Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
AphroditesChild

Then just forget about it. I don't have the time to alter how I write to fit your expectations. Obviously I'm not the writer you really want, so good luck in finding someone who you like.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Interested but I have a ton of projects I am procrastinating working on. I shall return in a month when my schedule clears.

Samples are available here - particularly focus on Marionette's of Despair as it is closest to your requirements.

For a short 300 word excerpt, I am looking for 50k. For my longer, more standard pieces of 3,000 words, I am after 300 - 500k depending on time spent on the piece.

Interested? Quote me back.
I hope that I did not annoy you by sending you a PM instead of responding to this thread. If you would prefer for me to post the form here, please let me know.

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Demoness_Alethiras
I'd love to hire you then.

But what payment would you prefer; gold or art?

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
AphroditesChild

I'd prefer payment in art.
      c :

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Demoness_Alethiras
Alrighty; I'll try and sketch later today.

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
AphroditesChild

I'll start working on your story later this afternoon then.
      biggrin

( Would you like to read over my work as I draft it to make sure it's to your liking? Say every 1,000 words - I could send you an update. )

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Demoness_Alethiras
That sounds lovely. Can't wait for the update. <3

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
AphroditesChild

Just a quick update & sorry for being late.
I know I said I'd have your story done by today but some real-life crap got in the way - - would you flog me if you were to have to wait until Sunday/Monday for the polished/finished draft?

I Am So Sorry.

If you'd rater ignore or stop our trade / I'd be fine with that too.
Sorry for such late notice & coming basically to you at the midnight hour / last minute.

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Demoness_Alethiras
I can wait until Monday. No problem. Do you have any updates on the story though?

Romantic Regular

Good afternoon! I'm METRO SKiiES, and please forgive me for not following your template exactly.
      I've never tried to write for a commission like this, but there's a first time for everything, so let's see how this goes. That being said, I have absolutely no idea how much my writing is worth and I don't want to arrogantly presume it's a lot. I'd be thrilled to get art of some OCs of mine, though it'd be really cool to received gold, too. 100k - 200k range, perhaps? First I should be asking if you're interested at all, though, so here's my spiel:

Since it's really easy to savage someone's characters by writing from their point of view, my idea was to write a story about Jenny through the eyes of another original character. At first I thought it would mostly be lighthearted and goofy (though not in a totally undignified way), but then a plot bit me and I just had to run with it. It will probably involve the new character, a small fry sneak thief with powers who's also part of the large criminal organization, getting caught up in the power struggle over Jenny, turned into a mole by the government, witnessing firsthand just how elusive Jenny can be, etc. If you're interested, of course.

Like I said, I've never tried to do this before, and a lot of my fanfiction doesn't ever see the light of the internet. Instead, I just wrote a prologue to the piece I thought I'd write. About 500 words long, see it below the spoiler cut.

My goal is to work hard and get 5000+ words done by the end of the month if you'd like me to do this project. Of course, life and school happen often, so I might do it in a few parts over a few weeks? On the other end of the spectrum, it might end up longer than I'm planning.

Please let me know if it seems interesting to you at all.

PROLOGUE

At a point in the somewhat distant future, when he looked back on this day, the little sliver of a thief called Tim Miller, at the time better known to the denizens of the city’s sub-basement levels as Nightlight, would be surprised to realize how very little he could remember of it.

Although he’d technically been active in the early morning, it seemed like the day had started when he woke up at two in the afternoon after staying out all night on a heist. In quick succession he’d been treated to a wake-up call from the boss’ secretary, directions to an undisclosed location, and a mission directive. Twenty minutes later, not including a stop for Chinese takeout for breakfast, and he was sneaking through a vent in an underground facility. That was how most jobs started for Tim, but as soon as he dropped down into a tiny room full of file cabinets, illuminated with a light only his eyes could see, an alarm sounded and masked guards poured in. Granted, that part was a pretty vivid memory, but it paled in comparison to the way his body felt like it was being shredded like junk mail when they all started shooting at once.

Sometime later, he was aware of his surroundings again. He couldn’t be exactly sure how long he’d been conscious, but it seemed to have been poking at him for a long time. Or maybe that had been the red-headed girl standing over him. Not that Tim was having any coherent thoughts, but she seemed a little familiar. Was the proper term young woman, instead? She had freckles all over her skin, orange hair hanging halfway out of a ponytail, and wore a horribly baggy sweatshirt with the sleeves pushed up past her elbows and held with clothespins. Oh, and an apron. A red one. Which was strange, because usually aprons were… white… weren’t they?

Suddenly, he made the connection between her and what her hands were doing around his face. He couldn’t feel a thing and only one eye felt like it was open, but she looked like she was… stitching something.

A loud clanging noise, like a metal door being thrown against a concrete wall, the sound of which Tim knew well, echoed through the room. “How much longer? Lizard’s been waiting for your assistance for half an hour already.” Another familiar sound; the needling voice that gave him his jobs over the phone every few days.

The freckled woman lifted her needle away from his face, tongue between her teeth as she surveyed her work. “Almost done,” she said calmly, scooting out of his narrow field of vision. “One more eye and he’ll be as good as new.”

“Make it quick.” The door slammed again and, with a horrible feeling of dread, Tim rolled his working eye sideways to follow freckles.

One of his eyeballs stared back from an empty beaker. He knew it was his because it had a glow that was invisible to others. Usually he only saw it in the mirror. There was a rushing noise in his ears, and if he screamed when he fainted this time, which was probable, he had no recollection of it.

That was how he met the Ragdoll.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I'm EELove and I'm here to offer my services, in exchange for 1mil gold (considerably less depending on length and what you will allow, but I'm trying to buy Rosamund's Redemption). Here are some of my works, at Fictionpress . The piece will be done by Wednsday (I have class Tuesday and plans tomorrow, but I might be able to swing it sooner) if real life allows it. I have a couple ideas for the story ready, and I'm planning to write a story aligned with her backstory (how she came to work for the mob, what happens while she's there), unless you want something else. But first I have a couple of questions: The price listed (1mil-ish) would be for something about 4 thousand words (8-10 pages) long. Would you like something shorter? Do you have an antagonist in mind for her or should I make something up? And of course, are you interested in my work at all?

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
METRO SKiiES
Now this looks great. Sounds like you got a clear idea and know where you're going. I'd love to hire you. It's gonna be real interesting to see where this is going.

As for payment; my life is rather busy at the moment, so if you want art, I only have time to sketch during the weekends. Does that change your preference?

Romantic Regular

AphroditesChild

Wow, thank you so much! I'm very excited to see what I can get written~
      Hrrm.... well, to be honest, I'd probably turn around and spend any money I earn on art right now. Also, it's going to take me at least through next weekend to complete anything. Honestly, I'm fine with whichever is more convenient for you - if life is going to get less hectic in the next few weeks and you'd rather draw, I can wait awhile, too. Darn college, it's not like I'm going anywhere between now and next May.
      I'll give you a couple links to my OCs here: Kwen, Tani, Weg. If you're familiar with their fandom and/or find any of them interesting, maybe you'll have an idea if you'd like to try drawing them or not? And like I said, I honestly don't mind waiting a couple of weeks if that's when you're less busy. I just feel so greedy asking for gold outright.

On a note about your piece, is there anything in particular you'd like me to include? There's lots of wiggle room as things stand. Any characters you plan to add later that I could work into the background just because? Should I have Jenny and the others working for the big supervillain boss you mention, or have them under a smaller boss at a different time?

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
METRO SKiiES
I'll try and work out a sketch and see where that takes me then.

It's probably gonna be a lot easier to have Jenny jump between rather than having her work under Mr. Powers. Their relationship is quite strange and still needs to be worked on. As for any other characters... nothing specific. She is located in New York, so feel free to mention local villains and superheros. There are many of those. Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Avengers headquarters... It's actually a horribly stupid place to be a criminal, considering it's the most hero dense city there is. Or don't mention them at all. Jenny is first and foremost an original character. I'm just weak against the classics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff