Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
xx
User Image

Welcome to my services thread.

It has recently come to my attention that people are hiring writers and paying them most handsomly for their work. I believe myself quite the scribe and so have decided to set up shop and see where it gets me. I will mostly be writing, but I have a critical eye and can provide critique for your work, act as a Beta and edit.

Regarding writing for you; this can be something as vague as a craving (can't find that decent fantasy-with-a-twist story? a psychopath's inner monologue? looking at the world from a child's perspective?) tell me and I'll whip up something! I can also put your OC's into context; be it made-up or into a fandom. We can discuss via PMs whether or not I'm familiar with the fandom you're interested in. If you have a small idea, a dream, a notion, an idea you want fleshed out, I can help. Feel free to be as specific or as vague as you would like; I'll ask any questions before hand.

Give me a genre or theme and a list of items/objects/events you want to read about and I'll put something together. A romantic fantasy with an ogre, donkey, dragon and princess? Well, it's already been done! But I hope you get the point.

Below you should find all the information you require, but if there's something missing you'd like to ask about, don't hesitate to post here, PM or email me.

[A N N O U N C E M E N T S ]

• Regrettably I'm going to have to close this shop as I just don't have the time to keep committed to it, unfortunately. I love this shop and would love for it to be successful, but at the moment I don't have the time to keep it active and it's unfair on people who want works done.

For the time being I'm going to have to close "The Scribe"!

• Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

A b o u t . M e

Well I guess I'm going to have to give a little information out about myself. You can call me Rhea, or Lady Rhea; if you're feeling formal. I'm twenty-two from London (thereabouts), so on GMT time. I've just completed university (May 2011) and have a BSc Honours degree in Psychology. I also work full time now my studies are complete. Please be aware I do have a life outside the computer; you may not get instant responses.

I am not a huge fan of romance. It's been overdone and bled dry over the years, so if you want me to write a luvvy-dovey teenage romance novel, you're out of luck. I like originality more than anything, so please be creative when asking me. This is not to say I wont write romance at all, just that if it is un-original I'm less likely to want to write it.

I am, however, a bit of a Final Fantasy nut; my favourite being the seventh installment in the series. I've not watched a huge amount of anime, so do ask what other fandoms I know of if you're interested in that.

Please find below the basics:

User Image
                  Rhea Valente

Almighty Thread Creator God Personage
              • Currently residing in London, England, with my boyfriend.
              • Favourite animals are wolves, eagles and tigers; colour is blue and purple!
              • MASSIVE petrol-head.
              • Nicknames include "Rhea" online and "Squidge" IRL.
              • Loves to role-play, and can often be found in Barton Town; I run my own Literate RP.
              • I have a DeviantArt account.
              • I have a FictionPress account.
              • I have a Facebook account.
              • My email is: icewolf9@hotmail.co.uk - though I request you put "Gaia" or some such in the subject line as most emails without a subject are deleted.

S l o t s

o1. Closed
              o2. Closed
              o3. Closed
              o4. Closed

B r i b e . S l o t s

o1. Closed
              o2. Closed
              o3. Closed

Introduction |
              About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

R u l e s

I'd like to think I'm fairly easy-going, but these sorts of threads and services do not work without some sort of structure or organisation. Here are just a few guidelines to keep to. Again, any questions feel free to contact me.

o1. Please abide by Gaia ToS. This is mandatory and shouldn't have to be listed.

o2. Respect me; I am not a slave, I am giving up my free time to help you.

o3. I have the right to refuse any request, and will complete requests in whichever order I prefer - with the exceptions of Bribes.

o4. Please check my slots. If they're all full or closed, please do not request! You can make reservations if all of my slots are full. I'll note it down and be sure to contact you once I've got another free slot to see if you're still interested.

o5. If you have a request which may be considered over the PG-13 rating of this site (adult themes, excessive violence, suicide, drugs, horror etc), we will discuss an alternative means of sending the writing; usually this will be email, and will not be posted directly on Gaia.

o6. I will NOT under any circumstances do your homework/coursework for you. I am, however, prepared to offer guidance.

o7. If there is a time restraint on when you wish the work to be completed, bribary is a good way to get around this. The more gold, the quicker I'll work; you paid for it, after all.

o8. All work must be credited to me wherever you post it off-site. If I see anyone trying to pretend my work is their own, steps will be taken.

o9. Payment must be sent before the piece is written. The trade will be completed once you have received the work. This also applies to chapters; I will not start on the next until I have received a trade for it.

o10. Yes, we can set up something like a weekly/fortnightly payment schedule, where you send a trade for each chapter that week, and I'll have the next chapter written up in time for the next scheduled payment. Alternatively you can pay it in one go.

o11. If you have enjoyed the experience, please do write a testimonial. PM it to me or post here, and I'll get a section up for it. It is nice to be appreciated!

o12. Follow the rules, you will be ignored if you do not, and reported if it is continual.

o13. While I appreciate much of what I write may be your characters, I will say now that I am comfortable with writing Hetero relationships only; unless you've a really good plot/idea and the bribe is high.

o14. I will publish what I write on my FictionPress account; any ideas and characters will be credited to you, the writing to myself. If you wish, I can also post it on Gaia.

o15. POST your request on my thread, do NOT PM it to me and do not send a trade before I've told you I've accepted it. If after reading your request on the thread, I choose to accept it, I will then PM you and go over the details, pricing etc. Once this has all been agreed, you send the trade and I will begin writing.

o16. Rules will be added to and amended when I see fit. Please check these regularly.

Payment: I deal in pure gold. Bribes can be vast quantities of the stuff, or something from my wishlist. If the latter, you'll go straight into the white list and I'll love you forever. You are welcome to offer me art (avi art, mostly) if you wish, and after seeing some samples, I'll say whether I'm interested or not. Prices are as follows, can be amended, but can also be negotiated:

S h o r t . S t o r i e s . && . O n e . S h o t s
              1 - 1000 words: 2000 gold
              1001 - 5000 words: 7000 gold
              5001 - 9000 words: 15000 gold
              9001 - 15000 words: 23000 gold

anything over 15000 words is considered a novel. My chapters are usually between 3000 - 10000 words, depending. Below are guidelines, these are negotiable. If you only require short chapters, the price will come down.

N o v e l s

1 - 5 chapters: 25000 gold
              6 - 10 chapters: 45000 gold
              11 - 20 chapters: 90000 gold
              21 - 30 chapters: 130000 gold
              31 - 40 chapters: 170000 gold
              41 - 50 chapters: 230000 gold
              50+ chapters: 250000+ gold

Editing prices go by word count, as above. Poetry is not something I am prepared to do; writing or editing; and so will be only prose.

Now I hope you have familiarised yourself with the rules, and decided you would like my services. If indeed that is the case, and I do hope so, please fill out this form and post it on this thread.

I will acknowledge your request in the thread, then reply to you via PM, or rejecting your offer, and asking more about it. We can then discuss the details through PM or via email. Once we have reached an agreement on content, time and price, send the trade. I will accept this, and begin writing. I will then send you via the agreed method your work. Once received, the trade will be completed.

Writing Request:

[size=18][b]I have need of your services![/b][/size]

[size=10][color=darkred]I want you to write me:[/color] [color=dimgray]One-shot, short story, novel, short piece based on a prompt, song lyric etc, other [explain], (delete as applicable)[/color]
              [color=darkred]With this many words/chapters:[/color] [color=dimgray]As indicated[/color]
              [color=darkred]I need it done by:[/color] [color=dimgray]Any dates or deadlines you have[/color]
              [color=darkred]Do it for me quickly, I'll give you this many monies...[/color] [color=dimgray]Bribe, if you have one, goes here[/color]
              [color=darkred]Basically it's about[/color] [color=dimgray]BRIEF summary goes here. Include theme/genre (horror, fantasy, romance, comedy, fandom) and basic plot line, as well as how many main characters. You can also include A line from a song, poem etc if you just want something written around this. I'm quite flexible.)
              [color=darkred]By the way...[/color] [color=dimgray]Any limitations, restrictions you have; anything I definitely can't do or must do. This is important, so think carefully.[/color]
              [color=darkred]Publicity:[/color] [dimgray]Yes or No to whether I can post up the completed work as an example.
              [color=darkred]I'll pay you this much to do it:[/color] [color=dimgray]Total amount in gold/items goes here[/color][/size]

Editing Request:

[size=18][b]I have need of your editing critique![/b][/size]

[size=10][color=darkred]I want you to edit/critique my:[/color] [color=dimgray]One shot, short story, contest entry, novel, other[/color]
              [color=darkred]With this many words/chapters:[/color] [color=dimgray]As indicated[/color]
              [color=darkred]I need it done by:[/color] [color=dimgray]Any dates or deadlines you have[/color]
              [color=darked]Do it for me quickly, I'll give you this many monies...[/color] [color=dimgray]Bribe, if you have one, goes here.[/color]
              [color=darkred]I'll pay you this much to do it:[/color] [color=dimgray]Total amount in gold/items goes here[/color][/size]

Introduction | About Me |
              Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

S a m p l e s

I have an account on FictionPress, and this contains most "novel-like" writing. However I also role-play on Gaia. Here are a few examples of some posts of mine. Enjoy

One, two, three, four, five and six.

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

L i s t s

Quite simple; if you do badly, break my rules and humiliate yourself, you'll be blacklisted. The opposite of that means you'll go on the white list, and be in my favour!

W h i t e . L i s t

~

B l a c k . L i s t

~

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples |
        Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

B a n n e r s . && . A f f i l i a t e s

Advertisement for my little services thread will go here. If you're partial to art and have a mite of talent, you're more than welcome to make a banner or two for the thread! If it moves I'll even pay you.

Also, our associate threads can be found a short ways below. Do take the time to visit them.

B a n n e r s

User Image

A f f i l i a t e s

Rhea's one x one literate search thread

RiN, an advanced-literate fantasy roleplay

User Image

User Image

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists |
        Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

C o m p l e t i o n s

o1: ~

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions | Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

R e s e r v e d

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions |
        Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

R e s e r v e d

Introduction | About Me | Rules | Samples | Lists | Banners and Affiliates | Completions |
        Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

R e s e r v e d

Reserved

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
        I declare the shop open! 3nodding
Bump! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff