Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, will you be participating in any of my contests?

Of course! I'm goin' for the gold! 0.76530612244898 76.5% [ 75 ]
Not really. I already have too much money as it is. 0.23469387755102 23.5% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 98 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 83 84 85 > >>

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

xxIɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Hello, my fellow Gaians, and welcome to my 2013 Holiday Bash! This year, I'm focusing on contests which means you can walk away with some serious gold! Trying to save up for your dream avi but find yourself a mil or two short? Look no further! I've got just what you need~! I have several contests sure to satisfy your lust for that virtual currency.

xxRulesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxFᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴀɪᴀ TOS!xx
                                                                                  Let's start out with the obvious: Follow the Gaia TOS. This rule is a staple in pretty much every thread on Gaia and this one is no exception. If you don't know what the Gaia TOS entails or you need a refresher course, feel free to [CLICK HERE] and look through it. However, I feel like its content is pretty much self explanitory. This rule is, by far, the most important.

xxRead this page carefully!xx
                                                                                  Each contest has its own set of rules and guidelines, so make sure you read everything carefully! If you have any questions, concerns, or just need something cleared up, don't be afraid to ask! I am more than happy and willing to answer any and all questions you may have about my contests. If things are not clear in my explanations then please let me know so I can try to alter it in a way that might make more sense for everyone.

xxGift Giving and Snowball Throwingxx
                                                                                  This is a Holiday event, after all! Gift Giving and Snowball Throwing are both welcomed and encouraged!

xxThings to keep in mindxx
                                                                                  As things change in this thread, so might these rules. I reserve the right to be able to change/alter/update these rules as I see fit. I am the word of the law around here and inability to follow my rules will result in immediate termination from all of my contests and eliminate your chance of winning. If you have donated to me in exchange for raffle tickets, you will receive no refund. Please remember to respect me, as well as your fellow Gaians and, of course, have fun!
"satisfy your lust for that virtual currency."

redface

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

xxHaruhi's Art Contest!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

That's right! An Art Contest! Rules are pretty simple:

[1] The entry must adhere to the Gaia TOS!
                                                                        [2] The entry can be in whichever style you choose. (i.e. color, black & white, full body, portrait, etc)
                                                                        [3] The entry can be created with whatever medium you like. (i.e. colored pencils, drawing tablet, the good ol' #2, etc.)
                                                                        [4] Be creative! I absolutely love creativity!
                                                                        [5] The artwork must be of one of the avatars shown below.
                                                                        [6] For an added bonus, try to include at least 1 Pokemon in the art somewhere. This isn't mandatory, but it might help~ ;D
                                                                        [7] A maximum of 2 submissions per person are allowed, so choose wisely!

Now for the Prizes! Drum roll, please~!

First Place: 5 MILLION Gaia Gold!
                                                                        Second Place: 1 MILLION Gaia Gold!
                                                                        Third Place: 500 THOUSAND Gaia Gold!

Now that the incentive is there, let's get down to contest details. I am giving plenty of time for all of you to create your masterpieces and submit them, so please don't rush! I will begin accepting submissions on Friday, December 20th, and will continue to accept them all the way until the new year [last day for submissions will be January 1st]! Winners will be announced on January 5th! Please submit your entries by either PM'ing them to me or posting them and quoting me so I see your entry.

Below are the avatars I would like you to feature in your pieces. These avatars are dream avi's of mine that I have been working on during the year of 2013 and have completed successfully. You may choose any one of them for your subject!

The Avatars: (Click on the pictures for item details)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Submissions:

RabidSquirel
                                      YukimeEcho
                                      Latiash
                                      The Alternative Solution
                                      shakespearerules
                                      Chwip
                                      Zulma san
                                      miki june
                                      Misuzu Kagamine
                                      P o i z 3 n

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

xxThe Dice Challenge!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Next up is the Dice Challenge! This game is pretty simple. If you want to participate in any of the events, you'll probably be posting here, right? Why not make some extra gold in the process!? Here are some easy steps:

[1] When writing your post (before hitting submit), choose Post Action (default choice should be None).
                                                                        [2] Now choose 'Roll Dice'. From here, you should be able to determine the number of sides on your die (Die size) and the number of dice you will be rolling (# of dice).
                                                                        [3] Choose 20 sided and enter 20 in the # of dice field.
                                                                        [4] Hit 'Submit'!

There are 5 Categories that you must clear in order! You must work on the first tier before moving on to the second tier and so on and so forth. Each tier will be a bit more difficult than the last and will also be slightly more rewarding! If you complete all 5 tiers in order, you will have won over 200 THOUSAND Gaia Gold! As soon as someone clears the 5th tier, the contest is over so try to be the first to win that gold before it's gone!

Here are the tiers:

Tier 1: Roll 5 dice of the same number in the same sequence. (i.e. 5, 9, 12, 6, 14, 8, 9, 20, 17, 5, 19, 9, 16, 1, 1, 9, 20, 13, 9, 12. This would be a winner because there are 5 '9's in this sequence!)
                                                                        Prize: 1,000 Gold!
                                                                        Tier 2: Roll a total of 150 or less!
                                                                        Prize: 10,000 Gold!
                                                                        Tier 3: Roll 3 dice of the same number in a ROW! (i.e. 5, 9, 12, 6, 14, 8, 9, 20, 17, 5, 1, 1, 1, 20, 6, 9, 20, 13, 9, 12. This would be a winner because there are 5 '1's in a row!)
                                                                        Prize: 30,000 Gold!
                                                                        Tier 4: All dice must be below 10! (Each dice must be below 10, not the total of all of them)
                                                                        Prize: 60,000 Gold!
                                                                        Tier 5: Roll a total of 100 or less!
                                                                        Prize: 100,000 Gold!

If you've completed a tier, send me a pm with the link to your winning post and I will send you your prize and add you to the list of people who have completed a tier so we can all see your progress! Good Luck!

Completed Tier 1!
                                                    -l- Charon -l-
                                                    Riyara
                                                    Misuzu Kagamine
                                                    RabidSquirel
                                                    Heike CODE-02
                                                    YukimeEcho
                                                    Zulma san
                                                    Starlit_Murder123
                                                    Moonlight_Splendor

Completed Tier 2!
                                                    Misuzu Kagamine
                                                    Riyara
                                                    Heike CODE-02
                                                    Zulma san

Completed Tier 3!
                                                    Misuzu Kagamine
                                                    Riyara
                                                    Heike CODE-02
                                                    Zulma san

Completed Tier 4!
                                                    None Yet!

Completed Tier 5!
                                                    None Yet!

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

xxPoké-Holiday Raffle!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Here is another chance for you to win some major gold-ola! 5 MILLION Gold, to be exact! How do you win? It's easy! You do certain tasks to earn Raffle Tickets and on Christmas night (or the day after, depending), a winner will be chosen to receive their 5 MILLION Gold prize! How do you get raffle tickets, you ask? Well, there are 3 ways!

[1] Join my Pokemon X and Y thread by offering your Friend Code to my list! Adding your Friend Code will reward you with 5 Raffle Tickets! Those who have theirs added on the list prior to this contest announcement will receive 10 raffle tickets!
                                                                        [2] I will have 1 Pokemon-related riddle or question a day starting Friday, December 20th all the way to Christmas. PM me your answer to win your tickets! Do not flood my inbox with answers and each account only gets 1 guess. If you answer correctly, you win 5 more raffle tickets! Answering incorrectly comes with no penalty, but remember: You only get one guess! So choose wisely!
                                                                        [3] Donate! Every 1k you donate to me gets you a ticket! This is what helps me keep my contests running and ensures I will be able to have a similar event for the next Holiday Gaia celebrates! This is mostly for people who would simply like an edge in the competition outside of the normal means or for people who don't know a lot about Pokemon, but would still like to participate in the raffle.

A winner will be randomly drawn from all the raffle tickets either Christmas night or the 26th, depending on my work schedule. Good Luck to everyone!

xxQuestions of the Day!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

12/20/2013 Pokemon of the Day: This Pokemon used to be Human. It can usually be found around old ruins of ancient civilizations. It carries around something it had when it was alive and sometimes they look at it and cry.
                                                                  Answer: Yamask.

12/21/2013 Pokemon of the Day: This Pokemon excretes a sticky fluid that can dissolve anything. During evolution, its eyes devolved, making it virtually blind. Instead of seeing, it uses its four 'horns' to sense sounds and smells.
                                                                  Answer: Sliggoo.

12/22/2013 - 12/23/2013 Pokemon of the Day: This Pokemon has the ability to literally turn in to the element they represent. It is the biggest in its family. It hates storms, but loves showers. What is it?
                                                                  Answer: Vaporeon.

12/24/2013 - 12/25/2013 Pokemon of the Day: This Pokemon burrows in to the ground when scared.It is known for making maze-like nests under the ground. Although it prefers to stay below the earths surface and completely shrouded in darkness, it does have the ability to 'fly', if only a little.
                                                                  Answer: Dunsparce.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWER BY MIDNIGHT [PACIFIC TIME] TONIGHT TO RECEIVE YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT!

And the Winner is....! *drum-roll*

Latiash!! Congratulations!

Kawaii Senshi

13,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
BOMB4Y
Oooh it's Haru-chan! yum_puddi HI HARU-CHAN WHERE'S TAMA-CHAN

Tamaki-Senpai is out of the country for the holidays. I think he said something about a tropical island. He wanted me to come along, but it seemed like it would be more trouble than it was worth. I don't need anything fancy to enjoy myself... just wouldn't feel like Christmas. Besides, I'd much rather spend the holidays with all of you! *natural smile*

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y

Tamaki-Senpai is out of the country for the holidays. I think he said something about a tropical island. He wanted me to come along, but it seemed like it would be more trouble than it was worth. I don't need anything fancy to enjoy myself... just wouldn't feel like Christmas. Besides, I'd much rather spend the holidays with all of you! *natural smile*
I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'D GO OFF WITHOUT YOU crying

NO! He should be heeere emotion_0A0 He should be here having Christmas with everyone! Unforgivable classified_fu

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
BOMB4Y
Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y

NO! He should be heeere emotion_0A0 He should be here having Christmas with everyone! Unforgivable classified_fu

To be honest... I'm half expecting him to show up out of nowhere. Probably crying about how he missed me even though I talked to him about ten minutes ago. *shrugs* He's just weird like that. But I don't mind that he went without me. Actually, I think I prefer it.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y
Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y

To be honest... I'm half expecting him to show up out of nowhere. Probably crying about how he missed me even though I talked to him about ten minutes ago. *shrugs* He's just weird like that. But I don't mind that he went without me. Actually, I think I prefer it.
Oh you poor baby! crying You actually miss him, don't you? I knew it. You're too brave! emotion_0A0 That's okay. I'll cosplay as him for a while so you won't feel so lonely. I still can't believe he went without you. The monsteeeeeeeerrr emotion_0A0

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
BOMB4Y
Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y
Haruhi_Fujioka_08
BOMB4Y

Oh you poor baby! crying You actually miss him, don't you? I knew it. You're too brave! emotion_0A0 That's okay. I'll cosplay as him for a while so you won't feel so lonely. I still can't believe he went without you. The monsteeeeeeeerrr emotion_0A0

... *chuckles a bit* You're weird. *smiles* You don't have to go out of your way for me, but thanks anyway. If it's all the same to you, I think I would rather you be yourself, rather than Tamaki-sempai. =]

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Smitten Kitten

17,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100