• Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
LaLuneSerene
Bunny Cakes[MB]
[`~Neko-Setsuka~`]
Bunny Cakes[MB]
b_bandgeek_b
Bunny Cakes[MB]

The contest is to make a digital ornament, so you can draw or pixel your entry.

Would it count if we made one and then took a picture?

No, I'm looking for drawn or pixeled designs.
Just make sure I'm understanding this correctly, as long as we draw it by hand or on the computer and its no larger that 100x100 pixels, we can submit a drawing of the ornament?

Yes. 3nodding

Ok, this makes me really really sad..... I make felted christmas ornaments every year....I kind of wanted to use one of those, seeing as how cute they are...

This also seems slightly unfair, as there are people here on Gaia who are extremely talented with drawn art or electronic art.

Where does that leave those of us that are less talented with visual arts? I can knit up a storm, felt anything you want, and cook like Martha Stewart, but I can't draw. So as far as this little contest goes, I'm left out. Seems like that's not as fair as it could be. I mean, those of us that create three-dimensional art spend just as much time on our creations; and pictures can easily be resized to fit the requirements....

Unfortunately, no contest can be 100% fair, this is because some contests are going to lean more toward one group of talents than others. However, there are a few contests in the main modmas thread that do not require any sort of drawing talent that you may have a better chance at winning.

That said, I do not always judge on quality of art for my contest, last year one of my honorable mentions got a prize simply for having a heartwarming story.

Friendly Fatcat

9,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Xya
NanaTheFurret
Xya
NanaTheFurret
Xya

The best way to describe it is: What is your idea of the most awesome gift you could receive that you hate the idea of unwrapping, taking off the bow or opening at all because it's just that awesome?

It doesn't have to be wrapped or in a gift bag- just something amazing that you would love yourself to find under your Modmas tree :3

Are we supposed to draw the image or actually wrap a physical present? I can draw, but I cannot wrap presents... sweatdrop (also does this go for all of the categories for this contest?)

Draw! Draw your idea of the perfect Modmas gift to find under the tree :3

Okay! (Good, I don't have to wrap anything. My family always makes fun of me and my inability to wrap presents properly no matter how hard I try :p )

haha! I can understand. I do not bother "wrapping" any more. I use duct tape and just cover the entire package <.<

I have another question c: I want to do pixel art but I'm afraid if it gets re-sized or distorted it won't look good anymore, will the sizes of our images be changed at all after we submit them or are they going to be left as is?

Ruthless Wench

NanaTheFurret
Xya
NanaTheFurret
Xya
NanaTheFurret
Xya

The best way to describe it is: What is your idea of the most awesome gift you could receive that you hate the idea of unwrapping, taking off the bow or opening at all because it's just that awesome?

It doesn't have to be wrapped or in a gift bag- just something amazing that you would love yourself to find under your Modmas tree :3

Are we supposed to draw the image or actually wrap a physical present? I can draw, but I cannot wrap presents... sweatdrop (also does this go for all of the categories for this contest?)

Draw! Draw your idea of the perfect Modmas gift to find under the tree :3

Okay! (Good, I don't have to wrap anything. My family always makes fun of me and my inability to wrap presents properly no matter how hard I try :p )

haha! I can understand. I do not bother "wrapping" any more. I use duct tape and just cover the entire package <.<

I have another question c: I want to do pixel art but I'm afraid if it gets re-sized or distorted it won't look good anymore, will the sizes of our images be changed at all after we submit them or are they going to be left as is?

We are going to arrange them on the tree, so it needs to be a 100x100 maximum size :3

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
OwO
The prizes are awesome!

I am definitely joining in this, mew!

Friendly Fatcat

9,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I can't submit my entry for gift-a-palooza :c it says Invalid Option has PMs disabled...

Ruthless Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Why didn't I notice this before? I love this thread, the prizes are awesome. I'll do my best xD

Dangerous Lunatic

17,600 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Love this idea!

Super Rare

Quote:
Unable to Complete Request:
Invalid Option has PMs disabled..

>.<

(The contest is still alive, right..? o: )

Super Rare

I guess I should quote my questions ._."

Princess Angelishia
Just wondering, is the pixel/image of just one cookie?
And does it have to be top view?

Xya
I tried to send my entry
"Unable to Complete Request:
Invalid Option has PMs disabled.."
Um.. sweatdrop

Ruthless Wench

Chwip
I guess I should quote my questions ._."

Princess Angelishia
Just wondering, is the pixel/image of just one cookie?
And does it have to be top view?

Xya
I tried to send my entry
"Unable to Complete Request:
Invalid Option has PMs disabled.."
Um.. sweatdrop

...homg

Go ahead and send your entry, if you still want to enter. That's my mistake sweatdrop

Ruthless Wench

NanaTheFurret
I can't submit my entry for gift-a-palooza :c it says Invalid Option has PMs disabled...

My bad! Please send your entry now heart

Friendly Hellhound

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
I sent an entry to the Trim-A-Tree contest but I'm not sure if it was received?
I sent it on January the 1st to The Rabbit Of Seville.
Sorry if it was received, I just want to be sure ^ u ^
Thanks!

Amateur Gekko

my cookie entry has yet to be seen and is sitting in my outbox i turned it in on time but no one saw it =(

Amateur Gekko

Xya
Princess Angelishia
Bunnycakes[MB]

my cookie entry has been sitting in my outbox and has recently left it im not sure if this is because it was received or because it time out after not being viewed since i received no feedback i had entered it before the deadline

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

AmittyKitty
Xya
Princess Angelishia
Bunnycakes[MB]

my cookie entry has been sitting in my outbox and has recently left it im not sure if this is because it was received or because it time out after not being viewed since i received no feedback i had entered it before the deadline

I'm sorry about that, I've just gotten around to them now. It was received.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff