Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yeah. Opening another request since the last thread is basically dead.

I'm looking for some writing of my OCs here. Specifically I'm looking for something with Jenny and Joel, be it interacting at work or playing games at home. For those daring enough I'd also like a story completely written in rhyme. Ey, I said daring.

If you need previous writing, go here.

I got, like... 400bil+ Gaia gold to spend on this request, and for those who'd prefer art doodles, I can do those. Nice folks who hang about get free stuff.

Post some samples, what you're thinking and payment demands, and I'll get back to ya.

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
AphroditesChild

Tadaa! New thread to abuse.

Guess that makes us both odd.

HOW DO YOU DRAW LIT I WANNA KNOW. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Well... Imma keep calling 'im Pat. Unless he want's to be Patty instead. I can work with Patty.

Forget that I asked; this suddenly got flowing again. XD

Oh gawd that's awful TV indeed. q n q
I'll try and catch the second episode today. o u o <3 I got some extra time on my hands for once.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS ON THE ART.
I'm still not happy with the shading on Jenny to be honest. I got her eyes right (caught somewhere between a girl and woman) but her lips need more correcting. I just need to draw more lips. q n q what did you think of her awful wardrobe?

Hehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheheh. >u< <3 Yes. Jenny got a nasty grip on 'im.
Yup. Joel is mixed, but what he's a mix of is a mystery~.

Okidoki! That shouldn't be too hard to fix. I honestly think I'll sketch over this one and focus a little bit more on the shape and muscle.
AphroditesChild
HOW DO YOU DRAW LIT I WANNA KNOW. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

(You quoted yourself, silly bird xDD Good thing I was bored and cruising the various shop subforums.... I happened into the WS and saw your fresh thread at the top.)

As to the most important question --- I draw like a four year old using their wrong hand.

Hooray I solved your writing block! xD If only every writing block were so easy to bulldoze through. -throws confetti- I should be relatively free this week as well... But I'm super tired. Stayed up too late last weekend, and my sleep schedule is suffering for it. I should really... do something... tomorrow..................... orz something

Her wardrobe seemed okay to me?? God, haven't we established by now that I'm the last person to ask about clothing. I did like her little scrubs for her feet ehehe they were kawaii. Hm hm hm! Now Joel's skintone makes far more sense. That'd be another good thing to note in his profile --- although I guess, now that you have some art refs, it's not so crucial to make detailed appearance notes.

always more muscles *___*

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hint -- Your Name

Gawd, I feel stupid... q n q This is what happens when I don't get my lunch coffee. Pretend I'm not this dumb, 'kay buddy? Yeah.

GLAD TO SEE YA THOUGH.

... q u q That's... that's cute. Seriously. Cute.

Huzzah!
Blocks are basically the worst thing on the planet and the only two ways of getting through 'em is either taking the wall head on or walk away.
You really should get some sleep. We can bug each other tomorrow.

Heheheheheheh. I'll add some extra notes for ya then. Just in case.

Also; I got something cute for ya. Or technically us. I just need to make it less sketchy and add some coloring.

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bad lookin' Powers looks bad. I swear I'll redraw you gorgeous... someday. emotion_awesome
AphroditesChild

Also; I got something cute for ya. Or technically us. I just need to make it less sketchy and add some coloring.

Pretending in progress. ^___^

eheheheh this is why I'm so fun to play pictionary with. I always break down laughing and swearing during the process of my own attempts. Thank god drawing is not crucial to the educational process or I would be a straight C student.

Got sleep. @__@ I'm doing better today, I think. Hoohah. But what is this something cute???? WHAT CAN IT BE??????????? HMMMMM???

(also; "For those daring enough I'd also like a story completely written in rhyme." i'm not daring, but i can be bullheadedly bold sometimes...)
so i wrote you a bunch of limericks. if you don't know the rules/set-up of limericks, hit up wikipedia so you can fully appreciate my mastery of them. i'm pretty proud hahahaha

without further ado

there once was a girl named jenny
her hair, it shone bright as fresh pennies.
her parents did die,
in fie’ry demise,
and left her with troubles so many.

there once lived a laddie named joel
with a puff of white hair like a troll’s.
with fists full of venom,
he sent folks to heaven --
nah ******** that, let hell take their souls.

there once was a hulder named rita,
who alone ruled her woods (what a diva).
she was meant to slay men,
but all things be damned,
she’d prefer to just scowl and snap, “See ya.”

there once lived a proud nokk named storm
who ate anything remotely lukewarm.
a witch he did scorn,
though everyone warned,
so she ruined his fancy man-form.

there once was a child named hedda
‘gainst all things, she held a vendetta.
if they weren’t in her tummy,
she’d scream til her mummy
came and killed them to make her feel betta’.

there once was a man named sergei
his commands the whole troupe did obey.
despite his hard hide,
he had soft bits inside,
and it pleased him to watch angel sway.

bow down, bitches *__*

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hint -- Your Name
Good, good.

Heheheheheheheheheheh. You're not the worst artist I've seen though, if that helps. emotion_awesome

Great! At least one of us got sleep. I dunno what's up with me; usually I fall asleep before 11, but now I can't get any shuteye until somewhere around 3am, and I normally get up a little before 8.
Oh, yes! The cute thing. It's very, very lazy, and I apologize in advance. It's a small comic-ish thing of Pat, Ty, Jenny and Joel. It ain't even funny. q n q

LIMERICKS WHAT THE HELL LIT THIS IS AWESOME AND YOU THREW RITA, HEDDA, STORM AND SERGEI IN THERE TOO AND I'M SO HAPPY I LOVE LIMERICKS!!! qAq <3 Thank you! These are great. Seriously.
AphroditesChild

Not the worst drawer compared to whom?? A daycare class of two year olds? xDD You gotta be joshing me on that.

Are you doing stressful/energetic things before bed, perhaps? I've realized that I need to get off electronic devices a good thirty to sixty minutes before I calm down enough for sleep. Perhaps it's something like that...??

'Oh, yes!' she says, like she forgot about it.... 'The cute thing.'
Don't toy with my feelings like that, Aphro. -dramatic heart clench- Is it from the writing or didja make something new up? :3

Limericks are ******** great they need to make a comeback xDD Stand-up comedians should have limerick contests with each other like back in the good old days centuries before I was born lol. I should have known you'd like limericks too hahaha. They are quite your style. I would've written more, but I ran out of people that I knew enough about to be quippy. Alas.

I went scrolling through old comms of yours and came upon Hedda... I'd nearly forgotten her, to be honest. It was the pretty cute story where Durant's playing hunter spider with her... ehehe.

(joel's is my fave and not only because i got to swear in it
i promise orz)

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hint -- Your Name
My uncle is worse, if ya can believe it. The guy can't even make stick figures. emotion_8c

That's the thing; I turn off all electronic devices and sit down to read for 30-50min. q n q Whyyyyyy?

Aphy, the great and terrible forgetting of things she makes for friends!
It's new... ish. It's based on something you said which is quite true; Joel is whipped. You can now imagine the silly coming off this thing.

LIMERICK CONTESTS. YES. We need those. qAq Oh, that would have been so great...
Indeedy. Predicable, ain't I?

Well, Hedda ain't canon, so she is easily forgotten. Hm. Ought to request more containing the little beast. I'm so impressed you nailed 'em all so well in such a small space. HOW DO YOU DO THIS? PRAISE TOWARDS YOUR WRITING SKILLS. qAq (joel's my favorite too, with rita being the runner up)

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Oh, yeah!

I'll soon be updating this thread with a rather interesting request; I'll be posting three pictures (first in progress) all with their own unique titles, then ask for writing based on the pic and, well, title. spoilers it's gonna be the giver, the taker and the receiver, guess who's who I haven't seen anyone do this forum yet, so I'll try and be the first.
AphroditesChild

I really can't believe it... I never thought I'd see the day when someone bested me in being the worst xDD -reluctantly hands over crown-

Well, reading for me is not relaxing at all. So maybe that's it? I can't read anywhere close to sleeping time, because then I don't sleep hahaha. That's how I ended up reading Lolita in about two days.... The second day, I just got tired of having to stop, so I read the entire rest of the book. >___>'

Eheheheh I'm excited. Ahhfuuuu does this mean I can tell you more about Tyrian and Patterson qq There's been so much s**t going on with them these last few days. ._. Man. Most of it was Not Good, but last night I think we patched up the worst of the damage.

-pounds gavel- We'll start a petition. Limericks for all. xD

Just so I'm not crazy --- she is Storm and Rita's kid, right? That is what my memory tells me, but sometimes Memory makes things up that it wants to be true. I remember you drew her once, but I bet she'd be pretty fun to get chibi art of.

As to how I made them so perfectly............ I AM A MASTER OF SILLY AMUSING THINGS. WHEN WILL YOU LEARN TO ACCEPT THIS FACT. xDDDD guhhh except i really need to do something for gf's birthday and i have no ideas. my mastery has abandoned me damnit.

edit: the three pic thing
neat! the first one looks very, very reminiscent of a tarot card *___* especially with brief titles like that... tarot's the first thing i'd think of.

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hint -- Your Name

Never assume you're the worst or best at what you do.

It depends on the book. If it's school material I get sleepy after a while, but with novels I have to finish them in less than 4 sittings. Preferably the same day.

YES. TELL ME MORE. At this point it's safe to make changes and add things, so do it while ya can. I like the kids. o u o <3

Yup. Hedda is Storm and Rita's baby and the result of bad elf wine, spring time blues and our favorite muncher managing to be smooth for once. Sure, Rita completely ignored him for a few weeks only to kick 'im out of the forest when she found out she was preggers, but things worked out... I guess?
Your memory fails at one point though, chap; I haven't drawn Hedda. It was something I received.

I'LL NEVER ACCEPT IT. NEVER.
Aw, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Eeeeeeyup. Ya caught my inspiration instantly! Crossing my fingers this will work out.
AphroditesChild

That's....actually quite good life advice. .__. Thanks, Aphro.

Do you have much assigned reading anymore? I would imagine a lot of it has petered out, excepting study/practice manuals for figure drawing and such. That's a little different from reading, in my head... And yes, agreed on novels. -highfive- My trouble is that when I read them in such a succinct amount of time, I forget much more of them than if I'm made to read them slowly over a couple weeks. Hence I remember almost nothing of the last Harry Potter book. xD

UHHHH SUDDENLY PRESSURE
bro, there's way too much to try to fit in before you finish this piece, I'm pretty sure. xDD Patterson, as I've mentioned, does nothing in this setting except make trouble, so.... just imagine a massive trail of destruction following after him haha. Lemme narrow it down into categories... Would you like to hear about 1 either/both of their origins as fighters, 2 other cast members, like their owner and Alex and so on, 3 Tyrian's star-crossed disastrous love story when he was younger and more careless, 4 he and Patterson's current developing relationship, or 5..........................NONE OF THE ABOVE lol i dunno. or you can just ask questions and i'll answer them -shrug-

Oho! I'm one for one on memory. Not bad. Who drew the lil critter for you?? I'm impressed you got art for an oddball like that. I'm sure Rita's sister was SUPER impressed with her niece's parentage... lol

I recently got my tarot cards read. Gf lives near this fortune teller, so we went in while I was visiting her for Christmas. Apparently I'm going to become a super duper famous amazing wise teacher, and I'll get massively fat around 40, but that'll be fine! Cause I'll be like the Buddha and everyone will marvel over both my wisdom and my amazing girth. xD

Opinionated Pumpkin

14,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hint -- Your Name

I live by it nowadays. Makes me less likely to panic. o u o;;;

We don't technically got assigned reading... I'm doing this on my own accord, mostly because I'm one of the few in my class without an art education behind me. I need to get better in order to compete with the others. My life drawings will be part of my portfolio, so I gotta put my soul into it.

Okay... start with their origins and a wee bit about the other cast members.

Can't remember to be honest. It's been a few years...
Oh yes; Rita was the talk of the family for a while. Nobody though it would happen, much less the kid being a b*****d and the pops a nøkk.

THAT SOUNDS GREAT. I've never had my card read before. I'm way too skeptical of these sorta things.
AphroditesChild

I see, I see. That makes sense. If you read any particularly fascinating books, feel free to share the title. Because of my classical background, I've encountered art history/theory a few times (particularly with architecture and sculpture, less so with painting for obv reasons) but I still don't really have any footing in the subject. Learning is always good. *___*

Behehe I bet Rita's brother was chill about it though. He always seemed like a very chill guy. Does he have kids? I don't remember that either.... aghghghghg i hate not being able to remember everything about everyone xD Just the other day, I had to deadstop and go find art to remember what colour one of my fave characters' eyes were.

I've had them read 'professionally' twice, and been to a fortune teller who didn't use cards but still read my fortune a third time. None of these were my idea, but I don't mind indulging other people. -shrug- And all three of them were 800% bullshit. (Not necessarily the teacher/getting fat part, but a bunch of other stuff he said..... so much bs xD)

Unprofessionally, my sister practiced Asatru for several years and during that time she worked on learning tarot and runes. I was more inclined to believe that, perhaps simply because she had no incentive to tell me things I wanted to hear. I was also much more a part of the process, hearing about her training and that sort of thing. It was pretty neat, although I never made any decisions based on card readings.

Fighter things ---
I can't remember how much of what I mentioned before, so forgive me if I repeat myself.

This au takes place in the nearish future, without any declared timeline. The world lives underground; no one discusses why they can no longer survive on the surface, but something happened to make it infertile and the air at least somewhat toxic, as I understand it. It may only be unlivable in certain patches, like this one. Life continues much as it did --- the rich and the poor and the workers getting by all live at their own paces. Patterson was one of the poor, didn't even really join a gang but was just opted into it by being born where he was. After a few rocky years, he finally got busted for something and was old enough to go to prison.

So he did. Prison was alright, as prisons go. At least he didn't have to worry about how to feed himself anymore. He was pretty content to wait out his sentence in relative peace (although he did get into a handful of nasty spats before he convinced them it was better he be left alone). He only had one guy he was close to / trusted, and then, without warning or purpose, that friend died.

And the next morning, the world was unbearable.

Patterson immediately went to talk to people about getting out. Prison overpopulation still being quite a problem in the future, they've developed some ways to alleviate it. One of the most popular routes is meatbags. Meatbags are what they sound like -- human punching bags. Companies don't necessarily want their fighters training against each other all the time, but it's still preferable to have some kind of moving intelligent target to practice on. So they bring in disposable people with zero training and have the fighters shred them up. Sometimes they get medical treatment afterwards; often, they don't.

Most prisons have worked out deals with various fighting companies; they supply a certain number of meatbags a month and get paid accordingly for it. Works well for everyone involved.

Patterson, still having a year or two left in his sentence, volunteers to be one of these meatbags. He leaves the prison and is beat on for awhile, until his future boss is meandering through and notices some potential in him. Untrained, yes, but given that he is a meatbag, he's holding his own against a seasoned fighter better than he ought to. (It turns out, much much much later in the story, that Boss was actually involved in a bet that said no one could take a meatbag and make them into a proper arena victor.) In any case, Boss picked up his prison record, interviewed him a little, and deemed him fit to join the company.

And so, Patterson became a fighter. :D

How wrong Boss was lol xDD i'm sure he regrets that day more than words can say

Tyrian likewise didn't come from a super swell background. But he went and auditioned for a company like a normal fighter, not Patterson's unlikely route. He started around sixteen years old, and at that time, was mostly a berserker sort. If the initial rabid rush didn't take the opponent down, he was probably ******** for the match. xD A spectacle fighter for the cheaper crowds, no one really expected him to live more than a year or two.

But as I've said, he's got a brain. Realizing that he could get better at fighting and actually make a career out of this, he decided to shape up and do so. I think most fighters see short-fuse/flash temper/boiling uncontrollable anger as a good thing, but Tyrian decided that wasn't going to keep him alive very long. (He's not wrong.) He worked simultaneously on taming that instinct and on his showmanship. Because what was going to keep him alive and working was an adoring crowd.

From there, he changed the spectacle of his fights away from 'omg what a disgusting beast wow look at all that blood and those spilling guts mmmm' into...not quite a comedy routine, but definitely that angle. It was an entertaining show. He knew how much he struggled with his own temper, so he sought out that same feeling in his opponent and mercilessly egged them on. In hockey, we would call him a chirper. They go chirp chirp chirp in your ear until you finally snap and try to strangle the annoying little birdie.

That got him picked up by a higher profile company, where he received better training and so on. As his skills and self-control developed, he transitioned into serious fighting as well. In his middle years, it was up to his mood that day how he'd handle the match --- he could pretty easily tap into slapstick chirping or legitimate fighting or devolving into a demon. Now that he's older and has to be more careful with himself, it's mostly real fighting. He reserves the smartassery for outside of the ring, and the temper -- giving into that would get his damaged body too ******** up at this point. Those days are done.

He passed his twenty year mark not long ago. There's very few who fight for two goddamn decades. I think I've said before, he's far far from the best, but he's clever and he knows the game much better than most fighters. Owners and trainers tend to like him, because he can speak on their level and understand the politics that inform their decisions. Lately he's started to act like sort of a translator between owners and fighters --- nah, it's not that he thinks you suck; it's this and this and this reason. He's good with his mouth and his mind, can make up metaphors and explain complex issues in simple words.

Plenty of people don't like him because he's either too smart or too smart a** or because he kicked their a** that one time, but few who know who he is pay him too much disrespect (at least until he pisses them off again xD). So Joel's reaction is pretty representative of seasoned fighters -- tepid friendliness and professional acknowledgement that dwindles into irritation xDD He's also mildly notorious for flirting with anything, although it's hard to say in any given encounter how much of it is glib talk and how much of it serious. After all, he's pretty happy to sneak off into an empty hallway with anyone else who's willing, not picky with gender or personality or appearance. =)

enough words in this post lol
i'll do other folks next post

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas