen have become complete once more. On Christmas morning they have invaded every street looking for souls to be...upgraded.*

*Cybermen have no concept of Christmas. Or celebration. Every mind is the same like every day is the same. Marching through the streets in perfect formation you may be afraid. But you should not be.*

CYBERMEN WILL REMOVE FEAR.
CYBERMEN WILL REMOVE SEX, AND CLASS, AND COLOUR, AND CREED.
YOU WILL BECOME IDENTICAL.
YOU WILL BECOME LIKE US.

*Any unfortunate soul they do discover will be drug down to the sewer and they will be made complete.*

(( If you'd like to become temporarily cyber-ized, or partially cyberized feel free to pm this account or just...upgrade yourself xD ))

Anxious Shapeshifter

WOOOO VICTORIAN LONDOOOON. *Breaks all the etiquette rules. ALL THE YELLING.*
*MAKES A DANCE PARTY...BY MYSELF*

Incredible Witch

*now has 7 dozen cookies made and about 3 dozen melted chocolate figures as well and finished with packing gifts into boxes for shipping tomorrow* @_______@ I am nearly ready for Christmas...

*and holy crap, it's cold in Victorian London* D:

Shirtless Gawker

heart heart heart heart heart heart biggrin *Is a Victorian Hooker! *

*Packs paints up in studio and heads out.* Omigod I'm going to have to like get up 6 am for my flight tomorrow I just know it @__________________@

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Swanky new digs, ya'll. o__o I'll have to make a Victorian avatar now huh...

Shirtless Gawker

(( ninja ))
Oh my tardis heart

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Well this will have to do for now ~__~ You guys know I'm fickle with my avatar anyway lol. So what's up?!

Seeker

[Is steampunk allowed? ; A ; ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas