Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

Welcome to the annual Modmas holiday event! We have burnt the midnight oil to come up with fantastic contests and prizes while we raise our glass in toast to our 5th year in celebrating you. Gaia wouldn't be the same without our amazing members and we are here to spread the holiday merriment across the site.

Whether you're here for free art from Staff, to participate in one of our many contests for fabulous prizes, or just to hang out with your friends and Gaia family- and maybe be lucky enough to snag a few free gifts from friends, anons, or our very own Modmas NPC- we hope you have fun. Whatever your reason for coming, we hope you stick around and have a good time with all of us. We hope you have a very Merry Modmas and Happy Holidays.

Table of contents

Page 1

And there even MORE contests on the second page so keep reading to find out about those! - Page 2

Page 2

Contest Guidelines
  • Unless otherwise stated, all contests will end on December 31st
  • Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be awarded by the first couple weeks of January
  • If you have a question about a contest, please read through the contest and contact the contest holder
  • All awards and prizes given out are at the discretion and approval of the contest holder and/or Gaia Staff

Rules
  • Please do NOT spam. Even though this is an event thread, you are expected to follow the forum rules.
  • Please do NOT steal any images made for this thread or hosted in this thread. Give credit where credit is due please.
  • Please keep all of your posts legible (i.e. no bright colors), and make sure your posts are clean enough that the content can be found without needing to resort to detective work.
  • Please do NOT quote any of the contest posts.
  • All Gaia Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines restrictions apply. We want to give you nice things; don't give us reason to take them away.
  • This is not the place to bring up issues such as bans, warnings, or any complaint regarding Gaia with the Moderator staff.
    • To ask about a ban or warning, you can send a PM to any Moderator.
    • To contest a ban, please file a General Account Inquiry ticket in the Help Center, found by using the Contact Us link.
    • To file a complaint about a Moderator or staff member, please send an email to usertalk @ gaiaonline dot com.
    • To report a hacking, please use the Report a Hacking form.
    • To report a scamming, please use the Report a Scamming form.
    • To report abuse or harassment, please use the Report Abuse or Harassment form.

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to the 2013 Modmas Art Giveaway!
Since Modmas' inception, mods and other staff have come together to create art for the users to give back to the community during the holiday season. We all have different art styles and skills sets, so we hope you'll find someone here whose art you just can't live without! Make sure to read the requirements for each artist if you would like to receive art from them.

Name: Goosies Moosies
Samples: Boop Boop Boop
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Must make a formal request in either a profile comment or post with my name quoted, with an idea of what they want (ie: name banner sig, graphic for an art shop) and all relevant info. I'll pick a maximum of 15 people over the course of Modmas to do this for. Finished Graphics and Slots

Name: Pandilicious
Samples: X x X x X x
More examples can be found on my deviantart
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Just say in the thread you want art from me. Please don't PM me or comment on my profile for art. My PMs get backed up enough. crying Pick up art here

Name: Lillypuff
Samples: [ X ] [ X ] [ X ] [ X ]
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Avatar must be holiday or winter themed. Quote me with a tektek itemlist, and I'll pick a few at random. :D

Name: Zaerin Grey
Samples: One! Two! Three! Four! OMG adding digital art!!!
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Random?! RANDOM!!!!! Pizza banana monkey sauce random..... Fair warning, I'm terrible with digital as I just started using a tablet and MS paint, so images may be hand drawn. Quality will suffer! SO SHALL THE MASSES! Random?

Name: Razumi Yazura
Samples: [x] [x] [x] [x - only if I have time to colour stuff]
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I tend to be very busy IRL, so I may not be able to look through pages on my own. So that I can easily search it, put "razumihihello" somewhere in your post. Only in the modmas thread, please. I cannot guarantee a bust for everyone, but this will at least help me know that someone is interested.

Name: Flameinexile
Samples: X x
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Holiday clothing only. Post a comment request to be entered in my raffle.

Name: Elindranyth
Samples: 1 // 2 // 3
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I will randomly be putting users into boxes. Do not ask to be put in a box, it will just happen. If it happens I will quote you and also PM you. I will not be putting anyone in a box who has a background on their avatar, so keep that in mind if you do want one!

Name: Zefius
Samples: One , Two , Three
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Random! I'll pick random users from the thread. If your avatar is a furry though, you might have a bigger chance of being drawn by me. emotion_yatta The art will be head-shots only!

Name: Chrystal Liena
Samples:
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Mostly random. Simpler avatars are more likely to be chosen than cluttered ones. I primarily will be doing head shots with the occasional full body here and there.

Name: pugnacious banana
Samples: 1 2 3 4
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: probably random. i guess i might show up in the thread and ask people to quote me if they want art or something.

Name: badtzmaru
Samples: one, two
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I'll pick one holiday-themed avi on pages ending with 44.

Name: Watervoir
Samples:
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Quote me or otherwise let me know what you want drawn to be considered! emotion_yatta Be warned that if you don't give me an image or tektek in your request post and you change your avatar that I might end up drawing whatever avatar you have equipped at the time I start.

Name: Yuroppa
Samples: [Normal] [Chibi] [Pixels]
More samples on deviantART
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Female only. Quote me with a reference/avatar/tektek if you'd like to be considered. Please don't PM me or comment on my profile. heart

Name: Khrate
Samples: most recent bust
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Random would be best. Simple > cluttered, female > male. I can do page contests but the quality of the art might suffer a bit hah. In these scenarios, though, quantity should probably come first. wink

Name: Silver Nox
Samples: 1 / 2 / 3
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I'll do drawings at random but not for anyone who just 'bumps.' Stick around and chat! Quote me if you want to make sure you are considered.

Name: Koleda
Samples: x
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Random, I am terrible lazy.

If you're a Gaian that would love to join us in the spirit of community and giving, we'd love to have your art as well! Just fill out the form below by posting in the thread, and send me a Private Message on my Sunlit Angel Account with the page number that your post is on. I'll find it and add it to the thread here. Make sure to also include something in your PM stating that you want to give away art since I'm also hosting an art contest and don't want to get PMs confused. Remember, this is for giving away free art to other users, not for receiving art. You can also make your own thread in the Art Freebie's Forum. Let me know and I'll link it here!

The Form:
[b]I'm a Gaian that would love to gift spam art to other Gaians![/b]
[b]Name:[/b] Your username. If you want to remain anonymous, you can certainly go ahead and send user's artwork on a mule or by including a link to the artwork when using the anon gift system, you don't HAVE to post here to send users art. This is mainly for users that would like to gift art but want people to follow certain requirements and such. :3
[b]Samples:[/b] Links to your samples
[b]Special Requirements[/b]: List here if there's anything you want users to do such as wear holiday avatars, comment on your profile, write a quirky holiday poem, etc, before they can receive your art!

Gaians that have signed up to give art

I'm a Gaian that would love to gift spam art to other Gaians!
Username: Wolves Luver
Samples: X X X
Special Requirements: I'm going to be pretty busy during this month, but I will do my best to draw a few people. It will be totally random. Just tag me or put my name in the post if your interested so I know : )

Name: Alexander_Lyre
Samples: X - XX - XXX - XXXX
Special Requirements: Females only. I can do OC or Avatar; as well as i can MLPFiM. Thanks.

Name: NuSith
Samples: Chibi sample Chibi Head Comic Book style (inked)
Special Requirements: Quote me, be dressed in Holiday garb. I am a bit busy in real but I will take the time to draw a few random people. Probably won't get to all of them, but I will try to get some, or randomly gift strange little items.

Name: Interchange
Samples: 1/ 2 (I upgraded my art style after 3 years)
Special Requirements: Not too crowded please! It's really hard to draw your avatar, if you have so much clutter!

Name: ellephants
Samples: × ×
Special Requirements: i prefer simple, female avatars that are winter or holiday themed! it will be random, but quote me if you are interested!

Name: PaniJeziora.
Samples: 1 2 3 4 5
Special Requirements: send me a PM, and every second user who sends a massage will recive art. (unless there is a small amount of massages, then all of you will)

Name: AmythestLee
Samples: ~..~..~
Special Requirements: Please PM my mule (MissMacCheesy). In the PM, I wanna know what you want most from Santa this year. I will be doing a total of 10 free Avi Arts before Christmas, depending on how many request. I hand draw and color all of my work. No digital art.

Name: Baked Gewds
Samples: [x] [x] [x]
Special Requirements: Just don't quote me more than once, and please include your reference in your quote. I probably won't be able to get to everyone, sorry in advance. I am open to drawing anything, but my preferences go FURRY > OC > FEMALE > MALE > AVI > CLUTTERED AVI. Thanks!

Name: Amy Ruse
Samples: 1 2 3 4
Special Requirements:You can request even the most random things,but please be understanding if it takes a while for me to draw your request.Please PM me if you happen to want to have me draw you something.

Name: MoonlightKo
Samples: x X x X (More in my DeviantART)
Special Requirements: Random (will choose ones who wears a holiday theme outfit). Chatting with me in this thread will raise the chance of getting you a chibi drawing.

Name: redshn
Samples:
Special Requirements: I will randomly choose holiday-themed avis! To increase your chances you can either quote me, send a PM or comment on my profile! I will also accept OC's with holiday-themed clothes and I miiiiiight consider couples!

Name: TheSinOfWrath1313
Samples: [One][Two][Three][Four]
Special Requirements: I would love to see some holiday avis! I love drawing Christmas stuff!
Female> Male Clean>Cluttered

Name: Evelin333
Samples:samp samp
Special Requirements: Quote/PM (PM preferred)
Do not PM more than one thanks. Please provide all relevant details and ref's in first PM. Female humanoids only. Will reply to those i will draw, give me a week and if you don't have a reply then i'm sorry to say i didn't draw you.

Name: Boou.
Samples: Pew Pew Pew Pew
Special Requirements: I'll pick at random cause I have a busy life. And I'm lazy when I'm not busy razz
The more simple the better I suppose o:

Name: Orgasmic Condom Kitty
Samples: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Special Requirements: cute things are what I love the most. Just give me a reference. and don't pm me asking about art and or commissions

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Because Xya is a special snowflake, the private messages to Invalid Option have been set to off this entire time. As such, we are extending the contest for any last-minute entries for 2 (two) days. The entire contest will close on January 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST and prizes will be awarded as planned.

Sorry for the delay, and Happy New Year!

User Image

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Happy Holidays!

It's that time of the year again, where you're holding your arms in the freezing cold, wearing the most puffiest of coats, and wishing you had a nice warm mug of hot cocoa. Except you're here reading my contest, so lets get right down to what this contest is! This is simply as the title says, a fishing contest; I love to fish on Gaia, so I'm holding a competition of it for this year's Modmas. If you're interested in joining, just go ahead and do so! But first, go read the rules.

Rules

✘ Follow the ToS and Rules and Guidelines.
✘ Everyday from the start to the end of the contest, I will post what the fish of the day is. You must catch this fish and then state the new phrase I announce alongside what fish you need to catch as well as putting the day's date. The phrase of the day will be a quote from my room mate who says funny things and I keep a list of them for reasons. Here is an example:
User Image

If you can't see the image, click here.

✘ You must quote me, the first who do so win each day's points. Do NOT PM me. I must be notified by quoting me correctly for it to count. Please copy and paste this at the beginning of your posts to get my attention:

[quote="Shirlox"][/quote]

✘ Posted screenshots must be viewable to all using places such as Photobucket, Tinypic, or Imgur.
✘ Cheating will be considered scamming. This means no taking screenshots of pre-caught fish and then editing the photo so that you post first.
✘ You may only use 1 account for this contest, no mules to fish together. If you are caught using more accounts, you will be disqualified.
✘ Each day, the first 5 people to quote me with a link of their photo will receive points, the person with the most points at the end wins.
✘ Sometime after 12 pm PDT each day is when the fish for the day will be posted.
✘ First person to quote me gets 3 points, second and third receive 2 points, and fourth and fifth will receive 1 point.
✘ Now and then I might post a fish to be caught, but only one person will receive 2 points for catching it first, this is to give others more of a chance to score points.
✘ In the off chance of a tie, there will be a fish off. At a time where both contestants are on and can fish, a tie breaker will decide who will win with a random fish I will say I want you to catch. The same rules will apply that you will have a special phrase and date to say in the chat.
✘ Have fun fishing, enjoy Modmas, and have a happy Holidays.

Prizes
Prizes for this competition will be as the following:

1st Place: 3 Mil
gaia_gaiagold
3 Million Gold

2nd Place: User Image & User Image
Striking Thief & Rookie Detective

3rd Place: User Image
Monthly Collectible Letter for November 2013

The current standings as of 12/25 are:
Kyuui Kiwi - 31 points
MoonlightKo - 26 points
Flipperu - 19 points
lilloulou - 14 points
rehama - 4 points
Your Deranged Kat - 3 points
JetStick - 3 points
Hakayos Gift - 2 points
Mistress Kationie - 2 points
definite_blonde - 2 points

Fish so far:
User Image
12/24
User Image
12/23
User Image
12/22
User Image
12/20 & 12/21
User Image
12/19
User Image
12/18
User Image
12/17
User Image
12/16
User Image
12/15
User Image
12/14
User Image
12/13
User Image
12/12
User Image
12/11
User Image
12/10
User Image
12/9
User Image
12/8
User Image
12/6 & 12/7
User Image
12/5
User Image
12/4

You can look for my contest post for the phrase of the day here. Remember to look for the current day's post, not a previous days'.

This contest will begin on December 4th and the final day will be December 24th, 2013 (PDT).

Here are some quick links for you!
Fishing Links | How to catch/filter | Fishing Store

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

User Image
totally not lazy and didn't use the same banner as last year

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
User Image
User Image

. . . . Hey there! I am inviting all of you to a number game of sorts. Pick a number on the grid and you will get whatever prize that is under it. It could be gold, items, or even freebie art. However, I would like something in return. No, it's not a gold fee. Nothing of the sort. Instead, I want letters...written letters...

Rules:
...✦ Self explanitory, but please follow the ToS and Rules and Guidelines.
...✦ I am not going to buy items off your wishlists. Please don't ask.
...✦ Keep in mind that I work 50-70+ hours a week IRL, so please be patient with me. I will primarily be making updates when I am home.
...✦ I will be revealing and granting what is under the numbers once the entire grid is filled.
...✦ I will create additional rounds with more prizes.
...You can only enter once per round. Don't cheat or try to bypass this. Don't make Santa sad.
...✦ Only three rounds per person.
...✦ If you happen to have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me.
...✦ Be creative and have fun!

What do I need to do?:
...✦ I'd like to see a written letter to Santa. Please write one for me!
...✦ If you are adding a wishlist of sorts to the letter, it cannot be related to Gaia items. This isn't the point of this game. Let's play pretend.
...✦ I do not want a text entry. It has to be saved as an image. I will link your name with it on the grid list.
...✦ I would prefer that the letter be handwritten. However, if this is difficult for you, you can type over parchment paper texture.
...✦ You can doodle art with your letter, but that is completely optional. Reindeer, Santa...anything. Have fun.
...✦ Please send your letter in a PM to my mule, Nysticus Galetharn. Don't send it to my main. It might get lost.
...✦ Please make the subject title to your PM "Letter to Santa" for clarity.
...✦ Once I have approved your letter, pick a number by commenting in Nysticus' profile. Link the letter somewhere in your profile comment.
...✦ Pay close attention to the numbers that others have chosen to avoid overlapping.
...✦ If you pick a number before your letter has been approved, it will be deleted. Please avoid disqualification. I will be lenient if a user genuinely made a mistake, but please be careful.

The Extra Treat:
...✦ For users that I feel have given the extra effort and/or creativity to their letters, I will invite them to pick a number for the second grid.
...✦ I will be doing this at random once their are a decent amount of participants.
...✦ I will also RNG to pick people, but only if there are at least 36 participants.
...✦ Some of Grid 1's numbers directly grant the access to pick a number for Grid 2.
...✦ The prizes on this grid will be of higher value than the first grid.

The Grid 1:
[Round 1]
Round 2:
User Image

The Grid 2:

User Image

Good Boys and Girls (Grid 1):
Round 1: 36/36

Round 2: 29/36

The Shooting Star (Grid 2):
3/9
4. Artemis Wolfshadow
5. Angelic Reprobate
6. Hyperactive Nerd
9. Sir Miles

Weeaboo Informer

User Image
User Image
Care for a little something different this holiday season? Then you've come to the 'write' place. (Haha. 'Write' place. Get it?) This contest is a little different from your average writing contest. You see, this one takes on that "creepypasta" vibe to it. Yup. You got it. It's a spooky writing contest. Instead of just scary, we're aiming for a holiday theme to these scary stories to tie in with the season.

Are you up for the challenge?

Contest Rules
☠ It goes without saying, but please follow the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines. This includes not submitting anything that depicts excessive violence or gore.
☠ As this is a holiday themed contest, please have some aspect of the season (snow, gift giving, family gatherings, friends on a holiday skiing trip, etc). Don't forget though, the main thing we're after is something overall spooky!
☠ The story does not have to be Gaia-themed, but it can be.
☠ The story must be your own. Please do not submit anything that you have not written or created yourself. Plagiarism is bad, mkay?

How to Enter
☃ Entries are to be posted here. The thread linked there will serve as the holding area for the contest in order to keep things neater and all in one place. Stories posted anywhere else will not be judged.
☃ PM the entry form to Aleksei or Darien S..
☃ Please title your PM with "Modmas Story Contest."

Prizes
❅ Best Overall Story: (One Winner) User Image December 2013 Sealed Envelope x4 (four)
❅ Best Gaia-Themed Story: (One Winner) User Image December 2013 Sealed Envelope x2 (two)
❅ Funniest Story: (Two Winners, one picked by Aleksei and the other by Darien S.) User Image AND User Image December 2013 CI x2 (two) (one light and one dark)
❅ Honourable Mention: (Two Winners, one picked by Aleksei and the other by Darien S.) User Image OR User Image December 2013 CI x1 (one) (Winner chooses either light or dark)

Technical Information
☞ A word count is in play for this contest. The minimum word count is 100 words and the maximum is 5,000. Please do not go over this. If you need help in finding out how many words your story is, feel free to use this site that I totally didn't just randomly pick when Google searching (as we'll be using it to verify the word count of the entries): http://www.wordcounter.net/
☞ Judging will be done by the tag-team duo of Aleksei and Darien S.
☞ Deadline for entry is 23 December 2013, 11:59 PM PST.
☞ You can enter multiple entries, as long as you're only submitting entries for different categories.
☞ All prizes will be awarded by 7 January 2014, 11:59 PM PST, and winners will be announced here.

Winners
☆ Best Overall Story: The Radio by ChartreuseRose
☆ Best Gaia-Themed Story: Apply Antifreeze when Cold by babyl10

☆ Funniest Story (Aleksei): My Christmas Snow Angel by rose-zoey
☆ Funniest Story (Darien S.): The List by 4Midnight_Storms

☆ Honourable Mention (Aleksei): The Cottage in the Arctic by TheMainCharacter1
☆ Honourable Mention (Darien S.): Untitled by Sir Miles

User Image

Entry Form
[b]Title:[/b] [i](This is optional. You don't have to have a title if you don't want one.)[/i]

[b]Word Count:[/b] [i](Please be sure to check the technical information for the limits.)[i]

[b]Story Category:[/b] (General spooky story, spooky with some funny thrown in, Gaia-themed)

[b]Link to Story:[/b] [url=LINK_GOES_HERE]Here is my entry.[/url] [i](Please don't forget to edit in the url to your story, otherwise we may overlook it.)[/i]

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

User Image
User Image

How it Works:
                                              The aim is to find all the items on the list (note there will be more than one list, launched periodically. So watch this space ^_^ )

All answers should be in a PM sent TO MY MULE ACCOUNT AND NOT THIS ONE. This is to avoid them being buried in my inbox.

Prizes go to the first 4 people to PM my mule with all parts of the scavenger hunt completed.
                                              Mule is:: Surrender to Insanity

Rules:
                                              • Do not PM me your answers or you will be disqualified. (answer must go to my mule please)
                                              • Must have all answers in complete (and in a single PM ) or it will not count
                                              • You may only win one prize (ie if you win one you cannot win in another...this is to spread the cheer as far as possible <33 )

Prizes
                                              1st Prize: 2 Million Gold
                                              2nd Prize: 1 Million Gold
                                              3rd Prize: 500k Gold
                                              4th Prize: 250k Gold

Finished...prizes will be sent by december 31st

And everyone remember to thank badtzmaru for helping out with the scavenger hunt.

Fluffy Trash

User Image
User ImageHeya! I'm Zefius and this year I decided to make an art contest for some avatars I have! Some are Xmas themed and some are other themes so, you can pick whichever you want to draw and submit your drawing to participate in my contest! yum_puddi
This is my first time participating and I'm very excited to see the outcome! Merry Modmas/Xmas everyone! 4laugh

Mini Announcement:

Contest Ended, winners picked!

Rules:

• Follow the T.o.S.
  • You can choose any avatar that you want from the options below.
  • You can have multiple entries.
  • Entries must be your own work. original work. Any commercial images, tektek, or anything of the sort will not be allowed.
  • You have artistic freedom, do as you wish as long as it follows the ToS. 3nodding
  • All skill levels are welcome.
  • You can have multiple avatars in the same submission.
  • If you want to ask any questions or get my attention, please quote me with this:
    [quote="Zefius"][/quote]

• Don't quote this post! Please!
  • All entries should be sent to me via private message. Please label the PM "My Avatar Art Entry!".
  • Entries will be added to a list below.
  • When I receive your entry and when I have added it to the list, I will reply back with a confirmation of such action. whee
  • I will be picking the winners via personal opinion.

The Avatars:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 1,500,000 gold
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 gold
  • 3rd Place - 500,000 gold

I will also give prizes to some honorable mentions! 3nodding

Deadline:

Dec. 31st 11:59pm Gaia HQ time [ = Jan 1st 3-4am Atlantic Standard Time]

Winners:

Okay, after staring at the art pieces for hour(s), I finally decided the winners!

Third Place goes to...:
Gunmi!
The artwork:
User Image
I really loved how this one turned out. I'm a fan of this certain style and the fact that the hair/shirt/shoes look so good, made me smile and just stare at it so much.
Gunmi

Second Place goes to...:
rhouvin
!
The artwork:
User Image
This looks so professionally done! The captions down below, the swirl, everything looks so great! I especially love the scarf/snow in this picture, good job!
rhouvin

And FIRST place goes tooo...
swimming_bishies
!
The artwork:
User Image
The perspective from this is just great! I cant stop staring at the little details like the shoes, cup logo, shirt pattern, etc! I think the perspective made me pick you as first place. Congrats!
swimming_bishies

Thats not all!
I also had to give some honorable mentions/prize to the following:
Honorable Mentions!:

Name will link to his/her artwork!

taptothebeat
I loved the sketchy/winter feel about this one <3
taptothebeat

Neko98111
All I can think of is SO MUCH SNOWW <3 Looked great!
Neko98111

chikane_miyu_rio
This one gave me nostalgia <3 Looks so time travelly!
chikane_miyu_rio

Nyuka
This one goes great with the theme. So flowy with the staff power. whee
Nyuka

Harue Raiko
This one the background is eye calling, and the chibi looked cute!
Harue Raiko

exclibur731
When I saw this one i squeeeeeed. <3 i loved eeet
exclibur731

LittleLordGothleroy
Only digigrade in the entry list and loved it! Thank you!
LittleLordGothleroy

Aaand last one to l Jenna I! With her two entries!
one two
They're sooo adorable and this sketchy style/feel <3

Thank you all for participating!
I'll be sending trades as soon as possible! It's 4:30am over here and I'm falling asleep, but Ill send the trades before that! 4laugh

Congrats to the winners!

Entries:

[ taptothebeat - 1 ][ Apathetic Ciel - 2 ][ MistyMary24 - 3 ][ Neko98111 - 4 ][ chikane_miyu_rio - 5 ][ Nyuka - 6 ][ tabycatz - 7 ][ iiForgottenOrgasm - 8 ][ Harue Raiko - 9 ][ exclibur731 - 10 ]
[ Angel Dream Cakes - 11 ][ rhouvin - 12 ][ Gunmi - 13 ][ LittleLordGothleroy - 14 ][ l Jenna I - 15 ][ l Jenna I - 16 ][ Dagera - 17 ][ swimming_bishies - 18 ]

xMill's Partner

Welcome to fabby and Khrate's Holiday Haiku-off!
This is a Modmas poetry contest for our dearest Gaian writers hosted by fabuleuse and Khrate.
If you have any questions, please quote fabuleuse or I in this (the main Modmas) thread to grab our attention.

Abide by Gaia's Terms of Service.
Each user may submit up to 3 haikus per category.
Make sure to follow the 5-7-5 haiku syllable pattern for all submissions.
Please include which category you're entering or use the form below when submitting haikus. If you don't, we will assign a category for your haiku.
Have fun and use your imagination, but remember to submit only your own work.
This contest ends on December 31st, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST.

These are the categories of this contest and a description of what we're looking for in each category.
Keep the subjects of your haikus related to the topics below.

holiday haikus, including those about gifting and other traditions associated with Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, or another seasonal holiday
haikus associated with the winter season-- e.g. frolicking in the snow, sledding/skiing, weather, no school
all haikus that aim to be a little wacky or outlandish with the holiday or seasonal themes, usually for comedic effect

Post all your haiku submissions in this thread.
If you would like, you may utilize this form so that we know you're writing for this contest.

[align=center][size=16] [size=18][color=red]✐[/color][/size] [color=red][u][color=#00CC66][b][size=24]W[/size]RITING TO YOU, MY MODMAS HAIKU[i] ! ! ![/i][/b][/color][/u][/color] [size=22][color=red]✍ [/color][/size] [color=grey]
[size=11]I'm submitting to category: PLEASE PICK ONE: That Holiday Spirit, That Winter Season, Too Much 'Nog For Me[/size]
WRITE YOUR HAIKU HERE[/color][/size][/align]

WRITING TO YOU, MY MODMAS HAIKU ! ! !
I'm submitting to category: PLEASE PICK ONE: That Holiday Spirit, That Winter Season, Too Much 'Nog For Me
WRITE YOUR HAIKU HERE

For each category, we will award the first, second, and third place authors with the following prizes:
1st place - 500,000 gold
2nd place - 250,000 gold
3rd place - 100,000 gold
We will also select some honorable mentions who will receive additional prizes.

Visit this thread to view the current entries!

The winners will be determined by January 15th, 2014.
fabuleuse and I will be the judges of this contest.

Hello! This is my first time hosting an art contest on Gaia.
I hope that everything is fairly straightforward, but if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Alternatively, you can also quote me in this (the main Modmas) thread with any inquiries.

I have no preference between these avatars, but please utilize at least one of them.
You may include Lucky the Cat in any of the references (not just the fourth avatar).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please abide by Gaia's Terms of Service.
You may submit as many entries as you would like.
By entering this contest, you give me the right to use your submission on Gaia Online.
Submit only your own original work. Do not use/modify the art of others for this contest (doll bases are not allowed).
Do not send entries to my private message mailbox or my comments. All entries should be submitted in this thread.

1st place - 5,000,000 gold
2nd place - 2,500,000 gold
3rd place - 1,000,000 gold
A couple honorable mentions will also receive some modest item prizes.

Please visit this thread to view the current entries!

1st place - 5,000,000 gold - BOMB4Y
User Image
I thought that this deserved first place not just because you're my friend, Lucas, but because the precision of the lines, the colors, even the border is exceptional. I really like the perspective you drew my character in and the fact that you included your own avatar, something I didn't see in any of the other entries but certainly wasn't forbidden in this contest. 3nodding

2nd place - 2,500,000 gold - swimming_bishies
User Image
I can tell that you put quite some thought into this submission! Besides the fact that it's full body and painted, I liked that you included details like a gleam for the eyes, Lucky hanging off of the tail, and two contrasting colors for the shadows. I think the pose reflects confidence and maybe even cockiness haha, which I quite like! xd

3rd place - 1,000,000 gold - TheMainCharacter1
User Image
Of all the entries to my contest, I thought this one had the most dynamic pose and most intriguing perspective. It's awesome that you managed to include all the aspects of the avatar without using a conventional pose (which would certainly make the art easier to draw, but there's no fun in that)! I'm very, very pleased with how this turned out and I hope that you are too. wink

Honorable mention - User Image - Czhe
User Image
Hey again Czhe! First off, I should thank you for taking the time to enter my contest at all after I commissioned you just a couple weeks earlier. I really liked the way your entry came out, especially because I think your Lucky is my absolute favorite of all the submissions. There's such poise instilled within this piece and I really like the slightly freehand/messy way you colored the various items. Of all the entries, I think this is definitely the most elegant looking. lol

Honorable mention - User Image - sasayaKura
User Image
I thought that this entry was really well done. The light source was consistent and the way you drew my avatar's expression makes me look really amiable, haha. It's cool that Lucky is chilling on my shoulder; I wish Gaia had that option for the item itself. I think this entry, if it were a photograph, looks the most candid/unposed/natural. rofl

Honorable mention - User Image - Gunmi
User Image
I had a hard time choosing between this entry and your other (full body, monochrome) entry because they both deserve honorable mentions. In the end, I thought this chibi was very well done because of both the coloring and the pose. I've never had art with Lucky drawn under the cap, so I really liked that little aspect. The expression is spot on with my avatar, which is great! mrgreen

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - regiand
User Image
Even though this entry is just a headshot, I really liked the way you drew the scarf and the single visible eye. It's interesting that you included freckles, because I've never seen someone do that in art for me before-- but it turned out quite well! I think the speedpaint/slightly careless coloring style you have is admirable because it lends a pleasant feeling of whimsy to your art. smile

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - P4ttycak3
User Image
Hi again! I thought that your piece was definitely the most unique of all the submissions because, like you said, you started with a modeling program and worked from there. I can only imagine how much time it took for you to create/draw this and I really appreciate that. I especially enjoyed the way you thought of a scenario surrounding the art and how you included Lucky into the story. cool

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - Imported Cookie
User Image
Of the handful of chibi entries submitted, I thought that yours was definitely the most "cute" haha. I like that you drew a fussy/disobedient Lucky because I feel as if cats in real life are just as stubborn. From the shading to the little motion markers to the edges of the uniform's vest, I thought that overall, your chibi was very thorough. whee

This contest is officially over. Thank you all for your submissions, it was very VERY difficult to choose "winners" among them because they were all great. I hope everyone has a great 2014!

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Mission ONE of TWO ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ » ░░░░░░░░░x-- ↬
User Image

- - Watervoir's wish for wacky works -- an Avatar Art Contest!

---message start---

File 011213: CLASSIFIED
              ________

Preamble:

Greetings. Please find attached your task for Modmas 2013, as prescribed by Forum Assistant Watervoir of Barton Town, Anime/Manga/Comics, Mini Shops, and Computers & Technology. We wish you a Merry Modmas.

Objective:

ART CONTEST: To draw art, demonstrate creativity, have fun, and perhaps win some prizes along the way.

Announcements:
              January 5, 2013: The winners have been decided! See here for details.

Materials:

-your rebelliously creative brain
              -a trusty art tool

Procedure:

1. Select one or more of the following:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

2. DRAW IT. And have fun!

3. Submit entries via PM to Watervoir with the title "My Avatar Art Entry!". Watervoir will confirm if your entry has been received.

6. The deadline to submit entries is December 31 11:59 pm Gaia HQ time (PST).

References:
              List A -- Rules:

• Abide by Gaia's ToS.
              • You may submit as many entries as you want, but a single artist cannot win more than one prize.
              • Judging will occur by January 6, 2013.
              • For any questions or if you want to get her attention, please quote Watervoir with this:
                [quote="Watervoir"][/quote]

• Please do not quote this post!
              • Honourable mentions may be chosen out of Watervoir's own discretion.

List B -- Prizes:

1st place: 1,500,000g
                2nd place: 1,000,000g
                3rd place: 750,000g

Honourable mentions might be awarded.

_______________xx
    _____________________________xx
    ___________________________________________________________xx

User Image

Mission TWO of TWO ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ » ░░░░░░░░░x-- ↬
User Image

- - Watervoir's wrangle for wild warbles -- a Towns adventure!

---message start---

File 011213.2: CLASSIFIED User Image
              ________

Preamble:

Greetings. Please find attached your task for Modmas 2013, as prescribed by Forum Assistant Watervoir of Barton Town, Anime/Manga/Comics, Mini Shops, and Computers & Technology. We wish you a Merry Modmas.

Purpose:

To promote the spirit of cheer and music through a contest and a random draw to be held on December 26 by January 6.

Announcements:
              January 5, 2013: The winners have been decided! See here for details.

Materials:

-your rebelliously creative brain
              -preliminary knowledge of Christmas Carols or other Holiday Music
              -a partner in crime

Procedure:

1. Find a friend.
                  2. Enter Towns 1 or Towns 2 together.
                  3. Screenshot yourselves carolling in the Town (and if you'd like, gifs are accepted also!).
                  4. Submit the image through a PM to Watervoir with the title "Carolling out in the Snow". Please resize the image so it's not too big if necessary. Please use the following form:

[b]Usernames of Participants:[/b]
                  [b]Image:[/b]

Watervoir will confirm if your entry has been received.

5. You may only enter a maximum of three times.
                  6. The deadline to submit entries is December 31 11:59 pm Gaia HQ time (PST).
                  7. Prizes will be awarded for the three most creative/funniest (but not tasteless!) entries, and as well, three entries will be randomly chosen as raffle winners. Raffle and contest winners will be chosen by December 31 January 6. Mark your calendars!

References:
              List A -- Rules:

• Abide by Gaia's ToS.
              • Each individual may only participate in up to three entries.
              • If you use more than one account per person (e.g. using both you and a mule), you will be disqualified.
              • For any questions or if you want to get her attention, please quote Watervoir with this:
                [quote="Watervoir"][/quote]

• Please do not quote this post!
              • List of Christmas Carols -- for your reference, but our client requests that you limit yourself to English variants.
              • Prizes awarded will be split equally amongst the participants of the winning teams through trades from Watervoir to the winners.
              • Honourable mentions will be picked out of Watervoir's own discretion.

List B -- Most Creative/Funniest Contest Prizes:

1st place: 750,000g
                2nd place: 500,000g
                3rd place: 250,000g

List C -- Raffle Prizes:

There will be a maximum of three raffle winners, with prizes of 200,000g each.

---end of transmission---

Winners:
              TBA

Entries:
              1. [Klaatu Verata Necktie and The Alpha Gamer]
              2. [iLyfa & Sharima]
              3. [Sharima & iLyfa]
              4. [Razareil and ObscenePantomime]
              5. [TheGazSpaz and The FrUK Love Child]
              6. [Sharima & iLyfa]
              7. [Reed Meroe and Tony WildRiver]
      _______________xx
      _____________________________xx
      ___________________________________________________________xx

User Image

Angelic Champion

It's the...

User Image

2013 MODMAS TALENT SHOW~
User Image

emotion_awesome
Mean Girls, ILU. <3

Hello everyone! For Modmas this year, let your talent shine and you could walk away with 1 MILLION GOLD! Do you sing? Can you dance? Can you do a great impression of Sean Connery? Do you play the balalaika? Perhaps you can tell a great joke? Or maybe, you can rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time?
Whatever talent you posses, we want to see it! Read on if you want to join the fun!

User Image

Rules:
  • Follow the forum rules and the ToS!
  • When submitting, you MUST use the form. I will not see your post if you do not.
  • No spamming, flaming, excessive swearing, causing drama or anything like that. This is a fun show! Let's all be awesome, ok?
  • No trolling, or negativity. This is a positive atmosphere! Lets keep the upbeat friendly holiday spirit in this!
  • No submitting a video or audio clip from another person and claiming it as your own. Come on, you've got loads of talent, lets see what you can do!
  • All entries must be started by the user introducing themselves. If no introduction is made, the entry will not count for any prizes. This is to prevent people posting other people's videos!

User Image

Prizes:
Winners will be chosen by random draw. I want everyone to have an equal chance of winning! This isn't a popularity contest, this is a chance to show your awesomeness!
I will draw 3 names, each name will win gold!
1st name: 250,000g // 2nd name: 500,000g // 3rd name: 1,000,000g
Winners will be drawn on January 2, 2014!

User Image

How to Enter:
So are you going to enter the show? Great! All you have to do is video yourself performing your talent, or record your voice. At the beginning of your entry, please say something like "This is <your username> and this is my talent" so we can identify who is submitting! If you do not include a short introduction in your entry, it will not be accepted for prize purposes.
Here's 2 examples of what an introduction can be like:

Please use this form to submit your entries!

[quote="icyMOTHA"][/quote]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Link to entry[/b]:
[b]Talent[/b]:
[b]Anything else?[/b]

Entries:
Taihomi // Singing // Vocaroo
Razareil // Having a better ear (and voice) for the harmony than the melody of songs // Vocaroo
TsukiShotatsu // Singing // Vocaroo
Ms Ami // Singing // Vocaroo

So, what are you waiting for? Dust off your tuba, break in your dance shoes, practice your 80's hair metal headbanging and submit your talent to the MODMAS TALENT SHOW today!

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

User Image
Hello, and welcome to my Modmas 2013 post!
This is my second year participating in Modmas so I hope it goes just as well,
if not better, than last year! Please continue reading to see what I've got planned. 3nodding

Rules:
- You may enter as many art pieces as you want, but a single artist cannot win more than one prize.
- Art must be sent to me via PMs and there must be some indication that it is for my contest!
- Art must be of acceptable quality.
xxxxNO 5 second MS Paint stick figures/scribbles
xxxxNO poor webcam pictures
xxxxTraditional art IS allowed, but the art must be clearly visible
xxxxxxExamples:
xxxxxxx[YES!] | [YES!] | [YES!] | [NO!] | [NO!]
- All rules listed here are to be followed.
- Contest ends December 31st 11:59 PM EST
- To allow time for possible last minute or delayed entries, judging will take place by January 6, 2014 at 11:59 PM.

PRIZES:
xxxx1st Place: 2,500,000 Gaia Gold!
xxxx2nd Place: 1,250,000 Gaia Gold!
xxxx3rd Place: 800,000 Gaia Gold!
xxxxComplimentary: Each artist that enters who does not place will each get 100,000 gold.

User Image☞ Ears: White with pink fluff inside (Roseus Diamond Dog ears, just without the turquoise "+" on them)
I prefer that the ears stick out from under the hat, where a human's ears are.
☞ Boobs: Please, no large breasts. Keep 'em on the smaller side.
☞ Wings: Fairy wings (please don't leave them out!) * 7 *
☞ Top: Pasties that look like Gaia's famous wing stickers
☞ Skirt: ruffled mini skirt
☞ Panties: If you decide to show a little panty, make them white with alternating horizontal pink and light blue stripes.
☞ Skin: average peach skin with some blush
☞ Messenger bag: Not too picky, you can use either the Gaia logo or just a wing sticker if you wish.
☞ Cuffs/Bracelets: Make them blue with the "G" pin pink, not gold like the avatar depicts
☞ MISC: Don't skimp on sparkles, I love them! If you're confident with drawing animals, please include Ultra Satan and/or North Kitten Star. I'd also be happy if you drew my avatar with a blue Diedrich!

References can be viewed in the avatar art panel on my profile! emotion_bigheart

Entries:
  • [X] - By TheMainCharacter1 (user ID 28026539)
  • [X] - By Neko98111 (user ID 18462977)
  • [X] - By taptothebeat (user ID 23089603)
  • [X] - By ConfettiCannoneer (user ID 32998947)
  • [X] - By wolves luver (user ID 5687590)
  • [X] - By Nyuka (user ID 10973282)
  • [X] - By exclibur731 (user ID 22080045)
  • [X] - By Gunmi (user ID 6689580)
  • [X] - By AmittyKitty (user ID 33906313)
  • [X] - By swimming_bishies (user ID 28652359)
  • [X] - By nebuLARUby (user ID 4690486)
  • [X] - By Tanukiddo (user ID 36452157)
  • [X] - By EXO xiumin M(user ID 36302507)
  • ~

Winners:
1st Place: swimming_bishies
2nd Place: Gunmi
3rd Place: exclibur731

Where's Diedrich?
This contest is very simple and anyone can win! I'll be randomly posting this image of Diedrich in this thread and whoever is the first to quote my post containing the image will win a surprise! Keep your eyes peeled for Diedrich! To help prevent confusions regarding who quotes first (as there is a little glitch that derps up post orders if they're submitted at the same time), I'll wait 10 minutes before sending the prize to the winner.

Winners so far:

Happy Holidays! emotion_bigheart

Invisible Heckler

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
                                              Welcome, one and all, to the festive days of Modmas, a celebration of goodwill to all Gaians! As we all know, holidays aren't truly holidays unless you can hear them over the radio waves far in advance. In that spirit, this contest sets out to find 100% original revisions of the "classic" carols which permeate your car rides and grocery stores this time of year.

All Carols must:
                                              • Have a Gaian focus; this includes NPCs, Admins, and Staff (Artists, Devs, Mods, FAs), in addition to zOMG creatures.
                                              • List the classic reference you have used so we have a tune to follow.
                                              • Have clear and legible lyrics / audibility- we can't sing along if we can't read!
                                              • Be submitted by PM ONLY to Flameinexile with the title Modmas Carol Contest - any other title and it may get lost or misplaced.
                                              • Be 100% original and new; NO resubmissions of last year's works.

Carols may:
                                              • Reference Gaian places / items / forums in lieu of people / creatures as their Gaian focus.

Carols may not:
                                              • Focus on Prommies or users
                                              • Have a negative focus D: No unhappy holidays here!
                                              • Focus on Flynn or 'Flynnflation'
                                              • Break the ToS

Additional Criteria:

• Follow the tune / rhythm of the chosen reference.
                                              • Legibility / audibility are key.
                                              • Users may enter both contests (using the same or different modmas carols).
                                              • Each user may submit a maximum of 2 carols per category, but no user will win 2 places in one contest.

Categories

Written lyrics

• Submission of Modmas carol lyrics via PM.

Singer-songwriter

• Submission of both lyrics and a video clip of you the user singing your very own modmas carol.
                                              • You may ask friends to sing with you, and you may use whatever effects you like for your video but at some point during the video, your username MUST be visible for this on a piece of paper or something similar. Digital alterations to include it afterwards will not be accepted.

Prizes for Written Entries:
                                              1. User Image
                                              2. User Image
                                              3. User Image OR User Image OR User Image

Prizes for Singer-Songwriter:
                                              1. User Image
                                              2. User Image
                                              3. User Image OR User Image OR User Image

Honourable mentions will receive User Image Music Mood Bubble.

Submissions MUST be in by 11.45PM CET December 23rd.
                                              Judging will subsequently follow, with prizes awarded no later than December 28th.

Sugary Strawberry

User Image

Welcome to Modmas 2013! This is a contest dedicated to the sweets of the holidays and those who love to make them. So if you're planning on making a delicious treat, wanting to share a special recipe or feel like showing us your decorating skills this is the contest for you.

How To Enter:

• Bake some sort of treat. (Pie, cake, cupcake, fudge, the sky is the limit!)
    • Take a picture of said treat - make sure to have a paper in the picture with your username on it
    • Submit the picture along with the recipe you followed and PM it to Never Crazy with the title "Modmas Baking Contest Entry".

Rules:

• Any user may submit a maximum of two entries.
    • You may only win in one category.
    • Only your own work! Entries must have been made by you/with your help. So if you baked something with your friends for example, that is fine, but your hands must have helped to create it!
    • Entries must include a picture taken by you of the finished project, your username somewhere in the picture (on a piece of paper, written in frosting, etc) and the recipe to be counted.
    • Any sort of baked treat is allowed - even if you make something savory like a bread pudding, as long as it is baked with a sort of "treat" quality to it, I will accept. (If you have a question about an entry feel free to drop me a line to ask!)
    • All entries must be PMed to Never Crazy with the title mentioned in the above section.
    • Contest ends December 31st 2013 at 11:59PM PST
    • HAVE FUN and try not to make us all too hungry, ok? o vo

Prizes and Categories:

There are several categories that will be awarded, some will be named below and others are a complete mystery and will appear when the winners are announced.

• Best Overall 1st Place:
      User Image
      Zodiacal 2nd Gen

• Best Overall 2nd Place:
      User Image

• Best Overall 3rd Place:
      User Image
      November 2013 Donation Letter

• Best Cookie Entry:
      User Image&User Image
      November 2013 Donation Letter + Cupcake Confection

• Most Festive Entry:
      User Image&User Image
      December 2013 Donation Letter + Santa's Gift

• Remaining Prize Pool (For ??? Category Prizes And Honorable Mentions):
      User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Entries:

In order to share the love of treats all entries will be posted here under spoiler tags so others can see your work! At the end of the contest I will compile all of the entries into a .pdf dessert cook book that anyone will be able to download.

Ninnh

User ImageNutella Fudge with candy cane crumbs!
Simple to make, delicious for the holidays, and a wonderful dish to make with a special someone to bond with. If you ever wanted to give a treat as a gift to someone for christmas, this would be just perfect for that occasion.

Now for the delicious recipe.
1 can sweetened condensed milk,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
8 oz regular chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella, (not frozen nutella, room temp)
3 Tbs of butter
A very VERY little scoop of cinnamon
And then, crush some candy canes to sprinkle on top of the fudge when it's all done.

Now, take all the ingredients and put them into a bowl. sprinkle some water in it, and keep stirring til the chocolate chips have melted in with the mix. Mix for about 8 minutes, so that the mixture turns nice and thick. Make sure that there are no clumps!!

Now, put the fudge in which ever pan you prefer. I use an old pan because it belonged to my grandmother. (it's not great but I love it because she gave it to me) So when I put the parchment paper on it, it doesn't look so good because of the edges (which happened to my fudge in the picture). Anyway! Once you put the fudge in ur pan, sprinkle the candy canes on top, and refrigerate until the fudge is firm, at least two hours.

And walla. You have wonderful nutella fudge. Merry Christmas!!

Angelic Reprobate

Basic Muffin
1 Egg
1 Cup of Milk
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1/4 Cup of Sugar
4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 Cups of Flour

Lightly oil a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 190°C. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Put the first four ingredients into a bowl and mix well, then add the remaining ingredients and blend until just mixed. Two-thirds fill the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 mins.

Icing Recipe
Warm glaze icing
1 Tablespoon of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Boiling Water
1 1/2 Cups of Icing Sugar

Melt the butter in the boiling water and mix with the icing suagr, stirring to a smooth consistency. (More water may be required) Spread over the muffins at once. This is a quick-setting icing.

To colour: add a few drops of food colouring and an appropriate essence to the mixture.

JanasWorld

Easy Dessert

Ingredients
* Cookies (any that you have at home)
* Pudding (store-bought)
* Fruit (any that you have at home) (I had plums)

Take 2 cups at the bottom to put the broken cookies. Cover with pudding. Fruits placed in a blender. Make a puree. Then pour on top of the pudding. Your dessert is ready.

kleo666

Strawberry cottage cheese cake

You will need:
cottage cheese
strawberries
honey
gelatin

How to do: In a blender put the strawberries, cottage cheese, honey. Make a puree. Soak gelatin in cold water, as swells, put on a small fire, and stir to dissolve. Do not boil! Put into a puree. Mix it. Pour the puree into a “form” (I take a plate for soup) and place in refrigerator for 50 minutes. After place on a plate to bring to guests. Can be decorated in any way.

eleMENTAL_chick

eles sugar cookies with love

Ingredients
4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs I leave out 1 yolk)
1 stick
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
Colored sprinkles
Dont forget to add a little love.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. In another bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy and light. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets. Bake about 15 minute. Add sprinkles when cookies are cooled down.
Enjoy smilies/icon_heart.gif

Crystalemum2

User Image

I made sugar cookies, and white cake cupcakes with my daughter <3

The cupcakes are simply a Betty Crocker box of cake mix.

The cookies are Betty Crocker sugar cookies as well. Easiest thing ever! Ive tried many different recipes to make them by scratch. But I just cant get one I like. So here the easy solution! All I did was add in a cap full of vanilla extract cause I love vanilla.

The icing I got from Sobeys. I just asked for the icing they use.

Then for the topping i crushed candy canes smile

Merry Christmas <3

Lori Annalynn

French Toast Roll-Ups

(another picture)

Ingredients:

• white or wheat bread slices (one per roll-up)
• eggs (enough to dip all roll-ups)
• milk
• nutmeg
• ground cloves
• cinnamon
• granulated (white) sugar
• filling spread of choice, softened (cream cheese, Nutella, etc.)
• filling fruit of choice, diced (strawberries, apples, etc.)
• small amount of butter (to melt on griddle or frying pan when cooking)
• syrup or other toppings as desired

Directions:

1. Blend eggs with a small amount of milk and dashes of nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon to make a standard french toast mixture. Set aside.

2. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon (roughly 1 teaspoon cinnamon to 1 cup granulated sugar) in a shallow dish large enough to set the roll-ups in. Set aside.

3. Cut crusts from bread slices to make them square. Flatten slices with a rolling pin or hand.

4. Spread paste filling (cream cheese, etc.) over one third of the bread slice, covering all the way to the edges.

5. Place roughly 1 tablespoon of filling on top of the spread. (If omitting spread, simply place filling on one third of bread slice.)

6. Beginning at the end with the filling, roll the bread slice, using enough pressure to keep it snug. (Work gently so as not to tear the bread.)

7. Dip roll-up in egg mixture, making sure to coat the sides and ends thoroughly.

8. Place roll-up directly on buttered, warmed griddle or frying pan (350°F or medium-high) with the bread's seam facing down. (This is to cook the seam first and ensure the roll-up is sealed.)

9. Cook until browned, turning regularly to ensure all sides are finished. Remove from heat.

10. Immediately turn the roll-ups in the cinnamon sugar mixture, coating them lightly and evenly.

11. Serve with toppings if desired. Enjoy!

Notes:

• Bread used should be thin enough to flatten and roll.
• Spreads and fillings may be used together or singly as desired.
• In addition to fresh fruits, pie fillings (such as apple) may also be used.

Queen_Nyssa

Queen's Snickerdoodles

1/2 Cup butter, softened
1/2 Cup shortening
1 1/2 Cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon (tsp) vanilla extract

Cream above ingredients; set aside

Combine below ingredients:

2 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar (can be found with the spices in the stores)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

After combining, slowly mix these with above creamed ingredients. Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400, and roll dough into balls about the size of walnuts in their shells, then roll into mixture of:

2 Tablespoons (tbsp) white sugar, combined with
2 tsp cinnamon

Place on ungreased pan about 2 inches apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!!

evelyn greenleaf

User Image
Old fashioned chocolate fudge recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:

LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.

COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.

Xyeanne

Picture

Recipe for puff pastry:
5 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water, or as needed
2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature

Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a dough hook. Gradually stir in water until the dough holds together enough to clean the sides of the bowl. You may not need the full amount of water. Shape into a flat ball, and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.

Place the butter between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound into a flat disc using a rolling pin or other heavy object. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Place the disc of chilled butter in the center and fold the two ends over it so that it is completely encased in dough. Roll out the dough again, taking care not to let the butter break through the dough, to about 1/2 inch thickness. Fold into thirds. This is the first ''turn''. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and roll out into a rectangle again. Fold into thirds. By this time the butter is starting to warm up. Place the dough on a baking sheet and mark it with two pokes from your finger (two turns). Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Repeat this rolling, folding and turning two more times, then refrigerate until firm. Repeat two more times for a total of 6 ''turns''. Wrap and refrigerate. The dough is now ready to roll out and use in any recipe calling for puff pastry. Roll the dough out as thin as 1/4 inch to make pastries. Bake in a preheated oven of at least 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) to get the maximum puff from your pastry.)

1 package of puff pastry with butter (375 g)
half a jar of Nutella
100 g of strawberry
powdered sugar to farrowing
chopped pistachios to farrowing, optional
Sprinkle with flour pastry board. Put her puff pastry (if frozen - thawed before). The dough should come to room temperature (if no shrinkage during baking).

The dough cut large heart, about 8 - 10 cm in diameter, cookie cutter. Translate into plaque lined with baking paper or mat Teflon. At the center of each heart impose a full teaspoon of Nutella and a few slices of strawberry.

Bake at 220 º C for 15 - 17 minutes until golden brown. Cool, sprinkle with icing and sprinkle with pistachios and serve.

Winter Creator

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Cookies:
1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature

3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.

Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about one hour or until firm enough to roll.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove one half of the chilled dough from the refrigerator and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch (1 cm). (Keep turning the dough as you roll, making sure the dough does not stick to the counter.) Cut out cookies using a lightly floured tree cookie cutter and transfer cookies to the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheets with the unbaked cookies in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to chill the dough which prevents the cookies from spreading and losing their shape while baking.

Bake cookies for about 10 minutes (depending on size) or until they begin to brown around the edges.

Cookie Frosting:
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
food coloring

In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.

I3 a r o q u e

Latke Recipe

Time: 30 minutes
Makes 24 latkes

2 large russet potatoes (about 1 pound), scrubbed and quartered lengthwise
1 large onion (8 ounces), peeled and quartered
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
About 1 cup vegetable oil
Applesauce, sour cream or Greek yogurt, and smoked salmon, for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Line two large, heavy rimmed baking sheets with heavy-duty foil. Coarsely shred the potatoes and onions together in a food processor (or grate by hand with a box grater). Transfer the mixture to a clean dishtowel and squeeze and wring out as much of the liquid as possible.

2. Working quickly, combine the potatoes and onions with the flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and pepper, tossing with a fork until well combined.

3. Pour ½ cup oil onto each baking sheet, spreading it with a spatula. With a fork, scoop 12 small latkes onto each baking sheet, pressing to flatten into disks.

4. Bake the latkes until crisp on the bottom and sizzling, about 12 minutes. Flip the latkes, rotating the pans from back to front and top to bottom, and bake until crisp on the second side, about 8 more minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack lined with paper towels or paper bags, drain briefly, and serve.

AzulExorcist

Soft Lemon-Sugar cookies (w/ sprinkles)

I received this recipe from my late grandmother on my mothers side. She was a very sweet and caring person and I acquired a lot of my baking knowledge from her books.
Ingredients
3 Cups of all-purpose flour
1 Stick of butter (or a cup of margarine), Melted
1 cup of (granulated) sugar
2 large eggs, (Whipped)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 table spoons of Lemon juice
A large pan or cookie sheet
A Large cooling rack
1 cup of hugs, kisses and love

Paste: 1 cup Confectioners sugar
3 Tablespoons of Evaporated milk

Optional
Sprinkles, Lemon Zest and Lemon candies to top them with.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
The Mix
Beat the eggs and Vanilla together and slowly pour in the melted butter, (If your butter isn't pre-melted you can simply microwave it until it is melted.) in a large mixing bowl. Pour the Lemon Juice and sugar into the mix slowly. Dump the 3 cups of Flour into the liquid mix. If you wanted to cut the cookies into shape, now would be the time.

Baking
Because of the amount of butter in these cookies you shouldn't have to grease the pan. Place the cookies 2 inches apart unless they are smaller than your average cookie(2-4 inch. Round) you can make the space as low as 1 inch apart. Now is when we put the love in. Try singing your favorite carol for your cookie. If your voice is a little hoarse, heat up a glass of water and mix in 1 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 table spoons of sugar and drink. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, again, depending of the size of your cookies it may take 6 - 8 min or 10 - 12min. Now hug and kiss your oven for that blessed effect. If oven is too hot to hug and/or kiss, it's ok. It's not mandatory. When they come out place them on the cooling rack and let them cool for 5-10 min. For fast cooling, stick them in the freezer for 3-5 minutes.

Edible Paste(For Toppings)
Mix together the confectioners sugar and Evaporated milk in a small mixing bowl. Using a whisk is recommended.

Decorating(Optional)
Usually I make a paste to help the toppings stick. (Recipe Above) If you are using the paste, it only takes a teaspoon per cookie, sometimes less. Add sprinkles and/or candies to the top decoratively.

Useful Information

Servings: 30 - 36
Serving Size: 2 Cookies
Per Serving (Daily Value)
Calories 140
Calories from Fat 72
Sugars 17g
Protein 1g

Phantom Anon

Entry 1:
Phantom Anon’s Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

- 7 large bars of Godiva chocolate (to be melted)
- Old fashion peanut butter (must be stirred to make an even consistency)
- Powdered sugar ½ cup (mix with peanut butter to make into a paste)
- Red and Green icing
- Sprinkles

Melt the chocolate and pour a spoonful of it into a cupcake pan (be sure to put in cupcake liners first). Push the chocolate to the edges of the liner so it forms a mold of sorts (give it time to cool in the fridge for ten minutes or so). Then add the peanut butter/powder sugar into the space in the middle of the chocolate mold. Then add melted chocolate on top until it completely covers the peanut butter and reaches the edges of the cupcake liner. Let it cool in the fridge and then decorate it however you wish!

Entry 2:
Phantom Anon’s Winter Wonderland Cake

- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cup of water
- 6 eggs
- Two white cake mixes
- 2 containers of vanilla icing
- Four miniature candy canes
- Two snowmen peeps
- One White chocolate large bar
- Two Milk Chocolate large bars
- Three peppermint hard candies (two green and on red)
- Green sprinkles
- A bag of gumdrops
- Baking Parchment

Mix together the vegetable oil, water, eggs, and cake mixes. You will want to make to circle cakes that will eventually be stacked. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about thirties minutes. Once done, let them cool. Cut the rounded top off of one and then ice the new flat surface. Then, take the other cake and place it on top. Ice the entire cake and then add on the peeps, candy canes, and peppermints. Place the gumdrops around the base of the cake. Melt the white chocolate and while it is still warm, drip it onto the baking parchment in the shape of a tree. Add green sprinkles and place it in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes. Melt the milk chocolate and use a paintbrush to make the letters on the baking parchment (make sure they are thick). Place in a freezer for 15 minutes. Retrieve the different chocolates, place them on the cake, and then enjoy!

[MORE ENTRIES ARE LOCATED HERE]

(due to maximum character limit reached, you guys are awesome!)

Winners:

First of all I would like to thank everyone who entered! I never expected such a large turnout for my first Modmas contest and I was very surprised and honored that so many of you submitted entries. That said it took a bit longer to judge than I originally thought, they were all amazing and I enjoyed reading all of them. But without further ado here are the winners!

Lori Annalynn
1st Place Overall Winner
with your French Toast Rollup Entry and have won
User Image
Zodiacal 2nd Gen

Ensia
2nd Place Overall Winner
with your Winter Pumpkin Roll Entry and have won
User Image

kureyuki
3rd Place Overall Winner
with your Saffron Buns Entry and have won
User Image
November 2013 Donation Letter

Category Prizes

Desna
Best Cookie Winner
with your Spumoni Cookie Entry and have won
User Image&User Image
November 2013 Donation Letter + Cupcake Confection

Phantom Anon
Most Festive Winner
with your Winter Wonderland Cake Entry and have won
User Image&User Image
December 2013 Donation Letter + Santa's Gift

Risu_Ringo
Best Use of Chocolate Winner
with your Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pots de crème Entry and have won
User Image
Black Lace

Winter Creator
Schoolgirl Friendly Winner
with your Christmas Sugar Cookies Entry and have won
User Image
Madoka Magica: Homura Akemi

r a i n i i_d a i s
Best Cupcake Winner
with your Christmas Tree Cupcake Entry and have won
User ImageUser Image
Cupcake Confection and Swirly Naruto

-l- Iceeh Dream -l-
Most Adventurous Winner
with your Krumkake Entry and have won
User ImageUser Image
Hawkin's Treasure + Princess Kaguya

Mouynaka_Senshi
Most Colorful Winner
with your Krumkake Entry and have won
User Image
Starbabies

Honorable Mentions

My-BlackRed-Death
Honorable Mention Winner
with your Sponge Cake Entry and have won
User Image
Cake Mood Bubble

AzulExorcist
Honorable Mention Winner
with your Lemon Sugar Cookies Entry and have won
User Image
Donut Mood Bubble

Xyeanne
Honorable Mention Winner
with your Puff Pastry Entry and have won
User Image
Melon Pan Mood Bubble

I3 a r o q u e
Honorable Mention Winner
with your Latke Entry and have won
User Image
Blueberry Pie Mood Bubble

Prizes to be sent out soon, thanks again to everyone and hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff