Welcome to Gaia! ::

SNOWBAAAHHHLS!

<3 1 100.0% [ 310 ]
Total Votes:[ 310 ]

Shirtless Fatcat

Shirtless Fatcat

Elliot_Rhymeless
You're welcome. ^^

My day's been pretty quiet so far, as was my New Year's Eve, as it usually is. Got to watch some of a concert film that has a New Year's undercurrent to it, which was fun... and in the last moments of the year, I was able to post in various places here something of a personal ritual that I go through. I posted it here as a journal entry, if you want to look.

There was part of me that wanted to spend the occasion with my girlfriend, either during her midnight or mine... but I guess it wasn't to be, because while I sent her a message at her midnight, we weren't able to spend any time together. One of those missed chances that comes with the territory for a distance relationship, I guess. ^^;;

aw I'm sorry D: that's poopy.. lol me and my boyfriend were in separate places as well.
            how far away are you guys from each other?

Nimble Pants

x_Bella Luna_xx
Elliot_Rhymeless
You're welcome. ^^

My day's been pretty quiet so far, as was my New Year's Eve, as it usually is. Got to watch some of a concert film that has a New Year's undercurrent to it, which was fun... and in the last moments of the year, I was able to post in various places here something of a personal ritual that I go through. I posted it here as a journal entry, if you want to look.

There was part of me that wanted to spend the occasion with my girlfriend, either during her midnight or mine... but I guess it wasn't to be, because while I sent her a message at her midnight, we weren't able to spend any time together. One of those missed chances that comes with the territory for a distance relationship, I guess. ^^;;

aw I'm sorry D: that's poopy.. lol me and my boyfriend were in separate places as well.
            how far away are you guys from each other?

Yeah, it was kind of sad... but sometimes it just can't be helped.

In terms of time zones, she and I are about nine hours apart, I think... but being that she sometimes keeps odd hours, we do occasionally have chances to spend time together here, since Gaia is where we met and keep in touch with one another.

Shirtless Fatcat

Elliot_Rhymeless

In terms of time zones, she and I are about nine hours apart, I think... but being that she sometimes keeps odd hours, we do occasionally have chances to spend time together here, since Gaia is where we met and keep in touch with one another.

oh wow.. that's crazy. must be really hard too though.
            she's probably asleep when you're awake and vice versa right? not for the whole time but a majority of it.
            she must be in another country then.. have you guys met in person?

Nimble Pants

x_Bella Luna_xx
Elliot_Rhymeless

oh wow.. that's crazy. must be really hard too though.
            she's probably asleep when you're awake and vice versa right? not for the whole time but a majority of it.
            she must be in another country then.. have you guys met in person?

It is a little crazy, yes... but then again, she's also the first lady in about six years to notice me the way she has without either friend-zoning me immediately, or being in a long-term relationship already. Truth be told, after all that time I've spent getting used to being solitary, this is still something of a shock to me. ^^;;

But yeah, she's in another country, and from what I can tell she's somewhat social in other areas online, so she can't spend a lot of time with me, or so I gather... And it's early enough on yet in the relationship that we haven't met yet, though we are trying to work out some means of communicating offline. It's just stalled at the moment because she's been in the hospital (where they don't allow international phone calls, apparently) since early November following a car accident, and she won't be released until February.

Shirtless Fatcat

Elliot_Rhymeless
It is a little crazy, yes... but then again, she's also the first lady in about six years to notice me the way she has without either friend-zoning me immediately, or being in a long-term relationship already. Truth be told, after all that time I've spent getting used to being solitary, this is still something of a shock to me. ^^;;

But yeah, she's in another country, and from what I can tell she's somewhat social in other areas online, so she can't spend a lot of time with me, or so I gather... And it's early enough on yet in the relationship that we haven't met yet, though we are trying to work out some means of communicating offline. It's just stalled at the moment because she's been in the hospital (where they don't allow international phone calls, apparently) since early November following a car accident, and she won't be released until February.

oh how scary.. I hope she gets better soon.
            you'll talk on the phone after she's out though? would that cost extra money?

Nimble Pants

x_Bella Luna_xx
Elliot_Rhymeless

oh how scary.. I hope she gets better soon.
            you'll talk on the phone after she's out though? would that cost extra money?

I hope so, too... though one of the complications from the accident is some degree of what's called "anterograde amnesia", where her brain has had issues making new long-term memories... But because she had feelings for me before the accident took place, we've at least got a foundation to build a relationship upon... and though her memory still undergoes "resets" from time to time, she's learning to make reminders for herself, and there are times when she can retain new memories for a while.

But yeah, I'm hoping there'll be some phone conversations when she gets to go back home... they'll just have to be sparing, because I do know how much international calls can cost. Still, though, it'll be a step forward from just being a Gaia-based relationship, and hopefully with the start of phone conversations there can also be some exchanges of snail-mail... because I, for one, certainly don't mind writing letters by hand or sending cards and the like. ^^

Shirtless Fatcat

Shirtless Fatcat

Elliot_Rhymeless
I hope so, too... though one of the complications from the accident is some degree of what's called "anterograde amnesia", where her brain has had issues making new long-term memories... But because she had feelings for me before the accident took place, we've at least got a foundation to build a relationship upon... and though her memory still undergoes "resets" from time to time, she's learning to make reminders for herself, and there are times when she can retain new memories for a while.

But yeah, I'm hoping there'll be some phone conversations when she gets to go back home... they'll just have to be sparing, because I do know how much international calls can cost. Still, though, it'll be a step forward from just being a Gaia-based relationship, and hopefully with the start of phone conversations there can also be some exchanges of snail-mail... because I, for one, certainly don't mind writing letters by hand or sending cards and the like. ^^

oh scary! I'd be so confused and scared..

and I do like sending and getting letters, they're fun ^-^

I'm gonna head off, I'll talk to you later!

Nimble Pants

x_Bella Luna_xx
Elliot_Rhymeless

oh scary! I'd be so confused and scared..

and I do like sending and getting letters, they're fun ^-^

I'm gonna head off, I'll talk to you later!

She certainly does have moments where she's confused and scared... but she's got a few people in her life who are trying to help her out as best they can, and she *is* actually managing the situation a lot better than I worried she might. Then again, she's pretty strong-willed, so I can't say I'm too surprised at how well she's handling this. ^^

I like snail-mail too. ^^ There's just something about a physical piece of correspondence that does wonders for establishing in your head and heart that, yes, there is in fact someone out there who really does care about you, be they a friend or more than that.

But anyway, I might be gone by the time you get back, so talk to you later... or... later. ^^;;

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
x_Bella Luna_xx
Lucky Risu
Thanks. That's the problem with potential. Till you find what your niche is you gotta try a lot of different things. Oooh psychology is great! I've been a patient in the mental health field for a few years now and up till last year I was the one teaching my counselors how to treat my illness. I've done a lot of research and love learning about different illnesses and treatments. I like to learn a lot. But once I know something I get bored with it and don't really want to do anything with it.

oh haha I love learning about that too but I don't get bored cause I feel like I could always learn more about it.
            I plan on becoming a psychiatrist, that's the ultimate goal. if I don't get into med school then I'll be a psychologist at a rehab facility. trying to specialize in young adults/teenagers.
            if that doesn't fall through, then I wanna be a pediatrician. I love little kids.
Fun! I used to want to be a psychologist. But I don't think I could handle a lot just cause of my own issues. If I were to be a psychologist I'd have to probably go into teaching it rather than practice. A lot of psychology teachers never practiced just got their degrees and chose to teach it.

Stone-cold Prophet

emotion_bigheart

Stone-cold Prophet

emotion_bigheart

Stone-cold Prophet

emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers