Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
User Image
User Image

Welcome to the Rolling Contest!

This is a simple and easy contest, a diving number contest! Playing is as easy as 1-2-3:
Generate a number between 1 and 9999 with your post.
On your next entry you may generate a number between 1 and the number you last generated.
Continue and hope for a really low number!

For instance:
I make a post, and roll a 6923.
When I make my next post, I may make it between 1 and 6923.

You may only make one of these entry posts per day. Days are counted by Gaia server time, not the individual user's timezone.
First three users to reach 1, or the lowest 3 numbers at the end of December, win a CS prize of their choice.
As of 12/5 the limit is: 300 GC.

If you would prefer, you may instead choose multiple prizes which add up to the limit.

Also, anyone who manages to roll a 1 will win a bonus prize! blaugh

Read Me!
All entries must be made in this thread, to avoid cluttering the main Modmas thread with rolling posts.
If you post an entry anywhere but this thread that I am linking, it will not count.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.76021213_16/][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/sljn05.gif[/img][/url]

This contest has ended! Congratulations to Xalikar, Gust Kanake, and Starlight Angel015!

Keep your eyes peeled for another contest in this post! 4laugh

13angel9's Princess

Timid Cat

13,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
Crossing winter ground
Leaves combed through her hair
Frost Bit' vest
iges of fall

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

År𝖙 𝕮on𝖙es𝖙
Conclusion can be found here

User Image
Description
I want art of the above avi before December 24th.
On December 25th I will decide which submission I consider the best and award prizes.

Rules

• Do not send things to my inbox
  • All entries will be posted in this thread
  • Do not remove/break the image before winners are announced
  • All questions will be posted in the modmas thread (quote me when asking)

Prizes
First Place
Second Place
Third Place

Delicate beauty in white, yet
Im
possible to restrain
The l
ong sleep begins now

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

User Image

INTRODUCTION
Hello! And welcome to the Scavenger Hunt! This is pretty much self explanatory, but it runs a little differently than regular scavenger hunts. There can only be three winners, and this will be determined on a series of points rewarded per clue. More details on how the game works will be posted below.

User Image

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Unlike regular scavenger hunts, the first one to send in all the clues won't necessarily be the winner! Wanna know how you could win? Okay!

Every day for a week I will post 5 things that you have to look for. These things could be things found on Gaia, or Google, or YouTube. These five things will be worth from 1 to 5 points each depending on the difficulty of the clue. This will give you a grand total of 15 points per day!

Now, don't be discouraged if you can't find all 5 things. Send in the ones you do find because they'll count towards your total score! At the end of each day, the first five people to send in all 5 clues will get additional points. But this is only for those who manage to get all five clues.

Also, there might be some extra points awarded at random! So keep an eye out for those too so you can snatch them up before everyone else does. ;3

User Image

ANNOUNCEMENTS

[21/December/2011] The contest is finished early due to the numbers being impossible to pass after a quick check. Congratulations to our winners, Majikina, Twilightprinces1998 and greenphoenixrain! Feel free to PM me to claim your prizes whenever.

[16/December/2011] Due to unexpected events, I am extending the hand in time for today's rule. Instead of having a deadline of midnight, Gaia HQ time, you'll have a deadline of 3:00am Gaia HQ time.
[15/December/2011] Today the Scavenger Hunt starts, woo! Excitement! :D
[9/December/2011] All the spots have been filled. Sorry guys. :c
To those of you who have been able to sign up, congratulations! I will be notifying you all if the contest starts early. Otherwise, move on normally as if the contest starts on the 15th as planned. C:
[7/December/2011] Due to a high demand in sign ups, and me being the only person running this contest, I am limiting the amount of users to 150. Sign ups will still remain open until the 14th, but, if the list reaches 150 users, sign ups will close early. I'm still not sure if the contest will start early as well, but I'll let anyone who has already signed up know if that's the case.

[5/December/2011] Signups have begun! The last day to do so will be on the 14th of December. The contest will start the 15th. Please send me a PM if you're interested in participating and I'll add your name to the Leaderboard List below.

User Image

RULES OF THE HUNT
  • The first and most important rule of all. Do NOT quote this post. Please. I cannot stretch this enough. If you want to participate, send in a PM saying so. Quoting this post will get your request ignored, and possibly you'll lose any chance of joining the contest. I'm sorry if it's too harsh a punishment, but this post is long, and we don't want any page stretching that can disrupt the fun of the other users in the thread, now do we? So please, be considerate of everyone and do not spam up the thread by quoting this, okay? n.n

• You cannot use your own anything in order to find the clues. This means you can't use your username, your mules, your mules usernames, your profile, signature, avi, nothing that belongs to you.

• Also, no, you cannot use any staff members as examples either. This includes admins, devs/artists, mods, and forum assistants.

• Regarding the past two rules, no, you also cannot use as examples the avis/profiles/usernames of your competitors. In other words, other people that sign up for the contest, are automatically off limits for you to grab them to fill out your clues. The point of this is for you to get out and do a little work! If we let you use this, then it'll be too easy, know what I mean?

• You have a day to find the things listed in the clues. This is from the time that I set them up on the post up until 12:00am Gaia Standard Time. Any clues received after that won't be counted towards your score. I will try to notify the contestants when the clues are set up, but I don't promise anything. Clues change every day, so on the most part, it's up to you guys to keep an eye out for them!

• To send the clues you just have to send me a PM with the links/pictures/videos of what was asked for that day. I will then proceed to check them, and if you got all 5, I'll sum up 15 points to your total score. If you got 4, I'll sum up points according to the value of each clue that was gotten correctly. Now, if on one day you can't seem to find a certain clue, don't be discouraged! Send in the ones that you did manage to find. Those will still be summed up to your total score! Each clue will have the value next to it.

• But, this leaves me to something important. DO NOT SPAM MY INBOX! Please. You have more than a few hours to send in the clues, don't send one by one. Suppose we have 10 competitors and each of you sent a PM per clue, that means 50 PM's a day! This is without counting the PM's that I could get on a regular basis. So please, please, please try your best to get as many clues as possible before sending them in. Only send in multiple PM's when you absolutely must. Example: you gave up on finding the last clue, but wanted to get your score in anyway, and then you found it after sending the PM. In that case, it's fine to send in an extra PM with the last clue.

• In the case of a tie, there will be 5 additional clues posted only for those who are tied. In this case, the clues are worth no points, so the first person to send them all in will end up winning the tie breaker! If this is to happen, I'll make sure to notify the users in question via PM.

• Also, try not to team up with your competitors. I don't mean to say you can't do it, but just that if you do, I wash my hands of anything that happens between you guys. For example, if you share answers and the one you gave someone is the one they're missing, and they send in their five clues before you get to send in yours, they get more points at the end for sending them first, that's a point in the lead! So watch your back there, buddy.

• And as usual, rules can be added or removed as I see fit, but they will be announced in the Announcement section of this post. If you have any questions regarding any of them, let me know, please. c:

User Image

CLUES
Clues for Wednesday 21st
The contest is finished! Yay!

User Image

PRIZES
The letters link to the MP, so click for convenience! :D

1st Place Winner
500k + your choice of one of these!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

2nd Place Winner
300k + your choice of one of these!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

3rd Place Winner
100k + your choice of one of these!
User Image User Image User Image

User Image

LEADERBOARD
Here are the first 10 places. If you want to know your score, quote me in this thread asking for your score.

1st Majikina - 134 pts
2nd Twilightprinces1998 - 124 pts
3rd greenphoenixrain - 118 pts
12 Days of Moga

User Image

Goal:

Recreate "The Twelve Days of Christmas" using Monster Galaxy references. Each day starting on December 13th, you will recreate one verse from the classic carol. After twelve days, on December 24th, you will have recreated the entirety of the carol.

Verses to Submit:
December 13th - 1
December 14th - 1 and 2
December 15th - 1, 2, and 3
December 16th - 1, 2, 3, and 4
December 17th - 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
December 18th - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
December 19th - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7
December 20th - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8
December 21st - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
December 22nd - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
December 23rd - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11
December 24th - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12

Prizes:

GRAND PRIZE: Awarded to the best overall recreated carol (all 12 verses together)
Laindeer, Coldbear, and 2 Double XP Potions

DAILY PRIZE: Awarded to the best individual recreated verses each day
10 Starseeds

Other prizes may be awarded at my discretion.

Rules and Guidelines:

1) Must work alone, so only one prize will be given to any entry
2) Do not plagiarize or cheat
3) Keep your entries appropriate
4) Only one entry per day
5) Only the current day's verses can be submitted
6) Each individual can only win the daily prize once

How to Enter:

Send a PM to this account, Moga Chris, with the following:
  • Your submission
  • A link to your Facebook profile

Example
December 13th entry
On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

December 14th entry
On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

December 15th entry
On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves

and so on up until

December 24th entry
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
Twelve Drummers Drumming
Eleven Pipers Piping
Ten Lords a Leaping
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves

Winners

Grand Prize Winner: H3av3n

Daily Prize Winners: Due to the number of entries, everyone who successfully entered one of the daily contests, wins the 10 star seed prize

Raina Mogatrainer, namikaze116, Ducky1205, kitteh_92, Imobile Persephone, Yui-roks, Karina Snow, dyingwill3rd, kraballigator_kelly, Ninja Star Kitten, Nyeha_Cyka, Raven Amaya Tatsuko, kingchibidragon

Didn't win but still want that shiny Laindeer? Just head on over to Monster Galaxy and buy a couple of this month's Chance Item, Celestial Festival, for your chance at winning your very own Laindeer, past or new Galactic Moga, and much more!

User Image

User 30640927 rolled 0 4-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

Posting Contests

Dice Contest - COMPLETED
Quote:

How to Play
  • Make posts in this thread
  • Use the "Roll Dice" Post Action
  • Use 2 100-Sided Die

How to Win
The first 20 users who roll doubles (Both die have the same number) will win 100,000g!

Claim Prize
To claim your prize, send a PM to Uncle Kenny with a link to the post where you rolled the double numbers. The prizes will then be awarded sometime before the end of the month.

Winners:
1 - Rwyka (link)
2 - greenphoenixrain (link)
3 - Ziarinaa (link)
4 - methuselah.alchemist (link)
5 - Hikari219 (link)
6 - iiBeeAshlee (link)
7 - Shugar Rushed (link)
8 - +[Skarekrow]+ (link)
9 - Swyff (link)
10 - aryanayushi (link)
11 - Shayme (link)
12 - XionTheSlayer (link)
13 - Plagen (link)
14 - sarah in a storybook (link)
15 - puffkitty (link)
16 - Kimikasu (link)
17 - II-Midnight-Sakura-II (link)
18 - Red-Zan (link)
19 - H3av3n (link)
20 - Keep Your Voices (link)

Congrats to all the winners! You will receive your prizes throughout the month!

Specific Posts Contest - COMPLETED
Quote:

How to Play
Be the first user to post on page 100, 777, or 1000 of the thread
- OR -
Make the 100th, 777th, or 1000th post in the thread

Prize
A reward of 50,000g will be awarded to each of the users who make the winning posts

Claim Prize
To claim your prize, send a PM to Uncle Kenny with a link to the post where you won and explain which post you were.

Winners
1st post on:
Page 100: Robotic Audio (link)
Page 777: Voq (link)
Page 1000: Alyx_raeZOR_Vayne (link)

100th Post: Majikina (link)
777th Post: JuggaloJesterKaya (link)
1000th Post: Spazzy Azzy (link)

Xmas Dice Contest - COMPLETED
Quote:

How to Play
Roll 3 100 sided dice using the "Roll Dice" Post Action.

How to Win
You roll has the numbers 12, 25, and 11 in any order

Prize
The first 5 users who successfully roll the above three numbers will win 150k!

Winners
Unfortunately, there were no winners for this contest. We hope you had fun trying for this one though and encourage you to come back next year for another chance at winning this one!

Scurvy Pirate

Decorate the Modmas Tree

This worked well last year and brought about a lot of wonderful entries so I'm bringing it back for another round. The holidays are upon us and that means it's time to dust of the ol' Modmas tree and make it shine.

User Image

What to do

Create an ornament to hang upon the Modmas tree

The Rules

Ornaments only
    No animated gifs, only still images please
    No plagiarism, do not use images of real ornaments or images from someone else
    Multiple entries per user are allowed but only one account per individual, please no mules
    Images must ALL be no larger than 60x60 pixels
    All ornaments should be Gaia appropriate

How to Submit

Send an email to gaiacontests at gaiaonline dot com
    Title your email "Modmas 2k11 Tree Ornament Entry"
    In the body of your email include a link to your ornament, your username, and a link to your profile

Deadline and Judging

All submissions should be entered by December 31st
    A team of staff and Mods will determine the best ornaments and those will be declared the winners

Prizes

1st Place: 100,000g + 1 December 2011 Monthly Collectible
    2nd Place: 50,000g + 1 December 2011 Monthly Collectible
    3rd Place: 25,000g + 1 December 2011 Monthly Collectible

Other prizes may be awarded at my discretion.

Entries

Scurvy Pirate

User Image

Art is nice, contests are fun, so some couple art with prizes for the best entries should be even better right?

The Avatars
User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

Rules
  • Keep it appropriate. Risque art is okay, but please don't make it sexual or explicit
  • All Gaia rules apply
  • An avatar for each of us should be used in your entry, no solo avatars
  • Multiple entries are allowed
  • Any and all entries are desired, you don't have to be excellent at art to participate!

How to Submit
  • Send a PM to Uncle Kenny with your entry
  • Please title your PM "Modmas 2k11 Art Contest Entry"

If you have any questions, you can quote tiranaki and she'll reply when she can, like so:
[quote="tiranaki"][/quote] Put your question here. Don't forget to mention that it's in relation to the avatar art contest.

Prizes
    First place - 500k and any 5 CIs from this year*
    Second place - 250k and any 2 CIs from this year*
    Third place - 100k and any 1 CI from this year*

Other prizes may be given for entries that we both like but don't quite make the top three.

* CIs from this year include: Crystal Overdrive, Arcana Break, Screen King, Double Rainbow, Valefor Academy, Neverland, Famestar Masquerade, Guardian Totem, Superprize 2010, Bitter Frost, Neon Core, Hell Prison

Winners

First place - The Princess Mia
User Image

Second place - Desna

Third place - TIE WaterAngel5 AND Senzafine Reku
User Image
User Image

Honorable mentions:
janebellefontaine
User Image

ShiroKitsune9
User Image

DredfulDawn
User Image

Elora Necrolia
User Image

DazKat
User Image

Nyuka
User Image

Tina-chann
User Image

Thank you to everyone who participated!
Banners/Links

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.76021213/][img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/tiranaki/modmas/modmas2011linkbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

Fanart
Draw your favorite NPC in a Modmas related way, send it in a PM to Uncle Kenny, and look for it to show up below!

Shout Outs

Quote:
This is the third year I've organized this contest and brought it to all of you. It doesn't get any easier each year but it's still a ton of fun to do. Here's to all the fun that I hope you all have in here and the holiday cheer you take from here and spread to others. Happy Holidays and Merry Modmas!

- Uncle Kenny

Quote:
Happy Modmas! I've always been so busy around this time so this is the first year I get to join and already it's lifted my holiday spirits. Thanks to all you who make my time as a mod so interesting and special!~

heart Ambu

Quote:
Happy Modmas! ^^ I've not been around for very long, but my time here has been pleasant thanks to all of you on Gaia. In return I wish you all Happy Holidays and hope you enjoy the new year. ^^

~Rgoodermote

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who makes this site what it is~ Mods, admins, FAs, and especially the users. heart

Happy holidays everyone! Love, good cheer, and cookies all around~!! 4laugh

VegetasBabie

Quote:
i liek turtles and cookies and starhats.

~Merumiharu

Quote:
Happy Modmas to all! To those who are furiously cramming prepping for finals, I wish you luck. Happy holidays to you all also, and hope you all have a great break. Thanks for making the experience on Gaia wonderful for everyone, including myself~

heart Sakeyaki

Quote:
Happy Modmas Everyone!! I hope you guys have an awesome time during the Holidays. Share a bunch of cookies with your friends and family. Hug everyone around you and just share happiness and smiles.

Hugs,
Cookie on Fire

Quote:
Happy Modmas~! User Image

I hope that each of you has the opportunity to listen to some favorite music, eat a special treat with a friend or family member, and do something caring for someone else this Modmas season.

~Chocobo Princess

Quote:
I hope you have an awesome holiday season, full of fun and hopefully a few new treats/toys! Remember that there's always someone out there who loves ya', even if you aren't able to make it to wherever you call home this year or are just feeling kinda lonely! I know sometimes the holidays bring it out. Enjoy the Modmas festivities and find yourself someone to chat with 3nodding we'll be around.

For my part, I'm happy to have spent another year here helping the community out, so thank you for being the awesome people that you are and making that possible. 3nodding heart

Lots of love!
Goosies Moosies

Quote:
Happy Modmas (and Festivus) to you all! mrgreen

Thank you to all the mods, devs, artists, admins, FAs and you users who make this site what it is. User Image

- AngeIsThanatos

Quote:
A very happy Modmas to all and i hope you enjoy your holiday season, whatever you celebrate.
Thank you to each and every one of you for making this site what it is. It's you guys who keep me sticking around after all these years
~coldheartedangel

Quote:
Happy Modmas to everyone, and I hope everyone has a safe/happy holiday! And don't forget to eat lots of cookies. mrgreen

And thank you to all of the Gaia staff and the Reverse Modmas organizers/artists. Yall rock. heart

- Pandilicious

Quote:
Happy Modmas everybody! This year I couldn't participate due to being busy as ever this holiday season, but I hope you all enjoy the events we have in store. I'll be watching to see if Zelo gets his revenge for being pied. xd

A huge thanks to Kenny and everyone else who made this happen, and a massive thank you to you! Without you Gaia Online wouldn't be so fun and wouldn't have kept me coming back for 6 years and counting.

- Simplistic-Tyranny

Quote:
I came, I saw, I participated.
- mcm

Quote:
emotion_donotwant
- OddBird

Quote:
HAIL ZURG! Now...who wants some Zurg Energy flavored candy canes?
- Lyca_Watyre

Quote:
This is where something creative would go if I had the wit to say it! Thanks for supporting me through my first year of modding everyone. Happy [event of choice]! C:

♥ Abbacus
p.s.: bunnies are the best gifts! give all of your friends a bunny in their stocking.

Quote:
Kittens are actually the best gifts. Give your friends a kitten in their stocking, and a nice warm pair of BUNNY slippers.... twisted
-Scarbi

Quote:
Happiest of Holidays to the folks on the best site ever! Thank you all for your love and support. May blessings heap upon you (but not bury you) in the coming year!
-JoyRose

Quote:
Hello people of Gaialand! You guys are an amazing group, and you're the reason why I love being a mod. I wish you all the best in life, and a super duper Happy Holiday greeting! :3 May these days bring you joy and fond memories to all! heart

-Jar Full of Painkillers

Quote:
If you have exams now or in the new year, good luck! Whether you do or not, I hope everyone has a nice and relaxing holiday season. Hope that you'll all still be here in 2012! biggrin

~Froggy

Quote:
I hope all Gaians have a very merry Christmas, a lovely holiday if they don't celebrate Christmas but at least get some time off, and a happy and healthy 2012!

~ AkibeJosephus

Xyronix's Bae

Anxious Nerd

Hello! Welcome to Modmas, guys! 8D
Second page!

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
*rolls through*