not really though
NO

NO

NO, SIR, YOU SUCK
"WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEE?!"
oh god I love you so much

I need to watch that now

10 times
I think we everyone should once in their lifetime.

Where is Val now.
Morbid Gnome
mcm
Posting in the Modmas thread. cool
Get out

/unsubscribes

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Riyoyo
Morbid Gnome
Sounds like a typical Saturday night for some of us.

bow chicka wow wow
User Image
User Image

O.G. Seeker

Just finished my post. o:

O.G. Seeker

I was hoping the announcement was about us... emotion_eyebrow

Fluffy Trash

Princeries
Nope. emo

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Princeries
lol
*Enjoys quiet, slow thread while it lasts*

Fluffy Trash

mcm
Zefius
mcm

As you say.

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

Morbid Gnome
Xya

A mod within a mod within a mod? eek
Sounds like a typical Saturday night for some of us.

bow chicka wow wow
you mods are eating each other?!?! gonk *hides on the ceiling*

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Princeries
I was hoping for that too. emotion_8c

Fluffy Trash

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
gaia_star Merry Modmas!!!! gaia_star

Sugary Strawberry

User Image

Unfortunately due to Gaia's post length maximums several of the entries were not fitting on the first page. Since I would still like them shared before the contest is over I will direct the rest of the entries to this post! Sorry about all the trouble!

More Entries:

Tweetygurl86

Gingerbread

1 cup shortening
2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup unsulphered molasses

Beat till light &fluffy, sift& add 1 cup at a time of 4 cups of self rising flour, 2 tsp. soda, salt, 2 tsp. ginger, beat w/hand the last 2 cups, dough SHOULD be soft NOT sticky, shape into wat u PLEASE, place on greased cookie sheet, bake 350 degrees 12-15 min or until light brown!

KaguraSakata

User Image
Raspberry Tarts

take some premade mini Phylo shells bake them according to the box then take some seedles raspeberry jam and put 1 tsp of it in each shell. then you mix together a whole 12oz jar of lime curd with about a little more then 3/4 of a 12oz cool whip container, then pipe it onto the jam in the shell and top with some powdered sugar or a fresh raspberry.

User Image

Peppermint Meltaways

Cookie:
1 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch

Mix together the butter Powdered sugar and extract till it's creamy then add the flour and cornstarch, chill for an hour then roll into about 1 inch balls and bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes cool and then drizzle with glaze

Drizzle:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Butter, softened
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 to 3 drops red food color, if desired
Candy canes or hard peppermint candy, crushed ( you top the drizzled cookies with this)

Just mix all that together till it get's to the way you like it.

-l- Iceeh Dream -l-

Entry #1:

The Ultimate Reindeer Recipe

Ingredients:

>>> Cupcakes:
I (sadly!) used a box mix for fudge brownies called Ultimate Fudge Cake Mix. While I may have chosen to take this route please, feel free to make one from scratch from your favorite recipe! I had to use this because I was short on time sweatdrop
The recipes for the box included 1/4 Cup of Water, 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg and the pre-packaged brownie mix.

>>> Icing:
As I used a box mix to make my brownies, it naturally included a chocolate icing to top them off with. Again, please feel free to make your own icing (typically, I find homemade icings to taste much better than anything you can buy from the grocery store!).

>>> Decorations:
There are multiple ways of doing this; let's first introduce the easiest. Locate at your local art store or grocery store a pre-packaged reindeer design that you can press into the frosting. Our second option is to make our own! You'll need graham crackers, black jelly beans, black icing, white icing, and red icing (optional)!

Instructions

>>> Brownie
1. Let's bake our brownies! If you're using the same box as I did, you'll preheat the oven to 325. Line your cupcake tin with foil and in a bowl, mix the vegetable oil, egg, and water together until well blended. Then, add the cake mix and again mix until well blended.
2. Pour mixture evenly into the cupcake holes in you pan (each cupcake should be 2/3 full). Bake for 40 minutes or until you stick a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
3. Immediately spread the icing on to your brownie or wait for it to cool if you're using frosting.
4. Immediately after spreading the icing or frosting, place decorations!

>>> Decorations
1. The antlers can be cut out of graham crackers!
2. The whites of the eyes balls can be filled with white icing, followed by smaller black icing in the middle of them to make pupils.
3. Place the black jellybean under the eyeballs for a reindeer nose!
4. And if you want female reindeer, draw on a ribbon shape between the antlers with some red frosting.

Entry #2:

Krumkake

Pictured Here Too

Origin: Norwegian
What it is: A waffle cookie!
Translation: curved cake

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature (do not microwave!)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground cardamom
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour (sifted- thins out the cookie)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 Tbsp. water

Instructions:
1. First, you'll begin by adding flour and butter to a bowl and mixing it well. When thoroughly done, add cardamom and vanilla. Mix well again. Then, finally add the eggs and mix once more.
2. Be careful now, you'll add the appointed water slowly in attempt for a specific consistency- you want it to be thick and creamy! If you cannot create this batter, start over now, otherwise it will evaporate in the iron.
3. Butter your krumkake iron and make it hot enough that water sizzles on its surface.
4. Then, place a spoonful of your cookie batter in the center of the iron and close it, making sure there is a firm closure. Wait for roughly 30 seconds before opening. Some of the batter may spill out of the side- if it does, feel free to clean it up, but be careful not to burn yourself!
5. Once you've opened the skillet, the cookie should look slightly golden brown. Use the krumkake pin (similar to a rolling pin, but now) to roll the cookie around it. Slide it off the pin off to the side on a plate or damp napkin to allow it to solidify in its new form.
6. Once cooled, you may choose to eat these a number of many ways! Traditionally, my family fills the inside with our favorite cream (whipped cream- chocolate or original) and sprinkles powdered sugar on top of the cookie. Our last touch is our favorite jam that we spread lightly over the stream of powered sugar!
7. Enjoy this treat- if you were able to make it, you deserve to!

Kitera

Peanut Butter-Pecan Fudge Brownies

Brownies:
1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
1/3 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 Cup Self-Rising Flour
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 Cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

Pre Heat Oven to 450°. Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl. (Do not add pecans or chips) Prep your "8×"8 pan by rubbing butter lightly around the sides and bottom then sprinkle in flour. Shake the pan so that the butter has a light coat of flour then remove excess flour by tipping it over the trash can. This will keep your brownies from sticking to the pan. Once this is finished- Add your melted butter and eggs to your dry mixture. Mix ingredients very well. Once finished add your chopped pecans and chips. One or two stirs to mix them in then pour into your baking pan.

Bake for 10-15 minutes
While they bake make your fudge icing!

Fudge Icing:
1teaspoon of butter
1tablespoon of Cocoa
1Cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
Put the butter and cocoa into a bowl and slightly mix with a fork. Once finished use your mixer on the lowest setting and simply add your sugar very slowly.
For this use your own tastes! Taste it. If it is not sweet enough add sugar. For this a little butter goes a long way so just keep mixing.
Once your brownies are done, simply put on the fudge icing. It shouldnt melt from the heat only get pliable since there isn't much butter.
To top and a few chips and pecans.

Lyan De Silva

Dark Rice Cooker Cake

For The Cake

1 1/2 Cups of Bread flour
3 /4 Cups of Sugar [White]
2 Tablespoons Margarine
3/4 Cups of Warm Water [40 to 45 C]
1/4 Cups of Milk
3 Tablespoons Cocoa [40 to 45 grams]
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Teaspoon of Yeast
3/4 Teaspoon Salt

Instructions

1. Put yeast in the warm water then stir it gently and let it steep for 15mins.

2. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, milk, vanila and the disolved yeast in the rice cooker.

3. Round the mixed ingridents then add the margarine.

4. Wait until it doubles [maybe 45 min to a hour]

5. Remove the extra air by dropping it for few times

6. Cover the rice cooker, let it stay for an hour to let the dough rise.

7. Turn the rice cooker on [cook for a hour per side.. it means flip cake then cook it again for another hour]

For the frosting:

500 Grams of Dark Chocolate
200 Grams of Butter
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3/4 Cups of Cream
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
6 Cups of Powdered Sugar

Instructions

1. Put all the ingredients [except the cream and vanilla] in the bowl that is set over a pot of simmering water and to let it melt.

2. Mix the melted chocolate with cream and vanilla.

Quite Easy

*Disclaimer the rice cooker thing is not my original idea I got it from an anime that I watched before hehe

And another thing the reason why I put the cake in the bowl because is that I don't have any huge plate for it haha

Nking

Nking's christmas beetscake

Beetscake

3.5 dl flour
3.5 dl sugar
0,5 tsk salt
2 tsk grounded cardamom
1 msk grounded cinnamon
1 tsk bicarbonate
1 tsk vanillasugar
3 dl rapeseed oil or sunfloweroil
3 eggs
4 beets
3 dl walnuts (mashed or chopped to very small pieces)

Saffrancremé

200 g creeam cheese
1.5 dl icing sugar
0.5 g saffran

Vanilla&limecream

1 batch of vanilla cream (homemade or storebought mix, whatever u feels is easier to have/make)
A few drops lime or half lime (depends if u like lime or not)
Green food coloring

1. Put the oven at 175 degrees
2. Grease and spread bread crumbs over a round baking pan (preferable around 24 cm in diameter but not important) with removable edge.
3. Mix the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in oil and eggs with the dry ingredients to a smooth batter.
5. Add beets and walnuts to the batter.
6. Pour the batter on the baking form and slide it in the oven in the middle for around 45 min.
7. Take it out and let it cool off before taking off the edge
8. Either do the saffran cremé or Vanilla & lime cream as topping and put it on top of the cake as the picture.
9. Put some topping (as in the picture) like some dried fruit in small pieces and draw ur picture with a few drops of water+red food coloring while using some coconut powder as snow around ur drawed topping. Or u can always use some edible flowers as topping if u miss spring/summer.

Tip: If u want it to be less fatty then have 1 dl less oil but dont forget to have less flour as well. It also dont need to be so much walnuts so u can use 1 dl instead of 3.
I rather use the vanilla&limecream rather then saffrancremé because it has less fat but both taste differently good so ur choice. And last to all of u that dont like beets, all depends of how its done! biggrin

Risu_Ringo

Risu’s Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pots de crème

User Image
User Image

Ingredients:
1 ¼ C. Half & Half
¼ C. Sugar
3 oz. Finely chopped Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
3 Egg Yolks
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (possibly more to taste)
Pinch of Salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Put the Half & Half in a small saucepan on the stove and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and add sugar and chopped baking chips mixing them in well. Set aside to cool.
In another bowl stir egg yolks, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt together.
Gradually add the cooled half & half mixture into the egg mixture, don’t add it too quickly or if it is still too hot or it will cook the egg.
If necessary, strain the combined mixture in a fine sieve to get rid of chunks.
Place your custard cups, ramekins, etc. into a shallow roasting pan and divide your pots de crème mixture among them.
Fill the roasting pan with water so it reaches halfway up the sides of your cups.
Bake until custards are almost set in the centers (time varies depending on what kind of dish you use) you can gently tap the sides to see it jiggle.
Remove custard cups from the hot-water bath and allow to cool.

You can eat these warm and they will be light and gooey or refrigerate them for a more dense chocolate dessert. You can also add whipped cream to balance the heavy chocolate flavor.
My decorations were holly sprinkles and gummy cupcake toppers

More pictures:
Reindeer close up
Santa close up
The Batch

Mouynaka_Senshi

User Image
Vanilla Cake

4 cups white sugar
2 cups butter
8 eggs
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups milk
Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

NOTE: Recipe directions are for the original serving size of 12.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Kitchen-Friendly View
PREP
20 mins
COOK
30 mins
READY IN
50 mins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
— OR —
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
DIRECTIONS
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rolled Buttercream Fondant

Original recipe makes 3 poundsChange Servings
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
2 pounds confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioners' sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.

To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can. Drape over frosted and chilled cakes and smooth the sides down, or cut into strips to make bows and other decorations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chocolate peanut butter frosting

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk

Nutritional Facts
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, salt and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Puppy was molded from the rice crispe treat. Covered with White fondant and colored with chocolate peanut butter frosting and brown and orange food coloring.. Cake is covered with green fondant. other cake has blue fondant. The other cake is covered with chocolate peanut butter frosting. Snow flakes and christmas ornament are made from gum paste. the stars are made from rice crispe treat and yellow fondant. bead ornaments are candy coated chocolates. These were just a few things that i made. I wasnt sure what i could enter so i just took pictures of the treats i had finished

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black Magic Cake
Peanut butter hershy kiss cookies.

begin cake
Cake pic 1
cake pic 2
cake pi other cakes 1
cake pic cake 1

Ensia

Winter Pumpkin Roll

Ingredients

CAKE
1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
FILLING
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
Directions

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

FOR FILLING:
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake when cooled. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

COOKING TIP:
Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.

FOR MUSHROOMS:
This is the main thing I imagine people will want to know how to do.
~Take 1-4 egg white. Do NOT get ANY yolk in the whites. None. Whip the egg whites with a beater until they form soft peaks. Lift the still beaters out of the whites and hold it up. If the top curls over but is a point it's at soft peak. Once there, add powdered sugar. I like them pretty sweet so I add 1/4 cup per egg white. ~Add a little cream of tartar to stablize the meringue. Whip until the whites form stiff peaks. Pull beaters from white and hold up, the peaks should stay still.
~Fill a pastry bag with the plain attachment head. Pipe stumps of meringue onto wax paper on a cookie sheet. Pipe buttons of meringue around them, making them quite a bit larger than the stumps. Wet your finger to remove the little peaks that will form on the top of the buttons. Bake for around 3-4 hours at 200 or so degrees. It takes a while for them to dry properly.
~When dry place the stumps on the roll with a bit of frosting. On the underside of the buttons use a small knife and make a small hole. Place gently on the tops of the stumps. Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa powder! Enjoy!

Razareil

My family and I followed the recipe here, sans crust.

Paleo Pumpkin Pie
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (or 1½ cup homemade pumpkin puree)
3 eggs
½ cup coconut milk
⅓ cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg

In a food processor combine pumpkin puree, and eggs.
Pulse in coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Pour filling into pie dish.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up.

The result even includes a funny face! XD

r a i n i i_d a i s

Christmas Tree Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 cup (240ml) water
1/2 cup (64g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Decorations:
1 can of green frosting
1 small jar of green, red, and white sprinkles
1 small jar of white snowflake sprinkles
1 small package of edible stars

Baking
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees
2. Over high heat, bowl the water in a small saucepan. Pour the unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth.
3. Place the bowl in a refrigerator to allow it to cool.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
5. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add in the vanilla extract
7. Add the flour mixture slowly and beat it just enough.
8. Take out the cooled cocoa mixture and add it in, stir it until smooth.
9. Fill your cupcake pan (with liners) 3/4 of the way
10. Bake for 17 minutes, and wa-lah!
11. Take out the cupcakes and allow them to cool. Add on the frosting, layering each swirl on top of the other. Add the sprinkles as needed. Place one star on top

Reindeer Cupcakes

Cupcake:
1 cup (240ml) water
1/2 cup (64g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 and 1/3 cupsall-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Decorations:
1 jar of chocolate icing
1 small bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 small bag of mini pretzels

Baking
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees
2. Over high heat, bowl the water in a small saucepan. Pour the unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth.
3. Place the bowl in a refrigerator to allow it to cool.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
5. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add in the vanilla extract
7. Add the flour mixture slowly and beat it just enough.
8. Take out the cooled cocoa mixture and add it in, stir it until smooth.
9. Fill your cupcake pan (with liners) 3/4 of the way
10. Bake for 17 minutes, and wa-lah!
11. Take out the cupcakes and allow them to cool. Add on the chocolate icing- just enough to cover the surface of the cupcake. Place 2 pretzels on the top corners of the cupcake. Take 2 chocolate chips and place them in the center of the cupcake face down next to each other. These are the eyes. Next, take one chocolate chip and place it below middle of the eyes. This is the nose.
12. Enjoy!

kureyuki

Baking cookies and buns is a BIG deal in sweden. My picture is showing of my familys xmas fika and Im proud to say I baked them all. The rules says that Im only allowed to share two pieces and so I will, but if anyone is interested in the others, Im more than willing to share recipes if you contact me.

User Image

first out is the very traditional swedish christmas bun - the saffron bun. you can see that on the right side of the picture. The top right is the bun filled with cinnamon filling and bottom right is the braided one cut up in pieces.

For the recipe:
Saffron Buns

500g milk
50g fresh yeast
250g sour dough
500g flour

heat up milk to about 37-40˚C and mix everything together and leave to rise for about 30-40 min
then add the rest of the ingredients:

200s butter (not melted)
200g sugar
10g grounded cardamom
5g salt
30g grounded saffron
700g flour

mix together for about 10 min – if you can add the salt at the last 2 min that’s better, but its not super important. Let the dough rise again for about 30-45 min.

Filling is optional depending on what kind of buns you make – they come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. You can roll 3 (or more if you know how to do it) rolls about 40-50cm long and thick as a finger and just braid them together and skip the filling stage or you can go for the filled ones for a little extra flavor.

Filling recipe:

150g butter
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1dl sugar

mix together.

Buns come in many shapes and forms as I said earlier and everyone has their favorite. For the beginner I would suggest simple rolls.
You split the dough into 3-4 lumps and roll them out to squares and put some filling on it, roll it up and cut it to pieces (as the pictures below show).
User Image

You then put them on their side in bun papers on a buttered pan and let them rise for the third and last time for 30 min.
During this time you preheat the oven to 250˚C (about 200˚C if you’re doing a braid)
When the buns finished rising you brush some egg on top of them and put some hail sugar (or chopped almonds) on top and put them into the middle of the oven for about 6 min. It’s important that you don’t put it too close to the bottom of the oven or they will get burnt, they are done they they’re getting some golden color.

so for the second recipe Im going to describe how I made the top middle cookie. It is a simple circular, slightly chewie cookie that taste of hazelnuts and these goodies are best fresh.

Let us get on with the recipe, shall we? ^^
200g of grounded hazelnuts
2 dl sugar
1 tablespoon potato flour (should work with any starch, but havent really tried any other)
2 eggs

you just mix it all together and use 2 coffee spoons to make lil balls to put on a baking sheet - dont place them too close as they will melt quite a bit in the oven to make the flat cookies you see.
Place 1 hazelnut on top of each lil ball of dough and they are ready to go into the oven.
bake them at 175-200˚C for about 8 minutes. losen the cookies from the sheet before they cool and let them cool of a lil before you dig in~ ^^

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them, just send a PM my way.
Happy New Year!

Seryn Nioreh

User Image

Classic Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
1 c. Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
2 1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda

1. Stir in bowl until a nice mixture has been made
2. Allow to sit in fridge for 2 hours
3. Roll out dough and cut cookies into desired shape(s)
4. Bake 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes
5. Decorate once cool
6. Enjoy!

My-BlackRed-Death

Sponge Cake
User Image

- Sponge Cake -
150 g Eggs (5.29 oz)
100 g Sugar (3.53 oz)
90 g Cake/Pastry Flour (3.17 oz)
(Please use Cake Flour if you can. Pastry flour is fine
but Cake Flour is better for its lower protein content.)
15 g Unsalted Butter (0.529 oz)
1 tbsp Milk

- Soaking Syrup -
2 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Hot Water

- Toppings -
400 ml Whipping Cream with 35% fat (1.69 u.s. cup)
3 tbsp Sugar
450 g Strawberries (0.992 oz)

- Instruction -
Preheat the oven to to 320°F. Line the bottom of the cake pan and the side with parchment paper. Then put the eggs in a large bowl and beat them with a hand mixer at low speed. Add the sugar at once and beat the mixture for about 30 seconds. Dip the bowl in hot water and beat the egg at high speed for 1 to 2 minutes. The ideal temperature for the hot water is 160 -175°F. Put your fingers in the mixture, and if it feels warm enough, take the bowl away from the hot water. Add the milk to the unsalted butter in a small bowl and warm it up in the hot water. Continue to beat the egg at high speed for 3 to 3 and half minutes until it form a rippling pattern on the surface. It should fall like a ribbon when you lift up the mixer. This stage is known as soft peak.Swap the hand mixer with a balloon whisk and mix the egg evenly. Shift the cake flour into the egg mixture and gently fold the the flour from the bottom with a rubber spatula. Try not to deflate the mixture too much and scoop up the batter about 30 times. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the batter when all the flour is mixed in. Scoop up the batter and gently let it fall from the spatula. Repeat this process for 50 times to mix. When the batter gets glossy and smooth, pour into the cake pan at once. Drop the cake pan a few times to break any air bubbles in the batter. Bake it at 320°F for about 23 minutes. Remove the sponge cake from the oven when done. Let it cool down on a cooling rack. When its become completely cool, lift and remove the cake pan. Remove the parchment paper.
- Soaking Syrup -
To prepare the soaking syrup, dissolve the sugar in the hot water and cool it down.
- Strawberries -
Remove 8 good looking strawberry stem ends for topping. The rest will be the filling to go between the cake slices. Remove the rest of the strawberry stem ends and slice them lengthwise in to half inch slices.
- Whip Cream -
Now for the whip cream. Add the sugar to the whipping cream. Dip the bowl in ice water whip the cream with a balloon whisk or hand mixer. Whip the cream until it is soft peak.
- Assemble -
Place the cake onto a cake turntable, and draw a line along the side before dividing the cake in half. Slice the cake horizontally to get a clean cut. Place the upper cake slice on the rack with the cutting surface facing up. Brush the bottom and upper cake slice with the soaking syrup. Drop enough whip cream on the bottom cake slice and spread the cream on the surface with a off set spatula. Cover the cream layer with the sliced strawberries. Cover the strawberries with another layer of whip cream. Place the upper cake on top with the syrup soaked side facing down. Brush the syrup to the very top of the cake. Cover the cake's surface and sides with the whip cream and frost. Prepare a piping bag with a star shaped tip and add the cream in to the bag. Decorate the rim of the cake with any chosen design to make a border. Squeeze out the cream on the cake top for the strawberries to go on top later. Lift the cake onto the spatula and serve in on a plate. Place the strawberries in top. It is ready to serve!

Lori Annalynn

Fancy Icebox Cookies

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. butter (or half butter half shortening)
• 3/5 c. powdered sugar
• 2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 3 eggs
• 3 c. flour
• optional: food coloring

Directions:

1. Cream butter (not softened), powdered sugar, and salt together in a large bowl until well blended.

2. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and flour to creamed ingredients, mixing until just blended (overmixing the flour will lower the quality of the cookies). If desired, add food

3. Remove cookie dough from bowl and roll out on floured work surface. (Important: The dough needs to be cold and rather stiff to work with. If necessary, refrigerate or freeze before rolling.)

4. To make picture cookies, roll out dough about 1/4 in. thick. Using cookie cutters, cut desired shapes. (To make the round cookies with pictures, I used large round cookie cutters and smaller shaped ones. If using multiple colors of dough, cut out a shape of one color and insert it into the hole of another color.)

5. To make striped cookies, roll out multiple layers of dough and stack them in alternating colors, then slice off cookies about 1/4 in. thick. (This method can also be used to make other designs; see notes below.)

6. Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375°F for 10–12 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

Notes:

• Putting too much sugar in these cookies will cause them to spread and will ruin the designs, so don't do it!
• If the dough is too soft, refrigerate or freeze it until it becomes firm again. (If waiting between preparing and baking the cookies, be sure to keep them cold.)
• This dough can be used to make many other designs, including pinwheels, bulls-eyes, and more!
• Instead of using different colors of dough, you could also make different flavors, such as chocolate, butterscotch, or vanilla.

Desna

SPUMONI COOKIES

Ingredients:

- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (see TIPS)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened (see TIPS)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 eggs (see TIPS)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside. (see TIPS)
2. Cream together the softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. (see TIPS) Stir in the instant pistachio pudding mix until well combined. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until blended. Then fold in chocolate chips, cherries and pistachios. (see TIPS)
-See TIPS for festive suggestions before continuing~
3. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking pans or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake in preheated oven until light brown, about 10 minutes. (see TIPS)
5. Once completed let sit on pan for a couple minutes longer and then immediately transfer to wire rack to cool completely before storing in air-tight container. (see TIPS)

TIPS to help you get the best cookie you can:
- Do not pack your flour when measuring. Too much flour can dry out your cookies. Use a spoon or a scoop and carefully pour into measuring cup until full. Then take a knife or flat tool and wipe away the excess flour.
- An easy way to sift together flour and baking soda is simply combine them into a bowl and then get out a small whisk (or even a long pronged fork) and carefully stir. Too hard and you have flour and baking soda flying everywhere.
- You know your butter is soft enough by performing a finger test. If you can press down on the butter and it gives, leaving an impression, it is ready. And using softened butter makes creaming it later much easier. And can also yield a chewier cookie.
- Try working with room temperature eggs. They can yield better cookies and having all your ingredients at the same temperature can help during the baking process. Especially if you do not plan to chill your dough.
- When you cream the butter and sugars together make sure you do a good job. The more whipped your cookie batter the fluffier the cookies. Ten minutes of mixing/creaming the butter and sugars should do it. Gives the arms or the KitchenAid mixer a nice work out.
- Feel free to alter the amounts of the cherries, pistachios and chocolate chips based on preference. Just don't add too much that it overwhelms the batter and makes it chunky. I like to add more pistachios to my cookies, but I chop mine a little finer.
- To make the cookies more festive and brighter in color try separating the completed batter into two bowls. In one bowl add green food color until you reach the desired shade of green. In the other bowl use red food coloring until you reach desired shade of red. Then take a little of each colored dough and swirl together, or do half and half to make the cookie balls you will place on the cookie sheet/pan. Be creative. This is definitely fun to do with kids. A bit messy, but fun.
- To give the batter a little more cherry flavor try adding a tiny bit of maraschino cherry juice/syrup from the jar to the red colored batter. Do not add the cherry juice/syrup if you choose not to split the batter into green and red as the cherry and pistachio flavors will become too muddled and you will lose the Spumoni-ness!
- I strongly recommend chilling the batter before baking. I like to stick my cookie batter into the fridge. Usually overnight so it is chilled to the very center of the dough. You'll find the batter easier to work with (less goopy or sticky). And it gives the Spumoni batter more time to meld together and bring out the pistachio-ness of the pudding mix. Also good if you added the cherry juice/syrup to the red dough.
- Since oven temperatures vary it is best to keep an eye on your oven during the first round of cookie baking to avoid over-baking. While the recipe says they should be done on average around 10 minutes, you should check on it at 8 minutes. Then watch around the edges of the cookie for those 2 minutes. If they start to look golden brown around the edges before 10 minutes are up then pull them out. If they still don't look brown at 10, you can give it another minute. But not too much more than that. Don't worry too much if the top of the cookie doesn't look completely done. Cookies continue to bake a little more even after they are removed from the oven. Additionally, do not base a cookies done-ness by how the top of it looks. If the Spumoni cookies look completely baked all over while still in the oven then you have likely over-baked.
- If you are uncertain and don't want to risk a whole sheet of cookies, then do a test run of 2-3 spoonfuls of cookies, baking until you feel it is done, remove, and then let cool. Then test by appearance and taste/texture as to whether the cookie has reached the desired consistency. From there determine if more or less baking time is required.
- If you don't have a cooling rack for cookies and other baked goods you can use a clean grill, oven, or broiler pan. If the rack is too wide you can put down parchment paper to prevent sagging or having the cookies falling through. A pizza baking stone can also work. You can also use a plate with paper towel or parchment paper on the bottom, but do not stack cookies while they are still warm. They will become soggy and stick to one another. One can also use a clean, unused cookie sheet and transfer the cookies to it to finish cooling. Keep in mind that leaving a cookie to cool on a flat surface prevents the cookie from cooling evenly and it will take longer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff