Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hahaha, oh boy. I think lack of sleep is frying your brain :p

Ok, I think this is making sense ... I'll keep you updated with the planning of the plot just so if I write an absurdity as to how Basilica functions (or whatever) you can correct it ... unless it's something you don't mind (since you are giving me a good load of artistic freedom, thank goodnes! Hahaha).

Right now I'm desperately trying to find this old Inception fic that I read ages ago that was written in the non-linear format and that I loved. BUt woe of woe, I forgot to bookmark the fic and I have no idea what it was called, or where I found it [/sobs]

But in the mean time, I found a whole LJ site where a bunch of new fics were published and now I've been sucked back in that vortext of never ending fic-reading and wasted time. LOL [/dies]
Ok I think I'm getting somewhere with a plot. Also already getting ideas for AU settings, transplanting them in college or something hahahhaa xD

Anyway for this story (as to not get ahead of ourselves), how does this sound for a plot so far (definitely susceptible to modifications/eradication lmao):

When an atrocious rape and murder gets linked back to Basilica, the group fervently
      tries to keep one step ahead of the police to find out who the true culprit is.

Hmm ... let me know if it sounds like something you'd be interested in reading.
I can take out rape if that's going too far, haha. There won't be anything explicit in the story, since it'll mostly deal with after the facts.

Let me know what you think. As I said, nothing is set in stone yet wink

[EDIT]

I have a question about Hest. Some things in his profile strike me as contradictory so I'm hoping you can shed some light on the situation :p

Okay so you say he's a hedonistic, so he only cares about pleasuring himself. I was wondering what kind of things he draws pleasure from?

Because you also say that he's "demisexual". I didn't know what this was so I looked it up. It seems to me that it means that Hest is therefore someone who won't have any sexual attractions (let alone sexual intercourse) with anyone unless he feels a very very deep emotional attraction/bond with them. So it's not something to take lightly. Thus, the above can't be referring to sexual indulgence since it goes his nature as a demisexual.

Then in answer to someone's question about which characters would be partial to an open relationship, you said Hest is on the fence and it would depend on the nature of the relationship with the person he was with. But seeing as he's a demisexual, wouldn't all of his relationships (if they're sexual and not just a "cover" ) be super serious? Because, if he got to that level of emotion [which, doesn't seem compatible with his hypocrite and irresponsible nature either] wouldn't he be against sharing (since you also say he's a bit possessive)?

Also (LOL SORRY) you don't precise if he's more of a demi-heterosexual or more of a demi-homoexual ... or even if he's a demi-bisexual, since being demisexual isn't a sexual orientation but rather a nature of one's libido/sexuality ?? Dunno if that last bit made any sense LOL.
[meaning that it's not he chooses not to have sex with anyone until he feels a strong emotional bond but with them but rather he doesn't want to/feels no desire to. Thus the person of his affection could be woman or man or both, depending on his orientation.]

Anyway, sorry I'm nitpicking his profile, but depending on your answers he may play a pretty big role in the story (which is more or less outlined now, just awaiting your feedback as to the plot blurb and Hest's characteristics).

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    Oh * A* I like it!!

I don't have any big qualms with any kind of situation, so I don't mind that issue at all. Please go for it~

Also no worries-- Profiles tend to be very short for characters that I've been handling for a very long time, so I totally understand if some parts seem really contradictory. I may have also selected opposing traits due to the fact that I was really trying to set up a dual nature between the characters, which quite a few has.

I'm actually really glad you're taking the time to do so much research on them AHAH OSIGHSOGH

Hest's hedonism kind of stems from his irresponsibility. Since being a hedonist means minimizing displeasure and maximizing pleasure, he generally likes to take things easy and not take the reins. It's why he doesn't really bother picking fights with Sharde and just kind of lets Rune do whatever he wants. He doesn't like responsibility, he likes taking life easy and he takes pleasure out of what's mostly seen as superficial things. He likes to travel, party, etc. anything that surrounds him with people. He's a very whimsical kind of person, so he'll wander around without any real plan.
    hm.. I guess it's more accurate to say that he just really likes life and humanity itself, in the way a scientist might be fascinated with a lab animal? So he takes pleasure out of observing and watching how they react. Kanasaki and Hest are similar in this aspect.

In regards to the demisexual comment:
    Hest actually operates by two masks-- Well, a lot of them (and people in general) do, but his is a bit more extreme.

There's the public mask, which means he's easy, outgoing, laidback and generally carefree. That's the mask which means he has no attachment to people and the one he works a bit harder to maintain. The second mask is his private one, which is where the demisexual traits come in.

I think it's easier to understand if I attach it to the story, so it's something like this:
    Hest is attracted, privately, to Kanasaki personality wise. Kanasaki himself tends to be a bit of a flighty bird when it comes to sex and sexual relations-- not to mention he indulges in a lot of very questionable..... acts, at times with multiple partners.
    In any case, Hest never really confesses and Kanasaki never really answers. Since this kind of equilibrium is hard to maintain if he's too possessive, he kind of forces himself to comply and go with Kanasaki's whims-- at least on the sexual front. He doesn't want to, but on his list of priorities, his desire to be close to K outweighs his lack of desire for unbonded sex. I think it's also important to realize that Hest actually takes pride in the fact that he and Kanasaki are so similar on every other front. He feels like he understands K the most and it actually distresses him if he feels like that's being taken away from him. So he will indulge in mindless sex but not due to it being pleasurable in itself, but rather because he wants to understand and to give the impression that they [He and K] really are as similar as they come.

So, it's very true that he's pretty contradictory. It's something that he needs to resolve with himself, because at his base core-- if nothing else was attached, he's a very possessive lover due to his demisexual nature. But since his nature and ideals conflicts with his biological inclination, he can and will override the biology cognitively.

Now I'll veer the other way in hopes of giving you a clearer idea of why I said he's "on the fence" and that it's dependent on his lovers.

As I mentioned above, Hest can and will engage in aimless sex because that's Kanasaki's nature. Sometimes he does it as a means of outright lying and letting Kanasaki know he's not attached [To keep the peace], sometimes they do it together [To feel that K isn't drifting away fro him], and sometimes he just does it because he's frustrated and he can't understand why K bothers [Trying to understand it-- I never said it was a good way of trying to understand but hey--]

On the other hand, if we pair Hest up with-- for example-- Demitri, then he has no need for that kind of dual nature. Demitri doesn't have any inclination for the kind of rapid, fast-paced sexual life that K has. So with him, Hest would be fairly possessive and a lot more controlling. In that relationship, he wouldn't be accepting of an open relationship on any ground. The more hypocritical aspect of his nature is that he does get attached to people (private mask), especially those he works with. So it wouldn't be uncommon if he desired two people simultaneously, while wanting them both to cater to him exclusively.

I GUESS IF WE REALLY GET DOWN TO IT[???], it can be distilled down to Hest caring about his partner's desires more than his own [at times]? Which is, again, a contradiction of his basic nature but a basic nature is his general inclination. They all have exceptions depending on the circumstance. Of course, even if I say all this, Hest does have his breaking points and does get very, very unpleasant when he reaches the end of his patience.
    Ah-- Also, the ferocity of his partner's personality will play a big role in his reactions and consideration. Due to Kanasaki's flighty I-don't-give-a-s**t nature, Hest would be pretty insecure in a relationship with him, because he knows that, even if K does accept him, he will be more invested than K. So he wouldn't push it very far and if K wants an open relationship, he kind of has no choice but to comply. Better being acknowledged than nothing at all.
    Back to the example relationship with Demitri--
    Demitri's fairly passive. Even with Makoto, Demitri tends to be a pushover and quite serious. He has a weak personality when it comes to people he cares for, so if Hest was paired with him, he would take a drastically different approach than if he was dealing with Kanasaki. As Demitri wouldn't accept a relationship unless he intended to make it work (Whereas K would do it for momentary fun), Hest would constantly be testing and measuring the degree of their individual investment. So long as they have similar levels or Demitri is invested in it more, then Hest would be secure in trying to control him and taking less of Demitri's wants into account.

Oh-- And Hest is demi-bisexual. I figured just being attracted to personality would be enough of an indication * A*

I don't know if all of this actually helps;; Sobs, I hope it does?
    SOMETIMES I JUST START RAMBLING AND I'M NOT SURE IF I ANSWERED THE CONCERN AT ALL ORZ

Your answer was amazing. Very clear and I think I have a better grasp of Hest now! Contradiction isn't necessarily a bad thing because what are we humans if not contradicted beings ... but when it's just in short blurbs like that in profiles, it can be puzzling. Of course I understand that you can't elaborate on those contradictions in the profile because then (I mean honestly) no one would read it LOL! But made me so happy to see this really long and obviously thought out reply!

Also it helped that I want to pair Hest off with one of the two you used in your example. So it will definitely help me when interpreting their interactions in the story wink

Ok, I'm not sure about the plot blurb I gave to you after all. The murder part is still the same, and it still gets linked back to Basilica ... but I don't want to give you the impression of this turning into a fulblown whodunit LOL. It's more like Basilica trying to do control damage :p
An investigation would be super interesting, no doubt, but since it's my first non-linear work, I want to keep the story line rather short and simple.

Hope you had a good sleep. It's my turn to hope off to bed now xD

I'll think up of a more accurate plot blurb in my sleep :p

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    oh OISGHP I'M GLAD IT HELPS SOBS;; I just random incoherently a lot, honestly.

Yeah ; v; I try to maintain a balance since these characters are pretty flawed. I generally hate profiles because they really don't give a proper sense of the characters-- though some people have done some really amazing things with them even without my intervention * A*

Ahhaahh NOW I'M CURIOUS!
    Admittedlythey'rekindofmyfavouritetwoforHest, so I'm excited either way * A*

Oh-- No problem! I actually love a good mystery, but I really love to read in general. So feel free to work out whatever you feel is right * V*///

Thank you~ I hope you rest well!
Hahaha, glad I chose a good pairing, ahhaa ;D
It most likely won't be overly explicit more like heavily implied ... well you'll seel anyway :p

I've never actually written a mystery piece either. I think if I attacked both styles at once, I'd be in way over my head. But maybe a second piece as a modern mystery .... hmmm, not out of the question!!! :p

Well, I'm awake now, but I need to get some school work out of the way before I start my personal projects >:
Fortunately, I have no classes this whole week, yay biggrin

How was your day? ^^

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    Ahaha, that's how it is in my story too!
    I don't know, there's something I really like about implication rather than explicit * A*

I get what you mean!

Oh, good morning!-- Night now? ahaha

Are you on a break of some sort? *A*

I didn't have class this morning, but I still have classes in the afternoon and such ; v;//
    Good luck with your homework!
I really like both, but yeah I agree that sometimes implicit references just gets makes me so giddy in a way explicity doesn't :p

It's evening here now (well 6:30 5:30pm [time change is ******** with my mind] haha...late afternoon?). I'm on a week long break for Halloween ;D
Usually high schoolers get 2 weeks off at this time, but we poor university students only get 1 week. Haha, I'm not going to complain, the other two years we didn't get any break at all!!! *o*

Thanks. Good luck with the afternoon classes! Hope they're fun ones at least :p

[EDIT]

Can you tell me a little bit more about the country & city the OCs live in?
Like, what's the name of the country & city.
You gave more information about the city, but how is it situated in the rest of the world. So it's not a very big city, so not the capital of its country? Is the segregated system specific to this town? To the country? To the world? (why/why not)? etc...
That kind of information :p

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    Ahahah. Maybe I feel like usually explicit stuff gets to this whole build-up and then ends quickly, whereas implicit kind of keeps goin * V*//

Oh! That sounds nice, actually. We don't get a break except for winter, but that's after all our classes are over SOBS;;

Thank you! They were okay * V*// I'm really worried about Thursday because I have another midterm then but.. We'll see how it goes.

Ahaha, I was actually worried someone was going to ask me this!

But it's okay because it actually forces me to think about it.

Honestly though, the city and where it actually is never crops up in the story itself. Although I have nationalities for the characters, the truth is that I put it in simply as a guideline (for a general idea of how they might act or their customs)-- it's totally up to the writer whether or not they want to anchor it in some sort of international realism.

I don't have names for the country or the city, so those can be story-specific and up to the writer, or I can try to think of something ; v;

BUT THE ONE THING I DO IMAGINE, HOWEVER;;
    Is that the "country/city"-- whichever it really is, is rather small and physically isolated. It's an island country, so it's rather stereotypical but think of it like Japan geographically. Of course, the elites do leave the country (And Basilica especially, for missions)-- their technology is enough to enable that kind of international travel at the drop of a hat.

Ummm, hmm-- What else to say...
    The country isn't closed off from the rest of the world trade-wise, so it isn't like Japan or China in their histories. But due to being an island state, they tend to keep to themselves. Resource wise, they're generally self sufficient aside from luxuries. If they don't have the natural resource for it, I imagine they would have some kind of synthetic substitute. More of a peace-keeping country (Or gives the impression of being)-- doesn't really tend to have much of an international presence; so kind of like Canada in that sense.

Oh-- Also, due to it being an island state, there are some population-control laws in place. China's one-child policy as well as life expectancy cut off-- Really controversial humanity laws. This will probably vary depending on the city. I'll leave that up to your imagination, yes? * V*

The city itself is probably decently sized-- either the capital or a close second. The segregation laws are probably in place for all of the big cities, but not for the more rural communities. I imagine this kind of establishment is based on the government being heavily influenced by the classes with all the money and power (Or the bourgeoisie, in sociology terms) and a want to stay in power/keep their class separated

I hope that's okay ahhhs oghasogasphg
[/flails]

Sorry for the late reply. I was with my cousin all day yesterday and then with my friend the whole evening hehe.
Anywho, just a heads up that you won't be hearing a lot of me these next few days. Surprisingly, I'm actually busy this Halloween (first time in like ... 10 years ? Hahaha!) with friends and family planning parties before/during/after the actual day, lol!

So, starting today my days are going to be divided between rushing to catch up on studying, partying and then sleeping in and/or nursing hangovers, LOL! Unfortunately this kind of scheduling doesn't leave much room for writing >:

BUT, the good news is that I more or less have the whole outline and the order I want to write it in planned out. Of course, it might prove to NOT WORK AT ALL when I start writing, but at least I have something to start with, heheheh :p

Thanks for the info on the country and city and world! It's a good base to start with, and I feel less apprehensive about a good reign of artistic freedom when it comes to the world& city than characters. So the vagueness isn't too bad. I can go off of what you have given me here and then elaborate on my own if i feel the need to. ^^

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MIDTERM!!!

I shall talk to you when the fun rush of this week is over for me biggrin

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    No worries!

I hope you have lots of fun ahh!!

I'm studying since my midterm is on Halloween, ahah. So it's all good ; v;////
    But I really appreciate the constant communication * V*

See you soon!
Saibraeus

How'd the midterm go? biggrin

I'm feeling so "blah" after these last few days ... you know that feeling when you want to be doing something but nothing feels like it's that right thing you want to be doing? Tried reading some fics, but couldn't focus on the stories

So I think I'll try writing, but don't know how long I'll be able to focus ... or if it'll be any good haha :p

Just a question, do the characters actually speak the languages of their respective ethnicities? For example, does Demitri speak Russian?

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    It went alright, I think! I'm a bit nervous for the results but at least I know I wont' fail ; v;

Ahh-- I hope you had fun, at least? * V* How did everything go?
    AND YEAH HAHAH I FEEL YOU. I'm just sitting around watching movies right now because I feel that way.

Oh * A* Good luck!
    I tried drawing a bit earlier but just got really frustrated, so I don't blame you at all if you rage quit like me. Orz

If you're going with a more realistic world, then I would imagine they do~ * V*

Timid Dabbler

kiibby * v *
            i'dlovetowriteforyouomgosh.

do not know if i am worthy... OTL;;

synnovu's Senpai

Divine Nymph

User Image
    Sekiiiiiiiiii * A*///

OMGOSH DO IT AHASH GOGHAOIG NO I LOVE YOUR WRITING AHHH

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items