Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lil Nell Saxen's Significant Otter

High-functioning Trash

Write Me Things!

Hey, everyone! I'm Annie, and this is a sort of temporary writing request. Basically I have some extra gold and a powerful need to spend it. Also a couple oc's who need some stories. This is a really quick thread and I have no coding skills whatsoever, so I'm sorry this doesn't look very pretty. Also I don't want to waste your time by making you read a buttload of rules, so basically just be a nice person, yeah? As far as pricing goes, I guess just tell me how much you want to be paid? I'm no good at this stuff, ugh. But anyway- onward to the fun stuff!

High-functioning Trash

Marc and Marla

Genre: slice of life, romance, drama.
Setting: New York City, the lower east side, specifically. Late 1980's.
This it the thread where these two originated. You don't have to read it all, but I thought it might give some insight on how they act with each other and stuff. It's from 2009, so it's terrible. I mean really, really, really awful! And very obviously a Rent ripoff.

Marc
His full name is Nathaniel Marcus Sanders, but Marla calls him Marc-- and she's the only one who can get away with it! He grew up in Detroit, Michigan, but has been living in New York City (specifically, Alphabet City in the Lower East Side) since he was eighteen. He calls himself a comic book artist, but there's some debate on whether that's actually valid because he hasn't been published yet. (His stories are about a guy named Patch who's basically a self-insert, who has to search a million different dimensions for his lost love who's been captured by evil bad guys. She's always juuuuust out of reach, disappearing exactly when he's about to save her. He thinks his friends can't tell that it's a metaphor). In the meantime he works at a comic shop and as a freelance sketch artist for courtrooms. He's a fairly quiet guy; he's thoughtful, kind, sincere, and he hates any kind of conflict. Marc is the kind of guy who prefers to sit at home and read or watch tv than to go out partying, and he's really only outgoing among his friends, his brother, and Marla, of course. Usually he tries to do the right thing and not hurt anybody, but that's been challenged recently.

Marla
Marla Katherine Gregory (Note: sometimes Marc will call her Didi; this is a reference to a character in one of his favorite comics.) is pretty much the opposite of Marc. She's loud, outgoing, and always looking for the next adventure. She gets bored extremely easily, and hates to sit still. She loves parties, clubs, bars, and basically anything that would allow her to have fun and be sexy and have sex with as many people (of every and any gender) as possible. She's very bad at commitments in general. Marla works as a waitress in a little diner across from Tompkins Square Park in the lower east side, and she hates it. She wants to be a professional singer (jazz, specifically), but has yet to break into the business. She sometimes sings at weddings and parties, but those jobs are few and far between.

Their History
It all started on Marc's birthday, five years ago. His roommates decided to take him out and get him drunk (very much against his wishes), and after all the partying and shenanigans, they headed to a diner to sober up. It happened to be Marla's. Marc was taken with her (and her adorable yellow uniform), and so he sketched her and left it on the table with his tip and phone number. She loved the drawing and took it home with her, but didn't end up calling- not that she needed to. Marc came to the diner every day since then, and pestered her until she agreed to go out with him. She eventually gave in, and they started dating and they fell in love and all that good stuff. Except it wasn't long before Marla cheated on him, with a rich businessman named Gabriel who had some very useful connections. Marla dumped Marc without giving him much of an explanation, but would occasionally come back to him when she 'missed him and wanted to talk'- which generally meant she was bored and either wanted some naughty grown-up fun, or she needed something. Eventually, Marc had enough and told her not to come around anymore, though it pained him to do so because she always remained the love of his life.

Scenarios:
(You're welcome to pick one of these, or just do your own thing. Doesn't matter to me!)
1. It's been eight months since the last time Marc and Marla talked. Their mutual friend Josefina (Jo) dies of a drug overdose, and they're reunited at her funeral. They're both on edge, and end up saying and doing some things they'll regret.

2. Marla gets a job singing at a party upstate. Normally she wouldn't travel so far even for work, but the money was too good to resist. On the way home her car breaks down and she has to call Marc and have him come rescue her. They drive off into the sunset together- or at least to the nearest hotel room. (I know how the setup sounds, but I am not asking for smut. If it happens, skip over it, please.)

Other options:
Marc pestering Marla at work and trying to get her to go out with her, their first date, their breakup, Marla confessing that she's cheated on him, Marc telling her not to come around anymore, literally anything else...

High-functioning Trash

Death and Lucy

Genre: Supernatural, fantasy, romance, adventure.
Setting: Here, there, and everywhere.

Death
Hooded, skeletal, scythe wielding Death-- well, not exactly. This is what he really looks like, and he'd appreciate it if you'd stop using that awful stereotype. He is the taker of souls, and he has been around since the dawn of time, but it's only recently that he's taken this form. The story goes that any human can challenge Death. If he or she can perform the responsibilities of the reaper for a period of twenty-four hours, he will grant life to one dead soul-- for a price. Death will absorb the soul of the challenger, his physical form, and his memories. The most recent 'winner' was a man by the name of Francis Hollis. Death fooled him into believing that he could resurrect both his wife and daughter, who had died in an automobile accident. In the end, he had to choose which one would survive. He chose his daughter, Isla.

Despite what you might think, Death isn't gloomy and pessimistic. He does get tired (after all, the only time he gets a break from his job is when someone tries to challenge him), and he'll complain about it. But for the most part, he's agreeable. He enjoys the little things in life, like greasy diner food, television, old movies, hot baths, etc. He's the type of person to crack jokes in tense situations, and usually starts off his 'appointments' by apologizing. He's also very polite, and extremely old-fashioned. He says the 30's through the 50's were the best times to be alive exist.

Death has a decent amount of powers. He can reap the soul of any living thing, be it human, animal, demon, vampire, etc. He can also kill anything simply by touching it-- but that's just plain rude. He operates on a different plane than humans, so regular, live people can only see him if he wants them to. He can also 'zap' himself (and others, though it takes more effort) anywhere he wants to go. Death can be summoned and made to do a person's bidding; this usually involves him killing someone who wasn't meant to die. He can also be bound, and prevented from taking any souls for as long as the spell-caster deems fit.

Lucy
Lucy Barnardo is your average, everyday girl. She doesn't have a complicated backstory, and she hasn't gone on any adventures or done anything exciting. She longs to get out and do all the things she's read about in books and seen on tv, but that would require actual money. She works in a doggy bakery in her hometown (Holland, Michigan) called 'Treats, Bitches!' which used to be just a regular bakery, and she worked three jobs to save up the money for it when it was just a rundown shack. The shop has had some success, but not enough to warrant a real vacation-- a fact that causes her a lot of pain and longing.

In town, Lucy is known for being a jinx. She's been terribly unlucky for as along as she can remember; she buys a vase at an antique store only to have it break as soon as she gets home. She buys the winning lottery ticket only to drop it on her way to work. She climbs on a ladder to fix a light bulb and she falls down and dies. Again. Lucy has died a total of seventeen times now. The first was during the apocalypse, when a pack of demons entered her store and killed her. But surprisingly, being dead wasn't a huge drag. She and Death found they had a lot in common, and after a lengthy conversation in which he explained exactly who and what he is, he simply popped her back up to the land of the living. Since then, Lucy's luck has only gotten worse. She's suffered a series of freak accidents, all resulting in her once again being sent to the in-between place. Death isn't quite sure how being impaled through the eyes socket with a crochet needle can ever be 'accidental' but he's willing to rearrange time so they can hang out, have adventures, and see the world one pizza joint at a time. After all, she does laugh at all his cheesy jokes. And she's really, really hot.

At home, Lucy can be fairly gloomy. She gets bored easily and hates staying home and having nothing to do. She's constantly picking up new hobbies only to abandon them soon after, as nothing really keeps her interest for long. Her house is full of half-complete jigsaw puzzles, books she's never read, and scarves she's never knitted. But when she's with Death, she's completely the opposite. She's easily excitable, and looks at every little thing with wide eyes, as though she were seeing it all for the first time. And really, she is.

Scenarios:
I'm not gonna spoiler tag this one because it's all extremely open-ended. These two could literally do anything, and it could take on any tone. I think it'd be really fun if you just surprised me, but if you actually do need help just let me know and I'll help with the ideas.

High-functioning Trash

Dean and Lennon

(This is based on the show 'Supernatural', so I'm not expecting a lot of stories from it. But if you are familiar, maybe this is the option for you?)

Genre: Supernatural, romance, drama, maybe slight hints of horror.
Setting: Mainly Holland, Michigan. But also other places.

Dean
(No explanation for him, since he's cannon.)

Lennon
Lennon has grown up around all sorts of baddies, so she knows how to take care of them-- though she rarely ever needs to. She's pretty positive for the most part, always believing that 'there's a way' and 'everything will work out in the end'. She's the type of person to crack jokes in a tense situation, always trying to make things just a little brighter. She really enjoys the Supernatural books, much to Dean's annoyance; she's even admitted to writing fanfiction on occasion. She likes to make pop culture references, specifically television shows like Buffy, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, and basically anything on sci-fi. She loves The Beatles, and her go-to alias is 'Agent Harrison'. (When she ropes Dean in, he's usually 'Agent McCartney').

Their History
Post-season nine Dean is off on his own and has stumbled upon a town (Holland, MI) where all the different types of baddies have created a community for themselves. Surprisingly, they get along pretty well. (Things were rough during the apocalypse though). He meets Lennon, a resident hunter who helps to keep the town safe when things go amiss. They're attracted to each other, and soon find out that it won't just be a passing fling. Enter Johanna (Hanna for short): their daughter, who has come to the future with the help of Castiel. She and her sister grew up not knowing that when their parents would go "on business" they were actually hunting. She also doesn't know that she's Cambion- the spawn of a human and a demon. Things are rough at first for Dean and Lennon, but they eventually become "official".

Scenarios:
(You're welcome to pick one of these, or just do your own thing. Doesn't matter to me!)
1. Dean finds out (through Lennon) that the Supernatural books have been picked up by another author, and now they extend past season four. They get restless and decide to go out on a job, which results in Lennon tricking him into going to a convention.

2. Things get complicated when Dean reveals he has feelings for Castiel. Lennon gets adorably jealous, but also reveals that she 'ships it' from having read about them in the books.

Other options: monster fights, roadtrips, baby name debates, Dean and Lennon fighting over who gets to go on the hunt and who has to stay home with the kids, Lennon demon-trapping Dean to punish bad behavior, once again- literally anything else.

High-functioning Trash

Fai and Lara

Genre: Romance, drama.
Setting: Here, there, and everywhere.

Fai
Faina Snow (pronounced Fye-ee-nuh) is what you might call a 'paid companion'. She was born and raised in Russia and despite being a certified genius with a talent for chemistry, she got into the sex business at the age of eighteen. Though most people would assume that she was forced into it, had a troubled childhood, or 'daddy issues' the reason was simply that she enjoys sex, money, and the thrill. And to say that Fai (pronounced the same as Fay/Fae) was pretty good at her job would be a serious understatement. It didn't take long at all for her to become the most requested girl at the house, with dozens of adoring fans and lovers. Then it got boring. Fai tends to get bored very easily, and she's constantly doing the craziest things completely on a whim. She's very childlike in many ways. She's generally a happy person who loves the little things (also, the not-so little things because let's face it: she can afford them.), and she's sweet, caring when it comes to her loved ones, and very girly. Fai does have a bit of a mean streak, though. She's a very jealous person, especially when it comes to Lara. She's been known to lash out if someone gets a little too close. If for some reason she doesn't like you, there is nothing you can do to get back on her good side; she won't ever forgive you.

Lara
Nataliya Weisfelt (she goes by her middle name) is the niece of a wealthy woman who owns a companion house. She began working there as a maid after she graduated college, but was soon put to work on the house's computer system. She's the one who does all of the fancy coding and keeps the place running; without her, there would be no business. The other employees (mainly the companions- Fai included) used to make fun of her, before they all realized just how important she was. What most of them didn't know is that she'd enter her own name into the database from time to time, and take walk-in appointments whenever she got bored or needed to release some frustration. Lara is very much a "tough love" love of person. She cares deeply for the people in her life, but she's not afraid to be stern with them if she needs to be. She gets along with mostly everyone, but she is not going to put up with any bullshit. She has quite the temper, and has been known to throw things.

Their History
Fai had already been working at the companion house for a few years when Lara showed up. She was one of the girls who made fun of her for being a 'cleaning lady', but Lara ignored most of her comments in the beginning. Things went even further south when Fai found out that she had been taking appointment, which was very much against policy. Even worse, she was convinced that she'd been taken her appointments. She often insulted and said very hurtful things to Lara, but this was mostly to hide the fact that she was very taken with her. As a matter of fact, Fai felt downright possessive of her-- which was a huge no-no, considering her line of business. She admitted this only when Lara quit her job in a rage, saying that she'd have no more of this awful treatment. Fai ran after her and apologized outright, explaining her actions, and against her better judgement Lara agreed to give whatever they have a try. They were together, albeit secretly, for some time before Fai suggested they leave the house and run off to have their own adventures. They've been on the road ever since.

Scenarios:
Once again, this verse is very open-ended so there are a million things you could do. Have Fai and Lara do crazy, on-a-whim type things while on their epic roadtrip adventure. Or you could write about their early days, back at the companion house. I love reading about these two when they're all angsty and hating each other!

High-functioning Trash

Do The thing!

You don't actually have to fill out this form, but it's a good way to get a hold of me, I guess!

[quote="annies boobs"][/quote]

[size=15]I'll write for you, Annie![/size]
[size=11]The username:
The couple:
The scenario: Optional. I won't mind at all if you wanna surprise me.
The samples:
The price:
Anything else?:[/size]

High-functioning Trash

People who did the thing:

xiaoyu-ssi ~ Death and Lucy drabble.

High-functioning Trash

High-functioning Trash

High-functioning Trash

High-functioning Trash

annies boobs's Widow

Time-traveling Detective

Write stuff!

High-functioning Trash

Dat signature. :'O

annies boobs's Widow

Time-traveling Detective

Yup. We gotta do Superwholock some time!

High-functioning Trash

Yes! Ohh, what if Hanna, Penny, and Bobbie end up getting stuck in 2014 because they stayed too long?
(Bobbie: WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! -RANT-)
And now they have to find a way home. Insert Time Lord to save the day?
And Sherlock, somehow...

EDIT: Or should it be something totally unrelated to current verses?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff